Once Shinobi, Now Hero

By yaboyassassin

Kakashi felt rage. It wasn't simply anger filling his body. His body was shaking almost as if trying to stop... More

Chapter 1: New World
Chapter 2: Deception
Chapter 3: Questionable Decisions
Chapter 4: Truth of A "Hero"
Chapter 5: Longed Test
Chapter 6: Vs Class 1-A!
Chapter 7: Vs Bakugo
Chapter 8: Vs Todoroki!
Chapter 9: Rush
Chapter 10: Preperation and Recovery
Chapter 11: Intern under a pro
Chapter 12: Disaster in Hosu
Chapter 13: Stroke of Lightning
Chapter 14: Kakashi vs Kakkō
Chapter 15: Battle Damage
Chapter 16: Disaster Post Hosu
Chapter 17: Different Shades of Heroism
Chapter 18: Fateful Meetings
Chapter 19: Unpleasant Reflection
Chapter 20: Looming Foreshadow
Chapter 21: Choices
Chapter 22: Continued Steps
Chapter 23: A Gentle Tragedy
Chapter 24: New Revelations
Author's Note
Chapter 25: Blooming Questions
Chapter 26: Explosive Exit
Chapter 28: Escape

Chapter 27: Intense Revelations

624 43 10
By yaboyassassin

Within the dim lights of a Tv screen, Rin worked tirelessly to be of use. Even though she owed nothing, she felt a sense of duty to help as much as she could. She was a field medic, and as such she had been given the responsibility to heal the injured any way she could no matter what. It filled her with responsibility. It made her grow up.

So when she was told about Shinso's mother from him, she knew what she had to do.

She had already inserted chakra into the woman. Checking on all the important things first like vitals and body temperature. Her vitals were fine, her temperature, however, was a problem. It was hot. More than it should be capable of being naturally. It should be effecting her vitals. Since it wasn't, she was stumped to figure out the disease that could be causing it. A simple cold was not the answer, nor was the flu.

I find it hard to believe. She thought. She should be in the hospital right now. Not stuck in this room, slowly dying away. It's not killing her, but she isn't eating so she'll die from whatever is affecting her or starvation. I have the tools but...

She wasn't alone in the room. Shinso was watching her. It didn't feel like he didn't trust her, but she wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. They haven't known one another for a long time. She'd met plenty of people she healed that were like that.

Feeling as what she gained so far was what she would know without serious testing with equipment, she recalled her chakra and took her hand off his mother's forehead. She could only carry equipment that could save lives. Things she could perform emergency surgery with. To diagnose a problem that came from disease would take blood testing and all sorts of other things.

"So?" He asked, a small tone of worry. "What do you think?"

She sighed, unsure of how to explain what she could gather. "She's... ok. She'll live, but I can't know what's affecting her without the proper equipment. The best I can do now is set her up on IV. It'll help her get better. She might even be able to get out of bed."

Her eyes narrow at the sleeping woman. Those sunken cheeks scare me still. Whatever she's sick with is eating away at her. He didn't make it seem like she hasn't been eating at all.

"That's fine." He said. "Thanks, Nohara-San. When are we able to set her up on the IV?"

"I can do it now, but I'll need a bit more space." The looks around the cluttered room, filled with clothes and old food boxes. "Spring cleaning is right around the corner, right?"

Shinso sighed in a way that clearly showed he didn't want to do it. "I'll go and get the broom."

X

Kakashi knew who this was in front of him, collected from memories he knew that wasn't his own. Midoriya—that's where the memory had come from. Kakashi had nearly forgotten the fact that he took those memories for himself. Unlike how most would probably feel going against the third strongest hero in all of Japan, he now knew exactly where he was, he didn't feel a thing. He knew what this man could do because some idiot came up with the idea of showing off their abilities to just anyone that would search up their name. Part of him wished for more of a challenge. He wanted to test the limits he could now achieve with a body that was allowed to rest, but he supposed this wasn't too bad. He'd kill this hero here and test out his ability later.

With such over saturation finding a hero would be easy enough. Right now, his urge to get this over with was high. He was tired of dealing with these people and their inane thoughts. Thinking they knew him, thinking the could control him, and worst of all thinking that they could understand him.

The man before him believed that he understood him. He wouldn't live to tell others of this grave mistake.

"Back where I belong, huh." In that second, Lightning filled his palm, and the cackle of a thousand birds stained the air. "I'll make this quick."

The man grimaced and his wings flapped hard, pushing him away from the opening in the wall.

"I know your technique, it won't work!" Feathers from his wings separated with impressive speed and shot toward the hole.

Kakashi opened his left eye and jumped at the man. "Chidori!"

The feathers drew blood as the sliced small part of his skin during his mad dash, but that wouldn't be enough to stop him. The man seemed to realize this, his eyes widening as Kakashi's hand dove into his stomach. He coughed up blood as his eyes rolled in the back of his head, and he seemed to lose control of his Quirk as they dove through the air uncontrollably before diving through a glass window and into an office building.

A wooden desk broke their fall and the floor jumped from the force of the fall.

Kakashi forced his hand out before it could get too stuck between the muscles and organs he dove through, and turned around to face the hole in the glass he'd made.

"I killed him too early. I should've gotten intel."

His sensitive ears picked up minute rumbling seconds before large wooden branches covered the windows all around him. Sunlight barely broke through the cracks in the branches. For a second, he raised a brow, wondering if they were being serious in trying to capture him. The cracks were too inviting to ignore. A thought that it might be a trap came and went quickly. The thought that they could trap him could make him laugh if he wasn't him.

He raised his hands to his chest. Serpent, Ram, Monkey, Boar, Horse, Tiger!

Fire bursted through the side of the building as if a bomb had went off, shredding through the layers of wood and glass. Kakashi let no time waste as he leapt from the opening and began sliding down the side of the building. Wind slapped against him harshly, but he was able to keep himself steady using his Sharingan to see.

The ground beneath him broke apart from the weight of his fall. He was unscathed, chakra breaking his fall. The dust began to settle, and he could see the silhouettes of many people. About a hundred if he counted correctly. The dust finally settled and he realized that more were around him. Some behind vehicles and other cover and others inside nearby buildings. A little more than a hundred then.

"This is your first warning! Kakashi Hatake, drop to your knees and put your hands behind your back. Comply or we will use lethal force!"

The voice was booming, likely from that megaphone he was carrying.

Kakashi only took a moment to stare at them before bringing a finger locked in a seal in front of him.

"Don't move!" The man yelled.

Kakashi could hear the shuffling of the heroes and police alike in front of him. He could hear their heart rates and smell the nervous sweat coming from them.

"How can I follow your orders when they contradict each other?"

"Put your hand down, now!"

"That's fine." Slowly, he let his hand fall to his side. "I've already signaled the League."

"The what?"

Kakashi Body Flickered away from the scene just as an explosion went off.

XxX

Dabi smirked hearing the screams and cries from hero and police alike. The flame on his hand simmered and went out.

"Good job, Dabi. You got rid of a lot of them."

Dabi looked toward one of the men he was leading, his smirk ever present. "That's just act one. The brat lead them to our spot good. Never thought I'd have a chance to blow up a gas station."

The sound of buzzing and the sensation of a vibration tickled his leg. He reached into his pocket for his phone and flipped it open.

"Yea, what?"

"You're position has been compromised! Move!"

Dabi froze briefly, confused at what he was hearing until the sound of something whooshing through the air caught his ear. He turned around, seeing a man with whale-like features in the air, aiming a fist at him. He snapped himself out of his daze and leapt out of the way as the man smashed into the ground where he just stood. The ground erupted, clouding his vision with dust and debris.

"Gang Orca, huh? I didn't expect him to be here." Dabi thought with a grin. "Here." He said, tossing his phone toward one of his men. The man fumbled with it but was able to avoid dropping it. "Bring the guys to my location."

The debris began to settle as fire danced in his palms.

XxX

"That guy is truly a monster."

Tomura smirked, but acknowledged that fact. The carnage around him forced him to, he had no other choice. Blood was on every hallway, staining the floor and walls, and sometimes, even the ceiling. Bodies piled atop one another, one after the other. There were times where he had to shove over and step over piles of dismembered and disfigured bodies to get to the next floor.

"You aren't wrong, Kurogiri. He's one of the final bosses, there's no doubting that."

As he ran along the hallway, Kurogiri ran alongside him.

"Still, he's providing us the cover we need to get Blade." Tomura said. "That's enough for me, for now at least. He'll become a problem later, so we'll kill him when the time comes."

"Stop, we're here."

They stopped in front of a door that would be easy for anyone to miss. It was the same color as the wall, and had nothing like a doorknob to distinguish itself.

"This should be it. From the layout that women provided, this should be the freezer." Kurogiri supplied.

His grin widened as he placed his hand on the door. "Well, now, let's just see." He activated his quirk and the door immediately caved, disintegrating on contact. His Quirk had finally subsided when the hole was big enough that even his Nomu could fit through it with no problem.

He chuckled in glee as the cold air touched his cheeks. That woman really was a good member after all. A body storage, with only one of the freezers being in use. He took his first step toward his plan, glad that things were finally going his way. Metal groaned and he froze, and looked up.

"What was that?" He wondered aloud.

Something snapped, but he could feel it this time. The feeling shook the whole floor he was on, and he could feel it deep in his bones.

The ceiling above him dented from another loud sound.

"Tomura, move!" Kurogiri tackled him to the ground, leaving just enough room to avoid being trapped under rubble as the ceiling caved into itself and nearly crushed them.

"What the hell?"

At first he hadn't been able to see because of the debris flying everywhere, but when it began to clear he faced something gigantic but all he could see was the gigantic eye glaring at him.

"A giant lizard?" Tomura said, in shock. The lizard opened its huge jaws and the inside of its throat began getting red as the temperature in the room rose.

"It's the Dragon Hero: Ryukyu!" Kurogiri yelled as fire erupted within the dragon's mouth.

"What?" Black mist began to spread, a sign that Kurogiri was about to use his quirk. "When could she shoot fire?" Fire spewed from the dragon's mouth and came inches away from his face before he reappeared behind the dragon.

"Attack her, now!"

With glee, Tomura ran forward with his arm extended, ready to unleash his Quirk. His eyes widened as the dragon easily broke through the reinforced metal walls like paper and swung its tail at him as it turned. The air in his lungs left in a heap and he felt his body hit against another body before he was launched through the wall.

She destroyed the entire floor with one move. That meant one thing. As he fell through the air, falling to the ground at incredible speeds, he frantically looked at all the falling debris around him. If she destroyed the whole floor than that meant that she destroyed the body as well.

Nothing was above him or beside him, so he looked down and immediately saw the cabinet like freezer the size of a body, still light up despite it being disconnected from power. His eyes immediately went to his subordinate who was falling to the ground near him, but spreading mist in order to use his Quirk.

"Don't use it on me, idiot! The freezer! Get it first!"

Kurogiri made a small sound of protest, but obeyed without further question. He warped himself to the freezer and teleported it to another location before doing the same to him, but this time dragging himself along as well.

He landed on his back atop a nearby rooftop a couple blocks away.

"Dammit, Kurogiri." He growled.

"I apologize, Tomura Shiguraki. It was difficult to control your speed at such a falling speed." The warp gate user said, dragging the mist back into his body.

"Took you two long enough. Stay on schedule."

Not that damned voice. Grimacing, he stood to his feet and dusted himself off as La Brava walked forward to them.

"It's more difficult than you think, girl."

"I don't care." She eyed the freezer for a brief second. "Bring the thing to our base. I need to connect it electricity before it runs out. If the body starts decomposing, your little plan might not work."

"Tch, annoying," Tomura muttered. "Kurogiri, do as she says. I'm staying here."

The man paused at what he said and only stared for a bit. But he said nothing more and black mist began spreading about once more.

"Please be careful, Tomura Shiguraki."

"Yea, yea whatever." He went to the edge of the building, and in the distance, watched as Ryukyu hung off the side of the building and let out a loud roar. "I'm staying to watch the show."

XxX

Kakashi hadn't thought anything in this world could surprise him anymore, but the dragon currently scaling the building glaring daggers at him surely did the trick. He knew it was Ryukyu but how was she moving after injuries like that? And when could she get this big?

The thing opened it's huge jaws and sent a wave a fire that encompassed the entire top half of the building. He formed his hand to a seal and disappeared from sight in a puff of smoke. The wave of fire soared into the sky above and fizzled out into smoke.

Atop the building, looking from behind one of the many ventilators ducts, Kakashi kept eyes on the dragon. It thrashed around with no clear goal. It just smashed everything in its path. Ryukyu was smart. That meant that she wasn't in control of her actions. Nothing more than a wild animal.

Lightning sparked within his palm as he narrowed his left eye, minutely stepping out from his cover. He'd end this quickly.

A droplet of rain hit his covered cheek and he froze, and looked up. Dark clouds had formed above and lightning flashed within the clouds. Suddenly, he felt a tingle in his back and turned around, watching in muted surprise as the building began to shake. Parts of the building began to collapse and hit the streets below, destroying cars, streetlights, and other nearby buildings.

Is the building coming down? Kakashi questioned internally.

The air in front of him heated up, and he looked up to find a wave of fire rushing toward him, destroying everything atop the roof in its path. He turned and ran as hard as he could, and leapt off the edge of the building. At the last second, he latched onto the edge with his hand, using chakra to reinforce it and hit the side of the building as the wave of flames passed overhead.

The building groaned and crackled as more parts of it began to collapse. Kakashi's heart rate picked up when the building began to tilt toward him. He forced his feet onto the side of the building with chakra. If he it was going to fall this way then he needed to move.

"Chidori!"

Lightning sparked in his right palm once more as he aimed to impale himself through the thick wall.

The building began to fall back and as Kakashi aimed to thrust forward a woman grew to monstrous height and grabbed onto the building itself to keep it from falling. Her hand landed so close to him that she almost crushed him. He turned around to look at who it was and she stared right back.

Mt. Lady. He thought.

"He's here! I've got eyes on him!" Her voice boomed across the city.

He felt like covering his ears, the noise much too loud, and his ears too sensitive. His Chidori fizzled out and he let go of his hold on the building, letting himself free fall. He planned to shut down the power by frying the building using natural lightning but with Ryukyu going wild up there he saw fit to discontinue the plan.

Wooden branches broke out and struck the critical parts of the building that had collapsed. It drove itself within cracks, lifted and supported floors and kept the building from furthers falling by locking around it in a heap. It looked like a part of the woods that's get overgrown.

He reached into his pouch and pulled out a Kunai and ninja wire that was barely visible. He drew his arm back and threw it into the side of the building. His aim was perfect and he latched onto it and was able to slow his descent into a crawl.

He landed feet first on the street below, now filled with fallen debris and more heroes than he'd ever seen in one place. They stared back at him, some fearful, and others determined. Swords, knives, guns, cannons, and spiked fists were just some of the weapons that a bunch of the heroes pulled out. Others had quirks that altered a part of their body. None of it would matter in the long run.

"Freeze!"

Kakashi stopped, he knew that voice. He turned around and saw the detective he thought would be smart enough to run away. His hair was a disheveled mess with loose hair sticking up. His face was covered in sweat and his body shook with exhaustion as he desperately sucked air into his lungs.

"You, huh?"

"Stop this! Put your hands up!"

Kakashi barely held from rolling his eyes. This... again?

"When has that ever worked on me?"

The ground beneath Kakashi's feet cracked as he prepared to leap at the detective to finish it. Then, suddenly, the ground behind him exploded and shook so fiercely that it forced him to the ground. He forced chakra into his arms and legs, trying desperately to cling onto the ground so he wouldn't fall over. It felt like an earthquake. The ground was rumbling so hard that nearby buildings began to shake as well.

Something caused that. He was sure of it. His ears had picked up the sound of a breath just before the explosion went off. He turned to face whatever or whoever had done it but dust and smoke clouded his vision and filled his nose. Breathing became harder, but he refused to budge. He'd only move once he confirmed his target's position.

Slowly, the dust began to settle and evaporate. Kakashi first saw the huge silhouette of a man. Kakashi's eyes throbbed, and he nearly grabbed at it but refrained. He'd show no weakness. Not even to the number one hero himself.

The dust had finally settled, and he laid his eyes on a All Might that was not smiling. His face held sadness and his lips were drawn in a thin line. His body twitched rapidly. It looked like he was forcing himself through something horrible.

"So," he started when he noticed the Pro Hero wouldn't speak, "You've come for me, too, huh?"

The look he gave Kakashi was intense, filled with emotion that Kakashi hadn't known the eccentric man to display. Though, it wasn't like he knew the man well. He only had memories that weren't even his in the first place. But he could feel the power the man held. It far exceeded any of which he's faced before.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

382K 11.8K 31
The bandages that covered his face in life have fallen away, all incinerated and hanging loosely around his neck. His face is completely destroyed. U...
675K 22.6K 50
ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ It was a normal Friday, at least that's what Katsuki thought. After a villain attack, he had to stay in school longer than necessary. The sun...
704K 26.7K 30
•Rankings• #1 in todobakudeku #1 in tododeku #1 in myheroacademia ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Izuku Midoriya get's stuck in the UA dorms over summer bre...
7.8K 458 20
"Shouto holds his hand out, catching a bit of the sun in his palm. His skin is glowy in the golden lighting, and he squeezes his fist closed. It make...