Apricity

Oleh StrayWasp98

Julie lived about a normal life anyone could have. Sure, her mother wasn't home very often, but it's not like... Lebih Banyak

That Sinking Feeling
Sharks and Pufferfish
Author's Note
Waterspout (Short Chapter)
The School of Fish
Coral Reefs, Sea Urchins, and Cousins
NOTICE
Eternal Fear
Deep Sea of Memories
Starfish
Missing Star
Bonus Chapter: Commendable Chase
Two Faced
Mockingbird
Notice
It's not Valentine's Day
The Prickly Pufferfish, and The Gallant Gold Fish
Bonus Chapter: Disney Princesses and Princes
Silver Heart
Red Chrysanthemums
Devil's Advocate
Four-Leaf Clover
Killing Blow
The Weekend
The Way Home
Bonus Chapter: Mr. Charlie
Jekyll And Hyde
Question
Sailor
Announcement
CHARACTER AESTHETICS
Lovely
Happier
Movie Night
Football
Bonus Chapter: Blue
Teams and Enemies
A Memory
Bonus Chapter
NOTICE
The Dinner
????
Untitled Part 44
Update: Alrighty
If I had a nickel....
School
Bonus Chapter: The Wedding

The Aftermath

594 30 6
Oleh StrayWasp98

Oliver's P.O.V

Player 2

Oliver stared at the empty seat. She was gone for another day; she said something about being sick, but that's all he heard from her. Was Julie okay? Did something happen to her? He couldn't help but glance at her empty seat again. Was this what it was like to miss someone? He didn't like it. During the days she missed class, he had written his notes in the way she did. With colorful annotations, and small brief notes, so that when he gave them to her, it would look familiar. Perhaps the information would go down easier that way.

Maybe he should go over to her house. Perhaps she'll open the door and respond to all his questions in a silly manner. Like she always did. But he erased the idea from his head. Whatever was going on, it wasn't his problem.

It wasn't his problem.

He looked at her empty seat again. Perhaps he should've skipped school today.

Oliver stood up from his seat, the school day already over. He didn't have any extra classes today. Which was unfortunate. He liked having something to do. Something to keep himself busy with. But now he had to just go home and meet that useless brother of his.

The distance to his brother's car was so short, he didn't even think when he opened the door and met his brother at the driving seat. A blonde girl sat at the back. Wasn't she at that stupid party? What was her name again? Bella? Beatrice? Becky?

What does it matter?

Julie would want to know. She's always been a bit nosy about whatever drama was going at the time. A sentiment he didn't quite understand. At all. It's not like he hates people, it's just that drama and gossip were never really something he was interested in. Julie was different. She seemed like the kind of person to open Pandora's box just to see what was inside.

"How was school today?" His brother asked. Oliver stared out at the window.

"It was fine."

The girl at the back squirmed. Her blonde hair shined, and she really seemed like that girl at the party.

"How's classes? You understand everything properly?"

Oliver smiled.

"Why wouldn't I?"

Jonathon nodded and focused on the road. Oliver simply kept to himself the entire time.

Julie's P.O.V

Player 1

"No. Nope. I'm not drinking that abomination."

"It's good for you," Robert said, and Chase nodded. I glanced at the smoothie again. There's no way that's good for me. Well, maybe it is, but still. I don't need to drink it. I sighed.

"I'm not drinking it." I push the glass of smoothie across the counter. Chase stared at me with puzzlement. Am I really the crazy one here? I don't think so. It's not like a smoothie is going to make healthier than I already am. This is all just a waste of time. I trace a circle on the counter with my finger, my mind drifting far away from the situation. What did I get myself into?

In all honesty, I never expected the brothers to let me stay home for a little while longer. They think I need the rest; I don't think I need the rest, but I'm indulging them for a little while. It was foolish of me to think that they would have gotten back to normal so quickly. Especially not Chase. But this has gone too far, unexpected or not. I can't let this go on any longer.

" Okay, so, first, you guys need to lay off on all the worrying. I am completely fine. Second, I'm making it official. I don't need to stay home any longer. I will be going to school tomorrow."

"But-"

"No buts. I'm going to school tomorrow. End of story."

Robert and Chase glanced at each other, conflict apparent in their eyes. I knew they would give in eventually, though. After all, they both know it's a bit outrageous to keep me here forever. I'm not much of a lover of school, but even I can admit that when it's time to go, it's time to go. Chase sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Fine. But don't push yourself too hard."

"I never do that when it comes to school," I reply, before jumping off the stool. It's been a weird couple of days. In all honesty, I was just chilling the entire time. Drawing, sleeping, reading that weird book Oliver recommended to me. This was a pretty cool vacation for me. I didn't even need to use my phone, not that I would. There's barely anything to do with it. It died a while back, and I just never bothered to charge it. I wasn't much of a tech person, so I kind of just laid back the entire time.

"I'm serious, Julie."

"As a heart attack?" I reply, as I opened the fridge and grabbed some eggs. I grab some other supplies, including flour and a cupcake pan. When stressed, or literally other time, I like to bake. So that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm craving something sweet, anyway.

"What are you doing right now?" Chase asked, raising a brow.

"Baking."

Robert sighed.

"What do you want to make? I'll do it for you."

"No. I'm doing it. That's half the fun."

Both Chase and Robert stared at each other before leaving. The time I spend baking is a sort of recreational fun. It's also the time I start to do things when waiting for the food to actually cook and the likes. Like charge my damn phone. I start to put on some music and actually charge my phone. I blasted the music to a 100, and I knew the brothers couldn't say a thing about it.

A while later, the cupcakes finished, and I checked my phone. Oh dang. That's a lot of text messages. And from Oliver too. Never thought of him as the type. I called him while decorating the cupcakes.

"Where were you?" Oliver asks through the line.

"In a coma. But only for two days, or something like that? I can't remember. Anyway, I told you I was sick."

"You have missing work."

. "No surprise. Oh, also, I read that book you recommended to me. Very weird, I have to say," I chuckled.

"What's so weird about it?"

"Literally everything. And I mean, everything."

Oliver paused before I heard a slight laugh. It was so very quiet that you wouldn't be able to catch it. But I did. There was a momentary silence before Oliver spoke again.

"When are you coming to school?"

"Aw, do you miss me?"

"No. Merely counting down my days until paradise is over."

"I'm going back to school tomorrow," I said, finishing the frosting for my third cupcake. Chase walked in and stole one of them that was already finished.

"Hey, put that back!"

Chase shrugged and smiled apologetically before taking a bite. He left through the front door before I could tell him off.

"What was that?" Oliver asked.

"My cousin."

"The mean one?"

"Uh, no. Different cousin. He stole my food."

We talked for a while before I hung up. It took a long moment for the cupcakes to finish, but by then, the brothers were already stealing a bunch, anyway. After I took a snack, I walked into the living room to see Xavier playing a game. He was fighting against an AI. I watch merely out of curiosity to see if he was going to win, while praying that he lost. He didn't.

I turn back, ready to go upstairs, but Xavier turned around enough to see me.

"Julie? What are you doing here?"

"Am I not supposed to be in my house?"

"No, I meant-" Xavier sighed. He cursed under his breath before speaking again. "You know that's not what I meant."

"Did I?" I gesture at the TV, where the game was still showing, "That game, by the way? Is that in easy mode?"

"No."

Has to be if he won. Xavier ruffled his hair.

"Do you want to play?"

Well, that's new. The game looked easy enough. And if I played against him, I would definitely win. How hard would it be? If I get to see him lose, then it'd be a win-win situation. For me, that is.

"Ok."

I sat next to him and grabbed the second controller. Xavier grinned before restarting the fighting game. We played for a while, and surprisingly, Xavier won.

"You're cheating."

"No. I'm not."

"You are."

"No."

"Don't lie."

"Only you do that."

I grimace. This was not supposed to go this way. How the hell could he be so good at playing this one damn game?

"You know what? Let's start over. I'm going to win this time."

Xavier shrugged, but I just know that he was being cheeky inside. Probably. Well, whatever. He won't be cheeky for long. I've got a plan this time. Xavier started the game over, and I chose a different character this time. But while we were playing, Xavier glanced at me.

"You're looking pretty healthy," He said, still tapping the buttons on the controller.

"Of course I am. When am I not?" I paused. "Don't answer that."

There was a momentary silence before Xavier spoke again.

"I'm glad you're okay."

"No, you're not," I said in reply. I was close to a combo. Xavier straightened up. He kept his eyes on the screen.

"You're right. I'm not."

Xavier's character had mines in a corner, and I try to get in enough hits as I can. I really don't want to lose again. And as if God himself intervened, I won. I stood up, laughing.

"Ha! See? I told you I'd win. Guess you're not so good at everything."

Xavier smiled.

"Guess not."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

7K 193 21
Since forever it's always just been 13 year old Amelie and her Mum. They may not have been rich in money but they were rich in happiness and they wer...
2.3M 57.9K 35
6 older overprotective brothers. No parents. First year of high school that more than half her brothers go to. What can go wrong? Especially when sh...
182K 4.8K 31
Everyone in life is dealt a hand of cards. The player can't control if they are dealt a good or bad hand but the player can control the outcome if th...
47.4K 891 62
"good from far but far from good" Wealthy American family with father, John Warren and wife/mother, Laura Warren, to five children. 4 boys and 1 girl...