RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.1) (M...

By ZANE_555

It's been a long time since Y/N step foot in Vale. He was searching for information as best he can. Until he... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 30

519 19 0
By ZANE_555

Back inside the Tuckson's bookstore, Yang sends a message to Ruby and Y/N.

Blake: "Yang what are you-"

Yang: "Don't worry. I only tell them that we're both safe. I didn't tell them where we are or anything beyond that." 

Blake thanks her for being discreet and Yang shrugs it off.

Yang: "Eh, it was the right thing to do."

Analyzing what Yang said before, Blake asks, motioning to her cat ears.

Blake: "Yang, you knew I had these? How?"

Yang answers frankly.

Yang: "I had my suspicions and noticed a number of things about you since we paired up. But I figure that you would tell us the truth whenever you felt the most comfortable. Guess I wasn't the only know about it, huh."

Blake was a bit surprised, realizing who she is talking about.

Blake: "Y/N... Yeah, he knows too. Despite knowing, he didn't tell you or the others."

Yang: "Yeah, he really does care about us."

Blake looks away, trying to hide the small blush on her face, but Yang already notices this, smirking. Yang finally gets to the heart of the matter.

Yang: "Blake... tell me about yourself."

Blake continues to look away before Yang clarifies.

Yang: "Of course, if you feel uncomfortable, then you don't have to tell me. Everyone's got their privacy."

Blake takes a deep breath before asking her blonde teammate.

Blake: "Yang... Are you familiar with the White Fang?"

Yang: "Well, I only heard rumors about them and then you have news reports calling them a terrorist organization. Why?"

Blake: "Because I was once a member of the White Fang."

Yang: "Really?"

Cautiously, Blake goes to elaborate. 

Blake: "That's right. I got involved with them when I was young. I could've lived a normal life, but I chose to leave it behind in pursuit of equal rights for Faunus. Things were different, back then. In the ashes of war, the White Fang was meant to be a symbol of peace and unity between humans and the Faunus."

Blake goes to lean against a wall before continuing.

Blake: "Of course, despite being promised equality, the Faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate. Humanity still thought of us as lesser beings. And so, the White Fang rose as a voice of our people. And I was there. I was at the front of every rally. I took part in every boycott. I thought we were making a difference. But I was just a youthful optimist... a blind idealist."

She shifts her eyes away, looking at the floor.

Blake: "Then, five years ago, our leader, someone I hold in high regard stepped down, and a new leader took his place. A new leader, with a new way of thinking. Suddenly, our peaceful protests were being replaced with organized attacks by lower-level protestors. Setting fire to shops that refused to serve Faunus, hijacking cargo from companies that used Faunus labor. I even heard rumors of them just letting these actions happen. And the worst part was, it was working. The difference between what's right and what's wrong become less clear. And we were being treated like equals. But not out of respect... out of fear."

As she said this, she stops leaning against the wall, now facing Yang.

Blake: "It made me question what I was doing and the ways I was trying to help the cause. It was... unnerving. And so... I left. I left because the group's corruption. But also, because I saw what it did to someone, I consider a friend. I decided I no longer wanted to use my skills to aid in their violence. So here I am: a former member in plain view, all with the help of a little black bow."

As she said this, she wiggles her cat ears beneath the bow to demonstrate.

Blake: "After I left, I enlisted Tuckson's help, a sympathizer with the White Fang but, an objector to their actions. He shares my disgust for their criminal elements of the White Fang and understood it was probably healthier if he helped those wishing to leave the White Fang than stay with it himself."

Yang is quiet through all of this, carefully listening and absorbing what she's being told. At the end of Blake's little monologue, Yang asks the obvious questions.

Yang: "Why didn't you just tell the team or even just me?"

Blake quietly responds back.

Blake: "I already got burned by someone I trusted once. I wasn't looking for any connection at Beacon."

Yang: "What makes you say that?"

Blake: "I've spent so much time outside the kingdoms that it was rare for me to come across huntsmen that travel in groups. With lone wolf huntsmen being more frequent, I assume that most huntsmen work alone. It was only during our initiation that I begin to realize that I'd have to be stuck with someone for the next four years. I was caught between wanting to connect with someone only for my sense of logic to tell me to stay detached."

Yang just smiles though. 

Yang: "Well, if you're friends with me, we're friends for life even if we may never see each other again. Blake, it's not about the distance, it's about the connection."

This triggers some form of sorrow for herself, shifting her gaze to the side. Her lilac eyes going hollow and her tone going bitter upon saying that last line. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Back with Y/N, he managed to finish his mission for Ozpin, retrieving the item to Glynda. Once he did, Glynda inform him that all will be all for today and he should go rest. He then gets a notification from Yang about how she found Blake and that they're okay.

Y/N: ("Phew, thank goodness. Though, knowing the place they're in, I'm guessing Yang must've found Blake at Tuckson's bookstore. Now... what should I do next.")

He ponders for a moment before spotting Ruby, holding her scroll and hiding around the corner. He goes to approach her, wondering what she's doing.

Y/N: ("Guess she read Yang's message.") "Hey, Ruby. What-"

Ruby turns around to face Y/N, motioning him to whisper.

Ruby: "Sshh... look..."

Y/N: "What?"

The two look around the corner to see Weiss and Pyrrha. They overhear Weiss talking and approaching Pyrrha.

Y/N: ("What is she doing?")

Weiss: "Pyrrha... I need to talk to you, please."

Pyrrha isn't too happy with the way Weiss handle herself in the argument the other day, especially with her racist mindset laid bare to her and the rest of the group. 

Pyrrha: "Care to explain, why?"

Weiss; "Please, Pyrrha. Listen to what I have to say."

Pyrrha gives in since she's too inclined to be nice even when she thinks someone is wrong. A few moments later, the two go up to the roof and Ruby and Y/N follows along, eavesdropping at them behind the door. Weiss exhales.

Weiss: "I must admit. I more than... puzzled about everything happening around me and my team. Especially with that dun-I mean... Y/N."

She and Pyrrha stand there, looking at the sky above before Weiss continues.

Weiss: "Back in Atlas, everyone would flatter and bow to my will and the only people that wouldn't were my own family. I left specifically to break free of them but, now I'm finding it harder and harder to connect with anyone at this point. Even Ozpin glare at me over his glasses... I felt sick to my stomach with anxiety."

The heiress shivers a bit before continuing on.

Weiss: "I came to Beacon to be free but, I feel more suffocated than ever. I wanted to talk to you because you're the only person I know who might be able to understand since you're quite the celebrity yourself back in Mistral."

Pyrrha pulls pieces from what Weiss is saying in order to help Weiss sort through it and even manages to relate with some of that grief.

Pyrrha: "I guess I can relate to that. There was a point where I only saw the people around me as just 'there for me', as servants and nothing else. But after a car accident that I was responsible for with my semblance, some sense got knocked into my head that there were still people around me and nothing less. I tried to take responsibility for the accident, but the PR team covered it up, even if the family of the injured party and I knew what really happened."

With a calm expression, Pyrrha look at Weiss in the eyes.

Pyrrha: "Weiss, I advise you to look at people as your equals before anything else. Human, Faunus, it doesn't really matter. If you want to fix this mess between you and your team, you need to humble yourself just a bit. Just like how you are with me. You could be as skilled and talented as you want to, but no one wants to work with, let alone talk to someone who's pompous and ungrateful."

Pyrrha looks to the entranceway to the roof knowingly, having been aware of Ruby's and Y/N presence the entire time. This earns a quiet "Eep!" from Ruby and Y/N just facepalming, realizing that they've been caught thanks to Ruby not doing a good job at hiding.

Y/N: ("Darn it, Ruby.")

Weiss just contemplate over Pyrrha's words, thinking that it similar to what Y/N told her. Pyrrha then turns to Weiss.

Pyrrha: "Maybe, the first thing you need to do in order to get on that path is to learn how to apologize."

With a smile, Pyrrha nods to Ruby and Y/N. Y/N, who decides to walk out onto the roof, much to Weiss's and Ruby's surprise.

Ruby: "Wait, don't-"

Y/N ignore her plead as he goes to confront Weiss. Reluctant, Ruby has no choice but to do the same and meekly walks over to the quiet heiress as well. Pyrrha smiles and leave them to talk.

Pyrrha: "Ren is planning to make some pancakes for us. You guys should come over before Nora eat most of them."

Y/N: "Thanks for the offer."

As Pyrrha left, Ruby, Y/N, and Weiss are left standing there awkwardly on the roof with neither of them knows what to say to one another, let alone making eye contacts. All Y/N can do at this moment is ponder to himself.

Y/N: ("Great... this is 'very' awkward now.")

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 57 50
My name is Silver Belladonna. My name is influenced by a movement after the Great War which made everything seem black and white, good or bad. Theref...
8.8K 270 47
Here is the fifth volume of this fanfiction I'm doing. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic I'm doing is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing R...
61.1K 904 47
I DO NOT OWN RWBY ROOSTER TEETH OWNS RWBY THERE ARE SOME FEW SPOILERS IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED RWBY YET So this is just a fanfic for the readers who wa...
719 11 22
Just an RWBY OC story I've been working on ---- Four friends, with the dream of becoming professional huntsman. Lucky for them, fate decided to gran...