𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗥𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗙𝗮𝗺�...

By ineysasingh

𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖱𝖺𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝖥𝖺𝗆𝗂𝗅𝗒; is said to be one of the most powerful family of the country. The Rathore... More

E p i g r a p h
Characters & Introduction
}•{ The wedding of fourth heir.
}•{ Twisted..
}•{ The heartless men.
}•{ The broken hopes.
}•{ The harsh interactions.
}•{ The changing moods.
}•{ Insane Men
}•{ Some smiles and some tears.
}•{ Some unfulfilled wishes.
}•{ Arguments and tears.
}•{ Harsh Reality.
}•{ Not so good memories.
}•{ The confusing men
}•{ Having food together.
}•{ Unexpected
}•{ Consequences
}•{ Disappointment.
}•{ More truth?
}•{ Trust.
}•{ Happy hugs.
}•{ Past relationship.
}•{ Knot in a relationship
}•{ Confession
}•{ Shocked
}•{ Sudden trips.
}•{ Deep Conversations.
}•{ Curious?
}•{ Honeymoon?
}•{ Too dumb.
E d i t s
}•{ Loose ends?
}•{ Weird
}•{ Complains.
}•{ Apologies
}•{ Frustration
}•{ Angry?
}•{ Night Of Wait.
}•{ Forced?
}•{ Putting efforts
}•{ Bad idea
}•{ Dangerous feelings
}•{ Jealousy?
}•{ Ex
}•{ Broken
}•{ Care
}•{ Unholy
}•{ Organism?
}•{ Differences
}•{ Aakarsh's apology
}•{ Truth & Dare
}•{ Realization
}•{ Party Night
}•{ Tensed
}•{ More than friends?
}•{ Heartbreak
}•{ Ashamed
}•{ Pacifying Aakarsh
}•{ Shocking past
}•{ Cold and Reserved
}•{ Weak
}•{ His efforts

}•{ Feelings

50.6K 3K 1.2K
By ineysasingh

~•} C H A P T E R| 51 {•~

With a wildly palpating heart, Raina opened the door of her room, her eyes widening immediately trying to adjust to the darkness of the room, her anxious mind calming down a little seeing the closed lights indicating he was asleep and thinking this she approached the bed thinking to get the leftover sleep at least.

But, oh how wrong she was.

Within a fraction of a second, the world around her blurred as she was swept off her feet by a bulky arm around her waist, a scream tore apart her lips as she closed her eyes ready to fall and break her head.

But again, oh how wrong she was.

Instead of the cold tiles, her head was met with the fluffy mattress of the bed and a hand clasped around her mouth, a heavy weight settling on top of her. Her not-so-thick eyelashes lifted locking her inky black eyes to his dark brown ones.

Raina didn't know what to do so she did what the same person would do, panic!

Her breathing became ragged as she thrashed in his hold mercilessly kicking him wherever her legs could reach causing Aakarsh to tilt his head as he hushed in her ear, "Relax woman,"

Raina felt goosebumps rising on her skin at his deep voice. The voice which had no hint of softness her dumb best friend had instead sounded so husky like the man he physically was.

Was she assuming things? Or was he actually not so dumb?

"You have a crush on me," Aakarsh stated instead of questioning, his eyes pinning hers underneath just like his body. She couldn't help but shut her eyes as he removed his hand from her mouth. Her face heated up with embarrassment and shyness as she wished to never face him again.

But, God wasn't so kind to her because the next moment she found his hand gripping her chin as he tilted her head to an extent that she forced her eyes open and Gosh, they were still that mesmerizing.

While Aakarsh on the other hand was perplexed as he thought more about it. At first, when he heard her confess his happiness knew no bounds. He felt like the most happiest person on the planet but soon the realization of her words set in causing him to frown.

But of course, he needed to be sure that whatever he was thinking was right so he googled the meaning of crush.

a strong feeling of romantic love for someone that is usually not expressed and does not last a long time.

There were other definitions but this one struck him like no other as he thought about it over and over again, kept searching about it over and over again till she graced the room with her presence.

"Raina," Aakarsh whispered, his voice low and husky causing jitters to form in her body as she turned her face sideways not wanting to look at him.

But, all of a sudden Raina's mind ran miles as she thought of their situation and the fact that the man was Aakarsh. She knew she could easily get away with the situation.

Faking the most straight and normal expression ever, she turned her face towards his questioning brown eyes.

"It's normal Aakarsh. It's nothing much really," She told with the most monotonous tone to ever exist even though from inside she could feel everything getting jeopardized.

Raina was sure she had handled the matter very easily now and was waiting for Aakarsh to nod his head like the puppy he was behaving nowadays.

But for the third time tonight, oh how wrong she was.

"Wanting to kiss another person or having a physical attraction isn't that normal I think," He hushed in a raspy voice, and all of a sudden she could feel how close he was. How his entire hard and muscular body was pinning down her soft ones on the mattress. How his nose was almost hovering over hers and the way his bulky arms were caging hers. The way his irresistible plum lips were inviting hers.

Oh, the same lips she had once imagined herself kissing when she was informed about their marriage.

Raina shook her head to get rid of those sinister thoughts provoking her innocent crush to another level. Her cheeks turned a deep shade of red as she fumbled with her answer, "I-Its not like t-that."

"It is." Aakarsh deadpanned with a huge frown on his forehead. He had once seen a movie and the character did describe what they wanted to do with their crush very briefly.

"Aakarsh get off of me," Raina whispered gaining some courage but not meeting his eyes. She wanted to fly away from this room, his life, and this earth! She was very much regretting her decision to choose the truth now.

Raina's eyes widened when instead of getting off her Aakarsh completely slammed his body against hers without holding himself back even a little, unlike their previous position. Before he was hovering over her. Now he was laying on top of her, crushing her with his huge body.

"Not until you answer my questions woman," he pointed out playing with a strand of her hair and getting distracted from the main topic.

Focus man.

He told himself and left her hair strand making eye contact with a stunned Raina.

"What questions?"

"Do you find me physically attractive?"

She swallowed hard at the direct question and nodded her head after some time knowing she has no escape, "I did."

"Not now?" He probed making her tense,

"But now you're my best friend yaar," Raina tried to trick him again but this time it seemed to work as he grinned down at her instead of frowning.

"That I'm,"

Raina smiled back forcefully in return for his swoon-worthy smile.

"But-- still this is so weird," He murmured to himself and then turned towards her, asking her to answer his query instead.

Raina's smile faltered, her tongue darting out to lick her lip nervously as she thought of the appropriate thing to say.

"It's fine. People do have a crush on others. Everyone has but until you don't make the other person uncomfortable, it's okay." She mentally cringed at her explanation but smiled sweetly at him praying that he believes her.

"Oh, and I'm more than comfortable with you na," he replied keeping his head on the crook of her neck, Raina fisted her hands to her side at the sensations she wasn't supposed to feel.

"Also, I would have been mad if your crush was someone else. So it's a good thing, that it's me." He added after a moment as he got off her body but next second caged her by wrapping his arms around her.

Raina hummed not knowing what to say.

"What does having a crush, exactly means Raina?" Aakarsh questioned in his deep voice as he drew patterns on her stomach unconsciously. Raina sucked in a sharp breath, her throat getting dry at his innocent ministrations.

She didn't know what was happening but her heart was fluttering at his behavior, at his voice... She was getting weak in front of him. She wasn't able to reprimand him or even utter a word without getting nervous tonight.

It was as if he was having an entirely different effect on her body and soul altogether.

"Answer me," he demanded gripping her chin and tilting her head towards him so that he can gaze directly into her black eyes which seemed to hide an abyss of emotions and feelings inside them.

She blinked, her face so close to his and her hands twitching to trace the perfect features but deciding against it, she gulped moistening her parched throat, and croaked out,

"It means to like someone physically. You like the way they look, walk, speak..."

"Oh." Aakarsh cocked a brow at her nervous face as he brushed the hair strand coming from her eyes away.

"You never told me you liked the way I look," he hushed in a low tone near her ear causing her to jolt awake at his voice.

She didn't respond, she couldn't. Her heart raced wildly as she lay still in his arms her cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

"I'm hurt," he continued causing her heart to race further if it was possible. She grew more tense with each passing second and Aakarsh noticed it too as he turned their position, laying her on top of his chest this time.

He squished her red cheeks with his big hands causing her to flinch.

"Yaar, it's okay. I was just joking! Don't be like this na." He pulled her flaming cheeks with a soft smile that was very familiar to her.

She forced a smile in return causing him to frown as he waved his hand,

"It's fine. It's just that you're physically attracted to me and it's not a big deal! I was just a bit hurt that you didn't tell me this. You're supposed to tell me everything. I'm your best friend na."

He told in the most relaxed manner playing with her now visible bra strap which was the result of their sudden change in positions as if it was the most normal thing.

Best friend?

"Aakarsh..." Raina breathed out with a tired expression marring on her face as her eyes narrowed at his hands which were busy pulling and pushing her bra straps as if it was a rubber band.

"Bolo na," (Say) he whispered looking at her with his dark brown eyes and she lowered her gaze to his chest and shook her head in no.

He smiled whispering good night and pecked her cheek sending Raina into her endless spiral of overthinking.

}}}}}}•{{{{{{

Mera sar fat raha hai.

(My head hurts.)

Ruhanika groaned sitting up and holding her head with her hand.

Hey Bhagwan!

Main mar jaungi aise.

(Oh God!

I'll die like this.)

She thought massaging her forehead harshly.

Her gaze shifted towards his annoying sleeping figure beside her.

She glared at him wanting to rip away his peaceful expressions in frustration as the struggle of getting out of his death grip flashed in front of her.

She checked the time,

6:00 am.

Too early.

So it would be better to have a strong cup of tea before freshening up because at the moment nothing made sense.

Nothing.

}}}}}}•{{{{{{

Raina pushed Aakarsh's arms away once she realized it was morning already.

Yes, she couldn't sleep the entire night.

His thoughts and actions were enough to keep her company for the night.

Aakarsh mumbled something in his sleep and turned away to another side hugging his pillow instead.

Raina snorted at the sight as she rubbed her sleep-deprived eyes and glanced at the wall clock, 6:10 am.

Too late for the ones who couldn't get a wink of sleep for the entire night and that was her condition too.

She yawned stretching her limbs awkwardly and made her way to the bathroom to get started with her day.

Last night was just too much.

.................

Raina looked at the wall clock again and smiled to herself pleased as she saw, 6:20 am.

Unlike her husband, she could get ready in less than 10 minutes and she always seemed proud of it.

Rolling her hair into a messy bun she descended the stairs craving for her morning tea but ended up standing awkwardly at the kitchen entrance finding Ruhanika and Ishani. Of course, Ishani was glaring at Ruhanika and Ruhanika was sipping her lemon water it seemed, sitting on the kitchen chair with an intense frown.

"Good Morning?" Raina waved at them startling both as Ruhanika smiled at her and Ishani mumbled, "Morning Good,"

"What's happening here?" Raina asked looking at both of them with a raised eyebrow and Ishani stared at Ruhanika with a sickly sweet smile, "Nothing much, just bhabhi trying to remember what happened with her at night,"

"Oh?" Raina looked towards Ruhanika who groaned and glared at Ishani.

"Ishani," she hissed but Ishani just rolled her eyes and added milk to the half-boiled tea. Raina gestured to make one for her and Ishani shrugged before pouring down more milk with a nod of her head.

"Nothing happened," Ruhanika whispered and Raina nodded her head trying to provide support to the tensed lady but Ishani shook her head,

"I don't think so."

"How are you so sure? Between I can't feel anything," Ruhanika argued back frustrated.

Ishani stared at Ruhanika for a straight minute and just shrugged.

"Raina, your tea," Ishani passed an earthen cup towards Raina who accepted it gladly and took a sip burning her tongue.

Ruhanika glared at the two earthen cups, "Where's mine?"

"You didn't ask for one," Ishani gave her another sweet smile and Ruhanika felt tugging her hair-- or better Ishani's hair out of her head.

The pain in her head, the boiling anger in her veins, and the frustration in her heart made Ruhanika's mood and tongue bitter today.

"Ishani--" her anger-filled voice was cut off with a wave of the hand as Ishani passed the second cup in her direction,

"I don't prefer tea usually,"

Raina chose to stay quiet during the interaction and observed the duo with interest.

"You do," Raina deadpanned, her expression twisting into a more playful one as she dug deeper into the word's meaning.

Ishani tilted her head and winked, "Oh, yeah. I do,"

"Stop you both, my head hurts like a bitch," Ruhanika looked at Ishani at the last word and Ishani raised her eyebrows with a shrug.

"And tell me why were you so sure?" Ruhanika questioned again with a huff.

"So sure about what bhabhi?" Ishani faked the most innocent expression but the corner of her mouth tugged upwards a little as Ruhanika grew more frustrated with each passing second.

"That Yuvraj Ji and I did something!" Ruhanika snapped loudly catching the attention of the gardener who was working in the garden across the kitchen.

"Bhabhi calm down," Raina hushed controlling her laugh.

"Well... The way he's looking at you nowadays you'll be in trouble soon." Ishani hushed with a thoughtful expression.

"What kind of trouble?" Ruhanika's face mirrored a shocked expression.

"The weather is so good today," Ishani ignored her with a gorgeous smile as she took steps to move out of the kitchen.

"Ishaniiii," Ruhanika hissed throwing an apple on her way in frustration as the girl was getting on her nerves.

"Thank you for the apple dear bhabhi," Ishani winked catching the apple thrown her way.

}}}}}}•{{{{{{

Ishani craned her neck to look at the back of her head and groaned in frustration finding Vardhaan again.

Her hand tightened around the coffee mug as she switched off the coffee machine and turned towards him with fire-spitting eyes,

"What?"

"What what?" Vardhaan retorted folding his hands.

"Why are you following me like a dog since morning?" She hissed looking around the coffee area to find it void of any employee.

"This is my office, I can go anywhere." He leaned on the wall with his hands still folded across his chest.

"So you will follow me to the conference room, cafeteria, coffee area, and wherever the fuck I'll go hn?" She kept her coffee down and folded her arms across her chest too.

"I'll, knowing that there is a crazy ass ex behind my wife every moment and there's another flirter ready to grab his chance," Vardhaan dead planned pulling her closer to him by her waist stunning Ishani.

Gaining back her composure she pushed him away making him smile wickedly.

"You can push me Mrs. Rathore but you can't deny me." He smirked down at her glaring eyes and rageful expression as he picked up the coffee and took a sip from it making her see red in anger.

"And getting followed by you is much worse," she hissed snatching the coffee cup from his hand and his eyes were once again filled with amusement.

"Go away," he whispered all of a sudden making her frown but tilting her head she moved closer doing the exact opposite with her index finger pointed towards him, "You--"

Vardhaan smiled victoriously, his hand going behind her neck as he held her by the back of her throat to pull her further closer shocking and shushing her.

His other free hand caressed her cheek ever so slightly as he smirked down at her,

"You fight a lot, don't you Mrs. Rathore?"

Her heart raced wildly at his comment as she looked at him with widened eyes.

Absorbing the situation, she pulled her neck out of his hand rather harshly.

"Fuck off," she rebuked glaring at him for the umpteenth time, and sprinted from the area in anger while Vardhaan laughed looking at her retreating back.

................

"Ishani," Vardhaan called her out from his desk and she clenched her jaw seeing the huge smile curved on his lips.

"What!?"

"I forgot to inform you but tomorrow is a party,"

Ishani frowned at his words and tilted her head, "So, we need to go?"

She was sure if they need to, she wouldn't go.

Vardhaan rolled his shoulders leaning down on his chair his hand playing with the paperweight kept unconsciously, "Everyone will have to. It's the day when the inauguration ceremony of The Rathore Empire was held years back, marking its official start."

"Oh,"

"Yes, we hold this huge ass party every year. Everyone from the family will be present, every employee, everyone from the business world will be there but no media." He continued with a smirk making her furrow her brows in confusion as she leaned forward,

"Why are you so happy about it?"

Vardhaan tilted his head, the smirk on his lips growing as he stepped till he was close to her desk.

"Because you're coming to the party too but this time as my wife." He announced leaning towards her ear leaving her stunned.

}}}}}}•{{{{{{

It was just afternoon and Yuvraj was tired after looking through all the arrangements for tomorrow. Every employee was given a half day's leave as the arrangements for the party were to be made inside the office premises.

Not to say his mood was sour since he couldn't see her. He woke up late and his OCD was screaming at him for being late and imperfect.

He didn't have much time, he had literally run to complete his morning rituals and didn't have time to seek her from her hiding place as she made sure not to come into his view.

Even though it was just noon, he felt drained out. He sighed to himself as he ran his hand through his face looking out of the window as his driver drove through the roads towards the mansion.

"Stop!"

The car halted at Yuvraj's sudden demand.

The driver looked back to see if he was delusional or if Yuvraj actually commanded him to stop in front of these small shops.

Not to say Yuvraj Rathore always loved a highly planned life and would always stick to the plan, there were no unplanned halts like this.

Yuvraj cleared his throat and told, "I'll be back in some time," with this Yuvraj Rathore was out of his expensive car with a shade in his eyes which did almost nothing to protect him from the scorching glare of the sun.

"I want this saree,"

The shopkeeper was flabbergasted at the open demand, not because he recognized Yuvraj but because no one would directly barge in to just pack without asking for money or a little bit of bargaining at least.

"The one put outside on the dummy?" The shopkeeper asked and Yuvraj nodded his head.

The shopkeeper blinked and went out to take off the saree from the dummy and started packing it realizing whoever the person was, was super rich.

"Wait,"

The shopkeeper halted hearing the dominating tone and turned his head to look at the tall man in front of him.

"Let me see if the material is not pricky," Yuvraj replied to the unasked question as he examined the hot red-colored saree. The see-through net material felt light and the sculpted solid flowers on top of it felt soft enough.

He could almost imagine her in it and the imagination felt beautiful. And he knew she would look even better than his imagination.

"Hm, pack it," Yuvraj told the shopkeeper who was watching everything silently in a trance.

The shopkeeper packed it and Yuvraj handed over his credit card to which the shopkeeper denied, "The machine has been not working properly,"

Yuvraj frowned, he didn't have a habit of carrying cash in his pockets.

Maybe the shopkeeper realized it through his expressions as he tightened his hold on the cloth bag in which the saree was kept and which was held from the other side by Yuvraj.

"But I want this saree," Yuvraj demanded.

"And I want money mister," the shopkeeper argued back yanking the cloth bag from Yuvraj's hold.

Yuvraj frowned fisting his forward hand as he wiped the sheen layer of sweat collected on his forehead due to the lack of air conditioner in the small shop.

Yuvraj grew frustrated all of a sudden and took off his gold ring as he handed it to the shopkeeper with attitude, "Keep this and give me the saree,"

The shopkeeper handed him a roll of fabric and retorted, "Keep this and make the saree yourself,"

"That's a gold ring costing a lakh at least," Yuvraj deadpanned seriously.

"And how in this world do you think I'll return you the remaining ninety-six thousand rupees?" The shopkeeper rolled his eyes shocking Yuvraj as his mathematician brain worked.

4k for the saree. That's it?

"You mean-- the saree is for four thousand only?" Yuvraj questioned still unsure.

"Yes,"

Yuvraj quickly shuffled through his wallet taking out five thousand and handed it to the shopkeeper.

The shopkeeper stared at him as if he was a ghost and gave him fifteen hundred back.

"Why five hundred extra?" Yuvraj queried to which the shopkeeper shrugged, "People bargain a lot that's why I increase the rate a little in the start itself,"

Once again Yuvraj Rathore was shocked.

He took the saree and strode out of the shop shaking his head at himself and his tactics.

He wouldn't ever believe it if someone told him that he would be buying a saree just by a glance at it for his wife in the future.

But again everything was too overwhelming.

These new feelings were too overwhelming.

}}}}}}•{{{{{{

"Baby,"

Every cell of Yuvraj's body stopped working the moment he heard the word from her sweet little mouth.

Ruhanika turned, her eyes widening finding Yuvraj standing on the door with his office bag in his hand and looking tired as hell.

She swallowed hard to moisten her parched throat and stared at him silently as Yuvraj stared back with an intensity that made her shiver.

"Baby!?" Yuvraj stepped closer and she stepped back tucking her hair strand behind her ear refraining to make eye contact with the man in front of whom she embarrassed herself enough.

No, she couldn't remember anything but the stories she heard about their dare were enough to make her embarrassed and she didn't want to think what more she did in front of him!

"The cat's name is baby," she whispered softly not taking her eyes off the floor and he nodded not taking his eyes off of her.

"I need to go, Yuvraj Ji," she hushed pushing him lightly when he stepped in more closely.

"You weren't behaving the same yesterday," he tilted his head holding her hand from the back making her halt.

"I---" she felt short of words.

"So, you don't remember the passionate night, m'lady?" he teased pulling her closer so that her back collided with his chest lightly.

Ruhanika closed her eyes, her hands fisting into a ball as they grew sweaty due to nervousness.

"Don't be so stressed m'lady, I'll tell you everything tomorrow," his breath tickled the back of her earlobe making her gasp as his grip loosened on her shoulders as he gave her a light push to let her go with a smile on his face.

}}}}}}•{{{{{{

"Ishani," Raina called once she reached the kitchen and Ishani didn't respond.

Raina tapped on her shoulder this time causing her to flinch, "What?"

"You seem lost," Raina commented giving a glance to the already kneaded dough which Ishani was still kneading and Ishani realized it as she stopped it keeping it aside.

"What were you thinking?" Raina questioned and Ishani breathed out, "The theory of life,"

"The theory of life?"

"When you want something, you don't have it. And when you have something, you can't have it." Ishani shrugged with a smile.

Raina raised her brows at the sentence that made no sense to her and decided to change the topic,

"Between, you're back early today?"

"Yes due to that party thing, the employees got half day leave."

"Oh, but what are you doing here?"

"Cooking?"

"I can see that Ishani but why are you cooking," Raina deadpanned.

"You know that the chef has taken a day off, right?"

"Yes, and we did divide the three meals amongst us. Bhabhi cooked the breakfast, I'm supposed to cook the dinner and Naina is supposed to cook the lunch..."

Ishani shrugged at the explanation and said, "The entire family will be back by the dinner. It will be a huge task, it's better if you take Naina bhabhi's help, Raina,"

"But--"

"I came early, isn't it? Then what's the problem? It's not like I'm that tired after arguing with Vardhaan the whole day because no client came today!" Ishani rolled her eyes remembering what he did and how she reacted so stupid all the time.

"Let me help you at least?" Raina offered politely and Ishani waved her hand, "No need, you will be doing your share of work at dinner time,"

"But cooking lunch alone is a huge task too," Raina argued and Ishani frowned, "Who said I'm doing it alone?"

Raina gave her 'are-you-serious-look?' and seconds later Vardhaan barged in and yelled, "Why the fuck did you call me and told me to come?"

Ishani huffed angrily at his tone and smiled sweetly, "Get your lazy ass right here, Mr. Rathore, and chop these vegetables,"

"Me?"

"I don't see any other Mr. Rathore over here," Ishani mocked pointing the sharp knife in his direction and Vardhaan swirled his eyes at her usual self.

"I'm not cutting any vegetables. Order the lunch," he announced going away and Ishani yelled,

"You better be here before I chase you and cut you open instead of these vegetables,"

"Ishani," Raina gasped dramatically suppressing her laugh.

"What will I get in return?" Vardhaan folded his hand across his chest as he leaned on the kitchen wall.

"Of course lunch," Ishani rolled her eyes and continued, "Also, I will attend the party then only,"

"Where's the apron?" Vardhaan questioned coming inside and washing his hands making Ishani smirk whilst Raina's eyes widened like saucers as she left the kitchen.

Who knew they might burn the entire kitchen along with her?

"There's no apron and don't worry your clothes won't get as dirty as your personality by a little bit of cooking," Ishani smiled down at him causing him to clench his jaw as he took the knife and chopping board and started his work.

............

"What the fuck!" A scream reverberated through the entire kitchen causing Ishani to jerk her head away from the tadka of dal as she quickly sprinted towards Vardhaan who had the most hateful and disgusted expression on his face.

"What happened?" Ishani questioned holding his hand being sure he chopped his one or two fingers instead of veggies.

But finding no injury she frowned.

"There's a worm inside the garlic," Vardhaan hissed pointing at the piece of unpeeled garlic that was thrown at the corner of the kitchen.

Ishani breathed in a sigh of relief that the veggies didn't get dirty with blood and somewhere also because he didn't cut his hand.

But soon her relief was replaced by anger as she glared at Vardhaan, "You screamed because of this!?"

"Yes...?" Vardhaan chuckled growing a little nervous.

"You stupid fool!" Ishani cursed and Vardhaan shrugged still staring at that garlic piece with disgust.

"This muscular built is scared of that spongy little thing?" She insulted him again and before he could reply, they smelled the burning smell and Ishani ran towards her tadka which was now ashy black.

The intensity of her glare turned more as she hissed holding the pan, "Mann toh kar raha hai yahi tumhare sar par de marun," (At the moment I want to just throw this on your head.)

Vardhaan rolled his head simply going back to chopping more vegetables as Ishani threw away the burnt tadka and started preparing for the new one.

................

"Let me help you to reach the higher shelves," Vardhaan offered with a smirk as she stood on the tip of her toes to reach the farthest kept box.

Ishani swatted away his hand which were already ready to wrap themselves around her waist as she retorted, "My height isn't much smaller than you Mr. Rathore so I don't need your help, I'm tall enough,"

Vardhaan tilted his head as he just stared at her stretching her body and looking hot as hell.

Not able to control himself he stood behind her and held her ponytail, yanking her down to his mouth level.

"You look hot," he whispered in her ear as he wrapped her dangling ponytail around his hand so she couldn't escape him more.

Ishani tried hitting him with her leg but failed as he continued, "I would love to eat the food made by you and you, Mrs. Rathore,"

Ishani stilled at his vulgar talks and pushed her elbow into his stomach making him loosen his grip. She glared at him but he just laughed winking at her and making her red with anger but this time she needed to focus on the food.

}}}}}}•{{{{{{

Vardhaan washed his hand and came out of the kitchen to find his brothers sitting at the dining table already watching a match.

"Having some boys' time now, are we?" He teased looking at the three quiet men who turned towards him as Aakarsh gestured him to stay quiet with his fingers as he focused his attention back on the match.

Vardhaan sat down on the chair beside them trying to focus on the match too but instead, he decided to focus on his brothers.

Yuvraj was, again and again looking at the stairs waiting for his wife to appear magically.

Aadarsh was looking at the kitchen knowing Naina went inside just now to help with the food garnishing and all.

Aakarsh was busy in the game. Duh.

"So everyone here is whipped by their wife, yeah?" He smirked leaning on the chair as Yuvraj stared at him with a cold look while Aadarsh looked like a deer caught in headlight.

"Vardhaan," Yuvraj warned shifting his attention back to the game.

"I mean-- who would have thought that Yuvraj Bhai would be whipped ever! Look at these cold eyes which were filled with warmth yesterday when he was kissing--"

"Shut up," Yuvraj growled through a glare at his youngest brother.

"Being innocent now are we?" Vardhaan smirked.

"No. But I can do whatever I want with my wife and I don't want your opinions on that." Yuvraj deadpanned shocking the three brothers as Aakarsh turned his attention to the 'bro-talk' too.

Vardhaan rolled his eyes and shifted his attention toward the twin brothers, "And what about you? Aadarsh was late for the office and Aakarsh roamed around Raina Bhabhi like a puppy yesterday. I didn't expect you two to be so enchanted by your wives too,"

Aadarsh hummed and turned his head towards the match, not wanting to answer while Aakarsh frowned, "But we're friends."

Vardhaan couldn't control his laugh anymore as he burst out laughing at the serious tone of Aakarsh Rathore, Yuvraj couldn't control his smile too and Aadarsh coughed hard trying not to laugh.

"What!?" Aakarsh scoffed angrily and Vardhaan laughed more,

"Here everyone is busy sexualizing their wives and you're busy in friend zoning your wife Aakarsh bhai,"

Aakarsh frowned more and Aadarsh cleared his throat, "Vardhaan, enough."

Vardhaan nodded still trying not to laugh.

But his laughter died down when Ishani barged in right from the kitchen with those big bowls of cooked meals looking worn out. She pushed those bowls and plates toward the four men and instructed, "Serve this till we're getting the salad ready,"

With this, she was back to the kitchen with the speed of lightning in which she came from leaving the three men except Vardhaan shocked.

"Did she say that to me?" Yuvraj questioned the three as he was nearest to her and Ishani did look in his direction.

"Yes," Aakarsh nodded his head and added, "to you and all of us,"

Vardhaan couldn't help but feel that she was growing hotter with each passing second.

Aadarsh didn't say anything as he picked up eight small bowls and started serving the raita.

Aakarsh followed his twin and so did Yuvraj and Vardhaan.

"She's something else," Yuvraj whispered to Vardhaan, and Vardhaan couldn't help but smirk, "I know right,"

1.2k>Target

I updated. Lol.

I mean-- even if u guys feel like I'm fetching for compliments, I actually feel this update was shit. I don't know why. This is the largest one I wrote till date because I felt it was just not enough... Idk if I'm being too fast or doing justice to the the characters and their feelings. I was late due to the exact thing. I felt drained out while writing this one eventhough I knew this one was supposed to be just a base for the next one...

Do tell me how this was honestly. Being brutally honest coz I might need to take a lil break if the ch ka content is deteriorating...

Yuvraj and his m'lady?

Vardhaan and Ishani?

✨Just friends✨?

Btw-- my characters are now on Instagram 💀

Take Care🫀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

900K 69.2K 60
ՏᏆΝᏀᎻᎪΝᏆᎪ The name itself says power and control.The family which is everyone's dream. The family which stands for unity and love.The synonym of per...
1.5M 81.5K 58
(Book 1 of 'YOU ARE MINE' series) "𝐁𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐟𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 - 𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐟�...
1M 52.8K 43
Complicated ! This is what describes the Rathore Royal Family and their Relationships ! And to make The matters worse The three Rathore Brothers are...
2.7M 125K 31
~Glimpse~ "Dusro ki Cheezo ko Lena, Acchi Baat Nahi Hoti hai Bai sa." She looked back and my eyes met those Beautiful Orbs, A small frown spread on h...