and we scored

By amyhopeey

NINI I've spent the last years running away from my past. Now, I've finally found what I need. Friends. Coll... More

a playlist
Scene 1
Scene 2
Scene 3
Scene 4
Scene 5
Scene 6
Scene 7
Scene 8
Scene 9
Scene 10
Scene 11
Scene 12
Scene 13
Scene 15
Scene 16
Scene 17
Scene 18
Scene 19
Scene 20
Scene 21
Scene 22
Scene 23
Scene 24
Scene 25
Scene 26
Scene 27
Scene 28
Scene 29
Scene 30
Scene 31
Scene 32
Scene 33
Scene 34
Scene 35
Scene 36
Scene 37
Scene 38
Scene 39
Scene 40
Scene 41
Scene 42
Scene 43
Scene 44
Scene 45
Scene 46
Scene 47
Scene 48
Scene 49
Epilogue
Extended Epilogue
Author's Note
Sneak peek: 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“Œβ„― 𝒽𝒢𝓉ℯ𝒹

Scene 14

5K 139 49
By amyhopeey

NINI

If avoiding me would be an Olympic sport, Caden West would be the winner. He didn't show up at lunch in the cafeteria after he kissed me that day. He didn't show up for our rehearsals. Didn't text me. Didn't call me. It's like he makes everything in order for him to show me that our kiss was a mistake. Maybe it was. But I still can't stop thinking about it.

Which leaves me sitting on the couch in our living room three days later, 10 Things I Hate About You (only my favorite movie ever) playing in the background, cuddled with a blanket, wearing one of my comfy looks. A hoodie and a pair of sweatpants. I can't torture Soph with my whining since she's busy with Alec renovating a house. The guy bought her a freaking building as a present, for her to open herself her own art gallery. Talk about fine men. The two have been spending the whole summer turning the place to Soph's liking. My bestie asked me if I would like to go with them tonight, yet I wouldn't want to impose. I have an idea about how their renovation work looks like. Some paintings here, some kisses there... And I'm for sure not in the mood of third wheeling.

So, I decided to stick with the couch and my instant noodles.

"You look miserable", April says walking out of her room, wearing a very short white dress, that compliments her brown skin tone nicely. Her curly dark hair is also styled in a messy bun. Yet it doesn't look messy on her. It simply looks good.

"You don't", I reply. "Where are you going?"

"The frat party. At the Omega House. And you're coming with me", she says that coming closer and ending the movie.

"I was watching that, thank you very much", I say sarcastically. She gives the blanket off me and takes the instant noodles from my hands and my chopsticks, helping herself to my food.

"Dia and Nessie are double-dating with the guys. Soph is out with Alec. I'm not going there alone. You're coming with me."

"I'm busy. I'm crying", I reply, pointing to my face, for her to see the wrecked makeup on it. She sighs exhausted and rolls her eyes.

"I get it. I do. Caden acted like a jerk. But that doesn't mean you have to shut yourself off completely from the world and the people who care about you."

"Says the girl who wears I like to make boys cry T-Shirts..."

"Just because I have standards now doesn't mean I have never been heartbroken. I know it hurts like a bitch", April says. I look up at her to see how sad her eyes are.

"Who was he and can I kill him?" I ask, wanting to end the life of whoever made my girl cry.

"I'll send you his contacts", she answers smirking. Then, she makes some big puppy eyes to convince me: "Until then, would you please come with me."

I make no sign to answer.

"Pretty please", she insists.

"Fine", I give up. "But only for you."

She cheers once and gives me a hug. However, she quickly lets go and asks me: "When was the last time you showered, girl?"

I show her the middle finger, yet she does make a point. I was too sad to think of basic needs.

"I'd better shower", I say and head towards the bathroom. On the way, I can hear a laugh coming from where she's standing.

~

Twenty minutes later, I'm already showered and changed, wearing a short top and a pair of jeans paired with my sneakers. April really wanted me to wear something nicer, like a dress, yet I am not in the mood for it. So I just had to stick with the V-cut tank top she chose for me, saying it would make me look hot. Somehow, I also feel hot.

We're both sitting on the backseat of her brother's pickup car, since neither of us has a license and the party takes place all the way in the other side of campus. Kai is on the driver's seat, lecturing us about being alerted at all times when it comes to guys, based on our outfits. He has always been super protective when it comes to his little sister, although she's just one year younger as him. Although it sometimes annoys April, I know she loves her brother a lot. Which is the only reason she's putting up with the fact Noah Coin is sitting on the passenger's seat now.

"And if anything happens, you can just call out for us and we'll kick the guy dead", Kai ends. I know he doesn't actually mean it. He's the sweetest guy I know, who wouldn't harm anyone. I guess the sweetness ends the moment someone hurts April.

"I bet Coin would rather kill me than the potential assaulter", April mumbles, loud enough for them to hear.

"You think so little of me, precious", the guy responds, giving us a cold stare with his dark eyes in the rear-view mirror.

"It's not like you're giving me proof to think otherwise", she replies. He flips her off with his finger.

"Guys, seriously, it's enough", Kai interrupts the fight going on between his sister and his best friend. "Honestly, it's just one night. Can't you act nicely for ones?"

"I give you 8 hours", April says, looking straight at Coin in the mirror.

"I'm glad you came to your senses", the guy responds.

I silently thank the universe as the car parks in front of the Omega House and I get to escape the fight going on. April follows me outside and takes me by arm, leading me to the entrance. As soon as we're through the door, I'm hit with the small of punch, sweat and Cheetos. Just the perfect way to spend a heartbroken night.

April must have seen the shift in my mood since she gives my arm a squeeze and we begin to tour the house. It's a nice place, yet it doesn't compare to our dorm. We quickly end up heading to the bar, ordering two drinks and going to the dance floor.

April takes me by my hand and starts spinning me around. I give up the shitty mood and begin swinging my hips to the music, til we're both laughing out loud and dancing.

It's during the fourth song we're dancing at that I notice him. Caden. He's standing at the bar, talking to some of his friends, yet his eyes are focused on one sole object. Me. And given the look on his face right now, he has been staring at me for some time. As our eyes meet, he swallows hard and I start to shiver. He takes a sip from his drink and I break our eye contact. I'm done crying over him. If he didn't want us to be more than just a kiss, than I'm not going to spend my night lusting over his eyes.

Although he has some pretty eyes.

I focus on April again and the song singing in the background. It's her favorite song, so she's screaming the lyrics right now, together with others from the crowd who like it as well. I join her and she smirks at me. We start swinging our hips again and she takes my hands, making a double pirouette with us. Although I'm not looking at Caden anymore, I can feel his gaze piercing a hole in my back. He probably didn't even move from the spot, just stands there watching.

And I'm fine with it. I really am. It's only after five songs in which the feeling doesn't change that I look at him and prove my point. He is staring. And I hate it.

I bend closer to April's ear and tell her: "I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?" she asks back in my ear, since the music is too loud for us to understand what the other one is saying otherwise.

"I'm going to the toilet."

"Want me to come with you and wait in front of the door?" she asks me, probably still worried about my state.

"I'll be fine. I'll find you after."

She nods agreeing and I walk away. I'm heading straight to Caden, who swallows hard again as he notices.

"We need to talk", I tell him, as soon as I'm next to him. His friends all turn to look at him confused, clearly questioning what I want from him or maybe even who I am.

"Nice to see you too, Broadway", Caden says with a smirk on, reminding me I have skipped the greeting. His friends look even more surprised, that he has a nickname for me. I'm too annoyed however to mind that, so I just take him by his wrist and lead him away.

"Nice grip", he says in a teasing tone, clearly wanting to point out the fact he could free himself any second. However, he doesn't. So I just drag him along until the nearest empty room. Which happens to be a laundry room, with a few washing machines.

"Are you planning on killing me with one of those?" He asks me, pointing with his finger at one of the machines.

"I wasn't, yet now that you said it, it does sound tempting." I reply cold. He chuckles, making my soul go all fuzzy.

"I've deserved better than that", he lets out. I cut him short.

"You're an asshole. Is it your habit to kiss girls and then completely ghost them?"

"Now you're being dramatic", he replies, a bit more nervous as before, however.

"Right. I'm the dramatic one. Because you for sure didn't French kiss me while reading Shakespeare lines."

"Our kiss was a mistake", he blurts out. Any type of smirk disappeared from his lips. He now has a serious face on.

"Why?! Because I'm not a famous model like the other girls you've dated?" I rather shout than ask. He is quick to shake his head.

"No. It's not because of that. You are beautiful, Nini", he says, staring at my eyes, then his gaze wondering to my lips. A mix of butterflies and anger rises in me.

"Then why?! Because the way you're staring at my lips right now doesn't help."

"I know... And I'm sorry. I screwed up. Kissing you was a mistake."

"You've said that before." I say and turn to leave. He catches me however before I'm able to open the door and takes me in his arms. He leans my back to the door and presses his body on mine, til he's so close I'm on fire. He starts kissing his way down my neck, clearly not making sense. I'm fast to push him away.

"You said the kiss was a mistake!" I shout, stil not believing what just happened.

"I know. It was." He thinks about the last five seconds. "They were."

"Then why the heck did you kiss me again?"

"I felt like it", he replies nervous.

"And what am I supposed to do? Just go with whatever you feel."

"No...Yes...I don't know", he blurts out.

"You're pathetic", I hiss through my teeth and try to keep the tears inside.

"I know. And I'm sorry. I just...I don't want to be the guy who breaks your heart."

"And you assumed kissing me broke my heart?"

"No. But I'm scared that if we two come together, I might."

"Then let's take it slow. Just because you kissed me that doesn't mean we're soon to be married."

"No, I know. And I want to come together with you. It's just..."

"It's just what?" I ask, biting my bottom lip like I always do when I'm nervous. He notices. And swears one.

"What?" I ask confused. He comes closer and has me against the door again.

"I want to be the one doing that."

And with that line, my entire self-control vanishes, and I end up wrapping my hands around his neck. Caden pulls me closer and does the one thing he wants to do. It releases a wave of heat in me I can't stop. I start kissing him again and he deepens the kiss. However, I'm the one who backs out this time.

"We can't be doing this", I whisper. For one second, he actually considers stoping, yet then, like someone flipped a switch inside him, he gets eager for more.

"Why not?" he asks me, clearly not seeing the problem.

"Because it's a public space. People can walk in on us any time."

"Are you ashamed of them seeing you with me?" he asks, a bit hurt really.

"No. Gosh, no. But you might be ashamed of being seen with me."

He pulls me closer into his arms and holds a hand protective on my waist. "What would I be ashamed of? That I have the hottest redhead in the world making out with me?"
I smirk at what he said and continue kissing him. However, as he slowly grips my shirt wanting it off, I am quick to lock the door as he's not looking. But not because one of us could be ashamed. But because I don't want anyone interrupting us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 645 41
Lyla heads into her second semester of sophomore year and already has her expectations set for her summer ahead. Plans ventured around spending the s...
3.6K 97 24
I swallow nervously looking away from him "I have them for you." He says quietly. "Have what?" I say lowly, wanting to hear him say it the same way h...
29.6M 505K 68
"I'm the sexy guy in school, and all the ladies want me. So don't act like you don't. And try not to make it seem like a surprise Princess because yo...
11.3K 342 45
Lyla heads into her final year of College after getting through the summer of dealing with her break up with Shawn. Has she moved on? Even Lyla might...