This Changes Everything(Hiccu...

By Draconia16

In this sequel, Selene, Crystal and their friends explore the unknown reaches of the archipelago, hunting dow... More

Eye of the Beholder part 1
Eye of the Beholder Part 2
Imperfect Harmony
When Darkness Falls
Big Man on Berk
Gone Gustav Gone
Reign of Fireworms
Crushing It
Quake, Rattle and Roll
Have Dragon Will Travel
The Next Big Sting
Total Nightmare
Team Astrid
Night of the Hunters pt 2
Bad Moon Rising
Snotlout Gets the Axe
The Zippleback Experience
Snow Way Out
Dracia Bloodline
Shock and Awe
Maces and Talons
Lillian's Story
Crash Course
Follow the Leader
Sister Time
Dracom Island Dragons
Dracom Island Dragon pt 2
Buffalord Soldier
A Grim Retreat
To Heather or Not to Heather
Stryke Out
Tone Death
Author's Note
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Lillian Art
Family on the Edge
The Search for Selene and Crystal
Last Auction Heroes
Author's Note

Night of the Hunters

149 4 2
By Draconia16

Selene's POV
Another wonderful day here on Dragon's Edge. Everything was nice and quiet, only because everyone was still asleep. I was walking towards the stable and saw all the dragons still sleeping, but no Stormfly. "She and Astrid went for a morning flight," a familiar purr echoed. I looked to my left and saw Crystal sitting there. "I should've known," I smiled and walked over to her. "Wanna go for a fly?" Crystal asked while smiling. "Like you even need to ask," I chuckled and we shot out of the stable and into the sky. We flew around for a few hours, and I felt like something was wrong. "I'm getting a bad feeling about something, you?" I asked my sister and she nodded her head. We flew down into a chasm and Crystal picked up a familiar scent. "Stormfly and Astrid were here," she commented. "Can you follow their trail?" I asked her and she nodded her head and and the scent trail lead us to a beach. "Why would they come here?" I wondered aloud as Crystal landed. I got off her and walked around and noticed multiple marks in the sand. I started to walk over, but Crystal roared in worry. "What is it?" I asked her as she ran over to me. "Astrid and Stormfly were here, but so where others," Crystal informed me. She started sniffing the ground, and growled. "What are you picking up?" I asked her. "Just get on," she roared and I did as she ordered. As soon as I was on the saddle, Crystal shot off like a typhoon. "What is wrong?!" I shouted. "I didn't like the smell of those marks in the sand. They smelled like those cages on the Reaper," Crystal informed me. Once she said that, that sinking feeling returned. "Oh, no! We need to find Astrid and Stormfly. If you're saying what I think you're saying, Stormfly is in real danger." Crystal followed the scent out to the sea, but it was gone in a flash due to a coming thunderstorm.

Crystal flew around for what felt like hours, until I spotted a familiar blonde. "Astrid!" I shouted and Crystal dived down. Astrid slipped off the log she was holding onto, and started to sink. I quickly jumped off Crystal and dove after her. Once I hit the water, I immediately started kicking my legs, and moving my arms, desperate to reach my friend. Once I was close enough, I grabbed her and started to swim back up to the surface. Crystal met me halfway and swam under Astrid's unconscious body and my own, and flew up back into the sky. "Astrid, Astrid!!" I shouted in worry. Her eyes opened, but barely. "About time," she muttered, then fell unconscious again. "Thank dragons," I mumbled and hugged her tightly. I then looked around for Stormfly, but there was no sign of her anywhere. And that's when I remembered the Dragon Hunters. "The hunters have Stormfly," I mumbled. "Let's get Astrid back to Dragon's Edge. We're gonna need all the help we can get to take on those hunters," Crystal was right. I nodded my head and she shot back towards Dragon's Edge. Along the way though, we came across the other riders. "Where have you been all day?! And why is Astrid unconscious?" Hiccup asked me with worry. "Not the time, love. We need to get back to Dragon's Edge," I spoke calmly and we all flew back. Once we arrived, Crystal flew towards the infirmary and helped me put Astrid on a bed there. "What happened out there?" Fishlegs asked me as he and the other riders walked in. "Not totally sure. But, Crystal picked up Dragon Hunter smells." Right after those words left my mouth, everyone gasped. "Dragon hunters?" Hiccup asked me and I nodded my head while getting a rag for Astrid. "I know we all have questions, but right now, we need to focus on Astrid," I told the others. We all sat around the unconscious warrior for hours, when she shot up. "Stormfly!" She shouted with worry.

We all sat up and I walked over to her. "Hey, it's ok. You're back at Dragon's Edge." I tried to reassure the girl. She then started muttering about the cages and how they had Stormfly. "Hey," I got the girl's attention. "Do the Dragon Hunter's have Stormfly?" I asked. her. Astrid's eyes widened, but she quickly nodded her head in confirmation. "Yeah, this big, ugly one..." Astrid started then trailed off, going back to her 'when I get my hands on him I'll kill him' spree. "And, welcome back," Fishlegs muttered. "Come on! Let's mount up!" Astrid told us as she swung her legs over to the edge of the bed. She, turned around to us though, knowing she didn't have a dragon to ride. "Don't worry. You'll ride with me," I told her with a smile. Astrid returned that smile and we were now at the beach where the Dragon hunters were. Astrid spoke out how there had to be a clue. "How many cages were there?" Hiccup asked the girl. "Remember all the cages on the Reaper?" She asked us and we nodded our heads. "Double it," and there was the bad news. "Just great," I mumbled. The twins walked over telling us they didn't have anything, then Snotlout screamed. I walked over and saw something in his boot. "Hold still," I muttered and pulled a green arrow tip out. "What is this?" I asked but as soon as the scent hit my nose, I cringed. "A dragon hunter arrow. One of these hit Stormfly right before she was caught. I've never seen her so out of control before," Astrid informed us. Fishlegs took it from me. He sniffed it, and licked it. I gagged at the second motion. "This is refined dragon root. I've heard that at high concentrations, it can overwhelm a dragon's senses completely, making it almost impossible for them to fly," Fishlegs told us. "That's what happened to Stormfly," Astrid gasped. "Think of it. Just one quiver of these arrows could decimate an entire flock of dragons," Fishlegs stated the badness of the arrow. I sighed, when I heard Crystal roar. I got up and ran over to her. "What is it?" I asked her and she started digging for something in the sand. It was a chest. I yanked it out of the sand and opened the chest. "What's in it?" I heard Snotlout ask and it was just some rolled up parchment. I grabbed it and unfurled it.

Dear sister,

If you're reading this, that means you've found a dragon hunter drop off. I've tried to leave clues for you and your fellow dragon riders to follow. I've infiltrated the Dragon Hunters ranks, trying to free dragons. Head to the Reaper and look for a shield with two eyes.
Love your little sister, Lillian

I was now crying, I have a little sister. "What is it, love?" Hiccup asked me with worry in his voice. "I have a little sister," I revealed to them. "What? That's great!" Hiccup cheered as he hugged me tightly. "And she's infiltrated the Dragon Hunters. She left behind this clue," I handed the parchment to Hiccup, tears continuing to cascade down my face. "Well gang, looks like we're heading to the Graveyard of Ships." And that's where we headed. Once we got there, we all flew towards the Reaper. "My sister said, look for a shield with two eyes," I reminded the riders as we searched all over the Reaper. Astrid, Hiccup and I were now in the captain's quarters. "There's nothing here!" Astrid shouted. "We'll find that shield, Astrid," I tried reassuring the girl, but failed. Astrid then went on a mini rant about if we couldn't find them. "Astrid, we have to try to stay positive," Hiccup told the girl. "You two didn't see Ryker. He actually enjoys hunting and caging dragons and he has mine!" Astrid screamed as she swung her axe into a shield. "We're gonna find her and rescue her and all the other dragons too, I promise," I told Astrid, but then noticed the shield she destroyed. "Hang on," I muttered and walked over and saw it was a Changewing shield and an eye with a lens. "Dragon Eye lens," I spoke and then looked back at the shield. "And I know just the dragon we need to get it to work," I smiled. We gathered the rest of the riders and flew towards Dracom Island. Once we got there, I saw Thunderstream. "Mom!" I shouted with joy as Crystal ran towards her with me on her back still. "My babies!" Mom cried out and we all hugged each other. "What brings you and your friends here?" Mom asked us. "Dragon Hunters took Stormfly. We found a Dragon Eye lens on the Reaper, a Dragon Hunter ship that crashed long ago. We realized we need Changewing acid to activate it," I filled my mother in. Her eyes narrowed and she growled when I mentioned Dragon Hunters. "I'll do anything I can to help you out. Follow me, Camo and his mother are this way," Thunderstream started to guide us towards the nesting grounds, which is in the middle of the island. Once we arrived, I saw Amber and Camo. "Hey, you two," I cheered as I got off Crystal and ran towards them. The Changewing mother and son saw me and smiles adorned their faces. "What a great surprise!" Amber cried and wrapped her neck around my body, giving me a hug. Camo crashed into Crystal and the two started to roughhouse a bit. "What are you two doing here? Shouldn't you be with your dragon rider friends?" Amber asked, then she saw the other riders behind us. "What happened?" She asked and I filled her in on the Dragon Hunters and new Dragon Eye lens. "Of course I'll help," Amber purred. I smiled at her, then realized, "I don't have my Changewing acid proof bowl." I heard a shout from Snotlout and saw that Astrid had taken his helmet and walked over to us. "Thanks," I thanked the girl. I could tell she was still really scared for Stormfly and Camo must've sensed it too. He stoped playing with Crystal and walked over and began to nuzzled against Astrid's leg. The girl smiled and patted the little guy's head. "Thanks, Camo. I appreciate the love," Astrid thanked the little dragon.

Astrid then put the helmet in front of Amber and she spat on it. "Perfect," I smiled and saw that Hiccup was walking over with the Dragon Eye. "Let's head to a cave first, then we can see the light better," I suggested and we all headed towards Thunderstream's cave. Once we got there, Hiccup put the Dragon Eye in front of Snotlout's helmet and it lit up! It displayed a map. "This doesn't help, we've seen this map before," Fishlegs told us. "It must be a hunter port. It's the closest to the beach where Stormfly was captured," Hiccup commented. "That could be where they're heading. But, after that, who knows where?" I commented. "Then we have to hurry!" Astrid spoke with order and concern. "Yes, please. Let's hurry!" Snotlout shouted and grabbed his helmet. "You might wanna wash it first," I chuckled and heard Amber chuckle too. I then saw mom enter the cave. "I'll warn all the sentry dragons to be on lookout, just in case those grimy hunters try to get close." I smiled and hugged her. "Be careful, mom. They have Dragon Root arrows. They can immobilize a dragon's flight," I warned my adoptive mother. She just smiled at me. "Speaking of dragon root arrows, how are we gonna avoid them?" Fishlegs stated a good question. "Funny you should ask, Fishlegs. For my plan to work, someone's gonna have to get shot," Hiccup smiled at the last part. I then realized he was referring to Mealtug's immune to the dragon root. Fishlegs realized it too and started to whimper. "Yeah! Looks like we're up!" Tuff cheered and high-fired his twin, not realizing he was talking about Fishlegs and Meatlug. After our goodbyes, we all flew out towards the sea, hoping to the find the Dragon Hunters, and luckily, we found them. Toothless and Crystal dove down first, and both fired a Plasma Blast at the ships. "I'm here for my dragon!" Astrid roared with anger as a bald man who I'm guessing is Ryker. "A Night Fury and a different one too!" Ryker smiled maliciously. Barf and Belch along with Hookfang dove down and began firing at the ships. Crystal was maneuvering through some Dragon Root arrows, and nearly hit her, but luckily Astrid blocked it with her axe. Toothless flew over next to us. "You sure this is gonna work, love? That was too close for comfort," I told him. "No kidding!" Crystal roared. He just smiled and called Fishlegs over. Fishlegs just smiled and patted Meatlug. "Ok, girl. Let's give it all we got!" Then proceeded to shout a war cry as they dove at the main ship. Meatlug released a lava blast, then flew away a bit, trying to lure the dragon hunters. Mutiple dragon hunters fired their arrows and one did hit Meatlug. "We're hit! We're hit!" Fishlegs cried out. Meatlug started to act distorted and the dragon hunters pulled them to the ship with a hook and wench. "They got Fishlegs and Meatlug!" Astrid cried out. The dragons continued to fire at the ships, trying to buy Fishlegs and Meatlug enough time to get Stormfly and any other dragons free. "Fire!" A hunter shouted and I saw a boulder being catapulted at us. "Dive, Crystal!" I shouted and she did, but we barely missed the boulder. Then, I felt a piercing pain in my leg. "Aahh!" I cried out and saw a dragon root arrow hit me. I started to feel woozy and I felt myself starting to slide off Crystal.

3rd POV

Astrid tried grabbing for her best friend, but she slipped off the Light Fury too. "Selene! Astrid! Hiccup cried out and saw that Crystal was diving for both girls. "Dive, bud!" Hiccup told Toothless and the Night Fury dove after the girls. Crystal was able to grab her sister, but when she went for Astrid, the hunters launched a grappling anchor and got Astrid. "No!!" Crystal roared out in worry and brought her sister close to her chest. Toothless stopped under Crystal and the dragon dropped her sister and rider into her lover's arms. Stormfly escaped, but right when things were going good, the hunters fired multiple arrows and hit Hookfang. The twins were hit next and the only ones to escape were Toothless, Hookfang, Crystal and their riders.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 1.4K 29
Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III left Berk and never returned, but one day Hiccup sees a ship, a Berk Ship. He then realizes that they either must have...
90.6K 987 29
Hiccup and Astrid Runaway from berk because they know berk will never change their minds about dragons. The found dragons' edge and have allies and e...
122K 4.3K 20
ᯐ π’π€π•πˆππ† 𝐌𝐘 π‹πˆπ†π‡π“: 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟏 ( π™·π™Ύπš† πšƒπ™Ύ πšƒπšπ™°π™Έπ™½ πšˆπ™Ύπš„πš π™³πšπ™°π™Άπ™Ύπ™½ ) ─────────────────── ❝ π–π‡π˜ 𝐀𝐑𝐄 π˜πŽπ” π’π“π€π‘πˆποΏ½...
13.8K 449 84
- disclaimer - I don't own the characters or the franchise or the cover, I only own my ocs. Read to find out what it's about.