RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.1) (M...

By ZANE_555

It's been a long time since Y/N step foot in Vale. He was searching for information as best he can. Until he... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 10

1K 28 4
By ZANE_555

(Beacon's Main Hall)

The team coronation ceremony is in full swing with Ozpin standing behind the mic as he speaks. 

Ozpin: "Russel Thrush. Cardin Winchester. Dove Bronzewing. Sky Lark. Please step forward."

The four students walk their way to the stage, standing in a line in front of Ozpin.

Ozpin: "The four of you retrieved the black bishop pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team CRDL, led by... Cardin Winchester!"

The audience gives one more wave of ovation, while four students walk down to the stage to take their places in front of the headmaster as their faces fill the screen.

Ozpin: "Jaune Arc. Lie Ren. Pyrrha Nikos. Nora Valkyrie. Step forward."

They get up on stage, standing in a line in front of the headmaster.

Ozpin: "The four of you retrieved the white rook pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team JNPR."

As the crowd applause, Nora laughs and gives Ren a hug.

Ozpin: "Led by... Jaune Arc!"

Jaune: "Huh? L-Led by...?"

Ozpin: "Congratulations, young man."

A smiling Pyrrha put a proud hand on his shoulder, though Jaune looks uneasy about it, despite his smiling expression he has going on. Only for Nora to pop up behind Juane.

Nora: "Good for you, Jaune!"

She slaps him on the back, causing to fall to the ground by sheer force of her slap, prompting the audience to laugh at this.

Jaune: "Oww..."

Nora: "Oops!"

As they left the stage with Nora apologizing to Jaune, Ozpin continues speaking.

Ozpin: "And finally: Blake Hemlock. Ruby Rose. Weiss Schnee. Yang Xiao Long. Step forward."

As instructed, the four girls head to the stage just like the previous teams.

Ozpin: "The four of you retrieved the white knight pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team RWBY. Led by..."

The smirking Weiss begin to step forward, thinking the headmaster is about to call her name, until he declares. 

Ozpin: "Ruby Rose!"

Weiss looks to her right in horrified disbelief. Blake simply has her eyebrows perked. And Yang had a brief and uneasy look on her face before going to hug her little sister.

Yang: "I'm so proud of you!"

As the crowd applause, Ozpin then motion Team RWBY to step back from the stage. As all of this is happening, Y/N is applauding to his new friends. He soon gets nervous as he's sweating bullets, pondering to himself.

Y/N: ("Shit! I lost the red chess piece! I don't know where it is. I still got the playing cards but, will Ozpin even allow it. Ugh, I wouldn't be so nervous if Ozpin wasn't planning to mention me not having a partner or a relic. Why couldn't he just secretly tell me only and not do in front of everyone?!")

He waves at Team RWBY as they run to him.

Y/N: "Congrats, guys. You too, Ruby for being the leader."

Ruby: "Thanks, Y/N. But what about you?"

She motions that no one is around as everyone are already in a team but, him. Y/N scratches the back of his head.

Y/N: "W-Well, I-"

His words are interrupted by Ozpin's voice on the mic. 

Ozpin: "Now then, for those who didn't find a partner or obtained a relic will be forced to be expelled from Beacon. However, for those who have the red pawn piece will be given a second chance. And that second chance comes in the form of being the 5th member of a team established here today."

Y/N: ("Wait, really!? Shit! Why the hell did I lose it!?")

Ozpin clear his throat before he speaks further.

Ozpin: "Y/N L/N. Please step forward."

Y/N proceeds to walk up the stage to meet Ozpin, trying his best to hide his nervousness. Ozpin continues.

Ozpin: "Although you have failed to find a partner, you are the only one that came back with a red pawn relic."

Y/N: ("Ah, great! Should I tell him that I lost it? Does he already know? He must've known, right?")

Ozpin: "You may not heard the memo, Mr. L/N, but you must give the chess piece to Miss Goodwitch, not to me."

Y/N: "Huh?"

His eyes widen when he sees the headmaster take out a red chess piece from his pocket.

Y/N: ("What the?")

The headmaster then looks at the crowd of students. 

Ozpin: "Since he obtained this relic, Mr. L/N will now be a fifth member of a team."

The crowd begin to whisper and chatter with one another with Y/N saying back.

Y/N: "U-Um, thank you?"

Ozpin: "Well, this is the first time this had happened. And it would be a shame to send off someone like you away."

Y/N: ("Someone like me?")

Ozpin: "Now tell me. What other chess pieces were between your chess piece?"

Y/N ponder over the headmaster's question for a moment before answering.

Y/N: "It was... the white knight pieces." 

Ozpin just smirks at this as he says loudly. 

Ozpin: "If that's the case. You will be joining the team that holds the white knight piece. Therefore, Mr. L/N will be Team RWBY's fifth member! Henceforth, this new team will be called Team RWBY+Y/N! Congratulations."

Most of the crowd begin to clap, not expecting this turn of events. While some were skeptical or just weren't clapping back. As Y/N leave the stage, he's completely dumbfounded over what just happened. 

Y/N: ("What in the gods' name just happened?")

But he then gets tackled into a hug by Ruby and Yang, causing him to fall to the floor along with them. 

Y/N: "Ow..."

Ruby: "Yay!"

Yang: "Way to go!"

Weiss just couldn't comprehend what just even happened, while Blake just gives Y/N a smile. 

Blake: ("Good for him.")

Y/N tries to get up from the floor with the two sisters still hugging him. Y/N then looks back at the headmaster who merely smirk.

Ozpin: "It looks like things are shaping up to be an... interesting year."

________________________________________________________________________________

(Ozpin's Office)

The irritated Y/N slams his hands in Ozpin's desk.

Y/N: "What the hell was that?!"

Ozpin: "Calm down, Mr. L/N. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you that I had a spare chess piece with me."

Y/N groan as he walks around the room. Glynda is standing beside Ozpin, watching Y/N calm himself down.

Y/N: "Anyway, I got the cards you asked for."

He places down the three playing cards on his desk. 

Y/N: "What are these cards, Ozpin?"

Ozpin take the cards and examines them.

Ozpin: "Oh, these cards from last year's initiation so, you retrieving them back is a small test for you."

Y/N: "So I guess that means I pass."

Ozpin: "Indeed." 

As he said this, the headmaster extends a hand for a handshake.

Ozpin: "Once again, congratulation, Mr. L/N."

Y/N stare at the hand for a bit before proceeding to handshake with him. The headmaster sits back down.

Ozpin: "You may leave. Miss Goodwitch will show you to your dorm room in a few moments."

As Y/N leave the headmaster's office, Y/N ponder over the sudden appearance of his cousin, Darius, who he thought died when their hometown (Brightwell) was destroyed.

Y/N: ("Don't worry, Darius. Once we meet again, I'll going to help you. I just know I can.")

Back at Ozpin's office, Glynda looks back to Ozpin, who still looking at the three playing cards.

Glynda: "Are you sure he'll be fine as a student?"

Ozpin: "The young man will have doubts and may even desire to leave but, I know that the longer he stays here in Beacon and connect with the students here, the more attached he'll be to the school and everyone in it."

Glynda: "I... see."

Glynda goes to the elevator shaft to meet up with Y/N. Ozpin proceed to put away the three cards: a King, an Ace, and a Joker card.

__________________________________________________________________________

Y/N waited for Glynda to show up out of the elevator shaft. Once she did, he turns to face her. 

Y/N: "So, I guess that makes you are one of my teachers, huh?"

Glynda: "That's correct. Your combat instructor, to be exact."

Y/N: "Oh... that's good to know."

Y/N looks away from the woman's gaze, making her perk a brow.

Glynda: "What is it?"

Y/N: "Oh, it's just that... I'm not exactly the best in... sparring matches."

Glynda, remembering Y/N's files of his expulsion from Signal Academy and the incident behind it, approach him a bit with a warm smile.

Glynda: "It'll be fine. I'll make sure nothing goes wrong."

Y/N: "Oh, I'm glad to hear that. Thank you, Miss Goodwitch."

He proceeds to bow out of respect. Glynda was surprised by this student's mannerism. 

Glynda: "You know, when I first heard your mentor was Qrow. I assume you-"

Y/N stand straight, gazing at the deputy headmaster.

Y/N: "I be a mini version of Qrow, right?"

Glynda: "Y-Yes."

Y/N: "Don't worry. I won't cause trouble. Now that I'm a student, I'll do the best I can here."

Glynda giggle at his remark.

Glynda: "At any rate, I will show you to your dorm room."

Y/N: "Lead the way."

They begin walking to where the dorm rooms are, while having a small chat here and there. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(The City of Vale)

It was nighttime with the broken moon lighting up the night sky. Roman is in his hideout, planning the next stage of his heist, muttering his way through different plans. But none of them seem to work in his favor. 

Roman: ("Dammit. The cops are closing in on our operations too quickly. I need some distraction, something to throw the cops off our trail. But what...?")

The crime boss thumbs through a newspaper about the Vytal Festival and its financing around the globe. He goes to the next page to see an article about the White Fang and their violent protests. Even having a photo, showing the members dressed up in matching black, white, and red outfits with their logo on their backs. This prompt him to pause for a moment before having a conniving smile on his face. 

Roman: ("This might just work.")

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 460 35
Here is the second volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing Series) Disclaimer: I don't own RWB...
1.4K 16 23
This is my (Male Reader x RWBY x BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle) fanfic. Whether you think this is canon to my previous fanfics or not is up to you. When...
7.4K 190 43
Here is the sixth volume of this fanfiction I'm doing. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic I'm doing is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing...
14.3K 285 9
An evil plan revealed. A terrible truth uncovered. Even after they had stopped Roman in his heist, Team RWBY aren't convinced it's over and with the...