Endless Fights-3

By Vampirediaries1996

Nothing good comes without a cost. I spent all my life fighting against what my family expected me to be unti... More

Shackled and Reliving
Blind Loyalty or Full Trust
Testing Loyalties and Charges
No More Dinner Parties
Sisters Over Misters
Finding a New Normal
Car Wrecks and New Residents
Tough Choices and Waffle Sundays
Minnick and Clinic
Things Are Falling Apart
K-10 and Babies
Where is Alex?
Decisions
Betrayal and New Jobs
Phase 2
Paybacks A B
Summit Meeting with Grey
Going Back to Work
Are We Giving Up?
Nice to Meet You
Grief and Loss
Maggie's First Fetal Surgery
Coming Clean
Maggie Knows
Signed Forms and Car-wrecks
Where's Stephanie and Davina?
You're Fired
Redemption
Getting Back to What You Know
Abdominal Wall Transplant Anyone?
Harper Avery Has a Lot to Say
Brain Surgery
Post Op Daze
New Home and Boats
Boat Life
New Interns and Harper Avery Awards
Mirror Image
Doppelgänger's and the Harper Avery Award
Taking Chances
Run While You Can
Surviving
Judgement
Freedom
Don't Take Your Hand Out
No Throwing Things in My ER!
Game Night
First Time Love
April's Challenge
Fake Cancer and Apologizes
Dreaming
Judgment Day
Who Had a Cookie?
The End of Harper Avery
Damage Control

Celebration and Broken Monitors

1.2K 72 11
By Vampirediaries1996

I am glad you all are liking the recent updates.

3rd Person's POV

"This day was epic." The interns relax on the gurneys in the basement after the amazing day they all witnessed.

"I'm so tired I can't feel my teeth." Schmitt shares.

"I almost stitched my finger to a person." Helm states.

"Scram." Meredith orders them.

"Either you leave now, or we make you cry." Gen threatens them, and the interns take off.

"This is our beach." Alex yells at them as he joins his people to sit on the gurneys just like they did during their intern year.

"Oooh! Look who's calling!" Meredith shows her phone to Gen and Alex with Cristina's face.

"Answer it." Gen orders.

"On it." Meredith answers Cristina's phone as Alex prepares to pour champagne into their glasses. "Hey, you're just in time for the champagne. Ready? Wait for it." Alex pops the cork, and they laugh at the simple joy champagne is bringing them.

"What did she say?' Alex asks.

"She asked me if I feel different."

"Damn, straight she does!"

"Enough put her on speaker!" Gen states, and Meredith puts Cristina on speaker for everyone to hear. "She kicked that awards ass!"

"Hell yeah, she did!" Cristina agrees. They all take sips of their champagne.

"Cristina, did you get the photos?" Gen asks.

"Oh, the freaky doppelganger of you and Evil Spawn?"

"We always said you two made a cute couple." Meredith chimes in.

"WHAT?!" Alex and Gen ask in unison.

"Evil Spawn was eye fucking Gen through most of the intern year." Gen's mouth gaps as Alex nods his head.

"Dude!" Gen hits his shoulder.

"You're hot. Who could blame me?"

"I didn't need you eye fucking me for a year!"

"It was a compliment." Alex argues.

"I..."

"Gen, it's not a problem that people think you're hot. Hell, your brain is sexy as hell how you can balance three specialties and six children." Cristina compliments Gen.

"I have five children Cristina."

"Nah, I count McSteamy as a child."

"Me too." Meredith agrees.

"So besides Alex apparently eye fucking me for a year, any other revelations we should be sharing?" Gen asks her persons.

"I got a dog." Cristina shares.

"I won a Harper Avery." Meredith chimes in.

"I met my doppelganger." Alex adds.

"Mer, did you ever find your doppelganger?" Cristina asks.

"Nope. But I would have loved that." Meredith admits.

"No, it's terrifying." Gen shakes her head.

"I thought your name was Gennifer when I first met you." Meredith shares.

"Really?"

"I had never heard the name Genevieve besides medieval movies." Cristina adds.

"Enough about my name. Let's get back to the importance of this call." Gen pours more champagne into everyone's glass. "This is to our person who just kicked surgical ass!"

"Hell, yes!" Alex and Cristina cheer in agreement.

"We've always been proud and jealous of you, and now that's even more so." Gen clinks her paper cup with Meredith.

"Thank you all for just being here for me every step of the way."

"To Meredith." Alex says.

"To Meredith." Cristina and Gen Add, and the last remaining original members of their intern class, just enjoy this celebratory moment.

__________________________________
Gen's POV

"How does your day look?" Mark asks me as we enjoy a late morning with the kids. I'm feeding Ellie while Mark plates the kids breakfast.

"I'm juggling peds and fetal cases this week." I answer.

"Ma..." Ellie shakes her head, telling me she's done with her food.

"Jackson's covering the incoming plastic cases while I start my reconstructive cases."

"Your patients must be thankful that you're doing that again."

"I'm the Plastics God, babe." Mark winks at me.

"Yay, dada is the Plastics God!" Theo, Everett, Alexia, and Davina chant. Ellie claps her hands, mimicking her siblings.

"That's right, babies." Mark high-fives each of them.

"Kristen is wanting to know if we can visit her at the end of the month instead of next week." I share it with Mark.

"End..." He pulls out his phone to check his calendar. "Did she say why?"   

"She got into another fight and is in solitary. She lost her visitation privileges which will be lifted at the end of the month." I share.

"Nice." Mark nods his head.

"She's doing her best for being dumped by her family and everything." I remind him.

"I know that. She still terrifies me." Mark admits.

"If Ellie visits her biological mom, can I?" Theo asks. Mark and I share a look.

"Theo, we've talked about this." Mark tries to reason with him. "Your adoption was anonymous, and no one knows who your mom is."

"But I want to know her." Theo cries.

"We can go read your adoption book together again if you want. And your video of the orphanage." I offer.

"I want to know who my mom is!"

"Theo, that's not..."

"Ellie gets to visit her mom all the time, and she doesn't even know her own name!" Theo storms out of the kitchen, leaving us speechless.

"Do I have a biological mom?" Alexia asks.

"Yes me." I tell her.

"But Theo and Ellie have biological moms. Why don't I have one too?"

"Lexie, remember Theo and Ellie are adopted, so they have two moms." Davina tries to reason with her little sister.

"But I want one too."

"Well, let's all get biological moms." Mark tries to defuse the situation as I clean Ellie up from breakfast.

__________________________________
"Has Zola ever asked you about her birth parents?" I ask Meredith.

"Derek and I talked to her about it, and we read books about adoption. But asking about her parents isn't something she's done. Why?"

"Theo was upset this morning because Mark and I were discussing changing our visit with Kristen to later, and Theo was wondering why Ellie knows her birth mother, but he doesn't." I share.

"Really?" I nod my head.

"I feel like a horrible mother. I...Mark and I did everything to find out about his birth parents, but we found nothing. The orphanage most likely lied about how Theo was given to them. After we did the mapping for Huntington's, we looked for potential family, but there was nothing definitive on who his parents would be." I explain.

"He's frustrated. He's at that age where he wants immediate answers to his questions. I went through the same thing with my mom in why we moved to Boston and why my dad was no longer in our lives."

"I can't even tell when he's older to understand because I don't know who his parents are. We may never know."

"Talk to him. I can watch the kids if you and Mark want to take Theo on a special day." Meredith offers.

"I couldn't ask that of you. You're so busy with the success of winning a Harper Avery and..." Meredith grabs my hand.

"I would do anything to help my godson. Maybe Zola and he could talk about it." Meredith states.

"I...that might be a good idea." I say.

"They're the same age and are both adopted from orphanages, so they could be a support system for each other." Meredith explains, and she brings me in for a hug. "You are far from a horrible mom Gen. So far from that."

"Thank you, Mer. Go kick that interview's ass."

"I hate you."

"You love me." I yell as she heads to her interview.

_________________________________
3rd Person's POV

"I am you, Chief Resident. What does that mean? It means that I am your chief. Your boss, your commander, your overlord, your queen. It means when I speak, you listen! And when you make mistakes, it reflects on me. So, no mistakes!" Jo finishes saying her speech in the mirror and then turns to Alex, Gen, and Lexie for feedback. "Was it good? Was it scary?"

"Very. Very scary." Alex lies between bites of his burrito.

"Really?"

"No." The three of them tell her, and Jo's smile falls.

"What? Did..."

"I've heard preteen girls sound scarier." Lexie tells her.

"Was that you, trying to be scary?" Gen asks.

"So I didn't sound like Bailey?" Jo asks, and her friends shake their heads.

"I was trying to immolate Bailey."

"Might want to practice that again." Gen suggests. "To be fair, I was afraid to freely say hi to Bailey until three years ago." She shares. They all stop talking as they hear thumping sounds from the room next to them.

"What's that?" Alex asks.

"DeLuca and that intern." Jo answers.

"Again?" Lexie asks.

"Every day. It's like some kind of addiction."

"I had that with Henry in the beginning." Lexie shares. Her eyes widen. "Oh shou...should I be mentioning this to you?" She asks Gen.

"I've heard worst things about my brother with people he's had sex with, and none of them were amazing like you." Gen assures her.

"I...I might have even broken Henry's penis one time because we were having sex too much."

"WHAT?!" Alex and Jo are freaking out, unlike Gen, who is nodding her head.

"How are you not freaking out?" Jo asks.

"I mean, I didn't break Mark's penis ever, but he did bend it through masturbating too hard." Then, they all break out in laughter.

"I cannot look at Sloan the same." Lexie is dying with laughter.

"None of you tell Mark that I shared this. I kept this a secret for a long time."

"Wow...Sloan is..." Alex can't control himself now.

"Did it stay bent?" Jo asks in a whisper.

"No." Gen answers.

__________________________________
"Ugh." Meredith complains as she reads her emails while walking with her sisters.

"What's wrong?" Amelia asks.

"I mean, you win a Harper Avery, and you barely have any time for surgery anymore." Meredith shares.

"Not a problem. What's yours?" Amelia asks Maggie.

"I'm saying yes to a Tinder date."

"Also, not a problem. Yours?" She asks Gen.

"My son is wondering who his birth parents are, and I have no fucking clue who or where they are, so he's angry."

"Now that's a problem."

"Amelia." Meredith scolds her.

"That can be fixed. No big deal." Amelia explains. "Lex?"

"Henry and I just bought a house together."

"What?"

"Yeah, it's more of an investment but a good first home for us."

"Congratulations."

"See you tonight, Clive." Maggie says as she responds to her Tinder date.

"Clive?" Meredith and Gen question her.

"Now that's a problem."

"I'm saying yes to possibility and to life and to love." Maggie defends her choice.

"It's a whole lot of yeses for an early morning." Meredith argues.

"Maybe if it works out, he'll change his name for you." Amelia suggests.

"Wilson, who do have assigned to us?" Gen asks Jo in regards to the interns.

"Oh, okay, uh..." All of the interns raise their hands. "Parker, you're on cardio with Pierce." Jo assigns Parker with Maggie, and they head off.

"I have a splenectomy, and I need a couple of hands." Meredith lists, and the interns all push forward to get her attention.

"Oooh, right here!"

"I think you're amazing!"

"You're popular now." Amelia whispers to Meredith.

"I said try not to embarrass me." Jo reminds the interns.

"Glasses." Meredith picks Schmitt from the group shocking everyone. "You're with me. Let's go."

"Would not have been my first choice. But moving on. Shepherd?" The interns continue to push their way to the front. "Are you kidding me?"

"Roy." Lexie calls out, and the intern comes forward. "You're with me."

"Yes, Dr. Grey." Dr. Roy follows closely behind Lexie.

"Qadri, you're with me on peds and fetal." Gen tells her intern and leaves.

__________________________________
Bailey is having trouble accessing medical records when Arizona approaches her at the nurse's desk. "Bailey, OB is short-staffed, and they keep paging me, but..."

"Dr. DeLuca's an O.B., right?" Bailey questions her.

"Yeah, but she doesn't have privileges."

"Uh, by the power vested in me, blah, blah, blah." Bailey, in her way, grants DeLuca privileges. "Now go find her and tell her she has temporary privileges to stop watching ladies masturbate and to help pull babies out of people."

"In all fairness, she doesn't actually watch them masturbate." Arizona argues. "it's like..."

"Are you having this problem?" Bailey interrupts Arizona and directs her attention to the monitor not working. "I can't get to the medical records."

"Well, let me see if I can help."

"I mean, I got it. It...this...and..."

"Well, why is it..." They both turn around, noticing a man very close behind them.

"Can I help you?" Bailey asks.

"Uh, yeah. I'm Tim. Tim Ruggles from I.T." He shows Bailey his badge. "You called me?"

"Uh, why can't I get into medical records?"

"Oh, have you tried turning it off and turning it..."

"Don't finish that sentence, Tim." Arizona cautions him.

"Look." Bailey points to another computer. "This problem on every computer."

"Oh. Man. Oh, no." Tim exclaims as he sees everyone's facing the same problem.

"Oh, no?" Bailey questions him.

"I mean, cause plus the cardiac monitors malfunctioning."

"Cardiac monitors are malfunctioning?" Arizona questions him. "W...I have..." Arizona rushes to her feet and takes off back toward her patients.

"Yeah, go."

"Oh man, okay." Tim is trying not to lose it, but he's finding it hard. He takes over trying to fix Bailey's computer. "All right, um, so, when you remolded the hospital, the computer systems were all networked. So these malfunctions might be related." He explains to Bailey.

"I don't care if they're related or not. Just make it stop. I can't run a hospital without medical records and cardiac..." Bailey jumps in her seat as her screen, along with others, goes completely black, and then text appears. "Hello, Legacy Memorial. Currently, we control your hospital. We own your servers; we own you...Tim, are you seeing this?"

"Oh, man!" Tim realizes they are all way in over their heads to try and handle this problem.

"We own your systems. We own your patient's medical records. To regain access to your medical records, you need an encryption key which only we have. You will need to pay us exactly 4,932 Bitcoin to retrieve the key. Failure to pay this ransom in a timely manner will cause your records to be destroyed and your systems to be rendered inoperable." Bailey finishes reading the ransom with Tim. The news of the ransom didn't take long for people to voice their concerns to Bailey, expecting her to fix it now.

"When do we get the records back?" Amelia asks Bailey in a conference room along with Alex, April, Mark, Richard, and Tim.

"Look, I've got kids up there. I don't even know what meds they're on!" Alex shares his concern.

"We can't even order meds!" April adds. "And we can't monitor our patients, so...

"Bailey, what are we going to do?" Mark asks.

"I am handling it, Sloan." She turns to Tim. "I thought we were prepared for this. We were supposed to have the whole cybersecurity seminar..."

"We are." Tim interrupts her. "It's this Friday."

"Bailey, what the hell are we gonna do?" Amelia asks just as an intern runs in panic through the hall and falls over a cart crashing hard to the floor.

"All right. See that. That right there is what we're not going to do." Bailey instructs her doctors. "We're not gonna go running around flapping our arms like the sky is falling, all right? Just because we've lost our computers, we don't have to lose our minds, okay?" Bailey takes a deep breath, trying to keep calm. "We need to take a deep breath. We need to calm down because we don't want to panic our patients! We will solve this problem, and we will solve it calmly and quietly. So none of our very vulnerable patients needs to know that anything out of the ordinary is happening, okay?"

"Little late for that."

"And why the hell, not Sloan?!" Bailey scolds Mark just as radio chatter is heard and FBI agents roam the hallways.

"Because the feds are here." They move to the window to watch the incoming FBI agents.

"Everyone, step away from your computer. Stop using the phones. Turn off your phones!" An agent orders everyone. "I need to speak with whoever's in charge. Back away from that computer!"

"Yeah, this is bigger than some small I.T. problem." Mark comments.

"Shut it, Sloan."

I am not looking forward to Arizona and April leaving.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2K 506 35
It's a new opportunity. I get an office, a better salary, more time with my family. It's working out. Except the part where my boss dislikes me but c...
1.6K 20 32
Choosing her cost me everything I'd ever loved... including her. It's why I left the small town where I grew up and vowed never to return. I'm no lon...
82K 1.5K 125
You are Y/n Sloan, little sister of Mark Sloan. You are 26 years old and have been in the army helping out doctors as you wanted to help others after...
297K 4.2K 124
"Don't go for him" She told me "Why not?" I asked "He's um, a little broken I guess you could say" Was her answer I simply nodded, my eyes following...