PUPPET // KATSUKI BAKUGO [1]

By Imma_toaster

"I'm not afraid to hit a girl," he argued, and you grinned. "I know you aren't," you said, "because you know... More

Introduction & Disclaimer
Chapter 1 // Tomorrow
Chapter 2 // Luck's For Losers
Chapter 3 // Working Together
Chapter 4 // Familar Face
Chapter 5 // Chatting With The Enemy
Chapter 6 // One Down
Chapter 7 // Getting Closer
Chapter 8 // A Disappointing Win
Chapter 9 // Tie
Chapter 10 // Pitiful
Chapter 11 // News
Chapter 12 // A Friend
Chapter 13 // Making Progress
Chapter 14 // How Ironic
Chapter 15 // Comfortable
Chapter 16 // Things Happen
Chapter 17 // Enemies
Chapter 18 // Hell Is A Place On Earth, A Place With Katsuki Bakugo
Chapter 19 // Bonding
Chapter 20 // Exercise
Chapter 22 // Practical Exam
Chapter 23 // Gesture
Chapter 24 // The Bakugo's
Chapter 25 // Busy Night, Busy Day
Chapter 26 // Darkness
Chapter 27 // Resolutions
Chapter 28 // Naps and Cats
Chapter 29 // Reluctant Tears
Chapter 30 // Switching Sides
Chapter 31 // To Hate You
Chapter 32 // Suffering
Chapter 33 // Blame
Chapter 34 // A Plan
Chapter 35 // Debate
Chapter 36 // Dead Ends?
Chapter 37 // Our End
Chapter 38 // Need
Chapter 39 // The Day After
Chapter 40 // Last
Chapter 41 // Love of Mine
Chapter 42 // Sleep Well
Chapter 43 // In Love
Chapter 44 // Space
Chapter 45 // Revelations
Chapter 46 // Your Name
Chapter 47 // A Little Bit of Motivation
Chapter 48 // The Start
Chapter 49 // Anchor
Chapter 50 // Old Habits Come Around
Chapter 51 // Work Studies Presented By The Big Three
Chapter 52 // Unexpected Guest
Chapter 53 // Opposing Plans
Chapter 54 // A Far Away Peace
Chapter 55 // Never Okay
Chapter 56 // Taken
Chapter 57 // Search and Resuce
Chapter 58 // Moves
Chapter 59 // One Step Closer
New Quirks
Chapter 60 // Thoughts and Talks
Chapter 61 // Nowhere To Be Found
Chapter 62 // Wondering
Chapter 63 // Devising
Chapter 64 // Thoughts and Talks
Chapter 65 // Still Fighting
Chapter 66 // Rescue
Chapter 67 // Priorities
Chapter 68 // Rampage
Chapter 69 // Love Follows
Chapter 70 // An End and A Beginning
Chapter 71 // Hope
Chapter 72 // A Success and A Tragedy
Chapter 73 // Statement
Chapter 74 // Starting Over
Chapter 75 // A New Beginning
Sequel Update
Thank You!
[A/N]

Chapter 21 // School Is Tiring, But Mina May Be Worse

5.9K 180 79
By Imma_toaster

You were confused when you walked through the front doors of U.A and everyone's eyes fell upon you as if you were a walking corpse. Groups of friends chatted quietly as you passed, their conversations clearly about you as they silenced themselves when you were near.

'Do I smell bad or something?' you thought to yourself, discretely sniffing your blazer. 'No, I showered this morning. I brushed my teeth. I brushed my hair. I'm wearing the right clothes. I know I don't have to let paper stuck to me since I haven't used the bathroom yet. My period isn't for a little while. What the hell?'

You rushed to get to Class 1-A. However, when you arrived and slid open the door, you found your classmates beginning to stare at you in the same way.

"Why is everyone staring at me like I just murdered their dogs?" you questioned. "Seriously, the entire student body is glued to me."

"Well, the fact that you're involved with this schools notorious douchebag who everyone despises would surely get you some attention," Ojiro spoke.

"What're you talking about?" you asked in confusion, and it wasn't long before a phone was shoved in your face, pink fingers gripping the device.

You observed what was on Mina's phone screen, and your eyes widened at what you were being shown.

There were pictures of you and Bakugo, but they weren't just any pictures. They were pictures clearly taken discretely of you and Bakugo on the train the day prior. They had been posted to online. The caption read, "I knew they'd get together since the festival."

"You've gotta be kidding me!" you exclaimed with a groan as you snatched the girls phone and began scrolling through the photos.

The first was of you and Bakugo just sitting end to each other. The second was of you leaning close to him as you observed his phone. The third was of when you had grabbed his bicep in an attempt to make yourself feel safer. The fourth was of you holding Bakugo back from attacking the creep you touched you. The fifth was of the two of standing together after you had moved spots. It was taken from more of a distance, and, with the angle, you could see Bakugo's entire body but only the side of your face over his shoulder. It definitely look like the two of you were kissing if you were to just glance at the photo.

"What's with the yelling?" a familiar voice asked, and you spun around to find Bakugo standing in the doorway.

"The entirety of the student body and probably everyone in the world thinks we're dating," you stated in false content before you pursed your lips in anger. "That's why I'm yelling! Look!"

You shoved Mina's phone in his face. He observed the pictures for a few seconds before smirking.

"This is what you're worked up about?" Bakugo questioned while shaking his head. "I thought you didn't care that much about peoples opinions."

"So you're not at all effected by the fact that the whole word thinks we're in a relationship?" you asked.

"I dismiss everyone and everything as is. It won't be hard to do the same if people question that," he shrugged before sitting down in his desk.

"So you're not dating?" Momo asked in an confused tone. You tossed Mina back her phone as you headed to your seat.

"No," you confirmed as you sat. "Those photos don't show shit. Bakugo was just pissed off 'cause some creep touched me on the train."

"Aw man," Mina whined. "You guys would've been our class' first couple, and you would've been so cute!"

"Can you not?" you questioned.

"I can see it now," Mina continued, waving her hands as she stared off into the distance at nothing in particular, "enemies to lovers."

"Shut it, Pinky!" Bakugo exclaimed, explosions crackling in his palms.

"Oh, [L/N]," Todoroki spoke, gaining your attention. You shifted and looked over at him. "I meant to ask, how are you recovering from the villain attack?" the dual haired boy asked.

At the mention of the fight, you brought your hand up to your neck. The bruises had faded enough for you not to have to take the time to cover your throat with an excess of foundation, but they were still visible.

"I'm fine," you eventually said. "Just some bruises and scratches."

"I can't believe you fought a real villain, and it was aired on TV," Uraraka chimed in while smiling, "and you took him down without even using your quirk!"

"Yep, all brute strength," you replied while let out a nervous chuckle, "because using your quirk without a license is illegal, and I definitely would have been arrested."

"Yeah, that totally didn't sound suspicious..." Bakugo whispered in a teasing tone as he craned his head back to look at you.

"Would you like me to announce that you're a little spoon?..." you whispered back harshly, and he narrowed his eyes while pursing his lips.

"That's what I thought," you continued as Aizawa entered the classroom, "now turn back around, Poppy."

"Welcome back," Aizawa said as he moved to stand behind his desk. "I hope you all enjoyed your internships because it's the last breath of fresh air you're going to get for a little while."

You looked around at your classmates, who were all glancing around and chattering quietly amongst themselves at Aizawa's statement.

"Final exams are coming up," the hero continued. "You will complete a three-day written test and then move onto your practical exams. This week, we will study and review. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week will be your written tests, and Thursday will be your practical exams."

Kaminari raised his hand, causing Aizawa to nod at him as a silent confirmation that he could speak.

"What will our practical exams be?" the golden haired boy asked.

"It will involve hand-to-hand combat with your quirks," Aizawa explained, "but we're still working out the kinks of the layout since we now have an uneven number of students."

The hero pulled out a stack of papers from his sleeping bag, which was laying on the ground, and began to pass them out.

"This is a study guide for the written portion," Aizawa said. "You'll take time in class and at home to fill it out. We'll go over the answers Friday."

You muttered out a quiet, "thank you," as Aizawa handed you the packet, which was thick and had at least two dozen pages.

When Aizawa was finished passing out the packets, he slipped into his sleeping back behind his desk, allowing everyone else to do as they please. Some moved their desks together and began to chat while simultaneously working on the review, and others either just talked or just worked.

You scanned the pages of your packet, frowning when you saw there was at least a hundred questions. You knew you were not going to take the time to answer any of them throughly.

'Yeah, I'm just gonna wing it,' you thought while pushing the packet aside and laying your head down on your desk.

¥¥¥

'And winging it paid off,' you thought as you stared down at your written exam, which had just been handed back to you. You got an A minus, which you were totally okay with. However, you were sure it would've been a B or lower if Momo hadn't allowed you to scan her study guide before the test since you didn't do yours.

"Take a look at your grades," Aizawa said from his desk, which he had just returned to, having passed back all of the tests already.

You stood and peered over Bakugo's shoulder and glanced at his score, which was written in red ink at the top of his paper, similar to everyone else's, and read, "A+."

'Damn,' you thought as you sat. 'Does he always have to beat me at everything?'

"You are dismissed from your other classes for the day to complete your practical exam," Aizawa explained. "You have a half-an-hour to get into your suits and prepare. Then head to Ground Beta."

Aizawa left the classroom, supposedly going to do whatever it is he needed to do to prepare for the exam, which left the rest of the class to become chaotic since there was no adult supervision.

"Aw man, I don't like not knowing what we're doing," Kaminari whined from his seat.

"Me too," Mina agreed. "How are we supposed to prepare if we don't know what we're doing."

"We're fighting with our quirks. It's as simple as that," you chimed it. "There's not much to prepare for since we don't know our opponents."

"I guess you're right," Mina said before smiling.

The girl suddenly jumped up and grabbed her case from the wall that contained her suit along with your case before running over and grabbing your hand, pulling you up from your seat.

"Come on, we're gonna have some girl time," she grinned before dragging you out of the classroom.

'Oh god,' you thought.

You didn't know what was more tiring: Mina or school.

[EDITED]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 3.9K 58
Sweet like a lemon, eh? * * * Katsuki Bakugo is ready for his second year at UA to be all about him but the arrival of a mysterious and highly talen...
357K 13K 93
"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠." ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ "𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐞." ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ In which a confident, popular girl develo...
8.6K 302 17
"Where she goes, he goes. If she were to jump off a cliff into freezing water with the consistency of concrete, he'd follow her. They're attached at...
164K 4.5K 30
C O M P L E T E D ♡ ~•♥•~ Bakugo Katsuki, a Dragon Hunter born with a high pride to protect, is an aggressive and overly confident young man. He purs...