Love In Dark

By 37SpreadYourwings

Brandon Rodriguez, and another name of death and danger. Everyone fears him. He is a cold-hearted Mafia boss... More

prologue
part 1
characters
part 2
part 3
Part 4
part 5
part 6
Part 7
part 8
Note
Part 12
part 13
part 15

part 14

506 19 3
By 37SpreadYourwings

You never knew what love or even liking someone with all your heart!

But then there comes a moment when you start feeling butterflies which you always thought was stupid.

Those cold happy chills whenever you talked to this person were felt for the first time. You always just wondered what the hell butterflies in stomach meant but now you know this stupid thing as well.

You were totally unknown about what to do or how to. Still you gave your best shot without knowing if it's enough or too much to ask for.

The songs which sounded cringe and cheesy but now your feelings and heart seems to be dancing to those same lyrics.

That's what exactly Brandon and Claire we're going through. Sitting in a large mansion of his, Brandon was just thinking about Claire. Her eyes, her lips when she smiled slowly. Her soft cheeks when he touched them. Her taking a deep breath when he came a little closer to her, her everything made him crazy like hell 

He can't live away from her anymore. He wants her badly in his house, in his life and in his arms. And he is ready to kill anybody who came in his path. Whether it is from her family or from outside. He doesn't care. 

.

.

There was a strange kind of tension going on in Claire's family too. It was late in the night, Claire's parents went to Claire's room to talk to her. They can't take any decision without asking her state of mind or without asking her opinion. 

Today they are happy. Claire has taken some steps after days or should be saying after years. She went to meet the doctor herself, ThankGod they had hoped this time. 

Mathew got a better job opportunity, and even for dinner, Claire came downstairs to spend some time with her family. 

These were like getting ready for new life and taking to new steps slowly. They were shocked and surprised to admit but the coming of Brandon in their lives has indeed turned things for good. 

"Claire, My darling. Can we talk to you?" Mathew said coming inside her room. She was sitting in her bed, a half-lying position keeping her head on the head post. She had her eyes closed but they noticed something unusual. She was smiling in her thoughts. 

They looked at each other, Lauren nodded to him encouraging him to start the conversation. 

"Yes, Dad. Please come" Claire replies to them sitting straight in her position. They settled near her, her mother caressing her face lovingly. 

Her eyes brimmed with tears thinking about the possibility of her treatment. She would be able to see again, they would get her old happy daughter again. Her family's condition may get better. And everything is going to happen only because of one person. 

Brandon. 

"We are so happy to see you relax today." Mathew said to her. She smiled at her concern. She knew she had hurt them a lot, because of her condition and then because of her behaviour. But Brandon's words have made her realize that she was doing wrong with her family. 

Being happy, this is the only thing her family wants in return from her. At least she can do this for them. 

"I had a good day, I felt fresh in the Park. Fresh and calm breeze and I ate Ice Cream and then Brandon took me to some beautiful place...which I couldn't see ... .but he described it to me. And I liked that place." She told them about her outing. They heard her carefully. They smiled hearing her cheering for a long time. 

 Now they are getting more sure about Brandon's proposal. 

"And Dad, I'm happy about your new Job. Now you will enjoy your work like before. And please ask Ken to join college again." Claire said to her parents. Ken's study is the most important thing for Claire. 

"Yeah, that's what we were also thinking. He needs to continue his studies again." Mathew said. 

"Claire, we need to ask you something." Lauren said, holding her hand in her hand. She nodded indicating her to go on. 

"Brandon asked something today, and We are considering his proposal." Lauren said to her. Claire was listening to her carefully, she doesn't know anything about this conversation but doesn't know why her heart is getting faster like she has some idea about what this conversation is. 

"He said he likes you and wants to get married." Lauren told her, making her shocked. She was not expecting this. She has felt some kind of emotions, care and attraction to him. But marriage...that's huge. 

And how can she marry someone as good as him. She doesn't deserve him.

"What are you saying Mom?" She said with the fear in her voice. 

"There is no pressure on you, my sweetie. He is a good Man. In this small period of time, he has come closer to us. And most importantly, he cares for you. We have seen this clearly in his eyes, the way he adores you." She said to her. 

He adores you. 

He adores me. He likes me. 

Claire felt a different emotion in her heart. And she liked this feeling. Soon, her beautiful castle broke her thinking about her reality. Her face turned down. She took a deep breath.

"Mom, you are right. He is a good man. He has done a lot for us, but Mom, I'm no match to him. I don't deserve him." She replied and Lauren shook her head. 

"Who said this? My daughter is the best in this whole world. He will be the luckiest to get you in his life." Lauren said in her motherly love. For any mother and father, their children are the best in this world. But Claire is understanding the death of the situation. 

She is a broken girl, with disabilities. She is already fighting being the burden of her family. She doesn't want to be a burden on someone else. Brandon is a nice guy and she deserves better. 

"Mom thinks from his side too. Does he deserve this? Does he deserve my problem in his life.' She asked her. Lauren didn't say anything. 

"But He himself asked to marry you," Lauren said. She wants her daughter to be happy and after a long time, it seems to be happening with Brandon. 

"Mom no, please Dad. Don't talk on this topic." Claire said with her cracking voice but she controlled herself in front of her parents. She has decided to be strong for their happiness. 

Mathew gestures to Lauren to be quiet and leave this topic here for now. They don't want to pressure her. They nodded and left after kissing her forehead. 

Claire whipped her tears silently, she smiled sadly. She thought about their moment in the park, she remembered his care, his touch, his respect towards her family. Everything has touched her heart. But she can't be so selfish here, she knows who she is. 

"This feeling will go away soon," She said to herself. 

.

.

It's been a week since his confession in front of her family. He didn't hear anything back, only he knew how he was controlling himself from going to her house and getting her. 

"Boss, it's clear. We can go now." Fred said to Brandon, who was in deep thought. He was sitting in his car, thinking about Claire. He came to a hotel today to finalize a deal with other areas' heads. 

He went towards the private portion, where their meeting was going to happen. It was a secret meeting, So there were his men everywhere. 

"It's a deal, you will get the money soon." Brandon said, shaking his hands with the other man. But when he heard some sound from outside, he got suspicious. He gestures to Fred to go and check. 

There they found an intruder, Who was trying to run after getting caught. Brandon immediately understood he was from the rival group, who was trying to know about their deal to harm them. 

But now he has caught. And getting caught means...death. Brandon won't leave him. His death will be a lesson to his rivals. 

"I didn't hear anything, don't kill me please " he cried when Fred punched him. 

Brandon took his gun and shot him instantly. It shocked everyone there. Because they were in the public area, Brandon always took care of not coming in anyone's sight. 

But he was in a very bad mood, because of not getting what he wanted. He was getting frustrated due to the Claire thing, now this intruder. 

Fred quickly asked his men to clear everything before anyone saw them. But today was not the best day for Brandon. Someone did see them there, And he was none other but..Ken. 

He worked in that hotel, when he saw Brandon entering very privately. He got suspicious. He followed them. And he clearly saw him killing that man. 

By the environment there, he easily understood the situation and Brandon's work also.

"This criminal wants to marry my sister. My innocent sister. I won't let this happen. I need to tell this to Mom and Dad soon." Saying that he quietly escaped from there. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227 22 13
he loved her but she didnt he wanted to make her his nevertheless she hated the fact that he was now her husband how would she feel if the man of he...
141K 3.3K 55
He is a force to be reckoned with. A lift of his finger & people are beheaded in seconds. A word from him & the streets of NY are bathed in blood. An...
28.4K 1K 50
She is an innocent and beautiful girl. She has such nature that every person love her and every man would want her. Everything in her life was going...
69K 1.4K 40
Badass Mafia boss...wait...A badass female mafia boss Shady past led to a lot of connections and a very strong sense of respect from my peers. I buil...