RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.1) (M...

By ZANE_555

It's been a long time since Y/N step foot in Vale. He was searching for information as best he can. Until he... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 19

804 18 11
By ZANE_555

Y/N slowly wake up as the sunlight hit his eyes. He feels like something is pressing up against his chest. Once he opens and adjust his eyes, he sees Yang, still sleeping on top of him. He smiles at the sight of her peaceful slumber. Y/N then place a kiss on her forehead and pat her head. A moment later, Yang begins to wake up, rubbing her eyes to see Y/N.

Yang: "Good... morning... Y/N..."

Y/N: "Morning."

Yang is still drowsy as Y/N slowly get out of bed, turning his attention to the bathroom. 

Y/N: "I'm going to take a shower. You should head back to your dorm."

Yang: "Yeah... okay..."

She then faces plant into his pillows, leaving her be as Y/N walk into the bathroom. After heading out, the news of him and Yang dating became known to people they know. Naturally, Team JNPR congratulated them in their relationship and soon enough, most of Team CVFY. Despite being the first ones to know of this, the rest of Team RWBY were reluctant to congratulate them, but they did it anyway as their teammates.

(The City of Vale)

It has been almost two weeks of community service for Team RWBY+Y/N. Some of them still complain about how 2 weeks of punishment for one screw-up is too harsh. Regardless, Ruby just sighs in relief. 

Ruby: "I'm just relieved that it's our last day of this."

Velvet is there to oversee them on their final day as they clean after a normal festival with many of them remarking that.

Velvet: "This much clean-up will be nothing compared to the clean-up needed for the Vytal Festival coming up in a few months."

Y/N: "Well, glad we don't have to deal with that."

Yang: "No kidding."

Y/N then turns to Ruby.

Y/N: "Alright, Ruby. Do the thing."

In response, Ruby cheerfully nods back, using her speed semblance to create an air stream that sucks all the trash into trash bins held by Y/N, Yang, and Blake for each to hold on to.

Yang: "Smart thinking, sis!"

Yang also helps Blake out when she struggles to hold down her own trash bin against the windy blasts.  She then turns her attention to Y/N, holding onto his own trash bin.

Yang: "You hanging in there, babe."

Y/N: "So far so good. Wait, babe?"

Yang: "Yeah. Don't like my nickname for you?"

Y/N: "Wasn't expecting it, but if that's what you want to call me, then I don't mind."

Yang: "Okay. Thanks, babe!"

Out of all of them, Weiss is the only one not doing any work, just spectating them, which her team take notice of.

Ruby: "Weiss, come on. You got to help out."

Weiss: "Cleaning up garbage is below me."

Y/N: "The faster we get this done, the sooner we can end this, Weiss."

Weiss: "Hmph."

Ruby chews her out for slacking but, falters in Weiss's unwavering confidence. Yang backs her up a bit.

Yang: "It will be quicker and easier if you helped Blake hold her trash bin, so we didn't constantly have to readjust it after every one of Ruby's bursts."

Y/N: "Yeah, you and Blake can hold onto one bin and me and Yang can hold on to another bin."

Weiss: "I rather not."

Y/N: "Yeah, because it looks like you're doing sooo much work right now."

Hearing the sarcastic tone of his voice, Weiss turns her head to face Y/N.

Weiss: "I'd rather have my servants do the work for me."

Y/N: "We're not in Atlas, Ice Queen. So, get off your high horse already."

Crossing her arms, Weiss scoffs. 

Weiss: "Oh, be quiet, you dunce."

As she said this, she goes to kick an empty can into a nearby sewer grate and turns to them.

Weiss: "See? I'm helping."

Rolling his eyes, the annoyed Y/N comments dryly. 

Y/N: "Oh yeah. You're helping us a lot, Ice Queen. Why not find a different empty can to kick with? I'm sure that's the level of your contribution to this."

Both Y/N and Weiss slowly begin to stare daggers at one another, neither of them faltering over the other. Noticing the growing tension between them, Velvet steps in.

Velvet: "Ah, here's a suggestion. How about Weiss help some of the other workers down in the stands instead. It'll be cleaner."

Weiss exhales and reluctantly replies.

Weiss: "Ugh, fine... the whole team will get in trouble if I don't."

Y/N: "Oh, now you care."

Weiss glance back at Y/N, shooting him a glare before heading to the workers. A few of the workers become excited.

Worker #1: "Wow, we're working for a Schnee."

Worker #2: "What an honor."

Worker #3: "Come join us, Miss Schnee. We be better company than some critter."

The worker motions to Velvet. Velvet frowns at their remark and Blake flinches angrily when hearing this. Y/N merely glare at the worker for a bit before calming down, which Blake take notice shortly. Velvet shares a look with Blake, placing her hand on her shoulder, and shaking her head.

Velvet: "It's not worth it, Blake."

Velvet walks away a bit. Yang take notice of this before asking Blake.

Yang: "What's that all about?"

Blake goes quiet for a moment before telling Yang.

Blake: "I... I used to be a Faunus ally and sympathize with them... so, language like those workers said, riled me up."

Yang: "Huh. That's ironic since, you know, we're on a team with Weiss."

Blake: "Y-Yeah."

Yang: "Well, I'm sure you'll get through this. Just hang in there, okay?"

Blake gives Yang a small appreciative smile as Yang turns her attention to Y/N.

Yang: "Same goes for you too, babe. No need to get so work up."

She gave him a flirty wink to him which Y/N nod and respond calmly.

Y/N: "Alright, alright." 

The four members of RWBY+Y/N get back to work and then the next wave of trash accidentally comes across a person that gotten swept up in it as the person end up inside of one of the trash bins.

Ruby: "Uh oh."

Y/N: "Oh, crap."

Horrified, they managed to pull the girl out of the trash bin. Upon clearing the person's face from the trash, they are greeted by a girl with orange hair with a pink bow on top and green eyes.

Orange hair Girl: "Sal-uta-tions!"

Ruby: "I'm so sorry! Are you okay?"

Orange hair Girl: "I'm doing wonderful! Thank you for asking."

Ruby, Yang, Y/N, and Blake share a look with one another before looking back her.

Yang: "Do you... want to get up?"

The girl thinks about it for a moment before responding.

Orange hair Girl: "Yes!"

She leaps back on her feet while the team steps back a bit. The orange-haired girl looks at them.

Penny: "My name is Penny! It's a pleasure to meet you!"

Ruby: "Hi Penny. I'm Ruby."

Blake: "Blake."

Y/N: "I'm Y/N."

Yang: "Are you sure you didn't hit your head?"

Blake and Y/N slightly hit her side.

Yang: "Oh, I'm Yang."

Penny: "It's a pleasure to meet you!"

Blake: "You already said that."

Penny pauses for a moment again.

Penny: "So I did!"

The awkward silence fall upon them as Y/N couldn't help but feel like Penny is staring very intensely at him.

Y/N: ("What's up with her? Is there something on my face?")

The silence is broken when Ruby asks.

Ruby: "So, Penny. What brought you here?"

Penny then turns her attention to Ruby, giving a joyful smile to her.

Penny: "Well, I was curious why this area was roped off so, I wander in and before I knew it, I was inside a trash bin."

Blake: "So you wander into Ruby's path?"

Penny: "I did! I'm so sorry."

Ruby: "No! No! It's fine. Just wondering if you were okay since, you know..."

Penny: "Oh, I'm very fine."

Yang then grab Y/N's arm, pulling him closer so she can whisper to him.

Yang: "Don't you think she's a bit... odd?"

Y/N glance back at Yang before looking back at Penny.

Y/N: "Maybe but, she seems nice."

They had a brief conversation with Penny before Weiss wanders back to her team, brushing herself off. Her approaching presence draws in the attention of her teammates and Penny, pondering over who she is.  

Yang: "Whoa. What happened to you?"

Irritated, Weiss answers back. 

Weiss: "Ugh, some scaffolding collapse. No thanks to them."

She snarls and motioning to the workers behind her as they look ashamed that it happened.

Weiss: "I swear, those ruffians are bigger klutzes than Ruby."

The heiress takes notice of Penny's presence. 

Weiss: "And you are..."

Penny: "Oh, I'm Penny!"

Weiss: "Weiss Schnee."

With a smirk, Y/N points at Weiss. 

Y/N: "We just call her Ice Queen."

Penny: "Ice... Queen?"

The heiress snaps back at him. 

Weiss: "Oh, shut it, you dunce!"

Penny: "Well, I see that you all have trouble in clean-up. I would like to assist you all."

Ruby: "Oh, you don't have to."

Penny: "I can assure you. I'm quite capable. Here, I'll show you."

She proceeds to grab the two bins off the floor, holding them up with such ease. This caught the team by surprise.

Yang: "Wow."

Blake: "...?!"

Weiss: "What the...?!"

Y/N: "Well, what do you think, Ruby?"

Ruby ponders for a bit before responding back.

Ruby: "Okay, team. Penny will assist us."

Y/N: "In that case, welcome aboard, then."

Penny: "Yay!"

With Penny's help, this doubles their cleaning efforts. Now, Penny holds down two bins. All while Yang and Y/N hold their bin and Weiss and Blake doing the same, much to Weiss's displeasure.  After sending more trash into the trash bins thanks to her speed semblance, the cheerful Ruby turns to Penny.

Ruby: "This is much easier now! Thanks, friend."

Upon hearing this, Penny immediately drops the trash bins she's holding and approaches Ruby, leaning her head close to Ruby's head. 

Penny: "What did you call me?"

Startled by her action, Ruby tries to respond.

Ruby: "I, what I, uhm, uh..."

Penny: "You called me 'friend'! Am I really your friend?"

Ruby: "Uhm...."

The team leader looks over Penny's shoulder, seeing her teammates motioning her to deny her, all while Y/N gives a "I don't know" look to her.

Ruby: "Y-Yeah, sure! Why not."

In response, Yang, Blake, and Weiss facepalm almost in sync over their team leader's answer and Y/N is quite amused by their actions. Penny, however, looks overjoyed, hopping on her heels. 

Penny: "Sen-sational!"

The ginger-haired girl then bundles up Ruby's hands together with her own hands as she cheerfully continues speaking.

Penny: "We can paint our nails, try on new clothes, and talk about cute boys!"

Laughing awkwardly, Ruby glances over to Weiss.

Ruby: "Is this what it was like when you met me?"

Weiss: "No. She seems far more coordinated."

Penny scans her surroundings until she stops upon seeing Y/N, still holding the trash bin. She then points at him.

Penny: "Look! Cute boy detected."

A bit puzzled by her remark, Y/N look around to where she's pointing only to quickly realize that it's him.

Y/N: "Me?"

In response, Penny nods.

Penny: "Precisely."

Y/N replies back, still somewhat confused.

Y/N: "Uhm... thanks, I guess?"

Yang: "I mean, she's not wrong, babe."

Blake: "Can we focus on the cleanup please?"

Ruby: "Oh, right. Let's continue. Penny?"

With a bright smile, Penny salutes.

Penny: "Roger that, ma'am!"

Ruby: "It's... Ruby."

Penny: "Oh right." 

It took some time, but they manage to clean up all the trash from the streets. Other than Penny, Team RWBY+Y/N were breathing heavily before Ruby shouts.

Ruby: "Yes! We finished!"

Penny: "Hooray!"

As she said this, Penny jumps in enthusiasm while holding a trash bin, which causes some of the trash to fall on Weiss, much to her shock.

Weiss: "...?!"

Y/N: "Uh, no."

Now covered in trash and utterly livid, Weiss glares at Penny, who just realize what she did.

Weiss: "Why would you be cheering while holding that stupid bin?!"

Penny: "Oh, I'm... I'm very sorry."

Ruby rush to Penny's side to defend her new friend.

Ruby: "Hey, it was accident, Weiss."

Y/N also steps in.

Y/N: "She's right, Weiss. She didn't mean to do that to you."

Pissed off, the trash-covered heiress stomps away.

Weiss: "That's it! I'm done for the day!"

As Weiss head to the heliport, Ruby stares after her before turning her to Penny along with Y/N.

Ruby: "I'm sorry about her attitude."

Penny: "No, it's okay. It was my fault anyway. I should be going now, bye."

Y/N: "Don't let it bring you down. Weiss can be like that sometimes."

Ruby and Y/N wave Penny goodbye as Yang and Blake does a small wave to Penny. Meanwhile, Velvet watch all of this unfold and seeing the progress they made, she approaches Team RWBY+Y/N.

Velvet: "Alright, let's call it a day. And congratulation on finishing your community service."

As she said this, Y/N slump over.

Y/N: "Thank the gods, we're done."

Yang then clings onto his arm with a big smile.

Yang: "Yay! We did it!"

Y/N: "Yang, you're going to crush my arm one of these days."

Yang just gives him a cheeky grin.

Yang: "Come on, you know you like it~"

Velvet: "Wait, are you two a couple?"

Both Yang and Y/N share a look with each other before looking back at their upperclassman.

Y/N: "Well, yeah."

Velvet: "Oh... that's nice to hear."

Yang: "Thank you." 

Yang talks with Velvet while clinging onto Y/N as both Ruby and Blake stare at Y/N being cling on by Yang, having mixed emotions at the sight of it. As the four girls and Y/N head back to the helipad, they come across a dust shop that has been robbed.

Ruby: "Whoa."

They approach the area, seeing its shattered window down and a door full of yellow caution tape of the Vale Police Force before walking over to the detective in front, who is writing on his pad.

Y/N: "What happened here?"

Detective 1: "Robbery. Second Dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle."

Yang: "That's terrible."

Detective 2: "They left all the money again."

Ruby: "Huh?"

Detective 1: "Yeah, just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much Dust?"

Detective 2: "I don't know, a crime syndicate? An army?"

Detective 1: "You thinking the White Fang?"

Detective 2: "Yeah, I'm thinking we don't get paid enough."

The other three members of Team RWBY and Velvet go to the heliport. At the corner of his eye, he spots a dark figure heading to a nearby alleyway. What caught his attention is the barely visible Grimm mask underneath the figure's black hood.

Y/N: ("Darius?")

He turns his attention to Yang and the others as they almost reach the Bullhead.

Y/N: "Hey, girls. I need go and get some dust for my weapons. You can go on ahead without me."

Yang: "You sure?"

Y/N gives them a nod and a smile.

Y/N: "Positive."

Yang pauses for a bit before letting go of Y/N, not before she kisses him on the cheek, making the other girls surprise that she did that so suddenly.

Yang: "Stay safe, babe. And you better 'dust' yourselves off, okay?"

Hearing her punny remark, Y/N look at the blonde with a deadpan look. 

Y/N: "Really. Yang?"

Yang: "Mm-hm. Bye, babe!"

Yang just smile as Y/N quickly walks off to the alleyway where Darius went. Once he made it, he goes deeper into the empty alleyway to find no one in sight. Until he feels someone's presence as he glances behind him to see Darius, about to strike from above. Swiftly, Y/N manage to take out Crimson and Violet, blocking his strike from his katana. Darius then kicks him away, giving them some distance between them. 

Y/N: "Darius, I've been looking for you."

Darius: "So you can kill me."

Y/N: "No! I don't want fight you. Just tell me why you're partnering with the White Fang? Was it the Lieutenant? Adam?"

Darius goes in a fighting stance before responding. 

Darius: "I've got nothing to say to you. All you need to know is that you're going to face your fate sooner or later. If not by my hands, then by 'her' hands."

Y/N: ("Her?")

Darius proceeds to charge at him. Y/N goes on the defensive as he dodges Darius's multiple strikes. As he dodges a slash from Darius, he pulls a fast one and punch Y/N. Y/N wince in pain a bit before grabbing Darius's fist as he proceeds to pin him on the ground. Y/N then get rid of his Grimm mask to get a good look at his face only to be horrified at what he's seeing. Darius uses his semblance to send Y/N flying a several meters away from him. Y/N slowly gets up and look back at Darius. 

Y/N: "Darius... what... what happened to you?"

Darius glare at him, grabbing his Grimm mask to hide the tiny black veins sprouting on the lower part of his face, almost near his eyes.

Darius: "Power... to finally be stronger than you and your sword. I'm no longer your punching bag of a servant anymore!"

As he shouts, Darius use Shockwave to push him away but, Y/N manage to block it for a bit. After that, Y/N's eyes turn red as he looks at his masked cousin.

Y/N: "Who... who the hell did this to you?"

Darius was surprised at the appearance of his red eyes, stepping back before stopping and glaring.

Darius: "I was right. You're still the same."

As he said this, Darius hears his scroll ringing before looking back at Y/N.

Darius: "You really have the devil's luck, bastard. Soon enough, your luck will run out and you're going to get what you deserve. I'll make sure of that." 

Y/N: "What?"

Darius then raises his katana, bringing it down and letting out his Shockwave towards Y/N. In response, Y/N block his attack but, due to its power, it sends him launching out of the alleyway. As the red-eyed Y/N look back to find Darius gone. He powerwalks through the alley, trying to find Darius, but no luck.

Y/N: "Damn it."

Y/N then calm himself down for a moment, his eyes revert back to normal.

Y/N: ("I'll see him again... For now, I should head back to Beacon.")

He walks out of the alleyway, pondering over what Darius had told him during their skirmish.

Y/N: ("I need to stop him... and to do that, I'll have to use Grimm Slayer next time I see him.)

Meanwhile, Darius is on top of a small building, watching Y/N from afar as he answers the call from his scroll.

White Fang Lieutenant: "She need to see you, human."

Darius: "Tch. She doesn't tell me what to do. I go wherever I please. " 

White Fang Lieutenant: "Like it or not, it's her order. Besides, the sooner we get this done, the better."

Darius: "Ugh, fine."

Darius ends the call, still spectating on Y/N as he reaches the Bullhead, taking him to Beacon. He turns away as he proceeds to walk off.

Darius: ("Don't worry, Christina. We'll have our revenge.")

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 285 9
An evil plan revealed. A terrible truth uncovered. Even after they had stopped Roman in his heist, Team RWBY aren't convinced it's over and with the...
340K 5.3K 25
The world of Remnant is home to many mysteries and myths. Y/N one of the very few who knew the truth was highly capable to combat these threats but e...
1K 61 21
Dying Mercenary OC x Blake Belladona (This is my 1st RWBY story. Please don't go rough on me) A corrupted and ancient power has resided within the bo...
12.4K 345 10
Y/N spends his time wandering around the world of Remnant, inside and outside the four kingdoms. All for the sake of practicing his Grimm slaying ski...