PUPPET // KATSUKI BAKUGO [1]

By Imma_toaster

"I'm not afraid to hit a girl," he argued, and you grinned. "I know you aren't," you said, "because you know... More

Introduction & Disclaimer
Chapter 1 // Tomorrow
Chapter 2 // Luck's For Losers
Chapter 3 // Working Together
Chapter 4 // Familar Face
Chapter 5 // Chatting With The Enemy
Chapter 6 // One Down
Chapter 7 // Getting Closer
Chapter 8 // A Disappointing Win
Chapter 9 // Tie
Chapter 10 // Pitiful
Chapter 12 // A Friend
Chapter 13 // Making Progress
Chapter 14 // How Ironic
Chapter 15 // Comfortable
Chapter 16 // Things Happen
Chapter 17 // Enemies
Chapter 18 // Hell Is A Place On Earth, A Place With Katsuki Bakugo
Chapter 19 // Bonding
Chapter 20 // Exercise
Chapter 21 // School Is Tiring, But Mina May Be Worse
Chapter 22 // Practical Exam
Chapter 23 // Gesture
Chapter 24 // The Bakugo's
Chapter 25 // Busy Night, Busy Day
Chapter 26 // Darkness
Chapter 27 // Resolutions
Chapter 28 // Naps and Cats
Chapter 29 // Reluctant Tears
Chapter 30 // Switching Sides
Chapter 31 // To Hate You
Chapter 32 // Suffering
Chapter 33 // Blame
Chapter 34 // A Plan
Chapter 35 // Debate
Chapter 36 // Dead Ends?
Chapter 37 // Our End
Chapter 38 // Need
Chapter 39 // The Day After
Chapter 40 // Last
Chapter 41 // Love of Mine
Chapter 42 // Sleep Well
Chapter 43 // In Love
Chapter 44 // Space
Chapter 45 // Revelations
Chapter 46 // Your Name
Chapter 47 // A Little Bit of Motivation
Chapter 48 // The Start
Chapter 49 // Anchor
Chapter 50 // Old Habits Come Around
Chapter 51 // Work Studies Presented By The Big Three
Chapter 52 // Unexpected Guest
Chapter 53 // Opposing Plans
Chapter 54 // A Far Away Peace
Chapter 55 // Never Okay
Chapter 56 // Taken
Chapter 57 // Search and Resuce
Chapter 58 // Moves
Chapter 59 // One Step Closer
New Quirks
Chapter 60 // Thoughts and Talks
Chapter 61 // Nowhere To Be Found
Chapter 62 // Wondering
Chapter 63 // Devising
Chapter 64 // Thoughts and Talks
Chapter 65 // Still Fighting
Chapter 66 // Rescue
Chapter 67 // Priorities
Chapter 68 // Rampage
Chapter 69 // Love Follows
Chapter 70 // An End and A Beginning
Chapter 71 // Hope
Chapter 72 // A Success and A Tragedy
Chapter 73 // Statement
Chapter 74 // Starting Over
Chapter 75 // A New Beginning
Sequel Update
Thank You!
[A/N]

Chapter 11 // News

7.6K 238 62
By Imma_toaster

"[Y/N] [L/N], please head to the principals office. I repeat, [Y/N] [L/N], please head to the principals office."

You were shocked when you heard your name come through the PA system, and you wondered if something was wrong. General Study students were rarely called to the office.

It was the day after the festival, and you were still somewhat sulking over the fact that you didn't win first place and that you won third, which wasn't even yours to win. The medal should've gone to Iida. All you were was a runner-up.

You had gained a lot of attention around school though. Many students who didn't even acknowledge you beforehand were now calling your name the halls and trying to start conversations with you at any chance they possibly could. Although, it was more creepy than flattering considering most of them were either asking if you were single or asking if you didn't want to be single. Either way, things were starting to look up ever since you made your "statement."

You knocked a few times on Nezu's office door and only entered when you heard a quiet "come in" from the other side.

"Ah, hello, [L/N]," Nezu greeted you calmly, and you looked around to to find both hero course teachers sitting beside the stout.

"What's going on?" you couldn't help but ask as you closed the door and walked over to the three adults.

"Take a seat, please," Nezu said, motioning it the empty seat across from him.

You slowly pulled out the chair and sat down, glancing between the three. You began tapping your fingers against your thigh as you folded one of your legs beneath the other.

"I assume you don't know why you're here," Nezu said, and you shook your head, which the stout took as a sign to continue. "You put on quite the show at the festival yesterday," he stated, "and you've gained the attention of many heroes who wish to recruit you."

Nezu looked at Aizawa. The man glanced at the stout, who nodded, and he then looked at you. He sat slouched in his seat with his hands stuffed in his pockets, his face slightly hidden in his scarf.

"Dozens of requests have been sent in for you," Aizawa said, "but we can't allow you to access them because you're not a hero course student so we," he looked at Nezu and Vlad King, "have decided it would be logical to transfer you to the hero course as soon as possible."

Okay. You definitely didn't see that coming. Well, you did. You just assumed they'd wait a year to transfer you since both classes are already full.

"If you accept, that is," Nezu added to Aizawa's statement. "Of course, you'll remain in General Studies until we work out a new schedule and get you a hero suit, but you'll probably be transferred by the end of this week, and you'll be given the opportunity to pick what hero class you want to be in."

"This is...a lot," you said slowly.

"I understand, which is why you're given a choice here," Nezu responded. "You can either decline and continue your year in general studies and we'll decline all the offers that have been sent in for you, or you can choose to transfer and finish your year in the hero courses. Understand that if you choose to transfer, it will be a drastic change."

"I'll do it," you said quickly, "but I just have one question."

"Ask away," Nezu said.

"Will Shinso be transferred too?" you asked, hope evident in your expression. "He made it to the one v. one rounds too."

"Yes, but he did not make it as far as you," Vlad King finally spoke for the first time since you entered the room. "It is clear that you have much more experience than him and won't have trouble falling into the routine of being a hero student. Shinso needs more practice and training before being transferred."

"Which is why I'll be training him in my free time and after school hours," Aizawa explained.

"So..." you trailed off, still waiting for some kind of definite answer.

"He'll be in the hero course by his second year," Aizawa stated.

"Okay," you said, thinking to yourself. That wasn't too bad. You would still see him throughout the halls, and, next year, you'd be in the same class.

"What about the numbers?" you asked. "Both classes are maxed to twenty kids. Won't adding a student to one of the mess up the scale."

"We thought about that," Nezu began, "and we considered removing students, but we ultimately decided that everyone who's in the hero course this year deserves to be there, so I've taken it upon myself to increase the max number of students to twenty-five per class. That way, we can accept more next year and, if we need to, more can be transferred this year, but, for now, one class will have twenty-one, which ever one you choose to transfer to."

You thought for a moment before asking, "Bakugo is in Class 1-A, right?"

"Yes," Aizawa said, not even trying to hide the slight smile that appeared on his face.

"Then I'll go to Class 1-A," you stated, and Nezu nodded, writing down the information on a blank piece of paper, "but don't think this is because I have some middle school crush on him," you added quickly. "It's fun irritating him. That's all."

"Don't anger him too much," Aizawa replied. "He's already got enough of that."

'That's the truest statement I've ever heard in my life,' you thought as Nezu cleared his throat while lifting his head to look at you.

"Please submit a rough draft of your hero costume within the next few days, and I'll send it to the support department and have it made," Nezu said. "Hopefully, you'll be transferred by Friday or, at the latest, Monday. You may return to class now."

With no need to stay any longer, you stood up and left, many thoughts swirling through your brain. The most evident one: you couldn't wait to see the look on Bakugo's face when you walked into Class 1-A.

¥¥¥

"How about flats?"

"You have a terrible fashion sense."

Shinso rolled his eyes at your response and returned to reading whatever was displayed on his phone.

You had been trying to make something visually appealing for your hero costume ever since you got home, and, of course, Shinso wasn't much help.

"Come on, I gotta have this turned in soon," you whined. "Help me out. I'm not the most creative person."

Shinso sighed, craning his head back before saying, "I don't know, [Y/N]. Look up references or something."

You spun around in your desk chair, narrowing your eyes at Shinso as you ignored his statement and asked, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong," Shinso replied, lowering his head to look at you.

"Yes, there is," you argued, setting down the pencil in your hand. "You did the sigh and the head thingy. What's wrong?"

Shinso shook his head in disagreement before looking back at his phone, and you quickly realized that the problem was obvious.

"Is this because I'm being transferred?" you questioned, and Shinso glanced at you through strands of fallen purple hair.

"No," he muttered, and you glared at him in a similar way that a mother would glare at her child for touching something they weren't supposed to.

"Maybe," he corrected himself.

"Toshi," you sighed, shaking your head as you stood up and walked over to your bed, which is where the boy was sitting. "We talked about this already. Nothing's gonna change just because I'm in the hero course now."

"Everything's changing," he replied as he set his phone down. "We're not gonna be in the same class, and you're gonna get so wrapped up all that stupid hero drama that you're not gonna need me anymore."

"Hitoshi Shinso," you said sternly, and Shinso visibly paled at the sound of you using his full name. "You will forever and always be my best friend, and, besides," you paused, laying down and resting your head in the boys lap, "you're gonna be wrapped up in all that stupid hero drama next year too." Shinso managed a small smile as you reached up and brushed his loose hair out of his face.

"That's next year though," he said.

"Toshi," you laughed. "You live across the street."

"That's different," he claimed, almost whining. "You'll be so busy prancing around school with all those hero geeks and Bakugo-"

"Oh," you interrupted, abruptly sitting up as Shinso finally realized what he said. "This is about Bakugo," you stated, and Shinso shook his head in objection.

"No, no, it's not," he rushed out.

"Yes, it is!" you exclaimed, laughing as you playfully hit his shoulder. "You're totally jealous."

"I'm not," Shinso denied, but you kept rambling.

"You're so worried that Bakugo's gonna steal me away from you, and we're gonna get so caught up in trying to show each other up that I'm gonna forget about you," you said. "Am I right?"

Shinso looked away, mumbling, "partially."

"Well," you began, placing your head in his lap once again. "I'm still gonna sit at lunch with you, and we're still gonna walk to class together. Well, more like walk each other to class, and we can take turns being late. How does that sound?"

Shinso looked down at you, and he smirked slightly, saying, "sounds mediocre."

"Well, we're the mediocre kids," you said, jumping up from bed and grabbing Shinso's forearm. You then began to drag him toward your desk, despite his protests, before forcing him to sit in your leather desk chair while you sat on the arm of it. "Now help my brain-dead ass," you added, handing him a pencil, "or else I will show up to training in pajamas."

Shinso shook his head at your statement, yet he still smiled as he took the writing utensil and began helping you design your costume.

[EDITED]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 3.9K 58
Sweet like a lemon, eh? * * * Katsuki Bakugo is ready for his second year at UA to be all about him but the arrival of a mysterious and highly talen...
433K 11.7K 26
{Abused!Deku x Katsuki Bakugo AU) "What do you mean?" "Look at the Bakugo is fighting. He's purposely avoiding certain parts of Midoriya's body, incl...
63.8K 1.3K 22
Izuku Midoriya is a girl with a powerful power. Well, she was still traumatized by her past that left scars. Three years avoiding social life, she fi...
531K 17.3K 53
STORY IS BEING REWRITTEN UNDER THE TITLE OF 'it began with you'. ---- 𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗰. Y/n was born int...