behind your back ~ andrei sve...

By saltyysinagrams

Delilah Slavin is the younger sister of Carolina Hurricanes defenseman Jaccob Slavin. After moving to Raleigh... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Epilogue
author's note and acknowledgements 🤍
Bonus Chapter!

Chapter Two

779 4 2
By saltyysinagrams

"Cannonball!!!" yelled Jordan Staal before he made a huge splash into the pool, nearly getting me and my brother wet.

"Hey, Staal! Watch where you're splashin' there, buddy!" Jaccob exclaimed before he turned his head toward me. "Sorry about my teammates. They're kind of small-brained," he chuckled, taking a sip out of his glass bottle of beer.

I chuckled. "It's all of that hockey you guys have been playing!" I exclaimed, lightly punching him in the bicep.

My brother laughed. "Maybe," he responded.

I glanced up and tried to scout where Andrei was. Typically Andrei would be hanging out with my brother the whole time, but I couldn't find the Russian anywhere.

"Hey, do you know where Andrei went?" I asked as I glanced back at Jaccob in confusion.

He shrugged before looking over both of his shoulders and scanning the deck to see if he could find his missing teammate. "Good question. Where did Svech go?" he questioned.

I stood up from the couch that my brother and I were relaxing on. "I'll go find him. Make sure he's okay and not dying," I chuckled before walking back to the sliding door separating the deck from the interior of the dining room.

"Andrei?" I called out, but I heard no response.

"Andrei?" I repeated as I started walking down the hallway and to find that my door had been opened. I'm pretty sure I closed it before helping my brother set up the party, but maybe I didn't. That could be very possible.

I peeked into my room and found nothing. Maybe I didn't close my door.

I gently put my hand on the black door handle and closed my door.

Without looking up, I started walking back down the hallway to continue looking for Andrei.

"Ugh!" I grunted as I ran into someone, and unfortunately, I had spilled my soda that I had in my hand all over my dress.

I glanced up to see who I was trying to find for the last few minutes.

"You called for my name?" Andrei asked me as I stared at my soaked dress in dripping, fizzy soda. He frowned as our eyes met again, a faint sparkle glistening in his muddy brown eyes.

I started to blush, but I wasn't sure if it was the embarrassment from running into Andrei or the fact that Andrei was so smoking hot that I wanted to take him back into my room, away from everyone else as he took control over my body—

"I'm so, so, sorry," Andrei stammered. "Here, have this for the time being," he said as he took off his sweatshirt and offered it to me. Of course he was shirtless underneath, he was probably going to jump into the pool with his teammates, which was why he was probably in the house.

At this point I was already fed up with how today went. I took Andrei's red Hurricanes sweatshirt with frustration and held a tight grip on it so it looked like I had accepted his apology.

Andrei and I looked into each other's eyes for a brief moment, a moment that felt like an eternity. It wasn't awkward, but I swear I could see a spark fly inside of Andrei's brown eyes.

I sighed, exhaling the frustration from Andrei out of my lungs. "You don't need to say yes to this, but I was wondering if you wanted to just stay in here...you know? Away from everyone else?" I asked, which honestly took a lot out of me.

He chuckled. "I'd love to, but I gotta go see what Jaccob wants. Maybe we could take a swim together? I mean, I'm sure you're a fantastic swimmer with that body of yours," he said, which made my face redden even more. I wasn't sure how to take that; was it a compliment, his way of flirting, or was he pointing out a possible insecurity and playing it off jokingly?

"Sure, let me get my swimsuit on. By the way, your eyes are gorgeous. I'm jealous," I complimented.

Andrei started to blush as a smile widened across his face. "Thanks, I'll meet you outside, alright?" he said before turning away and walking towards the glass sliding door that separated the deck from the interior dining room.

I leaned my shoulder against the wall and watched Andrei walk outside and slide the door shut. I smiled, knowing that it felt good to let something off of your chest.

I wasn't exactly sure what Andrei was thinking about me, perhaps he just saw me as a friend or his teammate's younger sister. Maybe it was just too early to tell, considering Andrei and I literally just met a few hours ago.

I walked back to my room that Jaccob let me stay in and closed the door behind me. I set Andrei's sweatshirt on top of the other Hurricanes sweatshirts Jaccob had given to me, all scrunched up from the anger and frustration of the embarrassment from running into Andrei. He was the last person on this Hurricanes team I wanted that to happen to me. Stars align in the most unexpected moments, don't they?

I took my now soda-soaked dress off and tossed it into the white hamper where my other clothes were sitting in. Afterwards I dug around for my forest green bikini in my suitcase, then I pulled out a pair of black shorts to toss over my bottom.

I changed into the bikini and threw on Andrei's sweatshirt and the shorts to cover up my skin.

I walked out of my room, making sure I closed the door this time, and walked back outside to get back to the party.

"Hey, there you are!" exclaimed Jaccob from where he was still sitting after I went to go find Andrei. He waved me over, so I walked over to the couch and sat next to him.

Jaccob chuckled as he sipped on his beer. "I was wondering what was taking you so long," he said as I took a glance at Andrei on the other side of the deck talking to Antti Raanta. Andrei turned his head to look at me and he smiled before returning to talk to Antti. Of course, I blushed, because who wouldn't when it was Andrei that was smiling at you?

"You changed?" Jaccob asked me while I sat back down next to him where I was sitting before.

I nodded my head with a defeated frown on my face. "I spilled my soda all over my dress. I found Andrei, though," I chuckled as took an accidental strong whiff of Andrei's sweatshirt that I was wearing, nearly causing me to faint again. Oh, that cologne was strong and I loved it.

Jaccob chuckled as well. "I see."

A slight breeze blew past, causing me to shiver a little, even though it was fairly warm here for a late afternoon in Raleigh. Not to mention Jordan Martinook just jumped into the pool, giving me a little shower, but it didn't bother me as much as Andrei made me spill my soda.

"So, how are you liking your welcome party?" my brother asked.

I shrugged. "I'm kinda hungry. But I'd like to go for a quick swim before I eat, that way I don't throw up and contaminate the whole pool," I chuckled as I stood up and took Andrei's sweatshirt off and slipped off my shorts to reveal my body in the green bikini.

Jaccob laughed. "Go for it. It's your party."

I smiled as I jogged over to an open spot on the pool deck and jumped into the pool, creating a big splash that nearly got my brother. I would've laughed hysterically if it did get him.

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed after I rose to the surface and started to tread in the water.

Before I knew it, someone jumped into the pool awfully close to me, making a huge splash that drenched me even more.

"Hahaha! I got you good!" Andrei laughed after he rose to the surface. "You should have seen the look on your face!"

I rolled my eyes and splashed him with more water. "You fuckhead!" I exclaimed. "That was not nice!"

Andrei continued laughing, his face as red as the sweatshirt he gave me five minutes ago. "Oh, come on. I did say we were going for a swim together, did I not?" he asked with a smirk as the two of us made our way to the edge of the pool, where we just kept treading water to stay afloat.

I blew my tongue at him. "Are you always this annoying?" I asked him over the blaring music playing from the speaker and sound system over by the grills.

"Uh, I dunno. Nobody really said anything," he responded, weaving his fingers through his hair and pulled it back. "Your swimsuit is lovely, by the way. It really brings out your eyes."

I started to blush again as the fringe of his hair fell back in front of his face.

"Thank you so much for lending me your sweatshirt. It's very warm," I said.

He chuckled, brushing the hair out of his eyes. "No problem. It's the least I could do after I've been a little personal with you, even though we just met," he responded.

Personal? What did he mean personal?

I looked at him in confusion. "Personal?" I questioned.

He sighed as our eyes met each other's gaze again. "Yeah. Like I was trying to help you with your bloody nose, then I interrupted you while you were getting ready, then I ran into you while you were trying to look for me, spilling your drink all over your dress?" he explained.

"Andrei, it's fine. Besides, I like you being around me. I think it gives me a distraction from my brother," I responded, but I don't think I should've said something like that, because Andrei just stared at me blankly. Did I really just confess my feelings in front him?

He sighed. "Delilah, could we...maybe talk more about this in private? Not when there's a bunch of people around?" he proposed, and I completely understood.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, of course. Like, right now, or later?" I asked.

He gulped, making his larynx bob up and down. "Later, when there isn't a huge party. Besides, I think it'll be kind of awkward if we talk about it now," he responded.

I nodded my head again, feeling a stab to my heart. Maybe Andrei didn't have feelings for me after all, and I was just my older brother's younger sister.

Awkward silence filled the air between Andrei and I.

"Hey, Delilah! Food's ready!" exclaimed Jaccob as he carried a plate of grilled food and chips.

"Sweet!" I exclaimed before I lifted myself out of the pool. Before I started walking toward the food that was just freshly prepared, I took a quick glance back at Andrei, who had a defeated frown on his face while he looked back at me. I smiled to hopefully lighten him up, but he didn't return the smile back. Probably because I ditched him and the conversation we were having for food, which I haven't had since leaving Denver this morning.

I grabbed a paper plate and loaded my plate full of meat and chips, much like what my brother had on his. After grabbing my can of soda, hopefully not spilling it all over myself again, I walked back over to my brother and sat down next to him.

"So, I see you've been talking to Andrei," he said as he took a large bite out of his steak kabob.

My heart skipped a beat as my face started to redden again. "Uh, yeah?" I responded. "Is there something wrong with that?"

Jaccob swallowed his bite of steak. "Not really. I think he needs someone to talk to after his break up with his super controlling girlfriend from Moscow," he said. "But you aren't allowed to date any of my teammates. Svech is a good dude, but I'll force you to move back to Colorado if I find you and anyone on the team in any sort of relationship. Got it?"

I gulped, not sure if what Jaccob said was a joke or not. Either way, there goes my fantasy about making out with Andrei until I die.

However, it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep the relationship a secret from Jaccob if Andrei and I were to date. But that could just result in more unnecessary awkwardness, and I guarantee that one of the Hurricanes, players and/or staff, would find out eventually. Even worse, Jaccob would probably find out not long after if he isn't the first one to find out.

"Yeah. Yeah, I got it," I muttered as I glanced back at Andrei treading his legs while talking to another one of his teammates. I sighed and turned my head back to Jaccob.

He chuckled. "Good. God, Elena was such a bitch," he said.

I looked at my brother in confusion. "Elena?" I questioned.

"Svech's now ex-girlfriend. She was literally telling him to drop out of his contract with the Canes that he literally just signed and move back to Russia to play in the KHL," he responded. "Andrei said no, fuck you, and broke up with her. This has been going on for the last couple of months and he just had enough,"

My eyes widened, almost choking on my bite of chicken. "Holy shit!" I exclaimed.

Jaccob laughed. "Yeah. But she's really hot, though. Surprised Andrei could pull someone on that caliber," he joked.

I giggled at the attack on Andrei. "What about you? Have you found a girlfriend while here in Carolina?" I asked him.

Jaccob frowned. "Unfortunately many girls here are not fans. Oh well, sucks for them. I don't need a girl to be happy. I've got my teammates," he said, which definitely made me happy for him to say that.

I took a drink out of my can of Pepsi. "You know, I can hook you up with my friend," I joked.

My brother rolled his eyes. "I'm good, thank you. Besides, I'm sure I can get a puck bunny or two," he continued to roll off of the joke.

I laughed, covering my mouth. "Yikes," I giggled.

I caught Andrei looking back at me as he got out of the pool. Water was dripping down the ends and fringes of his hair and his abdomen flexed as he stretched his arms. I started to blush, and I could even feel some drool come out of my mouth.

He smirked and strategically walked past where my brother and I were sitting on the deck and went back inside. At this point I think Andrei was doing this to get a response out of me, and it was totally working in his favor.

Stop being so fucking hot, you Russian phenom.

"You've got the prettiest green eyes I have ever seen. They sparkle and glow in the night that really bring out your perfect, elegant skin," Andrei said as he brought me closer to his rock-hard abdomen and lowered his head where our mouths were only centimeters away from touching.

"Your accent is so fucking hot, it's making me jealous that I wasn't born in Russia," I complimented in a whisper.

Andrei deeply chuckled, his brown eyes glowing in envy. "Oh, how I've heard that before," he said. "You wouldn't want to live in Russia unless you had a huge load of money. Especially right now,"

I smiled. "I suppose. Doesn't mean I can't compliment how cute that accent is." I chuckled as I wrapped my arms around his broad neck. His larynx bobbed up and down as he licked his lips and smiled wider.

Our faces were getting redder and redder by the second the longer we gazed into each other's sparkling irises.

Andrei gulped as our mouths deviated closer to where our mouths were now millimeters away from touching.

"Do you mind if I...uh," he stammered as panic arose inside of his now shaken, brown eyes.

I forced myself to peck him on the lips. Abolish all of the awkwardness early.

Andrei and I looked at each other awkwardly after I pulled away from the swift kiss.

Before I knew it, Andrei gently put his hand on my cheek and bashed our mouths together for a genuine and compassionate moment of affection. I could kiss this man all damn day and all damn night. He was by far the best kisser I have had in my life, and now I wasn't exactly sure what we were at this point. Were we friends? Were we lovers? Were we still...nothing?

"Mhm, you're so good at this," I moaned as he continued to go roughly before he pinned me to the nearby wall, nearly toppling the paintings hanging up on the wall.

He grunted. "I have experience. You're not good at hiding affection. I've noticed you staring and blushing at me whenever I catch you looking at me. Not to mention you keep asking me to be around you when your brother isn't around," he said before continuing to kiss me, his hands making his way down to my hips.

I smirked. "It's not my fault you're so goddamn hot," I said.

"I get that all the time. I have to look hot for one person in particular," Andrei responded as he pulled away from my body.

I looked at him in confusion as to why he broke away and who he was talking about. Was it me? Was it Elena from Moscow? Was it another girl?

He smirked with a devilish and flirtatious grin. "Someone I'd like to call my girlfriend," he said before coming close again and putting his hand back on my cheek.

"Me?" I blurted.

"I don't think I like you, Delilah," Andrei responded as a frown appeared on his face.

I looked at him in even more confusion. I couldn't back away from him since he had pinned me to the wall. We literally just kissed for a minute, the hell does he mean he doesn't like me?

"What do you mean?" I questioned in disbelief.

Andrei licked his lips again and brought his head closer to mine again. "I don't like you, Delilah. That's what I'm saying," he pauses, gently bringing his fingers from my cheek down and rested them below my chin.

"I love you," he finished.

My heart sank as we continued to stare into each other's awkward stare.

For Andrei to say something like that after such a short amount of time really set me off course.

However, I was feeling the same way about him. Both him and I knew that, with how I acted around him at Jaccob's welcome party he threw for me.

And besides, why would I turn down such an elegant kisser that makes me feel like I'm on cloud nine?

I smiled. "I...love you as well. You made me fall in love with you at first glance when you tried to help me with my bloody nose crisis, even if I called you Andrea to piss you off," I chuckled as I put my hands on his hips and drew him closer to me.

He smirked again. "Well, it did," he said.

"That was my motive, hot shot."

"Hot shot, huh?"

"Yup. Get used to it, Svechnikov."

Andrei rolled his eyes before pulling our heads together again and began round two.

After a few moments of more exchangement of saliva, we broke away for good and just stared at each other awkwardly.

"So, are we officially together now, or what?" I questioned with a soft giggle in my voice.

Andrei chuckled. "I'd love that. We just need to keep this relationship away from your brother, otherwise he's gonna kick my ass,"

I laughed. "Unfortunately," I responded.

Andrei continued to laugh as he brought me into a loose hug. He was so warm. I could hold him in my arms for a century or longer.

"Thanks, Slavin. I'll try to make this relationship work,"

"Anything to keep you in my life, Svechnikov,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 3.2K 41
MM Series (#3) Marriage has been easy for star hockey goalie Evan Henderson and his best friend's sister, Ellie. They both knew what they wanted from...
88K 1.1K 50
Brynnley Adams, a senior at Mount Grey University who can not wait to finish her senior year of college to start her career in marketing. Brynnley is...
22.1K 250 32
everyone knows the hockey player, but nobody knows the sister. owen powers sister, jayden power. jayden power. if you come across her, she seems mea...
5.2M 103K 66
Danielle wanted to keep one thing locked away: her past. But that promise soon crumbles when a new face arrives on campus. Hockey forward, Hunter, i...