SMSDF Yamato Isekai

By Yoshiki-909

JS Yamato Aegis is suddenly transported into the world of Azur Lane in a crazy storm. More

Bio
Prologue
New world, another battle
Recovery and explanation
Another Battle, another ship
Calling
Escape of Night
Panda
Discussion Forward
Foggy Battle
Prisoner of War
Bath
Meetings
Date
Battleship Assessment Test
Fleet Assemble
Two Fronts Pt.1
Two Fronts Pt.2

Tour

2.7K 61 37
By Yoshiki-909

A brand-new day arrives at the Azur Lane Base of Pearl Harbor. JS Yamato wakes up early, as usual, thinking about her plans.

Yamato: 'Oh right... I'm no longer in my home. No secretary work to be done.' Changing into her standard uniform. 'I wonder where's the cafeteria?' Exiting her room and walking down the hallway. Soon she spotted a maid coming in the opposite direction.

Edinburgh: "Lady Yamato." Surprised to see her awake early. "Good Morning."

Yamato: "Ohayōgozaimasu Edinburgh." In her own language.  "Can you show me to the cafeteria or a place that serves breakfast?"

Edinburgh: "Of course." Very sure to lead her without any incident, hopefully.

Yamato and Edinburgh arrive at the cafeteria without any problems. Although Yamato's appearance caught everyone's attention, the single Sakura kitsune among Royal and Eagle Union girls. Yamato got a plate of eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, and toast along with a salad bowl.

Edinburgh: "Please enjoy your breakfast, I have somewhere I have to be."

Yamato: "Ok, take care." Edinburgh excused herself and left the building. Yamato took out her personal chopsticks and cut her eggs into bite-size pieces. She wasn't a stranger of Eagle Union's cuisine when visiting Eagle Union territory. "Itadakimasu" Taking the first bite.

Laffey: "Let's sit here." Said nearby.

Javelin: "Good morning, Yamato. May we sit here?"

Yamato: "Of course, I would love some company."

Javelin and Laffey settle down on the table. Laffey took a bite out of her breakfast burger, meanwhile Javelin was lost in thought.

Laffey: "You're not eating..?"

Javelin: "Ah." Snapped back into reality. "I will."

Yamato: "I can tell there's something on your mind. Can you share it with us? You can decline if you want."

Javelin: "Well..." Retold the experience of meeting Ayanami and the enemy fleet. How Laffey gave up fighting and she was busy helping others, before they retreated.

Yamato: "That is very brave of you." Looking at Laffey who finished half her meal. "If it weren't their sense of pride, you could've been gravely injured. Luckly that didn't happened and you two parted without damage. As for Ayanami, it best if you can lure her away from her group and talk to her."

Javelin: "But how?"

Yamato: "Who knows? The battlefield is an unpredictable place, you got to keep an open mind for an opportunity. Maybe you can create an opportunity by falsely engaging against her to a quiet place."

Javelin: "Will she listen?"

Yamato: "That will depend on you, Laffey, and the situation. But don't think too hard about it, just be yourself when the time comes, ok."

Javelin: "Alright, thank you."

Yamato: "Your welcome." Taking her last piece of hashbrown into her mouth.

Laffey finished her meal first and napped a bit, while Yamato and Javelin continued to eat. Later everyone finished their meals and left the cafeteria to start their day.

Javelin: "Do you have any plans today?"

Yamato: "Nothing much, I'm going to check on myself then later have look around of the shops and the rest of this base."

Laffey: "I know where the best sleeping spots are."

Yamato, Laffey, and Javelin walked down port towards the Sakura battleship. They ran into couple of familiar faces. A small crowd have come to see the majestic battleship for her appearance and size.

Cleveland: "Yo, everyone seems interested of your battleship."

Yamato: "Figures." 'Who wouldn't want to see a battleship of the future.' She gave a small sigh.

Hornet: "So you're the battleship everyone talking about." Coming in from behind.

Yamato: "Yes, you are?"

Hornet: "I'm USS Hornet, CV-8 of the Yorktown-class Carrier. Nice to meet ya."

Yamato: "Pleasure to meet you miss Hornet." With a small bow.

Hornet: "No need for the miss part, just call me Hornet. Anyway, that's a great battleship I ever seen."

Yamato: "Thank you. The engineers and shipbuilders worked hard to craft my existence."

Cleveland: "Can we look around on your ship?" A question many other girls shared.

Yamato: "Well..."

Javelin: "I would like to learn about you."

Yamato: "Very well, I'll allow entry on the surface deck. Please don't touch any of the weapon systems."

The group hopped on aboard, while Yamato acted as the supervisor.

Cleveland: "For a future battleship, everything still looks impressive." She said casually.

Javelin, Hornet, Laffey: "Future?/!"

Javelin: "Are you really from the future?"

Yamato: "Yes and no." Confusing the others. "I was born on 2037 in a universe similar to this dimension."

Hornet: "2037..." Calculating numbers in her mind, "thats-"

Yamato: "Close to a hundred year later."

Javelin: "A hundred years, we must be old in your time."

Yamato: 'Sadly all, but HMS Belfast won't live to that day.' She couldn't bear to say that to the youngling. "Enough of time difference, the Sakura Maritime Self Defense Force welcomes you to its only modern battleship." Forcibly switching the topic from watching other tourist guide shipgirls.

Laffey: "Only battleship?"

Yamato: "Times has changed in favor of destroyers, carriers, and submarines. Battleships and Cruisers kind of went extinct or change of definition."

Cleveland: "No more Cruisers?

Yamato: "You can say that Cruisers are uncommon to the number of destroyers constructed, meanwhile battleships like me are very rare in any navy. Let's start with the main gun." The group walked towards the 2nd main gun. "Here we have the 460mm gun, Type 94 Mod 2."

Hornet: Whistle~ "460mm, that the biggest gun I ever heard of." All the other girl nod in slight shock and agreement.

Yamato: "It holds the world record as the biggest naval gun since 1940."

Javelin: '1940...' "Does that mean there's already a ship with this gun!?" The same dots connected with Cleveland and Hornet in shock.

Yamato: "Yes, the Sakura Empire kept their construction a secret."

Cleveland: 'The Sakura Empire have a battleship with a gun like that, I got to tell Wales' Deep in thought as the group moved on to the secondary weapons.

Hornet: "You got a whole bunch of stuff on the side." Seeing a whole bunch of new and old stuff.

Laffey: "A lot of single barrels."

Yamato: "Those are the 127mm cannon and the 76mm autocannon as my secondary guns."

Javelin: "This metal box here?" Pointing at the grenade launcher.

Yamato: "That is the RUR-5B rocket launcher used to counter submarines and torpedoes."

Hornet: "Rocket? Isn't that Iron Blood tech!?

Yamato: "No, everyone has access to that technology and develop their own brand. In fact, most of my weapon systems are Eagle Union tech." Shocking the Eagle Union girls.

Cleveland: "This is Eagle Union tech!?" 

Hornet: "The R&D are gonna be happy to hear this."

Laffey: "What this weird looking telescope?"

Yamato: "That's the laser anti-air defense."

Everyone: "LASER!?!?" All yelled except for Laffey.

Cleveland: "Eagle Union developed lasers in the future!?"

Yamato: "Yes. These ones are Sakura-made using Eagle Union tech and data."

Javelin: "Can we see it in action?"

Yamato: "I guess I can do a test fire." Commanding a JHLA to point to the clear empty sky. "AA#3 fire." The JHLA shot a red beam of light, and everyone watched. The JHLA soon stopped and start its recharge.

Hornet: "To be honest, I was kind of expecting more." Some others nodded agreement.

Yamato: "It's condensed light weaponized for self-defense, quiet and cheap to operate." 'My guns already makes a lot of noise. A 46cm boom is loud enough.'

Cleveland: "So like a laser light show?"

Yamato: "In the public may look at it that way, but these lasers will burn on contact."

The group moved to the stern of the battleship.

Javelin: "Isn't that the one during the battle?" Recalling seeing it flying after IJN Kaga fell.

Hornet: "Propeller on top? Is it also Eagle Union tech?"

Yamato: "Yes, this is made from Eagle Union sold to the Sakura Maritime Self Defense Force. These types of aviation are commonly known as helicopters with a large rotary propeller on top design."

Cleveland: "What can it do?"

Yamato: "The RAH-66 Comanche can so many things as an attack-stealth helicopter. It's good for reconnaissance and sneak attack of its designed features. It can also be outfitted to defend me from other aviation attacks."

Hornet: "Helicopters sound great to have, I want some."

Yamato: "Unfortunately, you have to wait till Eagle Union starts building their helicopters for naval use." Hornet was a bit disappointed.

Cleveland: "Why do you have so much Eagle Union tech instead of Sakura tech?"

Yamato: "Well the Sakura government and Eagle Union are allies and the fact they're willing to sell naval weapons to other allied navy. Also, my cost is already expensive enough, so installing imported naval weapons is cheaper than making a 460mm main guns."

Javelin: "Allies..." Thinking of a future where Azur Lane and the Sakura Empire are good friends, that Ayanami was standing between her and Laffey.

Yamato: "That will conclude our tour of the SMSDF Battleship. I hope you have a lovely rest of your day."

Cleveland: "Thanks for talking about yourself."

Hornet: "Let's go have some fun in the beach~."

Laffey: "hmm ok."

Javelin: "Will you join us?"

Yamato: "Maybe. I'm not sure." 'plus I don't have a swimsuit anymore.'

Javelin: "Oh, ok." Everyone starts to leave. "See you later." 

Everyone has left to their dorms or somewhere else, while Yamato stayed. Soon a car parked nearby with a familiar face or two, leaving the vehicle.

.

I won't be uploading for a week or two for the Finals this week.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 136 17
After the sacrifices of the KAN-SENs, all of them have to survive in our world's conflict after arriving to our world via reincarnation. (Warning: Th...
10K 365 17
What if During the Battle of Santa Cruz, Hornet's ship was towed by the Sakura Empire shipgirls back to Mainland Japan so they could improve the AA g...
23.7K 699 32
During the War Against the Siren's, Essex and some shipgirls including Enterprise were ambushed by a Huge Siren Fleet while they are heading to Pearl...
14.9K 584 23
a young girl battling with her own struggles finds refuge in a ship but little did she know she was aboard a kansens ship