and we scored

By amyhopeey

NINI I've spent the last years running away from my past. Now, I've finally found what I need. Friends. Coll... More

a playlist
Scene 1
Scene 2
Scene 3
Scene 5
Scene 6
Scene 7
Scene 8
Scene 9
Scene 10
Scene 11
Scene 12
Scene 13
Scene 14
Scene 15
Scene 16
Scene 17
Scene 18
Scene 19
Scene 20
Scene 21
Scene 22
Scene 23
Scene 24
Scene 25
Scene 26
Scene 27
Scene 28
Scene 29
Scene 30
Scene 31
Scene 32
Scene 33
Scene 34
Scene 35
Scene 36
Scene 37
Scene 38
Scene 39
Scene 40
Scene 41
Scene 42
Scene 43
Scene 44
Scene 45
Scene 46
Scene 47
Scene 48
Scene 49
Epilogue
Extended Epilogue
Author's Note
Sneak peek: 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“Œβ„― 𝒽𝒢𝓉ℯ𝒹

Scene 4

5.6K 157 33
By amyhopeey

NINI

"Seems like there's trouble in paradise", April says from where she's sitting next to us, pointing at the group of the hottest five guys the college has to offer, walking together along the cafeteria. She's smirking bright, sucking on her lollipop in her "I love to make boys cry" T-Shirt.

"What do you think happened? Alec seemed pretty furious as he left", Soph joins the conversation, since her boyfriend happens to be one of the named five guys. That guy is so ridiculously hot, the fact he's a billionaire only comes as a bonus.

"I don't know." I reply. "They never hang out together, unless they have to. And they for sure not have Fab Five meetings or whatever. This is new."

"Then it's serious", April says, her smirk brighter. I can't stop but chuckle.

"You are actually enjoying this", I let out and April nods, making her braids swing in the air.

"As long as it makes Coin crush and burn, I love it", she replies. Noah Coin, the captain of the football team, another ridiculously hot guy, is her worst enemy. I've known April since my freshman year, when we were selected to the same dorm room. There are five girls in our dorm room. Soph, April, Dia, Nessie and me. We all became besties and are inseparable since. They are now the family I've always wanted yet never got.

"You two are going to kill each other one day", Soph replies and I have to laugh again. The laughter is quickly stopped as a pair of deep green-blue eyes meets mine. And I have to swallow hard. Caden West, Wrencore's hockey legend, just looked at me. From all the five guys, Caden is the only one I find beautiful rather than hot. Everything about him is perfect. His eyes. He's dark hair. His well-worked body, that shows off the fact the guy is an athlete. He's the only one that ever managed to give me butterflies. And he doesn't even notice me.

I swallow hard and try to push the thought aside. As I said, I'm not looking for a boyfriend. Not after the years of hard work I put to run away from my past.

"Daddy Boy really seems pissed", April continues, using the nickname she chose for Soph's boyfriend.

"He really is", Soph answers in a worried tone, her eyes fixed on Alec.

"Then it must be something you related", April replies smirking. She's right again. Dunn might be a tough guy and all, but he also has one weakness. Soph. He threatens any guy that dares to look at her more than five seconds with a death stare and would kill anyone who hurts her.

"I hope it's not. For the sake of the person." If there were any rumours of Alec hurting guys that hit on Soph before, her face expression right now confirms them all.

Silence installs at our table, so to break it, I ask: "We're still up for movie night tonight, right?"

Soph and April both nod their heads. Dia and Nessie, who were kissing their boyfriends until now, probably missing out the whole conversation, decline, saying they have plans with the guys. I bet I know what plans. Still sucking on her lollipop, April asks: "But can we please watch anything else rather than romcom?"

I quickly shake my head. I'm a romcom obsessed person. I love the little clichés, like the umbrella scenes or the cringey stuff. I love them.

"No way. We already settled on Mama Mia."

"We've already watched it like a thousand times. No." April tries to protest, yet I have an argument that always works.

"We get to do ABBA karaoke."

She even makes the effort to seem to think about it for a second before her face lights up and she says: "Yes. I take the lead on Money Money."

"I'll need a video of that." We can hear Dia say, giving off her headphones for a few seconds. Dia, well actually Lydia but we always call her by her nickname, always wears headphones on. No matter if she's alone or with people, she always has them on. Only when we five are together she would give them off. Yet the rest of the time, those on-ear big black headphones are either around her neck or covering her ears.

As soon as I nod smiling, she puts them back on and continues kissing her boyfriend, who doesn't seem to mind the fact she's listening to music. I think he already got used to it by now.

We continue eating and telling each other about our day, until the guys enter again and April starts moving her arms like a crazy person.

"Soph! Go ask Alec what happened!" She tells our friend. The blonde stares at us confused and asks:

"Why me?"

April's eyebrows raise significantly.

"Because he's your boyfriend. And you're the only one from us that can bribe him with French Kisses."

Soph almost chokes on her food and replies: "You're disgusting!"

April starts smirking and adds: "As if you haven't done that by now."

Soph doesn't answer, only stands up and heads to her boyfriend. However, as she turns around to look at us, her cheeks are red. April and I start chuckling.

"They have definitely done that." My best friend adds.

I nod and chuckle again. "What do you think happened between the guys?"

"I don't know, but we're about to find out", she says, pointing to Soph hugging Alec and the two whispering stuff to each other.

"Do you think it's bad?" I ask, a bit worried after taking a look at Caden and noticing he's pale.

"I don't know. And I don't care unless it's about me finally getting rid of Coin." April replies. Exactly as she said that, Noah Coin passed by our table and obviously heard the comment. He turns to look at my best friend, smirks and shows her the middle finger. She sticks out her tongue and shows him two middle fingers.

"Go to hell", Coin tells her, yet he's still smirking. April doesn't back down.

"But that's already your home."

The guy's face expression changes from a smirk to a mouth twitch, as he leaves to sit down next to his best friend, April's brother.

"Honestly, I don't know how Kai does it. It's just...my brother is this sweet person and he voluntarily chose this guy as his best friend..."

"Relax," I say, yet I'm anything but relaxed seeing that Caden really is pale. And he seems scared. I really start wondering what happened.

I look around for Soph yet she already disappeared with her boyfriend. Worried, I pull out my phone and start texting her.

ME: Hey, Soph. U okay? Want me to save you some food?

ME: And btw, can you tell us what happened?

SOPH: Hi. I'm fine. Just a little busy with Alec. We left early and aren't coming back.

"What does busy mean?" I ask April, hoping I don't sound dumb.

"What do you mean what does busy mean?" April asks, having no idea what I'm talking about.

That's the moment Adam Cunnan, Alec's best friend and another hot billionaire who ended at our table, takes a sit on his chair and takes a bite from his apple. I've been sitting at the same table with this guy for a few months now, since Soph and Alec got together, and I've never seen him eat anything else but apples.

"Who is busy?" He asks us, joining the conversation.

"Soph and Alec. She texted me she's busy."

"Oh",  Adam says, putting  a smirk on, then going with his hand through his ginger hair. "Yeah, you don't want to know what that means. It's incredibly PG and very disturbing."

I flip him off with the middle finger and his smirk turns brighter. For someone who is supposedly a very terrifying CEO, he sure is a fun person to hang out with.

Which makes me realize, that he's also part of the Fab Five and might share what happened with us.

"Hey, Adam?" I begin and he raises an eyebrow, since I rarely call him by his first name.

"Yes, Nini?" He replies teasing. I roll my eyes dramatically. He smirks.

"What happened between the Fab Five?"

He chuckles and replies: "Honestly, you have to stop calling us like that."

"Oh, my bad. The incredible hot looking five guys. What happened?"

Adam laughs again and answers: "Sorry, can't tell. That's another incredibly PG story that you kids might not handle."

"Did you start making out or something?" I ask shocked and April turns her whole attention back to the conversation and away from the law text book she was studying for her classes.

"No. Less kisses, more broken bones."

His smart watch starts beeping and he quickly stands up.

"Sorry, got to go. I have a meeting to attend to."

I nod, although I still can't stop being surprised every time he says that. He's only twenty one and already has his empire with his own security company. Meanwhile me, I'm nineteen and struggling to get roles at castings.

Adam leaves and I'm left with a bigger wish to find out what happened.

"Text Soph again", April tells me, apparently with the same wish as mine. Only, hers is more drama related and mine is more related to Caden.

I nod and continue texting her.

ME: Babe, what happened between the Fab Five?!

ME: Cunnan seemed to want to hide it.

Although she might be "busy", she still answers:

SOPH: Alec too.

SOPH: I only got some bits.

SOPH: I'll tell them over to you at movie night.

I lift my phone as if it were Simba from Lion King in the Circle of Life scene and give April a hug.

ME: That's my girl.

ME: Love you, babe.

SOPH: Love you too.

SOPH: Got to go now. Alec has a meeting soon. See you later.

I don't want to know what they're doing, honestly.

Yet I still have a good feeling that we're going to get some answers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 2.6K 34
An anxious homebody gets roped into her university quarterback's scheme to get back at both of their exes. **** Highest rating: #7 in books | 7 - 1...
27.8K 277 50
They were from different worlds. One being a world of imagination the other being very much physical. Maya was an aspiring artist, moving across...
2.1M 56.4K 54
[COMPLETE] Soz this may be cringe, it was written very long ago A seemingly ordinary, working college girl meets a cool, undeniably sexy boy with m...
11.3K 342 45
Lyla heads into her final year of College after getting through the summer of dealing with her break up with Shawn. Has she moved on? Even Lyla might...