Fairy Tail Divine Bane: God's...

By nyxfall

Y/n was a lonely boy with no friends. He was called a monster because of the terrifying strength of his magic... More

Chapter 1: Prologue
Character Bio
Author's Note
Chapter 1: A New Beginning
Chapter 2: Welcome to Fairy Tail
Chapter 3: A Day Off
Chapter 4: Restrain The World
Chapter 5: My True Strength
Chapter 6: Meeting Lucy
Chapter 7: Battle of Fairy Tail
Chapter 8: A Fruitful Bond
Chapter 8: Roars Of The Storm
Author's Note
Chapter 9: The Dragon and The Monster
The Most Special Day of Everyone's life
Chapter 11: Some Hellos and Some Goodbyes
Chapter 12: A Will to Surpass
Chapter 13: From Light to Dark
Chapter 14: Jack Of All Trades

Chapter 10: The Dragon Of Thunder

1.4K 43 5
By nyxfall

Y/n was frozen solid at the sight of his friend's new appearance. He had no idea that Laxus still had a trick up his sleeve.

The Dragon Slayer laughed boisterously at the sight of Y/n's gawking form.

Laxus: Surprised? You didn't actually think I would pick a fight with you, knowing that I would be defeated, did you?

The Lightning Dragon form of Laxus sneered. He arched his back as lightning crackled across his spinal cord.

Y/n unconsciously distanced himself from the supercharged reptile. He knew each of those bolts was capable of frying him like a sausage. Even a bit of carelessness would mark the end of the God Arsenal.

Laxus arched an electrified eyebrow at Y/n. A smug look painted his draconic features as looked down upon the tiny man in front of him with an air of haughtiness around him.

Laxus: What's the matter Y/n? Are you perhaps frightened by my new form? Don't worry, I will be sure give you a swift end.

Y/n clenched his fists in anger. It was true that he was scared but hearing it from the Dragon Slayer's mouth didn't make him feel any better.

Laxus: Oh right! I never told you what the name of this particular magic art was, did I?

The Dragon Slayer observed his claws in a casual manner before turning back to the God Arsenal.

Laxus: This is one of the strongest forms of magic belonging to the Dragon Slayers. I suppose you can call it--- 'Dragon Slayer Ultimate Arts: Dragonification'.

Upon hearing the name of the magic art, Y/n's eyes turned into giant saucers. If what Laxus had said was true, then he had truly reached a level of power that his fellow Dragon Slayers could only dream about.

Y/n shifted his gaze to the prowling form of the Lightning Dragon in front of him. There was no doubt about it. Laxus has somehow managed to acquire the knowledge of the ancients. His dragon form was the proof of it.

Laxus: I think you should quit that bad habit of yours. You know the one where you drop your guard just for deep contemplation.

Y/n's instincts kicked in as he jumped out of the way in order to dodge a massive tail that missed by a hair's breadth. He rolled back a few feet away from the Dragon Slayer, who had now dawned on a battle stance.

Laxus: Just so you don't die to quickly.....

Bloodlust rolled off Laxus in waves as he charged at Y/n. The Lightning Dragon's assault left deep craters imprinted on the
streets of Magnolia.

Y/n knew that fighting Laxus head on would be a suicidal attempt. For now he can only bid for time until he can formulate a plan to deal with Laxus. Y/n could only grit his teeth in frustration at his own helplessness.

Y/n immediately flew up in the air to avoid the Dragon Slayer's headlong rush, making the Lightning Wizard crash into a nearby house which instantly collapsed on him, burying his reptilian body alive.

Y/n capitalised on the golden opportunity by stretching out his right arm in front of him. A sphere of bright green light shimmered into existence between his palm. A similar glow encircled the buried form of Laxus. Y/n smirked before crushing the sphere with his hand.

A tense silence fell over the vicinity, broken only by a small cracking sound. Laxus managed to hear the sound from underneath his concrete grave, thanks to his amplified sense of hearing.

The Dragon Slayer felt a click in his mind as he registered Y/n's actions. A muffled scream escaped his lips as the land under him gave away.

Y/n had used his Earth Magic to open a crater underneath Laxus, sending the Dragon Slayer spiraling down into what appeared to be a bottomless pit.

Thankfully, Laxus was a professional mage and knew how to increase his chances of survival even in such a dangerous predicament.

The Dragon Slayer stretched out his limbs as far as he could, making his claws dig into the walls of the pit, which put a monkey wrench in the plans of his untimely death.

Y/n hovered over the pit and clicked his tongue in annoyance at the sight of Laxus not going down any deeper.

Y/n: A stickler for not dying, are you? Very well, then try living through this....

Immediately, the walls of the pit turned soggy as the Dragon Slayer's grip on them became looser.

Laxus: What the....?!

The situation finally registered in the mind of Laxus. Y/n had converted the solid earth into claggy mud, forcing the Dragon Slayer to lose his only foothold.

Laxus: Damn it!

Laxus tried in vain to climb up the wall but the muddy walls made him lose his grip. He unleashed an ear-deafening roar as he plummeted down to the bottom.

Y/n only watched with cold eyes as the mud filled up the pit to the brink.

Y/n: This is.... the end.....

Y/n flicked his wrist as the mud returned back to its original solid state. The God Arsenal observed the pit patiently for a few moments until finally he turned around to leave.

Unbeknownst to him, however, sparks of lightning flashed on top of the pit's surface.

Laxus: Where the hell do you think you are going!!!

Y/n froze before whipping around at the sound of the Dragon Slayer's voice. The pit exploded in a burst of golden lightning as a dark silhouette jumped out.

Y/n watched in disbelief as the draconic form of Laxus rose back up on its feet. The Dragon Slayer had somehow survived being buried ten feet under the ground.

Laxus: Hmph! I commend you for being able to decieve me, even if it was just for a second.

Laxus shook himself like a dog in order to blow away all the dirt on his body. He then turned around to face the God Arsenal.

Laxus: However, it is time to put an end to this worthless charade.

The Dragon Slayer's enormous mouth was slowly opened with sparks of lighting streaking across its perimeter as a sphere of energy evincing the strength of the purest form was brought to existence.

Laxus: Eat this!!!

Lightning Dragon's Breath!!

Laxus finally released all his repressed power in one ginormous blast of lighting

Y/n's survival instincts kicked into overdrive. His hands shot forward as he erected numerous stone pillars for protection.

Unfortunately, they were nowhere near strong enough to stop an attack of such a stupendous calibre. The God Arsenal could only watch in horror as all his pillars distintegrated to nothingness before he himself was blown away by the dragon breath.

And, before anyone could even utter their final words prior to their trip to afterlife, half the city had been levelled by the Dragon Slayer's magic.

Laxus took in the view of the destruction left in the wake of his attack with a satisfied smirk. It was something that would have made a guild like Fairy Tail which is renowned throughout the world for being the best at collateral damage, proud of him. In a really twisted way of course.

Laxus: Hahahahaha Hahahaha! I won! The victory belongs to me, the Great Laxus Dreyar of Fairy Tail!

The Dragon Slayer laughed like a madman. In all his years of life that were spent training, was just for this day. The day where he was finally crowned as the strongest in the entire guild. Truly, it was the most joyous occasion of his whole life.

Laxus: You know.... It's almost a pity that you rejected me till the end. You should have joined my side when you had the chance. And now look, all that futile resistance of yours had brought forth your own demise. In the end, you turned out to be nothing but a fool, Y/n L/n.

Laxus turned his back to the destroyed half of the city as he started walking away.

???: Arrogant till the end, aren't you?

The Dragon Slayer's eyes widened. He whipped around, only to be greeted by the sight of golden chains bursting forth from the rubble. The Dragon Slayer lost his composure due to sudden appearance of the aureate manacles. The simple act of apprehensiveness only served to work against him as he was instantly ensnared in their iron grip, having even the slightest of movements repressed by them.

Laxus: What?!

Laxus struggled against his bonds but it only proved to a futile attempt as the chains tightened even further.

???: Don't bother, there is no escaping my  Chains of Heaven.

The Dragon Slayer's head swiveled around before his jaw hit the floor. Right ther, standing in front of him was none other than Y/n himself.

The God Arsenal had a cocky smirk plastered on his face as he waggled his eyebrows at Laxus.

Y/n: Hello again, Laxus. You know I was awake the entire time underneath that rubble, listening to your boring speech about being the 'strongest'. I really wanted to tell you that I was fine and very much alive, but I thought that maybe I should let you have your moment every now and then. I read somewhere that doing this is a good sign of friendship.

Y/n flashed Laxus a sweet smile, to which the Dragon Slayer wanted to do nothing more than tear his arrogant friend apart.

Y/n: Now, let see.... Since you didn't wish to have magic beam clash with me. I decided to come up with a game which we both can enjoy.

Y/n put two fingers in his mouth and whistled.

The Dragon Slayer groaned in pain at the high pitched sound which pierced through his eardrums. This was one of the backlashes of his super hearing.

However, he immediately froze in fear at  the burst of magical energy which spread throughout the vicinity in a tem metre radius. Laxus slowly shifted his gaze back to Y/n.

Y/n stood in a relaxed manner with his hand crossed behind his head as a cloud of black smoke rose up from the ground behind him.

The black cloud swirled around in the sky. It appeared to be trying to regain its shape. It finally stopped after taking the shape of what appeared to a quadrupedal animal.

Laxus watched on from his restraints as things took a turn for the worse. Six  pairs of crimson eyes along with a bright red diamond emerged from within the cloud before all the smoke blew away by a massive howl. Laxus momentarily closed his before reopening them.

A tense silence fell over the battlefield as Laxus felt his screams die inside his throat. His eys were overcome with fear at the sight of the colossal monstrosity that towered over his restrained form.

Y/n: Let's see who will win a duel to death. You or my pet

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 95 17
Homura Akemi knows what she's doing. She's done it enough times to know almost every possibility. Yet this man was new. A man claiming to be a "maste...
133K 2.8K 67
follow Arashi as he gets reincarnated into the world of Fairy Tail. I kind of suck at giving description. Hope you guys enjoy reading this. OC belong...
3.2K 102 6
I will combine my favorite Western adult cartoon, Rick and Morty, with my favorite anime, My Hero Academia. In this fanfic Izuku Midoriya is the smar...
3.6K 97 69
The arts are not always for everyone. However, when you find something you love, people you love, you tend to stick with them. Whether that is your...