High School Prodigies Have it...

By LordShinkenRed

Eight genius high school students awaken from a plane accident in a medieval fantasy world, whereupon they vo... More

Bio
High School Prodigies Have Arrived in Another World!
Opening
Masato Is Serious About Making Money!
It Seems Tsukasa has Resolved to Change the World!
It Seems Akatsuki's Becoming God Akatsuki!
It Seems Lyrule's Growing Closer to Him!

It Seems Roo Can Decide Her Own Worth!

146 2 0
By LordShinkenRed

In the ruin, Tsukasa visits Ringo to see her progress. He then sees a crate with shovels in it.

Tsukasa: These are?

Bearabbit: Shovels made with aluminum alloy!

Tsukasa: You've already progressed to the point of manufacturing aluminum? 

Ringo: I thought they'd help everyone in Elm Village

Tsukasa: Yeah. Light, sturdy shovels will farm work much easier than it ever was before. I'm sure they'll be delighted.

Ringo smiles with delight.

Ringo: It's only possible because Masato-san got me lots of the resources I requested.

Tsukasa: Yeah. No one compares to him when it comes to earning money.

Ringo: Yeah, he's a really big help.

She then lets out a light yawn. Ringo then realized her yawn and covered her mouth.

Ringo: I-I'm sorry, we were in the middle of talking.

Tsukasa: It's nothing to worry about. You were also working on Commander's weaponry as well. It must have been exhausting. You should probably get some rest.

Ringo: B-But didn't you need me for something, Tsukasa-san?

Tsukasa then placed his hand on Ringo's shoulder.

Tsukasa: I just wanted to check up on you. I was worried you might be pushing yourself too hard.

Ringo: I-In that case, 

Bearabbit giggles toward the conversation.

Ringo: I'll get some rest.

+ - - - - - +

In Elm Village, Tsukasa walks through the village.

Tsukasa: Ringo-kun's not the only one. Everyone is growing fatigued from this lifestyle we're not used to.

He then stops in place to see Takeru sitting on the ground, drinking from his flask.

Tsukasa: Back from hunting already?

Takeru stops drinking.

Takeru: Mayor Ulga told me to rest. I trust that he learned some of my tracking skills. 

Tsukasa then noticed a snowflake drop.

Tsukasa: Snow?

Takeru: Winter is already approaching.

Tsukasa: The Merchant will need recognition for the commotion he's probably causing in Dormundt right about now.

Woman: Working with water is rough this time of year.

Girl: Cold! It's snowing, too!

Mother: Oh, just don't go catching a cold.

Tsukasa then strokes his chin.

+ - - - - - +

+ - - - - - +

In the Neutscheland Trading Company building, in Jaccoi's office.

Jaccoi: We won't let them mess with us anymore! Don't worry about the profit margin! Just buy up all the merchandise!

Employees: Yes, sir!

His employees then quickly left to buy merchandise.

Jaccoi: We can crush that puny trading company any time we want, with all our capital. They'll regret going up against Neutscheland.

One of his employees then came back in less than a second.

Employee: B-Bad news!

Jaccoi: What is it?!

Employee: Our trading company... isn't getting a single product!

Jaccoi: Wh-What?!

+ - - - - - +

At the central plaza, Jaccoi sees that his company's stores have absolutely nothing in stock. And the only stores in stock were the Elm Trading Company.

Jaccoi: What... What on earth...

He was then even more shocked to see some familiar faces.

Jaccoi: Y-You people are...!

Masato comes in.

Masato: That's right. They're the traveling merchants you laid off. After you monopolized trade at the port, you fired the merchants working the land routes in order to cut labor costs. By forcing the villagers to bring their goods in to you, you made them bear the costs of the tariffs. Good grief, that's exactly the kind of cost-cutting some idiot who only sees the numbers in his ledger would do. Since you let them go to waste, we've organized them all under our own company.

Jaccoi: Y-You don't mean...

Masato: Yeah. Our Elm Trading Company has signed a three-year exclusive contract with these traveling merchants. Do you understand what that means? All of their wares were purchased by the Elm Trading Company before they ever set foot in this town.

Jaccoi was shocked about everything Masato just said.

Masato: You can wait here with that stupid look on your face, but you're never getting any merchandise.

Jaccoi: H-He's deceiving you all! Our company will buy your wares for far more than his trashy company can! It's not too late! You can change your minds!

Female Merchant #1: Elm Trading Company already told us that you'd more for our goods.

Male Merchant #1: We sold them knowing that already.

Jaccoi: Impossible! Why?!

Female Merchant #2: It's obvious. Because we didn't want to sell to you.

Jaccoi: Wha?!

Female Merchant #1: We risk our lives hauling these goods. We refuse to risk our lives for someone who'd fire us over his crappy accounting.

Male Merchant #2: You might say you'll buy our wares for more, but that's only for now, isn't it? Once your war with Elm is over, you'll go back to buying them on the cheap.

Jaccoi then went on his knees.

Jaccoi: Y-You have the wrong idea! I won't lower prices anymore! I deeply regret my past actions! So...

Female Merchant #2: We don't trust you anymore.

Jaccoi was shocked by the response and fell as a sign of giving up.

Masato: Jaccoi-san. What's most important to a business isn't money.

He walks up to Jaccoi looking down at him.

Masato: It's trust. So long as you have trust you can earn money again. I can't believe threw away the trust you'd established with the merchants and the villages, just for little extra money. There's no future for a business that's lost its trust. You went too far.

Elch was surprised by what he witnessed.

Elch: He really did crush Neutscheland in a week...

Masato: However, it would also be going too far to crush you and Neutscheland right here.

Elch was confused about what Masato said.

Masato: Be it Elm or Neutscheland,

Masato then knees to Jaccoi's level.

Masato: it's just not healthy for any one business to monopolize the market. So why don't those of us here talk it out? Let's discuss the future of trade and the economy here in Dormundt and the territory of Findolf.

Jaccoi was confused about what Masato said. Then, all of a sudden, Masato makes an evil grin on his face.

Masato: Though we plan on taking advantage of you, so you'd better be prepared.

Jaccoi's expression on his face then became worried.

Jaccoi: Y-Yes...

+ - - - - - +

In the dusk, at the dock, Masato was playing a little game with Roo.

Masato brings out a gold coin, which made Roo's eyes shine. He then flips it in the air and quickly caught with both hands in different ways and then brings them in front of Roo to choose which hand has the coin.

Elch then approaches Masato.

Elch: Hey, why didn't you crush Neutscheland?

Masato then turns his attention to Elch.

Masato: Because there were more drawbacks in crushing them than not. 

Roo opens Masato's right and the coin wasn't there. She was shocked with disappointment.

Elch: Drawbacks?

Masato: We couldn't keep so many traveling merchants employed.

Roo looks at Masato's left hand.

Masato: I always intended to throw them all back at Neutscheland, once I broke Jaccoi's spirit.

He opens his hand to show no coin as well. She was shocked with disappointment, again.

Elch: Th-Then the contracts with those merchants...

Masato stands up as Elch asks him.

Masato: Yeah, they were empty contracts.

Elch: You're telling me this after all that talk about trust? Are you actually a bad person?

Masato then grins evilly.

Masato: Of course I am. In the world I'm from, I'm a merchant known as the Demon Lord.

Elch sighs unamused, while Roo was amazed.

Roo: Demon Lord!

All of a sudden, three slave traders came out from their ship.

Slave Trader: We found you, you stupid brat! You two! What do you think you're doing, walking around with someone else's goods?!

Masato: Goods?

Masato was confused about what he said until he looks down at Roo holding his sleeve scared.

Slave Trader #1: That brat is a slave, and she's ours to sell.

He approached her.

Slave Trader #1: Now hurry and give her back! 

He grabbed Roo by the head and wrapped his arm around her neck.

Roo tries to free herself.

Elch: Hey!

The second slave trader stops Elch on his track.

Slave Trader #2: Huh? You got a problem here?

As the slave trader drags Roo to the ship, she cries in fear and Masato looks at her.

Masato: Rooko.

Roo got his attention.

Masato: Shall I save you?

Roo was surprised by the question.

Roo: Save...

She then has flashbacks of her family, when they were forced to separate to be sold as slaves.

Roo then bites the slave trader's arm freeing her.

Roo: One day...

She walks toward Masato.

Roo: I'm going to become a good merchant. then I'll earn lots of money, and use it... to buy back my mother and father.

Masato smiles as she continues.

Roo: But all the money I have left over afterward, I'll give to you. I promise! I won't let you take a loss on this! So, Teacher... Please buy me right here and now!

The slave trader approaches Roo.

Slave Trader #1: What are you going about? You brat!

All of a sudden, a bag of coins was thrown at his face making him fall on the dock.

Masato: Well said, Rooko.

Roo was surprised at how Masato saved her.

Masato: I'd like to buy this slave, at 100 times the market price.

The slaver trader regains consciousness and sees the bag of gold coins.

Masato: You've got no complaints, do you?

The slave trader picks up the bag and the dropped coins and gets back up on his feet.

Slave Trader #1: Y-You're not getting a refund!

Masato: Yeah. So we have a contract.

The slave traders then left. 

Masato: The courage and willpower you displayed

Roo looks up at Masato.

Masato: is a thousand times more valuable than the money I just spent.

Roo starts crying with joy.

Roo: Teacher!

As she cries, Roo hugs Masato. Masato looks down at Roo.

Masato: Now let's make them regret this. We'll show them they were huge fools for passing up this huge fortune for a paltry sum.

Masato then turns to Elch.

Masato: Sorry, Elch, for using up all the money we earned.

Elch shrugs nonchalantly.

Elch: It's fine. You already earned us so much that no one will mind what you spent.

He then starts to smile.

Elch: I never knew that it could feel this good to spend money on something.

Masato laughs in agreement.

Masato: I know, right?

He then brings up his only coin.

Masato: This is why I can never stop earning money!

+ - - - - - +

At Elm Village, Tsukasa faces the lake holding a shovel while talking to Shinobu on the phone.

Shinobu: So it all ended being a huge victory for Elm Trading Company!

Tsukasa: That's the Demon Lord of the Finacial World for you. There's a reason the Merchant is known as an economic emperor. I'm glad to see you're enjoying yourself, too.

+ - - - - - +

Shinobu laughs standing on a building roof.

Shinobu: A city full of information is precisely where a journalist belongs. So, about those inquiries you requested. First, the magic. In this world, there are four different types of spirits: Fire, Water, Wind, and Earth. Communicating with them allows miracles to occur. And, well, their powers are about what you would imagine them to be. But people who can actually use magic are scarce. Here in the territory of Findolf, the only one who can is the mage officer living in the lord's castle.

+ - - - - - +

Tsukasa: Hmm...

As Tsukasa was talking to Shinobu, Bearabbit welds a pipe, Aoi lifts large rocks with ease, and Takeru hammered nails on the fences.

Tsukasa: What about magic capable of crossing worlds or summoning someone from another world?

Shinobu: I don't know yet. Though since magic itself is so rare to begin with, there isn't much information on that.

Tsukasa: I see. Well, we're doing well just gaining an understanding of their concept of magic. Thank you.

Shinobu: Nin, nin! You're welcome. So...

+ - - - - - +

Shinobu: One more thing. It looks like we're out of luck on the eight heroes.

Tsukasa: What? What do you mean?

Shinobu: Well, there is a religion known as the Eight-Light Faith that might be related to them, at least.

Tsukasa: The Eight-Light Faith, huh?

Shinobu: Yeah. But that Eight-Light Faith was destroyed several centuries ago by the Freyjagard Empire. It wasn't just the Eight-Light Faith, either. All of the religions that used to exist on this continent were destroyed, root and branch. Freyjagard policy of "survival of the fittest" didn't allow any gods to be placed above the empire.

+ - - - - - +

Tsukasa: Religious oppression, huh?

He tightens his grip on his shovel.

Shinobu: I carefully checked the villages surrounding Dormundt to be sure, but they didn't have any religions, or even have records of any.

Tsukasa: I see. However, that's still our only clue as to how to return to our world. We'll have to search for it, even if it means turning over every stone on the continent.

Shinobu: Yeah. There's a problem, though.

+ - - - - - +

Shinobu: People need a travel permit from Marquis Findolf in order to leave the territory we're in right now. This Marquis Findolf is also one hell of a shitty bastard.

+ - - - - - +

Tsukasa: a shitty bastard?

Aoi: Tsukasa-dono!

Tsukasa turns around seeing Aoi, Takeru, and Bearabbit hanging on the fence.

Aoi: It's done!

Takeru: It's complete!

Bearabbit: It's finished, bear! 

Shinobu: Hm? Done? What's done?

Tsukasa: Oh, I finally did something befitting a politician and had some public facilities created.

+ - - - - - +

Shinobu: Public facilities?

+ - - - - - +

In the evening, in the new facility, warm water flows into a small pool. Aoi sighs with delight wearing a leaf bikini.

Aoi: What a nice bath!

Takeru wears leaf swim tighs in the bath as he washes his face and hair while bringing out a smile on his face.

Takeru: This is just what I need.

Keine wears the same leaf bikini as Aoi as she's in the bath.

Keine: You made a public bathhouse for the villagers? I'm impressed.

Winona sits in the bath with the same leaf bikini as Aoi and Keine as she's in the bath.

Winona: How is it, how is it?

She tugs the string of her bra.

Winona: If I wear this, I can bathe alongside everyone, right, Tsukasa?

Tsukasa sits in the bath with the same leaf swim tighs as Takeru.

Tsukasa: That's right.

He then turns toward Ringo and sees her in the same leaf bikini as Aoi, Keine, and Winona, but was uncomfortable.

Tsukasa: Ringo-kun, you don't have to force yourself to join us, you know. 

Ringo: I...I'll be fine.

Winona: Oh, Lyrule,

She sees Lyrule in the same leaf bikini when she entered the bathhouse.

Winona: where were you?

Lyrule then brings out a small pitcher.

Lyrule: I went to get this. Tsukasa looked like he injured his hand.

Tsukasa then looks at his hand.

Tsukasa: Yeah... I was doing work I'm not used to.

Lyrule pours a white substance onto Tsukasa's hand. She then places the small pitcher on the edge of the bath and starts rubbing the substance on Tsukasa's hand.

Tsukasa: What's this?

Lyrule: A salve made from horse oil. Applying this to the wound will ease the pain and help it heal faster.

Tsukasa: I see. Thank you, Lyruke-kun.

Lyrule closed her eyes while smiling. All of a sudden, Akatsuki came in.

Akatsuki: B-Bad news! Some of the villagers that went hunting ran into a monster called the Chief of the Forest!

Winona stands up shocked.

+ - - - - - +

Winona, Tsukasa, Aoi, Keine, Takeru, and Ringo are fully clothed and rushed into the forest.

Well, Ringo rides on the spider drone controlled by Bearabbit as she has her goggles on in inferred vision.

Ringo: There's a large heat signature 500 meters ahead.

Takeru then brings out his rifle gun.

Takeru: Aoi! 

Aoi looks at Takeru.

Takeru: You already know what you're ready for?!

Aoi: Of course, Takeru-dono!

+ - - - - - +

Back at Elm Village, the rest of the villagers wait for them. They then hear a horse approaching the village to see Masato and Elch returning.

Akatsuki: Masato... 

Masato: Oh, has everyone come out to greet me?

Elch: No, something's off. Something must have happened.

+ - - - - - +

In the forest, three villagers were trapped between a cliff and a giant bear AKA the Chief of the Forest.

As the Chief of the Forest was about to attack, gunshots hit it from the back, it then turns around to see Aoi fly into it, and Aoi knees it in the face making it fall down the cliff.

Aoi then follows it.

Hunter: A-Aoi?! 

Tsukasa: You don't need to worry about her. How is everyone else?

The hunter looks down.

Hunter: M-Mayor Ulga...

Winona worried after hearing about Mayor Ulga.

+ - - - - - +

At the bottom of the cliff, the Chief of the Forest pushed itself out of the pile of boulders. Aoi unsheath her sword and points it at the Chief of the Forest.

Aoi: So you're the Chief of the Forest?

+ - - - - - +

Back at the top of the cliff, Winona was shocked to see the condition Mayor Ulga. Fulled with claw marks and blood.

Hunter: H-He stopped breathing a moment ago.

Tsukasa: I see. If he's only just stopped breathing, he should be fine.

He then turns toward Keine.

Tsukasa: Isn't that right, Keine-kun?

Keine: Yes, of course.

+ - - - - - +

Aoi and the Chief of the Forest clashed against each other. It then pushed Aoi away, but luckily, Aoi lands on her feet.

They then charge at each other and clashed each other two times. Then the Chief of the Forest smash the ground, but luckily, Aoi jumps out of the way

+ - - - - - +

Keine examines the wounds on Chief Ulga.

Keine: Left fifth through tenth rib, all broken. Abdominal lacerations, colon rupture... Everything below the diaphragm is poking out. He's passed out from hemorrhagic shock, and he's been cardiac arrest for just under three minutes, I believe.

She then start to smile.

Keine: Okay, okay. This should be no problem. Beginning operation. 

She then turns to Takeru.

Keine: Takeru-kun.

Takeru straightens up salutes to Keine.

Takeru: Roger!

He then takes off his pack and takes out a military first-aid kit. He then opens it and it reveals a ton of tools for surgery.

+ - - - - - +

Aoi rushes toward the Chief of the Forest as it was about to slam it's claw at her. Aoi jumped at the cliff then above the bear monster and lands back on the ground on her feet.

It's tail then swings at Aoi, but luckily, Aoi jumped out of the way and lands back on her feet.

Aoi ready her sword as the Chief of the Forest turns to her.

Aoi then jumps toward the bear monster. The Chief of the Forest roars while Aoi screams as she charges at the bear. With a quick slash, Aoi sliced the bear's head off.

Blood erupts out of the bear's body and the body fell to the ground.

Aoi then swing her sword to fling off the blood on the blade and sheath it.

+ - - - - - +

Keine was ready for surgery. He mask was already on, she prep her glove and took the scalpel, tweezers, and mayo scissors.

Everyone around her and Takeru watch as she perform surgery.

Ringo: I-Incredible...

Winona: She's sealing up the wound.

Keine: Damaged organs repaired. Surgical treatment completed. Liquid oxygen injected. Now commencing cardiopulmonary resuscitation.

She then digs her hand in Ulga's chest grab a hold of his heart and force it to pump.

After a few pumps, Ulga gasp out blood. Everyone was surprised to see him breathing again.

Keine turns to Takeru and nodded at him and he nodded back. Takeru then takes out another string for stitches.

Keine then finish the stitches.

Keine: All treatment completed.

She then removes her gloves and mask.

Keine: He should wake up in two to three days.

Winona looks at Ulga and stares with delight.

Winona: Father...

Tsukasa hands Keine a handkerchief.

Tsukasa: Good work.

Keine turns to see it.

Keine: My...

She then took it and wipes her face.

Keine: This hardly even counts as work. Right, Aoi-san?

Aoi walks up to the others.

Aoi: Indeed. That was a piece of cake.

Tsukasa: well, let's head back to Elm Village.

+ - - - - - +

Back at Elm Village, everyone waits for the others to return.

Masato: Aoi, Keine, and Takeru are with them. They'll make it back safely.

Akatsuki then turns the trail when he heard footsteps. Soldiers approach the village.

Masato: That's...

He see one man riding on the carriage.

Soldier: Peasants, bow your heads! Before you stands the Capain of Marquis Findolf's Guardian Knights, the Silver Knight, Inzagi!

Elch: Guardian Knights?!

He then bows down, then every follows.

Inzagi: Hmph, this village reeks of beast. Seize them.

Everyone was confused about this. Inzagi then noticed Lyrule.

+ - - - - - +

Everyone except Lyrule was sent into Mayor Ulga's house with their hands tied behind their backs.

Inzagi: You are suspected of treason against the state.

Elch: Wh-What do you mean?!

Inzagi: You have used illegal; means to gather gold coins within these lands.

Masato: Illegal? We earned that money doing proper business. If you need proof, I'll show you our ledger and our business permit!

Inzagi: There's no need.

They were shocked by what he said.

Inzagi: It's a sin for vulgar peasants such as yourselves to even touch gold. Every gold coin is engraved with the dragon crest of the Freyjagard Empire. Allowing your filthy hands to touch that dragon crest is akin to treason against the state! Marquis Findolf, lord of these lands, is highly offended.

Masato: That's hardly even pretext!

Inzagi: Silence, peasants. Our noble worlds are worth far more than your lives. Should we tell you to live, then you shall live, and if we say you die, you die. This is an order directly from the lord himself. "Burn all traitors who don't know their place at the stake."

Everyone was scared to hear what Inzagi said.

Roo looks at Masato with worry.

Roo: Teacher.

Akatsuki looks down thinking of something he could do. 

+ - - - - - +

At night, Tsukasa, Ringo, Aoi, Keine, Takeru, Winona and all the other villagers that were out hunting came back to see Ulga's house on fire.

Winona: Wh-What is all this?

A fewhunters rushed up to her.

Hunters: Winona! It's no use! We can't find them! None of them are here! Th-They could still be inside.

Winona: We have to rescue them!

Everyone: Yeah!

Tsukasa turns to everyone.

Tsukasa: Do not! Lunging into a burning building is suicide!

Winona: B-But...

Tsukasa: Don't worry. We have someone capable of escaping welded-shut coffins.

Akatsuki: Exactly! 

Everyone then sees Akatsuki floating in the air free.

Akatsuki: Everyone, it's all right now! 

He then snap his fingers and smoke appeared and everyone that was trapped were now free and safe.

Wife: Darling! 

Son: Father!

Elch walks up to his mother rubbing his hand.

Winona: Elch, you're safe!

Elch: Y-Yeah... Thanks to him.

Akatsuki then floats back on the ground and regroup with the other.

Tsukasa: You did well, Akatsuki. We're lucky you were here.

Akatsuki: Yeah, although... 

Masato: We have trouble, Tsukasa.

Tsukasa: Hmm?

Masato: The ones who attacked this village called themselves the Guardian Knights, and they said they had direct orders from the lord.

Tsukasa strokes his chin.

Tsukasa: The lord? His name was Marquis Findolf, wasn't it?

Takeru: Tsukasa.

Tsukasa then turns to Takeru.

Takeru: Someone is missing.

Tsukasa then panicky grabs Takeru by his shoulder to face him.

Tsukasa: Are you sure?

Takeru: Yes. There's a total of about 20 people that are residents of this villager. Counting us makes 28. And Roo makes 29. I only counted 28 right now.

Tsukasa then lets go of Takeru and looks at the crowd and notices...

Tsukasa: Where is Lyrule-kun?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 31 15
A reincarnate has fallen into the world of Highschool DxD, but something strange happened, while being a foreigner, Arthur was expecting harsh resist...
127 18 18
Haru uprooted his home and start anew in a different world for his safety. Everything was going great; he made great friends in this new world and hi...
606 63 36
The Phoenix calls
460 30 2
He felt weak.He felt sick.He felt pain. But why?He had a normal day yesterday.He stayed at the dorms,he hanged out with his friends,he bonded with ev...