Underestimated (MHA x Male Re...

Von Some_Emo_Guy

A MHA x Reader story. You were born with a very unique quirk. A quirk with a lot of mystery. What it lacked i... Mehr

The Beginning
Entrance Exam
First Day
Combat Training
Class Rep
USJ: Part 1
USJ: Part 2
Sports Festival: Cavalry Battle
Sports Festival: Tournament Part 1
Sports Festival: Tournament Part 2
Sports Festival: Tournament Part 3
Sports Festival: Finale
Hero Names
Nighteye's Tests
Suiting Up
Bleeding Out
Pressure
Personal Growth
Secrets
Exam Prepping
Final Exam
Encounter
Wild Wild Pussycats
Camp Training
Good Company
Not a chapter. Suggestions?
Bloodlust
The Lion's Den
A FUBAR Situation
Apologies & Dormitories
Ultimate Moves
A Long Wait

Sports Festival: Obstacle Race

2.8K 92 100
Von Some_Emo_Guy

It was the end of the school day. People were starting to leave the classroom, but were unable to. This was due to the hallway being completely crowded with students from many other classes. "Anyone else feeling kinda claustrophobic?" I said, sarcastically.

"Idiot. They're here to scope out the competition." Bakugo stated. A guy with purple hair stepped up, from the crowd. He stood right in front of Bakugo.

"You can consider this a declaration of war." the guy said.

"For what? The upcoming Sports Festival?" I chimed in.

"What the hell else?!" Bakugo screamed, irritated.

"I'm just saying, who would've thought anyone actually cared about that? It's basically P.E. only with an audience." I replied, crossing my arms. The purple haired guy turned his attention to me, now.

"You fool. The UA Sports Festival is the best chance to get attention from the Pros. And it gives those of us who didn't make the cut a chance of transferring into the Hero Course." he said.

"Wow. I guess I'll be training extra hard for the next couple weeks." I said, smiling.

"You interrupted me. My point is, I'm declaring war on Class 1A because we plan to take the places of people like you, in the Hero Course." the purple haired guy added. Next, a guy I recognized from Class 1B came up to us. I believe his name was Tetsutetsu.

"I came all the way here because I wanted to see the students that defeated real villains! Instead, all I see is a bunch of condescending brats!" he yelled.

"Condescending? You really think we're the condescending ones? At least we didn't gather outside someone else's classroom, just to pick a fight." I simply said.

"L/N, make yourself useful and scare them with your guns." Bakugo calmly demanded.

"Nah, can't do it. I don't have them. Legally, carrying them outside of training qualifies me as a school shooter, even though the ammo I use is nonlethal. Apparently, it was the same when Snipe was going to school here." I explained.

"Damn laws..." Bakugo complained.

"Bakugo's attitude and Y/N's sarcasm have left us hated by the other classes..." Ashido said, sadly.

"Those two are soiling our reputation." Tenya added. Hearing this, I turned back towards my classmates.

"How is it my fault if these guys are a bunch of snowflakes???" I asked, confused.

"It's your timing that's the problem, dude. Now is not the time." Jiro explained, facepalming.

"What? No! It's always a good time for sarcasm. Except when your about to get expelled... Or when it's your mother, you're talking to... Or sometimes grandmother... Hold on, let me think about this..." I said, unsure of myself. Now I was questioning everything.

"Would you shut up!" Bakugo screamed. He turned his attention back to the crowd. "It doesn't matter what declaration you make. All that matters, is that I beat all of you, in the Sports Festival." Bakugo said. With that, he pushed his way through the crowd and went home. Midoriya looked as though he had rediscovered his resolve. That evening, Midoriya said he wanted to show me a great place to train. The next day, he brought me to some place called Takoba Municipal Beach Park.

"Oh, wow... This place is beautiful! And there's lots of room to train, with no one else here." I said, surprised.

"Yeah. I spent the ten months before the entrance exam, training here." Midoriya said.

"Seriously? I always wondered how you gained so much muscle in such a short time. You were able to match my physique in no time! But what kind of training did you do here?" I asked, curiously.

"This beach used to be covered in all kinds of trash. But I cleaned it up, over those ten months." Midoriya claimed. My eyes opened wide, as my brain comprehended his words.

"What?! Oh crap, that's why the path to this place seemed familiar! This place used to be a dump! Well, not literally, but everyone treated it like one and dumped all their unwanted crap here." I realized.

"Yeah. Cleaning this place up was the hardest thing I ever did." Midoriya stated, proudly.

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to help you or train with you. I really am. I got so busy with my own training. And I was working on my shock gloves for a long while, too." I apologized.

"It's fine! We each had our goals to achieve. And you were the reason I stopped overtraining and actually started seeing results. Anyways, I think we should start training, now." Midoriya replied, readily. The next two weeks were pretty typical school days. But outside of school, everyone was pushing their limits, training to the best of their abilities. On the day of the Sports Festival, Midoriya and I met outside our apartment building. Both of our mothers yelled down at us to do our best. Then we were off.

Since the USJ Incident, the public has questioned whether or not UA is capable of keeping its students safe. As of recently, Principal Nezu had announced that UA's security has increased by fives times. The Pro Heroes Mt. Lady, Kamui Woods, and Death Arms are even employed as security. Some time passed and all the classes of UA were in different assigned rooms. Everyone was wearing the P.E. uniform, to make things 'fair'. "Get ready, everyone! We are about to enter the arena!" Iida said. Todoroki suddenly approached Midoriya.

"Todoroki? What is it?" Midoriya asked. The classes' attention was now on the two.

"Looking at things objectively, I think I'm stronger than you." Todoroki said, monotone.

"Huh? Y-Yeah..." Midoriya replied, shyly.

"But...All Might has his eyes on you, doesn't he? But I'm still going to beat you." Todoroki said. Kirishima came up and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey. Not now, we're about to start!" Kirishima reasoned. He was trying to ease the tension. Todoroki removed Kirishima's hand.

"We're not here to play at being friends. So what does it matter?" Todoroki stated, walking away.

"God, you're a prick." I said.

"Excuse me?" Todoroki said, turning around. I stood up and slowly walked towards him.

"Your parents screwed you up so bad that you have to assert your dominance over anyone who's even a fraction of a threat to you. Because what would you ever do without that precious ego? You're no different from Bakugo." I said, condescendingly. From the corner of my eye, I could see Bakugo scowling.

"Is this you coming to the rescue of your boyfriend or something?" Todoroki asked, in a mocking tone.

"See, that right there! That fucking arrogance! That's your biggest problem." I said, intensely.

"I'm arrogant? With a quirk like yours, your destined to be a sidekick, at best. Now, you got anything else to say?" Todoroki countered, menacingly.

"Whoa, guys..." Kirishima said, jumping between us.

"Yeah. I'm gonna beat you into the ground, while the entire stadium and your father watches." I proclaimed, seriously. Iida and Kirishima both came between Todoroki and I, before it could escalate.

"Todoroki." Midoriya said. Everyone's attention was once again on him. "I don't know what you're thinking when you say you'll beat me, but of course your better than me. I think you're more capable than most people...But I can't afford to fall behind. I'll be going for it with everything I have, too." Midoriya proclaimed.

The Sports Festival was announced and all the first year classes walked out into the main area. There was a stage set up for some kind of speech. The Pro Hero, Midnight, stood up on the stage with a microphone in her hand.

'Ohhhh...Midnight!' many of the first year guys thought. (myself included)

"And now, we will ask the first year student representative to lead the pledge. Katsuki Bakugo, please come up on stage!" Midnight ordered. Bakugo calmly walked on stage with his hands in his pockets. The entire stadium went silent as he reached the microphone.

"I just wanna say...I'm gonna win." Bakugo stated. Every student, outside of our class, erupted in an aggressive booing. Half of our class sweatdropped, while the other half facepalmed.

"It's because of him, we're all targets now..." Midoriya said, sinking low.

"It's gonna be a long day..." I added, negatively.

"Alright, everyone! You came for a show and we intend to give you one! The preliminary of the Festival will be an obstacle race around the stadium! It spans a total of four kilometers! And it begins...NOW!" Midnight shouted. Everyone simultaneously bolted for the stadium exit. But it was so narrow and there were so many of us, we were packed into a mob as we tried to funnel through. As people started making it through the tunnel, Todoroki used an ice attack to freeze many to the ground. Those of us in 1A were aware of his quirk and were able to predict and avoid this. Some of whom stuck right behind Todoroki.

I wasn't too far behind, myself. Suddenly, a bunch of the robot villains, from the entrance exam appeared and blocked our path. There were even some of the massive zero pointer robots. Many people stopped dead in their tracks. "Where do they get the funding for these things?!" Yaoyorozu questioned. Todoroki was in the front and immediately went on the offensive.

"So these are the robots from the entrance exam, huh? I'm not impressed." he simply said. With a wave of his hand, a massive ice attack engulfed the entire zero pointer, immobilizing it. Todoroki took off once again, running under it. Then the machine just fell over. The entire time, I had never stopped sprinting forward.

"Clever...asshole!" I said, between breathes. I looked over and saw Bakugo was about to use his explosions to fly around another zero pointer. An idea came to mind and I ran straight at it. Many of my classmates were yelling things like, 'What are you doing?!' But I kept on running. The zero pointer threw a hand down at me.

I jumped just in time and landed on its giant mechanical hand. I kept running up its arm until I finally reached its shoulder...and jumped off. Not without a plan though. Bakugo had just flown around the side of the zero pointer and I landed on his back.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Bakugo screamed, in shock and anger. My weight on his back brought us both down. Bakugo basically face planted into the dirt, while I launched myself off of him just before impact. I had even managed to keep up my speed.

"I'm gonna pay for that later!" I said, somewhat scared. Using my quirk, I was able to run at my absolute peak speed for as long as I wanted, by refilling my stamina at the moment I started to get tired. On top of that, I was super conditioned, so hopefully I would be able to avoid overuse of my quirk. I glanced behind me. Besides Bakugo gunning for me, others were making way. Kirishima and Tetsutetsu had bashed their way through the robots, Sero and Tokoyami had gone around, and Yaoyorozu had made cannons and destroyed the remaining robots. I reared my head forward again. "Dammit, all I can do right now is run! Isn't there anyone at this school that totally sucks?!" I ranted, loudly.

"Yeah! Everyone here but me!" Bakugo screamed. As he said that, he flew right into my back, with enough force to send me flying. It felt like a bull had rammed into me. I hit the ground harder than the Japanese hit Pearl Harbor. Then I realized I was at the next obstacle. It was The Fall: a canyon that can only be navigated by walking along tightropes.

Todoroki had already begun crossing, and Bakugo flew right past me, to catch him. I wrapped hands and legs around one of the tightropes and slowly worked my way across, upside down. I could've tried to walk on the tightrope, but somehow that seemed more dangerous. Some people, like Iida, used their quirks to crossover quickly. Others, like Midoriya, had joined me in the same strategy. For some reason, on his back, he was carrying a sheet of metal from a destroyed robot. "Long time no see, man!" I shouted.

"I don't think this is the time for a conversation!" Midoriya said, anxiously. Just then, a girl with pink hair used some kind of support gear with grappling hooks to quickly work her way over the canyon.

"Oh, come on! What kind of Attack On Titan shit is that?!" I ranted, frustrated. Todoroki had crossed first and Bakugo was almost caught up with him. Then they reached the next obstacle; a mine field.

Todoroki was forced to slow down, due to the mines, while Bakugo continued to fly over. At this point, Midoriya and I had made it across the canyon and reached the mine field. "Okay, I'm open to suggestions." I said. Midoriya lit up like a lightbulb had gone off. He took hold of the piece of metal he had been carrying on his back. He stabbed it into the ground and dug up one of the mines.

"Okay! Now refill that hole in the ground!" Midoriya ordered.

"What?!" I yelled, confused.

"We already know how your quirk works and the conditions it requires! You need a space to refill, in order to refill something right? Refill this hole in the ground!" Midoriya said again. I did as he said, not expecting much. But as i engaged my quirk, the space of the empty hole was once again taken up by a new land mine.

"I didn't know I could use it for something like that!" I admitted, surprised.

"Now keep doing that same thing!" Midoriya yelled. He kept taking the mines out from the hole in the ground, everytime I refilled it. We were basically farming mines, like some kind of video game. After a couple of minutes, we had a literal pile of mines in front of us.

"Wait! Why did we do this?!" I asked, remembering the race. Midoriya held the large sheet of metal in front him and I realized his plan. We each grabbed hold of the metal and jumped on the pile of landmines. The resulting explosion sent us both flying forward, through the air! Todoroki and Bakugo were neck and neck. We were gaining on them, but loosing altitude too fast! Midoriya and I knew what we had to do. In perfect unison, we flipped the metal and slammed it into the ground, on some more landmines. The blast sent us flying forward again, this time ahead of Todoroki and Bakugo! Midoriya crossed the finish line just ahead of me, who came in second. Then Todoroki and Bakugo came tied in third place.

"I-I did it! I got first place!" Midoriya screamed, tearing up. I ran in front of him and placed my hands on his shoulders, shaking him somewhat violently.

"Second place! Yes! We did it, man!" I screamed, excited and proud. Looking around, I saw Todoroki and Bakugo looking agitated. "Not bad for a couple of rejects, huh?" I asked, sarcastically. The two looked away, clenching their fists. The Sports Festival was starting to look in my favor.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

82.8K 1.2K 8
Note: This is a girls of BNHA x male reader. no genderbents. Description/ Summery: When I was young, I thought was Quirkless, and powerless. Everyone...
187K 5.4K 83
Y/N L/N, that's you. Your a bad mother fucka that takes no ones shit, well sometimes. Thus journey will be fun, and kinda boring too but ya know lets...
36.1K 788 19
In this world 60% of the world's population is born with some type of superpower called a quirk, people without a quirk viewed as worthless and expen...
2.5K 40 18
In a world where quirks are everything, Y/n has a seemingly small quirk that hided his true potential. People have always seen him as weak and ignore...