The Innocent Mistake

Per Poohbear8435

"Sidhaaarth..", the young girl cried again. "What did you say?", He asked. "Sidharth?", She replied a little... Més

The Cover
Prologue
The Innocent Mistake - 1
The Innocent Mistake - 2
The Innocent Mistake - 3
The Innocent Mistake - 5
The Innocent Mistake - 6
The Innocent Mistake - 7
The Innocent Mistake - 8
The Innocent Mistake - 9
The Innocent Mistake - 10
The Innocent Mistake - 11
The Innocent Mistake - 12
The Innocent Mistake - 13
The Innocent Mistake - 14
The Innocent Mistake - 15
The Innocent Mistake - 16
The Innocent Mistake - 17
The Innocent Mistake - 18
The Innocent Mistake - 19
The Innocent Mistake - 20
The Innocent Mistake - 21
The Innocent Mistake - 22
The Innocent Mistake - 23

The Innocent Mistake - 4

1.9K 310 173
Per Poohbear8435

Check if you've read the previous chapter.

Unedited
____________

Sana sat on the couch, hugging her knees and watching her mother stroll to and fro in extreme tension.

"Priyaaa!!", Rajiv barged into the house and sighed looking at his wife and daughter safe.

"Pufff!! You both are safe. You left a message at the office that it's an emergency. I got scared.", Rajiv sighed with a frown.

"Raa.. jiv..", Priya turned towards Rajiv and a gush of tears filled her eyes. Her face turned red showcasing extreme agony. Looking at her face, creases of tension formed on his face.

"What happened? Is everything alright?", His face turned pale sensing some great tension.

"Sana..", Priya sobbed. She didn't know how to to tell him the dreadful news which was ready to break their world.

"What happened to her? You took her to the doctor right? What did the doctor say?", Priya's constant sobbing unnerved him.

"She's... She's...", Priya bawled.

"For Godsake!! Stop crying and explain to me. What happened damnit!!", Rajiv was perturbed. When he heard Sana whimper on the couch, hiding her face in her knees, he freaked out.

"Sana, what happened dear? Are you alright?", He asked cupping Sana's face. Sana looked at her father with fear written all over her face. She had already seen her mother's reaction in hospital and wasn't ready to face her father's wrath.

"She's pregnant Rajiv..", Priya cried loudly. He was horror-stricken to hear those words.

"What did you say?", He turned to Priya with a puzzled look.

"She's pregnant..", Priya repeated in a feeble voice.

"Have you lost your mind? You are pulling a prank on me, right?", He made an attempt to laugh with his now paralysed face due to the shock.

"I wish, I was..", Priya wept uncontrollably. Sana too couldn't control herself after looking at her parents' state and bawled along.

"Sana, do you even know what your mother is saying? Looks like she has gone insane.", He said to his innocent daughter.

"The doctor said she is over 13 weeks pregnant. Those vomiting, mood swings, missed periods, all makes sense now. We are doomed Rajiv. She can't even undergo abortion. Her body can't undergo the procedure as it involves a great threat to her life...", Priya went on to explain.

"Are you telling me that all this shit is for real? How the hell can she get pregnant? She is just a child.", Rajiv asked who was still gobsmacked and not ready to accept.

"I thought the same Rajiv but I realised that we are in denial. The day she started menstruating, she was no longer a child.", Priya said.

"That means... Sana.. Sana had s.. s..", his mouth dried unable to utter the word which was considered as an obscene and obscure  to speak in front of children in the society he belonged to.

"Shit!!!", He yelled facepalming loudly which startled Sana. She was appalled to see her father in such a state.

"Shit shit shit!!", He banged his hand multiple times on the table in anger.

"Who is he? Who did you sleep with?", Rajiv asked approaching closer to Sana which made her shiver. She crawled back towards the corner of the couch. Tears rolling from her face unstoppably while her heart thumping loudly.

"Tell me who is that bastard Sana? I will kill him. I won't hesitate a bit or even fear going to jail while I do so..", yelled Rajiv.

"Rajiv, stop it!!", Priya screamed pulling Rajiv back. Sana was trembling in fear after witnessing her father's bloodshot eyes.

"Sana, you go inside your room. Now!!", Priya yelled holding her husband with her full force. Sana got up immediately and ran into her room.

"Leave me, Priya.. Let me get his name and I will kill that bloody bastard.", Rajiv said.

"Will that solve our problem, Rajiv?", Priya asked.

"What do I do then?", He asked loudly jerking her hands.

"I don't know Rajiv. I had the same reaction when I heard about it from the doctor but you know what she said? She said our daughter could have been a victim of physical abuse or molestation. Our reactions could further disturb her mentally. We can't lose our child.", Priya cried.

Rajiv plopped on the couch helplessly. Priya sat beside him.

"Who could have done it to her?", Rajiv uttered.

Priya was lost in her thought. Suddenly her grip around his arm loosened and she looked up at Rajiv dubiously. At first, he didn't realise but then her suspicious look made him lose his calm.

"Priya!!! She is my child. I would kill myself even before I get any such thoughts.", Rajiv yelled making her stutter.

"I am sorry.. sorry.. sorry..", Priya started weeping covering her face with her palms. She had lost her mind completely and wasn't able to think sanely.

.
.
.

"Congratulations Sidharth. You know Mom and Dad were so happy when they heard you scored distinction in your 10th board exams.", Shashank exclaimed hugging Sidharth.

"Hmmm.. Thanks.", Sidharth hummed softly not reciprocating his brother's hug with same enthusiasm.

"You still angry at me for sending you to boarding school? Come on brother! You were skipping classes and getting into wrong influence. See, you scored so well coming here. You know how proud me and our parents are of you right now?", Shashank said.

"Yes, bhaiyya..", Sidharth said faking a half hearted smile.

"Well, let's go home. I've come to pick you up.", Shashank said.

"No bhaiyya. I am staying back. I will attend my junior college here itself.", Sidharth said.

"Hmm.. you've become too big suddenly.  Started taking your own decisions. What magic has these 5 months done to you? You've started growing a young moustache too.", Shashank chuckled.

"How is Jiya bhaabhi (sister-in-law)?", Sidharth asked to change the topic.

"Hmm.. I am getting married Sidharth. That's one of the reason I came to take you home. Mom and dad are flying down tomorrow.", Shashank said.

"Congratulations bhaiyya. Happy for you and Jiya bhaabhi..", Sidharth said.

"Well, I am not marrying Jiya. Her name is Ananya. She is dad's business partner's daughter. You won't be speaking about Jiya to anyone. Understand?", Shashank said.

"What? What about Jiya bhaabhi then?", Sidharth asked in shock.

"Stop calling her bhaabhi. We broke up and she is happy in her life.", Shashank yelled.

"I am sure, she would be..", Sidharth smirked with a sarcastic comment. He always wondered how could someone put up with his control freak brother.

"Mind your tongue, Sidharth. Go pack your bag now! We are getting late.", Shashank ordered which irked Sidharth. After living his 5 months of life, away from his bossing brother and the one severed by the dark memories of past, he had started to cope with his life his own way. He had forgotten to take and obey orders given from anyone.

"When is the wedding?", Sidharth asked.

"On 18th of this month.", Shashank said.

"That means there are still 2 weeks. I'll come on 17th evening by myself.", Sidharth said.

"What? Have you gone nuts? What will I tell mom and dad?", Asked Shashank.

"The truth! I am not Jiya that you have to hide secrets about me.", Sidharth said earning a slap on his face from Shashank.

"You know what? Don't dare to step into my house. You aren't invited for my wedding.", Shashank said.

"I am not interested either. Next time don't dare to touch me, I am not your bloody slave.", Sidharth replied before turning his back to his brother and going inside.

"What the hell!! Where did he get this big mouth and so much courage to speak like that to me? I am going to make sure you rot here forever.", Shashank seethed in anger before leaving.

.
.
.

"Sidhaaarth.. how are you my child?", Asked his mother, Ramya.

"I am fine, mom", Sidharth answered.

"Hey!", His father, Anil greets coldly.

"Hi dad", Sidharth replies. Shashank had been Anil's favourite son, so it was natural for his father to be on Shashank's side than his. Afterall, Shashank was marrying Anil's business partner's daughter.

"We've come to take you home for your brother's wedding happening next week.", Ramya said.

"Hmm.. I am not invited, mom", Sidharth said.

"What are you saying Sidharth. He is your brother. Who invites brother to their wedding. We are family.", Ramya said.

"Sidharth, pack your bags. I don't want to cut an embarrassed face infront of people who will ask about your absence during wedding.", Anil said.

"Fine dad, I will attend the wedding and not cause you embarrassment. But I will come on the 17th evening.", Sidharth replied.

"Sidharth, aren't you going to spend some time with your mother?", Ramya asked but before Sidharth replied, Anil spoke.

"Fine Sidharth. I'll see you on the 17th. Shashank had warned me of your arrogance but I came here upon your mother's insistence. If you don't show up for the wedding then I will stop funding your studies as well. I can't bear the expenses of a child who doesn't know how to respect his parents. Let's go, Ramya", Anil yanks Ramya along.

"Anil? What are you saying? He is as much our child as Shashank is. If you don't want to support Sidharth then I will. I can't leave him stranded.", Ramya spoke in favour of Sidharth.

"Your money, your wish. But mind you, your blind love is spoiling him. If you support him, he will never listen to us again.", Anil said.

"Your and Shashank's rudeness will push him away from us not my love.", Ramya argued.

"Will see..", Anil said.

.
.
.

On 16th, Sidharth packed his bag to go to his brother's wedding. He went to the cyber cafe to print a ticket for himself. Since he had to pay a minimal charge of half an hour, he decides to check his facebook account after months. He had a long list of notification. His hostel mate had tagged him in the pictures of farewell and the recent one being them passing the exams. He simply pressed on the like button on those pictures.

He was going to attend his brother's wedding. His father and Sana's father were great friends since college which meant that he might meet her at the wedding. What would she do? How would she react? What will he talk about? All the questions had been running in his mind from the day he had promised his father of attending the wedding.

His curiousity about his best friend made him wander to her page. There was no post from her nor any mentions of her for months. He checked all the mutual school (old school) friends page. They had posted their farewell pictures but he couldn't find Sana in any of them.

The half an hour time had passed 10 minutes ago but his restlessness made him search for her update restlessly. He hadn't spoken about her to his brother and parent's as well. Over these 5 and half months, he hadn't had any news of her. Her blood stains on his bedsheets flashed infront of his eyes and he hoped she was fine. He prayed to get some news about her.

Suddenly, a messenger on the bottom right corner of the screen appeared. A mere glance of it, sent a chill ran through his whole body. The sender was none other than Sana.

Congratulations on passing your 10th exam.

With a profusely sweating face and shivering hands he decides to reply her. He typed after contemplating for a while and hit enter.

Thanks. How was your result?

He saw the three dots indicating that she was typing something.

I hate you

Her reply made him shiver. He didn't know what to type further. He wrote 'I am sorry" but before he could hit the enter button, a black and white picture popped up.

He looked at it carefully trying to dechiper what it was when her message popped up.

My report card. 25 weeks scan, it's a girl. My result of proving you the 3 words that I uttered when I last saw you.

I have upgraded those 3 words over these 5 and a half months. You know what it is?

I hate you.

His hand shivered as he read and re-read her words again and again until it all made sense. The finger on the enter key got pressed by his trembling finger.

I am sorry.

"Nooo..", he screamed loudly realising that his mistake was unforgivable and irreversible and saying a mere apology would be an even bigger mistake but the message was sent. The harm was done.

I hate you.

She typed again and he sat there with his head held in his hand. He repented for everything he had done to her. He loathed himself more than anyone in this world. How could he ever fix his mistake - The innocent mistake.
_______

To be continued ❤️❤️

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

309K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
22K 2.1K 16
Its a darker story and little inspired from the hate story series, at least the trailer. Darker themes therefore trigger waning. Please be ware and c...
64.4K 8.3K 31
it's story of a girl and boy whose story from stranger to friends to 💕😘 lover to married. And they are only and only our most favourite couple/jod...
579K 12.9K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.