Challenge Against God

By Destic_EM

The protagonist, Astrid Artson, also known as 'THE OMNIPOTENT', is the strongest being in all of the paralle... More

Chapter 0
Chapter 1: AN UNKNOWN VOICE
Chapter 2: A WHOLE NEW WORLD
Chapter 3: CIVILIZATION
Chapter 5: X
Chapter 6: Who are you?

Chapter 4: THE UNKNOWN SYSTEM

68 2 6
By Destic_EM

In the continent of Fantasia

Alvidia Kingdom

The Church of Dosh

The head priestess is praying to Dosh, The God of blessings.
Suddenly a bright light shines on the statue of Dosh.
Priestess: It's a divine message!
The priestess gets on her knees, lowering her head.
Priestess: Oh Lady Dosh! Please bestow upon me your messenger, your holy message.
A feminine voice comes out of the light.
Light: Oh messenger! A great being has appeared on the land. You shall find him and greet him with respect. Make sure not to anger him otherwise terrible things will occur.
The priestess surprised nods her head and takes the voice's word with great importance. The light slowly vanishes after that.
Priestess: Lady Dosh came herself. Usually she sends an angel but this time she came herself. The great being she talks about must be of great importance. I shall inform this to his Majesty and make great preparations to welcome him. But..... Who is the great being?

In the town of Rophia
Silkid Kingdom
One of the border kingdoms of Fantasia

Astrid: Oh is someone talking about me? I wonder who it is.

Vel: What? You feel someone's talking about you?

Astrid: I guess someone is. I mean this is what happens in novels.

Vel's face turns into a disappointed face.

Vel: When are you going to get over these novels? I knew that it was a bad idea to let you read novels when you are bored. Now you are fantasizing and predicting things with it.

Astrid: Come on now, this is what people call cliché. The Protagonist gets teleported in another world and someone notices it and right at that moment the Protagonist sneezes or something and says "Is someone talking about me?" but immediately forgets about it. But that shall not be the case for me. I will make sure to get through all these clichés and use it to my advantage.

Vel:*sigh* When are you going to get out of all this? Anyways that was a close call. The way we avoided the guard was dangerous.

10 minutes ago
At the check post

Voice: May I get your registration?

Astrid: What do I do? Hmmm should I make up an excuse? I mean they should be pretty dumb compared to me.

Vel: What do you mean? Do you really think they are that dumb? Well let's try something I guess.

Astrid: Oh! My registration and identity sir? I am an adventurer. A few days ago while I was hunting I lost my registration card. So I don't have it on me.

Voice: Oh is that so? Then enter the door that will open. You can remake you registration.

Astrid: Alright.

A door appears and opens. As if like a space distorted and opened up. But instead of nothingness in the walls it's transparent. Astrid enters through the door. A wide corridor with an end is seen.

Voice: Please come to the room you see before you.

Astrid: Alright.

Astrid walks for a bit and enters a room. When he enters the room. Many unknown technologies and energies are seen.

Astrid: New technologies I've not seen? Vel scan the whole room and transfer information.

Astrid: So this is a machine where just by placing one's hand it gives all the information of that person. But the technologies used here are similar to my world. How interesting! Let's alter my information. If this is built with my technology then I know more than anyone how to break through it.

Astrid places his hand on the machine. The machine starts to scan Astrid's information.

Astrid: HACK

The machine scans for a bit and displays information.

Voice: Alright. I have checked your information and now I will give you your card when you are outside. Don't lose your card again.

Astrid: Thanks!

Astrid headed outside and gave a smirk secretly. In the machine room after no one was there.

Astrid goes outside and takes his card from the person. The person is a female. Her rich chocolate-colored hair falls gently upon her shoulders in soft curls, and her deep brown eyes shimmer with wit and wisdom. Her sharp features are accentuated by high cheekbones and a pointed chin, and her graceful frame is adorned with an elegant black blouse and a pair of well-fitted jeans. Despite her casual attire, she radiates an air of authority and confidence that draws all eyes to her. Her powerful presence commands respect from all those around her, and her commanding demeanor makes it clear that she is a force to be reckoned with. But of course she is nothing to Astrid. Even an atom has more power than her to Astrid.

Lisa: Hello! My name is Lisa. Here is your card. Make sure not to lose it again.

Astrid: I'll make sure not to lose it again. Thanks for remaking my card.

Lisa: Are you here after a long time?

Astrid: Yes. I was outside the city border for who knows how long.

Lisa: Why did you go outside? And at that for such a long time?

Astrid: It was for adventuring.

Lisa: Are you out of your mind? Do you even know what is out there? You were only there for adventuring?

Astrid: People go out there for adventuring, don't they?

Lisa: No they don't. Only people who can't live and are poor go out there to kill small monsters and earn money. There are monsters which can destroy cities with a flick of a finger out there. Yes we call them adventurers but that doesn't mean they go there to adventure.

Astrid: I mean I can destroy this universe if I want to.

Lisa: People who are poor go out there and stay away from big monsters and hunt small ones. Some who get really strong get recognized by the emperor himself. And you were there just for adventuring? *sigh* Well it's your wish I guess. Here, scan my card. You can contact me through your card. If you ever need anything call me.

Astrid: Um... Ok.

Lisa: Where do you plan to go now?

Astrid: I plan to go to a restaurant.

Lisa: There is an inn with a restaurant near the central square. I recommend it.

Astrid: Thanks! I will go now.

Lisa: Yeah just don't lose your card again. *Sigh* what a crazy person! He was probably hiding from the monsters and surviving from the looks of it. I don't feel an ounce of a strong presence from him. Or is he hiding it? Probably not.

Present Time

Astrid: What do you mean dangerous? It was all according to my plan.

Vel: Well whatever. Why did you choose to go to a restaurant?

Astrid: Why? Of course it's to eat!

Vel: *Sigh* Ok. So what's up with your dress?

Astrid: What do you think? It's the classic Main character dress. Don't I look cool?

Vel: ...... Let's go eat.

Astrid goes to the restaurant and opens the door. Everyone looks at him. Skilled persons and people who have gone through a lot from the looks of it are there.

Astrid: How cliché!

Astrid walks to a table and sits down.

Astrid: What's on the menu?

Owner: Meat and beer.

The owner is a person that looks like a well experienced adventurer. A body of great physique. He even has a scar on his face.

Astrid: Give me 2 plates of meat and 1 bear!

Owner: Here you go.

Vel: Why are you excited to eat this kind of meat?

Astrid: What do you mean? It's to get the feeling of the world!

Vel:*Sigh*

Astrid: After this I will go and look around the city.

Vel: You really forgot about what we came here for, didn't you?

After Astrid finishes eating he goes and explores the city. He goes from shops to inns to historical places to.... Alleyways?

Astrid: Did I get lost?

Vel: That's why I said that I should use the location tracking system.

Astrid: No! I will only use my sense of direction to go explore this.

Vel: Why are you doing this? Joking around? What's your plan? I can never understand you.

Meanwhile a bit later

Lisa is chasing someone. She catches upto the person in an alleyway of sorts.

Lisa: You can't escape now. Give up and spill the info.

Person: *smirk* Restraint.

Suddenly lisa can't move and falls on the ground.

Lisa: What the? What did you do you bastard?!

Person: Boys we got her. The person that was annoying our group for a long time.

Two other people comes from behind Lisa.

Person 1: This demonic powers are great don't you think?

Person 2: Yeah man. And look she is hot up close. Should we get some fun?

Person and Person 1: Yeah why not?

Lisa: You bastards! You bastards made a contract with a demon. You will be executed immediately.

Person: Oh shut up. You can't even move right now. Boys let's start our fun then.

Their hands go closer to Lisa. And she with his rebellious eyes can't do anything and closes them. Suddenly *cut* all of their heads fly off. Lisa opens her eyes and sees their cut off heads in shock. Suddenly Astrid appears with a black but shining sword.

Astrid: There are crimes going on here too?

Vel: Wait what?

Astrid: What?

Suddenly an unknown display appears in front of Astrid.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 1.1K 200
Are you sitting on an airport bench? Or a cafe chair? Or on someone? Are you wearing a disguise to hide your identity because the authorities worldwi...
274K 13.4K 61
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
2.1K 828 136
Original poems and songs written by me. Top rating: musicbook #1 on 3/30/2022!
2.5K 76 5
It was just a normal day, when Naoki suddenly asks Misaki for a date! What will happen? And why is Kai angry about it?! NaoMisa and KaiMisa