Pokemon: Destiny Quest [On Ho...

By Orochimaru_Wife23

Jennifer, originally from Sunny town in the Kanto Region, recently moved to Dusk town in the Sola Region. Whi... More

Prologue: Sola Region, A new Start
Character Profile
Chapter 1: Setting off for the Professor's Lab
Chapter 2: Meeting the Starter Pokemon
Chapter 3: The Beginning of Jennifer's Journey
Chapter 4: A Feathered Freind
Chapter 5: First Rival Battle & Father's Suprise
Chapter 6: Meeting Diamond
Chapter 7: Trouble in Guren Forest
Chapter 8: Farewell Guren Forest
Chapter 9: Hello Sunēkuuddo City
Chapter 10: New Faces & Final Training Touches
Chapter 11: Jennifer V/S Maruis A Raging Watery Start
Chapter 12: The Marine Badge
Chapter 13: Septaclely Coordinator Assulat
Chapter 15: Meeting Bluebell & New Traveling Partner
Chapter 16: A New Member Is Born
Chapter 17: Entering Hollowstone Cave
Chapter 18: Pokemon Poacher Drew
Chapter 19: A New Discovery
Chapter 20: Diamond's Electric Encouter
Shipping
Chapter 21: The Arival Of A Old Best Friend
Chapter 22: Jennifer's Determination
Announcement

Chapter 14: Arrival Of New Rivalaries

38 5 9
By Orochimaru_Wife23

"Alright, let's see what the judges have to say, "Rhian said, standing before the curtain."The eight contestants moving on to the next round contest battle are," She said as the attention was brought to the large screen above her.

"So the results are here. Let's see who made it to the next round," Roy said, looking at the screen curiously.

"I don't doubt that both of your friends have made it t the next round," Oswald said.

"These lucky eight!" Rhian announced as the screen showed the eight contestants, with Jennifer and Diamond both making it, along with Sammy and Anabel and the other contestants that weren't as important to Roy.

'It looks like Jennifer and Diamond made it to the next round.' Roy thought, looking at the screen.

"Not surprised they were both pretty good in the first round," Oswald commented.

~~~~

In the waiting room...

"I made it, yes!" Diamond said happily.

"Awesome, we both made it," Jennifer said, raising her fist.

"Meow," Starla cried, looking at Jennifer shaking her head.

"It is such a relief," Diamond said, taking a deep breath.

"Congratulations," Sammy said, looking over at Diamond.

"Thanks, Sammy but you made it look easy with that performance of yours," Diamond said." I can see why you already have a ribbon."

"I wouldn't be too sure about that," Sammy said.

"I got to call my mom and my cousins if they're not busy," Diamond said, heading off to call her mom.

"She is an interesting person with bad nerves but excitable," Jennifer commented.

"Well, Jeni has been a while," Anabel said, walking over toward Jennifer.

"Anabel didn't expect you to come all the way here to enter the Pokemon Contests haven't seen you since I moved," Jennifer said, hugging her second best friend from back at home, the daughter of one of her mom's old bike gang friends.

"I decided to start away from home," Anabel stated, hugging Jennifer back.

Diamond then walked back into the room as the matchups were being determined. The first matchup was between Jennifer and Sammy, and the second was Diamond against a curly brown hair boy and Anabel against a girl with silky orange hair. The last match was two boys against each other.

"So it's Sammy and me," Jennifer said, returning Starla.

"I'm positive you will do great," Diamond said.

"Thank you," Jennifer said, smiling."Let's get a winning streak going. One badge won. Now let's get a contest ribbon!" She cheered.

Sammy looked over at Jennifer curiously.

"Hold on, Jennifer remember an appeal battle different from a gym battle," Diamond stated.

"Hey, don't worry, I can handle it with no problem," Jennifer replied.

Sammy walked over to Jennifer.

"Hey Sammy looking forward to our match," Jennifer said, holding out a hand.

"Hold on, are you saying you're entering into Sola League?" Sammy asked.

"Yeah, that what I started my journey in the first place," Jenifer replied.

"What are you doing in a Pokemon Contest for? You clearly don't know the difference between contest and Gym battles," Sammy said, walking off.

"What was that?" Diamond asked.

"Who knows," Jennifer said, holding out a Pokeball and stareing at it deep in thought.

~~~~

In the stands...

"Here is the moment you've all been waiting for," Rhian announced, gaining the crowd's attention."Now get ready for the second-round battle. The coordinator who can show off their Pokemon's beautiful moves and strip away their opponent's point the most in five wins!"

Roy held the Pokemon egg closer as Diamond sat in between him and Oswald to watch the first match before it was her turn. As the screen shows a picture of Sammy and Jennifer.

"So let's get started with our first matchup," Rhian said."It's Jennifer in one corner and Sammy in the other! We got a five-minute timer on the clock, and we're off!"

"Starfire, let's go!" Jennifer called out as Starfire came ou. The Pokeball was surrounded by flames and landed on the ground.

"Alright, Psyox showtime!" Sammy said, sending Psyoxwith hearts around it as it spun around and landed gently on the ground.

"Starfire, go for it!"

"Jennifer makes the first move!"

"Psyox, stay," Sammy said.

"Why won't Psyox move?" Diamond asked.

"She got something up her sleeve," Roy commented.

"Starfire Headbutt!" Jennifer commanded.

Starfire jumped up in the air and came down towards Psyox head first.

"And Starfire jumps into the air coming down with speed in a head dive!"

"Stop, Flacub!" Sammy shouted.

Psyox eyes glowed a bright blue as they surrounded Starfire in a blue aura stopping her in her tracks.

"Oh no!"

"Suprisely Psyox stops Flacub with its Confusion," Rhain announced as Jennifer lost some points.

"Psyox is fast," Diamon said, impressed.

"That was quite a strategy waiting for the last minute to use Confusion to stop Starfire," Roy commented.

"Good work Psyox. Now, give Flacub a toss!" Sammy commended.

"No, you don't; Starfire, use Ember!" Jennifer shouted.

"Fla!" Starfire cried and released a powerful Ember at Psyox, knocking it off guard and freeing itself from the blue aura.

"Starfire is not down yet. She releases a powerful Ember to keep from being throwing catching Psyox off guard!"

Sammy then lost a decent amount of points from the effects of Starfire counterattack.

"Psyox Tackle, let's go!"

"Pay!" Psyox cried, running forward.

"Starfire Double Team!"

Starfire then created over 20 of her surrounding Psyox, catching it off guard, unsure of which one was real.

"And Starfire nicely catches Psyox off guard by using Double Team! That cost Sammy some points!

"Fire Fang!" Jennifer shouted.

"Stop her!"

Psyox uses Confusion and once again stops Starfire in her tracks.

"Another Confusion is released, stopping Starfire's beautiful, and points go down for Jennifer. Both opponents are off to an interesting start!"

"I agree at this rate; either one of them can win," Oswald stated.

"Starfire, free yourself with swift!"

"Fla!" Starfire cried out, fighting free and sending a blast of Swift at Psyox breaking free.

"Look at that almost to the one-minute mark, and Jennifer is in the lead with points!"

"We see about that Psyox Shadow Claw!"

"No, you don't; Starfire, spin and use Ember!"

"Huh?" Sammy questioned wide-eyed as Starire spun on the ground and sent a beautiful wave of flames toward Psyox.

"That it times up the winner of the match is Jennifer!"

The crowd cheered loudly.

"Well, that was impressive using Enber in such a beautiful way."

"Remarkable."

"For a moment, I almost forgot this was a Contest by the intense power," Nurse Joy said.

~~~

Jennifer was sitting in the waiting room beside Starfire and Starla, who were eating Pokemon food.

"That was one of the greatest battles I've ever seen," Diamond said.

"Yeah, but if you ask me, don't you think you both got carried away with all the power?" Roy asked.

"Yeah, I guess I got a little heated and forgot for a moment about making my moves appealing," Jennifer replied.

"That final Ember, I wasn't expecting to see such a display of beauty," Sammy said."However, I don't know if Pokemon Contest is entirely; we're you shine."

"Your probably right, but I figure it was worth a shot," Jennifer said.

"Get this; Jennifer entered the Contest because her mother used to do them and wanted to give her a show to watch. Plus, Starla seemed interested in it during registering, so they decided to do th first round with Starla," Diamond said.

"Starla?" Sammy asked, looking at Jennifer Meowth.

"Yeah, she was watching closely during Diamond training and seemed to be intrigued, so she decided to give it a go like my mom," Jennifer said.

"I see."

~~~

"Now the second round battles continue. As the coordination field grows smaller with each battle," Rhian announced as Diamond won her battle with Foilpup and Anabel won her battle with her Growlithe."Until the secret of who wins the ribbon is revealed!" She announced as it showed the first round was Anabel against Diamond and Jennifer against a girl who had won the earlier round.

"So it's Diamond against Anabel," Jennifer said.

"That right, Diamond will be facing her Growlithe," Roy said.

"So here is the first round of the semi-finals," Rhian."It's Diamond against Anabel. Let's go!"

"Foilpup spotlight!" Diamond said, sending out Foilpup, who was surrounded by flowers as she came out of her Pokeball.

"Growlithe show time!" Anabel shouted, sending out Growlithe in a beautiful shine of stars.

"They already show everything they got in the second round," Roy said, gaining Jennifer's attention."So whoever wins this shows they can change it up."

"Yeah, your right," Jennifer turning her attention back to the battle.

"Foilpup Vine Whip!"

"Growlithe flame wheel!"

Growlithe efficiently stops the incoming vine.

"Foilpup, jump, and use Slam!"

Foilpup jumps up in the air and dives down towards Growlithe.

"Not a bad play," Jennifer said.

However, Growlithe beautifully dodges it and lands an Iron Tail on Foilpup.

"Now that beauty of Growlithe tail in action!" Rhain announced.

"Incredible," Roy said.

"We're passing the halfway mark, and the final stage is waiting for the winner!" Rhian said as Growlithe used a beautiful Flame wheel again right before time without.

"Foilpup, you did good," Diamond said, petting Foilpup's head.

"And Anabel will be going to the finals!"

"Incredible display of Growlithe power and beauty, Diamond on the other head, seems to stiff and rush."

"Right, Remarkable."

"I can't wait to see more of Growlithe and Anabel's performance in the final match."

~~~

Diamond was now heading back to the stands after talking to her mom.

"Welcome to the final stage. It's Jennifer and Anabel, and both corners are raring to go!" Rhian said."We have seen Starfire and Growlitb using everything they got. So how will they mix it up?"

"Starfire, use Bite!"

"Iron Tail!"

"And Growlithe gets out of a tight spot!"

"Starfire spinning, Tackle!"

"Fla!" Starfire cried out, spinning and slamming into Growlithe, knocking it down.

"Well, look at that. She's all out of points with 15 seconds left. The winner is Jennifer!"

The crowd claps loudly at Jennifer's victory.

"Let's give a big hand to Jennifer as she receives the beautiful Sunēkuuddo City ribbon!"Rhian announced.

~~~

Outside the contest hall, as the sun was setting...

"Good for you, Jennifer. You deserved your win," Anabel said.

"I agree, Jen. You were amazing out there for a Gym battler. Your mother must be proud," Sammy said.

"Thanks," Jennifer said.

"Hey Sammy, will I see you at another contest?" Diamond asked.

"You won't know unless you show up," Sammy said, wearing pink sunglasses."

"One thing I might have lost this time but next time, I'll give you a real challenge!"

"I'm looking forward to it," Sammy said, walking off.

"Same, but I hope that you enter again, Jennifer so that I can beat you," Anabel said, leaving as well.

"I take it you three will be leaving as well for your next gym battle and contest," Oswald said, looking at Diamond and Jennifer.

"Yeah, in the morning," Jennifer said.

"It looks like you got yourself a rival now, and Jennifer has a new one in the Pokemon Contest who is her old friend," Roy said.

"This is going to be great, Diamond. You're going to d great with training," Jennifer said.

"Agree to catch you around f your not gone already. Nice meeting you," Oswald said.

To be continued...

Hey everyone, I hope you enjoyed the 14th chapter of Pokemon Destiny Quest. In this chapter, Jennifer wins the Sunēkuuddo City ribbon with the help of Starfire. And now has a new rivalry with Anabel, who hopes to see her again in another contest.

Thank you to everyone reading and leaving votes on my story.

Question of the chapter: What do you think of Sammy and Anabel?

WC: 1994

Pokemon caught:

Jennifer: Flacub(Starfire)(F), Croling (Ace) (M), Solan Meowth (Starla) (F), Treecoon (Sage)(M), Egg

Diamond: Chimchar (M), Foilpup (F)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 279 15
You're a Pokémon Trainer traveling with Ash Ketchum and his friends. Along the way, they come across the members of Team Rocket, a group of Pokémon t...
45.9K 606 91
This is the start of a young girl named Mew who begins her Pokemon Journey. A young girl raised and can understand Pokemon begins her journey to beco...
67.4K 849 47
Ash has finally arrived in a new region ready to win more badges and leagues hopefully.But soon he discovers new joy in joining Pokemon school. Follo...
56.9K 1.6K 63
Misty moved from Kanto to Jhoto, because she trusted her sisters to take care of the gym. But an encounter which made her heartbeat faster. The boy w...