Child's Warmth (Uglydolls Lou...

By SnowlightHeart

"Holy doll, I screwed up..." More

"Not A Perfect Start"
"They've Gone Too Far"
"A Well-Planned Escape"
"A Big World Adventure/Disaster?"
"What A 'Darling' Child"
"School Had Just Begun"
"Muses and Chases"
"Longing Perspective"
"Perfection Drama"
"Collapsing Memories"
"Real Amends"
"A Little Helping Hand"
"Couldn't Be Better Than This"
"Huge Unexpected Turn"
"Learning and Worth"
"Doll Caught"
"Secret"

"The Search"

42 3 0
By SnowlightHeart

Cynthia couldn't stay quiet forever. She couldn't stop thinking about her doll. She knew that she won't be at ease if somedoll like Lou is roaming around the city, alone. Who knew what troubles awaited him if he got himself in a much bigger mess? Even the government will take actions if it's revealed that he isn't the only doll or even a toy that moves like this. Not only he couldn't get away with it, the company that is responsible for his very existence can get punished.

The kid put on her coat before grabbing her umbrella and immediately rushed to put on her boots. "Oh sweet luna, this is all my fault! I shouldn't have panicked and kicked him out like that! Oh my gosh, Dalancy, can't you just stop running away from things like this!" She scolded herself before leaving her house in the early morning where the sun hasn't rise up yet. It's almost passed midnight too...

Unlike most kids, Cynthia has this childish side and mature side. She knows her limits and is mostly capable of leaving the house without an adult. Why? Her dad gave her a stun gun, that simple. Silvia even thought that he was going crazy, but Nicholas reminded her that he wasn't even trying to be one. So let me asked... who is stupid enough to go out in the rain?

Yup, also his kid, but Cynthia was determined to get her doll back. Even if she has to go through this bad weather. And possible enough, make Lou explain his situation... The only reason she panicked was because there's horror movies of dolls. She could only hope that she won't be regretting on what she's planning.

If there's one specific location her doll might be right now, it's where she found him. I mean, that's the only place she remembers. If he isn't there, then she stands no chance on ever seeing him again. She grabbed a piece of crumbled paper from her pockets and reread the letter she found in his old box that day.

"For my new owner, please take care of me very well and give me a warm home. For I have been thrown out by every child who receive me"

...

Cynthia wanted to take back everything she said after reading it repeatedly while she looks around for a specific doll with the brightest goldilocks hair just in case. "Lou?!" She called, her voice echoing out her neighborhood, but only a harsh wind and raindrops rained down on her. She clutched her umbrella tighter and keep on the lookout.

There's a few cars that passed by before one specific yellow car stopped in front of her just as she plans to cross the street. She prepared her stunt gun, but she was surprised to find a specific boy staring at her with a much more bewildered expression.

"Darling?"

"Arthur?!" She said out loud before he shushed her immediately with his hand covering her mouth. "Hey chump, who's the girl?"

"Sorry, dad. It's just Nicholas' daughter... she is one of the kids who got kidnapped..."

"We'll help her hop in like a fine gentleman you should be! I don't want a son who doesn't treat any woman right!" His dad scowled before he opened his door and helped her hoped in the seat just next to him.

"My apologies for the bother..." she mumbled, growing a bit awkward on riding the taxi car again. "A-Arthur, you said your dad is an officer..." Cynthia added, trying to relieve the tension as she closed her umbrella.

"Yeah, well, he likes going undercover as a taxi driver. Criminals panicked when a police car mostly roams around. I kinda sneaked out of his trunk, but he found me afterwards and we're kinda in patrol at the moment. But where are you going, walking recklessly in the rain?" He asked.

Should I tell him that my doll ran off? But if I did, he won't even believe me. Besides, if Lou's trying so hard to keep me from seeing him alive, what's the difference with the other kids?

"It's my d-doll... I'm planning to look for him... I cannot last a second in school or in any place without him around"

"You mean the 'doll' who made you went cookoo and almost got shot in the head during the run?" He recalled to teased her, only resulting a punch in the arm. "Ow! Watch the arm, it still stings! Ok ok! Geez, I was just kidding~ No need to be upset. But... does it ever crossed your mind that it's just a doll?" He mentioned and Cynthia could only look down in her lap, where Lou used to sit as she holds him each time her family goes out somewhere.

Not once, she leaves him behind. Cynthia glanced outside to see the lights surrounding the city she plans to find her doll.

"Me and Lou are kinda inseparable for some reason. He might be just 'the doll' to your eyes, but from what I see... is something more..." she mumbled, smiling a little to herself at the thought of playing tea parties and watching movies with him.

"Then there's this one crazy afternoon that got me losing him in the process. With a doll that is not only perfect, but also my key to confidence, I don't want to replace him just like that. Even though I only got him before the first day of school~" She cautiously answered, showing the letter to her new friend.

"Here. See this letter? I promised to take good care of him. I can't break that now..."

"You and your dad are crazy..." she heard him mumble before glaring daggers at him, offended. The boy just raise his arms up in surrender. "I-In a good way, of course, darling!" He added.

"Ugh! It's Cynthia! CYN-THI-IA!" She spelled out, getting annoyed at the nicknames lately. That's exactly how her dad calls her 'mom'.

"Oi, you two. I don't mean to interrupt, but do you have any specific location on what you're talking about, kid?"

"Oh y-yes! Just the alleyway near the convenience stores and shops. It's the closest one to the mall, but also near the outside city!"

"Kid, are you out of your goddamn mind?! That place has a lot of street dogs! And here I thought you're a child that has the nerve to leave your house because of a toy store"

"Not to worry. I'll be fine. If I handled the kidnappers well, what's the difference that the dogs are gonna make?"

"Such clever diva you are..." the boy mumbled as he starts to feel weird towards her every time she makes contact with him. Even for just a quick touch...

"That's because Agent Lou has his eyes on you! Just buy another doll—"

"I'm sorry, but I will asked you 'kindly' to stop the car in the middle of the highway if you even suggested to buy another perfection doll. Lou is the doll I WANT. And I won't be scared to do so in talking back. Because I WILL BE MORE ANNOYED if I don't find him immediately" she complain with a huff.

"Gosh, even you named that doll after him..." Arthur could only scratch the back of his head in awkwardness from his dad's stern face at the mirror that screams 'This is THE girl?!'

"Hey, um, Darling, why is Lou special to you anyway? Besides the confidence, of course—I've noticed how much he has an impact on you and as far as my memories can remember... after the run, you were so glad that he's okay. Heh, even other toys might feel inferior that you treat your favorite toy so well. You act like he's some type person or something..." he stammered, a little nervous to infuse her temper to the boiling point.

I DIDN'T knew that until he suddenly moves! She mentally screamed at her head. The question did got her glare leaving and was a little astonished that he asked.

"Well... Besides Jayden, he is the only one who looks after me while my parents are away at work. My aunt and uncle just went along with the babysitting and never mind much of my matters since as an introvert, I mostly stay at my room..." she stated, fixing her hair at the back of her ear when it went in to her face.

"After Jayden, he is my everything... And I just noticed how much I ignore it..."

Arthur can how her eyes glisten at the thought of getting her doll back, but with this harsh rain that wouldn't last at any moment and the dogs that would be waiting to feast her, he knew that he couldn't just leave her alone.

"Your imagination is growing out of control. Look, I get it, kid, children and toys like you and 'Lou' have this weird connections in sunshine's and rainbows when it comes to childhood and imaginations, but believe me when I say this. Once you grew older and get more distracted in your studies and friends and possible enough... even fell in love one day, you will grow distant with that toy and they will just become part of your collection shelves..."

Ok, that strike a nerve for sure.

Arthur got shock when Cynthia pulled the emergency brakes, making his body jolt up and collided in his dad's seat. He fell from his spot before groaning at the impact. "Arthur! Are you alright, son?!" His dad panicked as his kid watch the girl just silently glared at both of them and stormed out of the car with her things.

"W-Wait! C-Cynthia!" He called out, following her in any case of putting herself in trouble over a toy despite his arm still on sore because of the sudden brakes. "What the f— Son! Come back here, chump! Your mom's gonna kill me!"

The kids ignore him before the boy caught up with her and pulled her back at the sudden car that passed by on the crosswalk.

"Tia—"

He tried to ask if she's alright, but the girl only slapped his hand away. "Leave me alone! You should just go and return to your dad. It's hopeless following a girl that left her home just to get her toy back..." the girl scoffed at him, but the boy refused to do so.

"Don't listen to dad! He doesn't know what he's saying! All his life, he never had a single toy. Not even ONCE. I, on the other hand, have my own toy that I secretly play with whenever he's not around. How 'bout you trust me when I say that he would be in love with that doll of yours once he sees why you cared for him so much, yeah? You shouldn't let such words affect you much..." He reminded, hoping that she could give his dad a chance.

"Well pardon me for acting this way. I never asked for a lot of toys at the first place. And whenever I actually want something, my cousin couldn't buy it without my parents coming along! If I cannot buy any doll I want, I shall find one myself!"

"Calm down—I get it. I get it. I get it. You and Lou are a knot to understand. Now please keep your tone down. We are in the alleyway filled with dogs, remember?"

Cynthia got himself in to thinking before silently nodding, put the boy in relief.

"You're lucky that I stormed off. Otherwise, I would have shock him with my stun gun..."

They searched and passed by every alley they went on with Arthur leading the girl whose completely at blank space. She must be thinking about her doll again... he thought before he carefully connects his hands on her as a signal to keep up her pace.

Cynthia, who's been observing his back, got her jumping a little when he grab her warm hand on his cold ones. "Hey, Arthur?"

"Hmm?"

"Don't you think that your dad might ground you for keeping up with me?"

"Nah. He cares for me too much to even locked me up. And I love it when I'm thrilled at the face of danger. Once I grow up, I wanna be a secret agent. Just like your dad..."

"You're already planning?"

"Listen... I know that we have our differences and disagreements ever since the escape run, but... I'm just a bit curious. How DID you get that doll? I never any perfection doll like him before in any of Willa's collection..." he started, changing the subject and avoiding her gaze for a good reason. He wanted to know more about her, not himself.

"Willa? You know her?" She asked again.

"Everyone does. Even my cousins. They said that she have this huge toy collection in her room. You can easily find different kinds of unlimited and rare toys in her shelves. Both of you are so much alike. Just... you're not into much toys and she is. So I'm quite surprised that you got yourself a very rare perfection doll..." he pointed out, but not before Cynthia put him under her umbrella as they keep walking.

"For the last time, I found him. I remember going back that day from the school orientation and came across an alley just near the mall and our school. I felt like I saw something glowing in one box and let my curiosity get the best of me. When I opened it, I saw him all messy and dirty. I decided to take him home, but I never knew I would grow attached to him..." she unconsciously explained.

Arthur just looked at her for a minute until they finally reached the place. The area is filled with old neighboring buildings and ruins where you will find piles of trashes and flies roaming around. Cynthia scream in fright when a filthy animal passed through one of her legs and collided the officer's son by accident, making him stumble near the trash bin and immediately regain his balance, finding her head buried to his chest soon after.

The girl is still under her raincoat, but she can tell how soaked Arthur is because of her.

"Seriously, Darling? You boldly left your house to find your toy, yet you scream at the face of rats?" He whispery mention, rather amused before she blush in embarrassment and push herself away to gather her voice.

"I-It's not like I planned that to happen, you twat! How would you feel if a rat ever fell from your mirror stand?!" She half-yelled in disbelief.

"My dad taught me not to be scared of anything. If I may be so bold, I would to love to be your shining armor, my spoiled princess~" he flirted, but the girl only gave up a scoff.

"You wish. I'm too fabulous compare to you. Go date you grandma..." she retorted before both kids flinch when one trash bin made a loud contact on the floor. "Was that the rat? Please, tell me it's just the rat..." the British girl mumbled, as she clutched into the boy's soaked shirt from the back while they both carefully take a step forward.

The wind keep growing harsher as they went closer, successfully blowing off the girl's hoodie, along with her hair dancing in mid air that made the young boy stared at her, bewildered, almost dropping his flashlight. "W-Woah. You didn't tell m-"

Arthur was greeted by Cynthia's hand, slapping his mouth closed before she cover her other eye back and snatch the light torch from him. "Not a word to ANYONE. Now let's go..." she stated with her teeth gritted in pissed when someone her eyes just got exposed into one of the family members of those Miller Twins.

Cynthia glanced at each box from the corner in hopes to see her doll, but it's only empty. Arthur seeing that it's a sensitive topic, didn't open his mouth for the rest of the search.

"I hope you're here, Lou. This is the only place I know and found you!"

Silence...

...*'squeak'*... *'squeak'*

Cynthia tried her best to face this horrendous smelly place with her hand covering her nose and painfully ignoring her pajamas getting messy from the dirty water. Gross! I am so showering after this...

Suddenly, she yelped when a small figure jumped out of nowhere and snatched the light torch from her grasp. "Ahh!" She felt her pupils dilate in fear at the sound of not just one dog, but more than two, growling from the shadows. The only light support they had is the street lights from the outside part of their exit way

Just then, they instantly backed away at the sound of a rash growl from the very corner of the alleyway. "It's coming from the fences... Quick, hide! I'll stall them..."

"W-What?"

"Here's the plan. I'll distract the dogs, go find your doll, get it back and then we'll meet up at the near park. Easy peasy... Any questions?"

"As a matter of fact, yes. What makes you think you can go one on one with those bulldozers, you nitwit?! They could turn you into scrubs at any moment!" She hissed at him quietly.

"I basically ran like I'm in a marathon during the chase..."

"You better not come back with more besides that injury like the last time. I swear—I will put a curse upon you for making me feel like a damsel!" She added.

"Well noted, darling~"

And with that, she silently yelped and clasped both of her hands into her mouth in fear when the boy run off with a pack of hungry street dogs, chasing him after he pushed her into hiding.

Once the dogs are all distracted, Cynthia snuck deeper into the further backed alley and tried her best to look for the torch. She did found it sooner afterwards but her body almost fell back in fear when the torch's light is pointed to perfection dolls that are shredded and ripped off mercilessly.

"Oh no!" She noticed the light glitching out slowly from the damage as she hold unto it and look for her doll as fast as she could. "Lou, please come o-out... I'm so sorry! I never meant to make you leave. I just don't know what to do..." she apologizes with her normal tone as she tried to ignore all the toys that have been destroyed by those wild animals. Her way was soon blocked by the fences with a sign 'DANGER' and 'PRIVATE PROPERTY'.

"I had always have you and the other toys as my company. Look, whatever happens between us yesterday, let's forget it, alright? Please, just come back home and let me take care of you again! You can explain to me—I'll listen!" She pleaded as she starts to get scared of what could've happened to her doll at this moment. She would blame herself to death if she caught him ripped off like these toys.

You're not gonna come out?" she pleaded. The rain completely soaked her clothes and hair, but she didn't turn back until she finds him. All of a sudden, an unexpected spine-chilling growl was heard behind her back as she stood still, frozen. At the exact dreadful time I hesitantly turn around, I didn't hold back a scream when the dog tries to pounced on me, but a giant steel bar hit its face and collided in the brick wall.

Before I could even process, more growls appeared from the dark corners with red eyes glaring at my direction. "Kenna!" A familiar voice called before a humming bird began pulling the sleeve of my coat outside the alleyway. "H-Hey, let go—" I didn't get the chance to finish my sentence when another dog got thrown at the side as smaller figures move around the shadows.

"W-What..."

Then I saw small figure in a hoodie, blinding one of the dogs in the eyes with a mirror that reflect from the light before he repeated an order as a smaller dog tackled him on the floor. "Kenna, get her o-out of here!"

The bird he called 'Kenna' began to pull me harder enough to make my feet move as I stumble my way out.

Was that...

... Lou?...

*Lou's POV*

I grunted with no care on how filthy I have gotten as the Doberman dog, who seems to be their leader, pinned me down against ground. "Unhand me, this instant!" I commanded. "This what happens to dolls who meddle on my pack's meal..." he warned before he raised his sharp nails to scratch my chest open, but I was faster and stopped with my feet, followed with swinging it to one of the dogs next to him and got hit instead as I flip back to my feet while grabbing a yarn from my satchel.

I'm running out of needles... I can't keep up with these beast far too long!

"It was just a miscalculated situation. The child didn't mean to barge into your territory!" I defended, jumping on one dog's back and keep her steady without getting scratch or bitten.

"It's not just your kid who messed with us..." I jumped from a nearby trash can for a boost and sent the smaller dog flying back inside her border from the other side. "...that includes you and your pathetic existences. It's only fair we give you the taste of your own crimes..." the leader of the pack, added.

"Your pack MESSED with my kid first, so it's only justified that I protect her at all cost!"I shot back, glaring with my teeth gritted before my eyes glance up to see a hook and pulley from the motel balcony. Soon, I began to ran there with a plan, but I was shortly halted by an attack from two dogs.

"Oh really. Protect, you say... So these are not yours?" He mockingly scoff with venom as he freely grab my back suit and showed me the broken dolls, lying lifelessly on the floor with their stitches and fluffs out of their molds. I froze at my spot at the sight as my eyes vigorously dilated in horror. Every single one of the new dolls I familiarize with and never came back...

"Model Doll Type 12, was it?"

Looking at each specific doll, I recognize all of them. No matter how many of them look so much alike, they will always have their own shape and difference to my eyes. Ugly or not.

Every skirt and pants were vandalize with no mercy as two have their other eyes plucked out. Three of them either have their arms or legs loose as more stuffing were scattered and soaked on dirty water. His warning send my mind, clouded with anger and fear.

These dolls were good to me. He made a promise that my dolls will all be in good care!

So what was Ox doing while I was gone?!

"No..."

No, Lou... No more... You don't have to feel guilty over something that bunny failed to accomplished. I pulled myself together, more pissed than ever as I twist my body and aimlessly kick his jaw, enough to get him to yelp in pain and drop me for a free way. I quickly finish it off by jumping in circles from different places and hang the thread I'm gripping on before tying up the end string from a pulley with a 1000kg iron weight.

"Guess what, alpha..." I called out as I swing close to the iron weight and used the last strength of my kick and push it off from the fire escape stairs.

"They're not mine..."

...YOU. DON'T. NEED. TO. CARE...

With that, they were all lifted by the thread. Half the dogs got stuck while the smaller ones were spring back to their base. The leader had his eyes widen before looking down at me, glaring. I only returned the reaction as I clenched my fists. They don't belong to me anymore. They all left me either way...

"Who... are you..."

"The name's Lou..."

...So what's the difference if I mourned on their ends? Ox disrupted the system, and I tried my best to fix it. Those little sockpuppets ruined me and my teachings, along with the inexperience and pathetic lesson of 'love and compassion'. In this world, it will just fade away into memories.

Love and compassion are just a temporary solution as a form of a defense mechanism... My teachings ARE worth training for...

"Lou... The one who send those humans behind bars... I will remember you..." He clawed out the yarn and let himself free before giving me a warning with his sharp teeth and glare as he ran off, leaving his troops in my strings.

Some leader he is...

I only put my hood up as I look down, clenching hard in my chest as I breathe heavily, but not noticing another dog behind me that manage to salvage himself in my trap. Though, I noticed it's shadow, another figure also appeared in the picture before hearing a loud slam behind me.

I didn't bother to turn back and slowly let myself fall on the floor, as lifeless as all the dolls while gathering my breathing steadily. "Lou, sugar! Are you alright?!"

"Mackenna, bring me back to Cynthia..." I lowly commanded before she lift me in her back and start to fly out of the dark alley. I need her. She knows what to do to remove this heavy feeling inside me...

"But she might have already realize that you are actually a living doll!" I only turned back at the dolls I used to own. I can't save all of them. I just need to learn how to let them go. But who would teach me how...

"She's still a kid. I think I put her enough in danger for her mind to visualize that..."

Walking around the place she fears, then get attack right on the spot by a bunch of beasts. She doesn't have to know that I'm alive. A lot of cases of humans misunderstanding their dolls actually talking is common. Especially if there's this one particular situation when they needed company. Knowing that kids have wild imaginations...

For them...

For her...

"... this is all a big nightmare..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.5K 1K 19
I wanted to do a story based on the Uglydolls movie
66.8K 1.2K 64
"สแดแดœส€ สœแด€ษชส€ ษชs แดกษชษดแด›แด‡ส€ า“ษชส€แด‡, แดŠแด€ษดแดœแด€ส€ส แด‡แดส™แด‡ส€s, แดส สœแด‡แด€ส€แด› ส™แดœส€ษดs แด›สœแด‡ส€แด‡ แด›แดแด"
125K 2.3K 33
๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜† ๐—จ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜… ๐—ฅ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—–๐—ข๐— ๐—ฃ๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—ง๐—˜ โœ”๏ธŽ ๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ - ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฎ๐˜๐—ต ๐— ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฐ๐—ต ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿญ ๐—–๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ - ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿต๐˜๐—ต ๐——๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ฏ๏ฟฝ...