I have waited a thousand year...

By ilikewrittingfanfics

Fiona Margaret Swan is Bella's twin sister. When Renee and Charlie got divorced she stayed behind with her fa... More

There was before you, and it was dark.
Reincarnation of the soul
History class
Close to death.
Vampires
A Christmas day
Trouble at our door
The sky is getting darker
The chaos begins
Getting used to change
Enjoying it while it lasts
What dreams are made of.
The day before catastrophe
Isabella gets to school
Oh, no.
We'll get through this.
Only the beginning
You aren't my sister
Playing with fire will get you burnt
Beach, bitch
I can't hold back for much longer.
Heartache and Hidden Desires
Tempest of Books: Unraveling Sisterhood
I have waited a thousand years for you.

A perfect life

1.8K 34 0
By ilikewrittingfanfics

Jasper's car was waiting outside Margaret's house, the skies grey and threatening. She got to the passenger's door but was cut off when Jasper opened the door for her.

"Why thank you!" She exclaimed with laughter, the blush never leaving her face, partly because of the cold. The door closed after her as she got in, a second later Jasper was clicking his seat belt and driving away from her house.

"Do you like the rain?" Jasper asked as he peeked at the sky.

"I do." Margaret nodded, "I wouldn't particularly love it now," She added, "but I like the rain. Writing on my desk with a warm cup of chocolate and the rain outside," she drifted, "it's very soothing." She concluded. "I like it outside too, don't get me wrong, lying down on a grassy hill as the rain falls on you is quite comforting." She added, Jasper grinned, something he would always love about Margaret would be the easiness of talking with her about anything and everything.

"It's wonderful," Jasper hummed, more to himself than anything else.

"What is? The rain?" Margaret inquired, searching his face, memorizing for he looked, one hand on the wheel, his arm straight and strong under his shirt, his face firm and perfect, that slight smile on it.

"Besides that," the bars and shops from the center of the town began disappearing, getting replaced by trees and greenery. "I find it amazing how you see good in everything. How you can be optimistic even about a little rain." His voice rang through the car like the loveliest melody.

"There's good in everything, we just have to look at it close enough to notice it." She commented.

"Who said that?" Jasper looked at her, admiration in his eyes.

"I did." Margaret's eyes sparkled like they usually did, her smile lifting her rosy cheeks. For a split second Jasper's mouth twisted. "What is it?" Margaret's voice was filled with concern, she didn't want to ruin this beautiful day they had got going.

"You know, I've thought of it since the day I was turned, but I've never seen the good in a life like this." His free hand signaled to himself, and Margaret could feel his guilt and regret. Without hesitation, her hand reached for his free one and squeezed it. Jasper's teeth shone with his smile. The car came to a halt, waking them from their trance and halting their conversation. Quick as light Jasper opened her door and helped her out. Margaret was led to a beautiful clearing with blooming flowers and green grass. A blanket was laid on the ground and Jasper sat next to her, admiring how she bent over the towering flowers, smelt them, and picked some.

They stayed there for a few hours, Jasper had brought A Midsummer Night's Dream and was reading it aloud, his Texan accent dripping from his voice and enchanting Maggie. She had laid on her belly and was playing with the flowers in her hands, Jasper laying on his side, proved on his elbow, mostly speaking the lines off by heart as he admired Margaret. He paused and watched her.

"Why did you stop?" She whined softly, her hair flying with the breeze. A flash of white caught her eye and she gazed down at the blanket to find a snowflake, already melting. Then she gazed up, admiring the falling snow.

"I think I found it." Jasper breathed, his beaming expression shining through the grey skies. Margaret struggled and sat up, looking down at Jasper.

"Found what?" Margaret replied, snowflakes sticking to her hair and eyelashes.

"The good in my life." Jasper's eyes shone, looking right at her, their souls chaining themselves with one glance. "It's you." Barely a breath to which Margaret didn't know how to respond, She simply looked at him, her heart heavy with love and joy, snow falling around them. Almost at the same time, Margaret's eyes and Jasper's fell on each other's lips, but none dared move an inch. Jasper forced his eyes to meet hers, and this time, Margaret was sure she felt something pulling inside her, she lowered her face ever so slowly. Their lips brushed, both of them closing their eyes at the tingle. Jasper raised to meet her lips, and they met. The soft caress grew into a kiss. He felt her lips widen in a smile, their foreheads resting on each other's. When Maggie liked her lips she still tasted his sweet lips on hers, and Jasper thought he would love getting drunk on the taste of hers. After some seconds of quiet, Margaret hummed a giggle, her fingers brushing Jasper's cheek.

"What?" He asked, his voice uncertain, but still thick, his eyes dark and full of her.

"I love you, Jasper." Margaret laughed under her breath, almost not understanding how, but she did. It had all happened so fast, but it was what her heart told her, and after today, she couldn't deny it any longer. The feeling that she had known him forever never faded, their relationship only grew stronger and blossomed into a beautiful love they shared, never tiring of each other's company or conversation.

"And I love you, Margaret Swan." He breathed, their lips meeting in a quick kiss before he stood. Margaret took note of how the snow had fallen on his hair like a light halo, shining in the light. "Come, I wouldn't want to get on the Chief's bad side." Margaret watched him for some time before she took his hand and stood beside him.

The ride back was over all too soon, and Margaret stayed in the car for a few more minutes after seeing her father's car in the driveway. Eventually, Jasper walked her to the door and stole a quick kiss before her father opened the door.

"Ah, you're back already," Charlie stated, not missing the bright smile his daughter wore on her face.

"We had a lovely time pops," Margaret assured her father, he nodded, eying the boy on his doorstep.

"I'll see you soon, Maggie," Jasper said hopefully, Maggie agreed and they hugged for a few seconds, neither wanting to let go.

"Don't be a stranger, Jasper," Charlie called as the boy walked back to his car. "Thursdays are baseball days here," he trailed on, "and you're always welcome." He concluded, his hands signaled towards the house.

"Thanks, Mr. Swan, I'll take you up on that," Jasper announced with a bright smile. Margaret and her father watched the car drive away before going inside.

"You look, happy, Maggie." Charlie had his hands in his jeans pockets and rocked back and forth in his heels. The sound of clattering keys echoed as Margaret left her stuff by the front door. "Did he treat you right?" He inquired.

"If you're asking if he held doors open for me, pops, he did." Margaret laughed. "Dad, I had a wonderful time." She held her father, her smile truthful and wide.

"Do you love him?" Charlie pressed on.

"I do, pops," She said in an instant, with no room for doubts. "But, you're still my favorite." She teased, poking him in his chest and earning a soft laugh from him.

Margaret spent the rest of the school year going to the Cullen's house or having Jasper over. Some people at school thought it was weird how they were always together, during class, lunch, and free periods. They were practically joined at the hip. If Margaret wasn't with Jasper she was with one of his siblings, except Edward, who mostly kept to himself. Paul also took notice of this, and he wasn't exactly thrilled. One day, when Margaret was visiting Emily during spring break everything went wrong.

Margaret had just spent the day with Jasper, he had been teaching her piano after she repeatedly insisted. She had baked easter cookies and decided to leave some at the Reservation for Emily and the boys. Margaret tried calling Paul to tell him she was coming over, but he wouldn't pick up the phone. Luckily, when she knocked on the door Emily opened it with a wide smile.

"Maggs!" She exclaimed as she pulled her in for a hug. "It's been too long!" She scolded her as they both went in.

"It's been barely a month! But before you lecture me I'd like to inform you that I brought easter cookies, and the boys don't know yet..." She hummed restlessly, placing the container on her kitchen counter.

"I'll have to forgive you then!" Emily concluded, grabbing a cookie and biting into it. From the outside, incoherent voices were mixing and approaching. Through the window, Margaret distinguished Sam, Paul, and Jacob. Margaret stood contently and went to go outside through the kitchen door. As she left she heard Emily calling her in a hushed tone.

"Maggie! Maggs get back here!" But it was to no use, in her mind she was just over the moon to see Paul again, they had hung out a couple of times, but lately, he had been very busy and they had almost no time to catch up.

"Paul!" She called, her hand waving frantically through the air. Maggie ran to where the boys were and hugged them each.

"Jacob you've grown since I last saw you!" She said in amazement. The boy was indeed taller than she was, but still thin and with a boyish look on his face. Not like Paul, who had grown in length and width. He was taller and well-built, his hair had been cut short and his back tattooed.

"I'll wait inside," Sam informed after saying goodbye, "Jacob!" He yelled after having walked away, too and the boy followed.

Margaret looked at Paul expectantly, but he said nothing. His mouth was closed tightly in a thin line and his eyes were practically squinting at her.

"I brought cookies if you want some," She informed him, pointing back at the house, Paul shot his eyes fiercely toward her.

"Did your Cullen boy help you make them?" He spat. Margaret was taken aback, this wasn't like Paul.

"His name is Jasper, Paul, and no, I baked them for you guys." She stated, her brows furrowed.

"Why don't you go back to them? Since you're such good friends?" He pressed on, Margaret had had enough, she crossed her arms over her chest and stood calmly.

"I'm sorry Paul, but just because we've been friends since childhood does not mean you get to talk trash about my boyfriend and his family. The Cullens have done nothing to you or me so I think you should-" She was cut off from her sentence when her eyes met his, his face was red and he was breathing rapidly.

"He's your boyfriend?" He said in a calm voice. "You should stay away, from them, and us," Paul stated, his face still boiling and his bones cracking.

"Paul I think you need to lie down a bit..." She whispered her voice shaky. The boy only breathed heavier and faster, from behind her Jacob, Sam and Emily rushed towards her. She stumbled backward, falling on her back just when Paul disappeared, transforming into a ginormous grey wolf. He growled, his ears pulled back, but when his eyes fell on hers he whimpered at her frightened face and ran away. Sam ran after the wolf, jumping into the air and falling back as a wolf too.

"Jacob help her stand, let's get her inside." Emily was fussing over her, but Margaret couldn't comprehend. She felt Jacob's hands helping her stand and walking her back to the house.

She had to sit down for a few minutes, listening to Jacob and Emily talk over and over, trying desperately to explain the situation. Margaret wasn't as shocked as she had been when Jasper had told him he was a vampire, but it was too much. She had enough of knowing that vampires ran around feeding on humans to add on top of that werewolves. She went back home, took a long revitalizing Shower, and slept through it.

Back at home, Charlie and Jasper got along perfectly well, they would all watch baseball together and it became some sort of habit for Thursdays to be Swan's Day, as Emmett called them. Jasper would drive Maggie to school and drop her off at her house, where they would do homework and chat until the match was on. To anyone else, it may have seemed like a normal life, nothing too interesting, except, of course, the fact that the Cullens were vampires. But Margaret loved her life just like it was, school became less of a torture and she looked forward to her lectures, knowing she had friends in every class. Sometimes, when she hung out with the Cullens they would have their little baseball matches, and she would referee. She offered herself once, seeing that Emmett was, clearly cheating, and sided with Esme to take them down. Now it was kind of a tradition for the two of them to supervise the games.

The semester was almost over, and as class president, she had the task of organizing the Sophomore prom. Margaret was sitting in the kitchen, the table plagued with photo albums, printed photos, and her laptop. Jasper popped in from behind, handing her a mug of hot chocolate.

"Ah, thank you." She sighed, rubbing her eyes. Jasper hummed with his wide smile and planted a quick kiss on her lips.

"How's it coming along?" He asked her, leaning back against the counter.

"It's going," She answered with a sigh. Her hands wrapped around her mug, absorbing its warmth. "I've already crossed out half of the themes I had in mind." She explained after a sip, her hands traveling along the papers. Another sip of the hot liquid sent calm waves through her, that, and probably Jasper, she gave him a thankful glance and muttered a thank you when her phone began ringing. "Shoot." She cursed, moving papers and photos trying to find her phone. When she finally did she froze as she read the name she had dreaded seeing.

Isabella

Jasper knew of her situation with her sister and sat beside Margaret, somehow reminding her that he would be here with her throughout the whole thing. So Margaret picked up the call, putting it on speaker.

"Hello, Bella." Margaret suspired, shaking off the last of her nerves and going back to the albums.

"Fiona? Is that you?" Isabella asked awkwardly. Maggie had sent her letter after letter since her last call at the beginning of the year, all signed as Maggie or Margaret, even in her emails and texts.

"Yes, this is Margaret." Her voice came out a little harsh and bitter, but she carried on sorting out papers, tearing photos of themes se discarded, and throwing them in a plastic bag by her feet.

"Yeah, so..." Her sister's voice dragged on through the line. "I was just wondering if I need to pack anything for my room there."

"No need, I already got you new bedsheets and a comforter," Margaret replied dryly, Jasper's hands falling on her knee. He knew of course, how she had practically begged Rosalie and Alice to accompany her to choose some things for her sister's room, even if they hadn't gone yet. It was scheduled for later that week.

"Oh, nice." Bella answered, then quickly added, "You picked them purple right?" Maggie sighed softly.

"Yeah, I did." She had reached for a notepad and scribbled quickly.

Purple bedsheets & comforter.

"Good. We still have one bathroom right?" She asked again.

"Yes, Bella, one bathroom," Margaret repeated her tone bordered with slight annoyance.

"Hmm, I thought you would've added another one, knowing I was coming." She mumbled in disappointment. Margaret's face was contorted in amazement.

"What?" She scoffed at the phone, not believing her sister.

"How's my room looking?" Isabella intercepted. "You didn't swap rooms, did you?" She asked hopefully.

"No Bella, I didn't." Jasper felt the sadness within Margaret. And he pitied her, no one should have to put through with this kind of behavior, sister or not.

"Yeah, I thought so." Bella sighed in defeat. "How about we swap, it could be your welcoming present to me!" She exclaimed excitedly.

"I can't, I need the space." Margaret explained, "I have my cheering trophies and my yoga equipment..." She continued as Bella huffed sonorously.

"Ugh, do you need to keep all of those? What does it matter?" Her sister whined. "Besides, it's not like you're going to get much out of cheering anyway." She snapped.

"Coach told me I could get a scholarship!" Margaret argued.

"Yeah, well, can't you keep those somewhere else? I want a bigger room." Isabella went on.

"Not happening." The table had been cleared of most papers. All the ideas that had been done before or were too cringy now lay torn and crinkled in the plastic bag. Margaret faced a few options, with a triumphant smile.

"Ugh, you're impossible!" Isabella argued. "I'll be there August 17th."

"Okay, I'll see you then." Margaret breathed and quickly added. "I love you Bell-" the sound of the call ending cut her off. She sighed, loosening her shoulders and raising her hands to her head.

"Well, she sounds delightful," Jasper said sarcastically, his comforting smile warm and welcoming. "Now I can't wait to meet her." Margaret laughed softly.

"Yeah, you're gonna have to promise me you won't tear her head off when you do." She added.

"Oh come on! Surely you get the idea from time to time?" Jasper laughs softly.

"Even if I do, I haven't acted upon it yet." She tilted her head to the side with a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.

"You know, for a moment, when you told me about the stairs incident I didn't quite think she'd be capable of such a thing, but now if very certain she is," Jasper confessed, referring to an anecdote Margaret had shared with him a few months back.

Margaret had been climbing the tree in their backyard and fell on her wrist, spraining it. She had to wear bandages and received a lot of attention from her worried and fussing father. When Bella got home for the Easter holidays and witnessed the events she threw herself off the stairs. She didn't have anything too serious, just some bruises here and there, but no sprains or broken bones. Her sister and father were worried sick until the doctors assured them she was fine. That was five years ago, and it seemed she hadn't changed one bit.

"Well, it's my reality." Margaret sighed. The sound of the front door opening caught their attention. In came Charlie with a plastic bag filled with Chinese takeout.

"Hey, Maggs!" Her father called from the entrance.

"In the kitchen!" Her father dropped the keys and his coat by the front door and made his way there.

"I brought Chinese to boost your energy." He started entering the kitchen, and when he looked up his mouth lifted slightly. "Hey, Jasper." He greeted. "You staying over?" He asked looking down at the food, his feeling of regret getting to Jasper, probably as he hadn't counted him in for dinner.

"No sir," Jasper admitted with a smile. "I promised my parents I'd help with dinner." He said honestly. "I just wanted to keep Maggie company till you arrived." He concluded, standing up.

"Ah, well thanks, son." Charlie nodded, shaking the boy's hand. "Appreciate it." The chief said, his voice cool. He eyed his daughter who stood leaving her empty cup of hot chocolate in the sink.

"I'll see Jasper out pops," She informed and he nodded.

Charlie began taking put plates and preparing their dinner as Margaret walked outside of the kitchen with Jasper behind her. They stood in her driveway for a few minutes.

"Tomorrow's hunting day," she said, catching Jasper's attention.

"It is." He replied, her hands in his.

"You'll come by later?" She pondered, hope dancing in her voice.

"As always." It was more of a promise than an answer, and Maggie loved that.

"Great," she finalized, gifting him with that shining smile that he loved so much. His hand cupped her cheek and he kissed her softly, a plain peck on her lips, that meant the world to her.

"I'll see you tomorrow," he assured her.

"Do remind Alice and Rosalie that Saturday is shopping day." She practically begged him, and he nodded.

"Will do, I love you." With one last kiss, he walked away. Their hands slowly drop and let go. Somehow every time they parted it seemed hard to do, even though they knew that it wasn't a goodbye, the feeling was bittersweet and strange. Jasper walked into his car and drove away slowly, taking in every last second of her as he drove past her. He watched her getting smaller in his car mirror until he couldn't see her anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

847K 19.3K 81
Emily Swan never really seemed to fit in anywhere she went. She only ever found herself feeling complete when she was with her twin sister Bella. The...
621K 12.7K 31
Elena Swan is the younger fraternal twin sister of Bella Swan. Elena has always been close with her father Charlie so when Bella suggested they stay...
575K 12.7K 69
🚫 [ Warning: Slow Updates ] 🚫 Angelina Swan was forced to live with her uncle Charlie and Renee after her parents died. The relationship grew unwo...
889K 27.3K 48
B O O K O N E ; Christina Swan was the older sister to the infamous Bella Swan. The twenty-one year old was the reason that the two sisters were mov...