and we scored

By amyhopeey

NINI I've spent the last years running away from my past. Now, I've finally found what I need. Friends. Coll... More

a playlist
Scene 2
Scene 3
Scene 4
Scene 5
Scene 6
Scene 7
Scene 8
Scene 9
Scene 10
Scene 11
Scene 12
Scene 13
Scene 14
Scene 15
Scene 16
Scene 17
Scene 18
Scene 19
Scene 20
Scene 21
Scene 22
Scene 23
Scene 24
Scene 25
Scene 26
Scene 27
Scene 28
Scene 29
Scene 30
Scene 31
Scene 32
Scene 33
Scene 34
Scene 35
Scene 36
Scene 37
Scene 38
Scene 39
Scene 40
Scene 41
Scene 42
Scene 43
Scene 44
Scene 45
Scene 46
Scene 47
Scene 48
Scene 49
Epilogue
Extended Epilogue
Author's Note
Sneak peek: 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“Œβ„― 𝒽𝒢𝓉ℯ𝒹

Scene 1

11.4K 188 178
By amyhopeey

CADEN

"Fuck you!" My girlfriend's voice tones through the room as she's throwing my sweatshirt at me.

"Gladly," I reply smirking. Tessa gives me a death stare and I immediately take my comment back.

"All I asked you to do is come to this one party with me, so that I wouldn't have to look like the world's biggest idiot in front of all of my friends, and you didn't even bother showing up!" she continues screaming. My head is already hurting from the bruise I've got from tonight's game when the goalie of the other team hit me with the stick. It wasn't that bad, yet it still hurts. Which only made our victory sweeter.

"Tessa, baby, I've already told you. We had a game. The opening game of the season. I couldn't come to the party." I explain, trying to get her in a hug. She pushes me away and quickly goes to take her clothes from where they were lying on the floor. She looks up at me and gives me those big doe brown eyes, that make me do everything she asks for. They're worse than an addiction.

"It wasn't just one party." she mumbles, yet she stops realising what she said isn't true. It was just one party that I couldn't come to. Normally, I'm there for every party she asks me to come to. I really am. She never comes to any of my games and I don't even take it out of her. At the beginning of our relationship, I thought it were normal if she would do that. I come to her parties, she comes to my games. But then I understood, it's not okay to have expectations and I should appreciate her as she is. Maybe the girlfriends of the other team members are just too madly in love to show up in the rink.

I try my best to come closer to her and kiss her, yet she pushes me again. "You know what, Caden? I think that maybe I'm just too good for you", she shouts. I don't even understand what has gotten into her.

"Tessa, you can't seriously mean that. It was just one fucking party I missed. It's not the end of the world. I promise I'll be there for the next one."

"But what if you're not? What if you have another game and you'll leave me alone?"

It's either I'm still spinning from the hit I took on the ice or she's really exaggerating.

"Tessa, baby, please. I promise you it will be only this one time. And I already explained why I couldn't be there. I'm the team captain. And it was the opening game. I couldn't miss it."

"Is hockey more important for you than me?" she asks me, almost crying.

"Now you're really exaggerating." I let out, not knowing how to answer to that.

"You haven't answered my question. Is hockey more important to you than me?"

I take a deep breath, clearly done with the world right now. I am tired from the game, I'm hurting from the hit and I'm sore from before, when Tessa still was in a good mood and she let us spend our time more productive. "Tessa, baby, no. You are more important than anything to me."

"Then why couldn't you answer the first time?"

I honestly need to get out. Let her calm down. Come back sometime later, when she is back to being her normal self and we can talk this out like two normal people. Or we can not talk it out and just kiss and make up.

"I am tired, baby. That's all. It's been a tough game."

Tessa sighs annoyed and screams: "See! You're talking about hockey again."

"You asked me."

"I asked you why you couldn't answer the first time."

She sighs annoyed and I frown exhausted. I hate it when we fight. And lately it seems like it's all we've been doing.

As she could read my mind, she takes a deep breath and sighs: "Caden, I think I'm the only girl in the world that would ever want to date you."

I look at her completely in shock, since we both know that isn't true. She might be Tessa Long, the most popular girl in school, well-known influencer and all, but I also have my fame. I'm Caden West, captain of our college's hockey team. I have a reputation damn it. And that reputation leaves girls waiting in line to be able to date me. And Tessa knows it.

However, none of us says something. She's too busy giving her rant about me and I'm too tired and surprised to think of anything to say.

"I really think I'm the only crazy bitch that would ever give you this," she says that pointing to her beautiful silhouette and straight blonde hair. It is true, one can't deny it, that Tessa looks hot. She looks very damn hot. One look at her almost has me pushing her against the closest wall and marking every part of her with kisses. Claim her. Make her mine.

"You know, I think we should take a break." she ends, her voice confident. It's only then I tune back in and want to make her want to stay with me.

"Baby, no. Please, no. You know I love you. Don't do this to me." I say, begging her, coming closer to her so she can understand how much I need her.

"No. Caden, we started getting too toxic. And it's clear you don't care about me."

"I do..." I correct her, still wondering what the heck has gotten into her.

"You don't. Not as much as I care about you."

I sigh and lean my back against the wall, sinking to the floor. She looks at me from up high and says: "Yet, I am willing to give you a second chance."
It's then I also look up to meet her eyes. Her eyes are unreadable, only a slight tone of something that feels like mischief hidden in them.

"Say it. Anything. I'll do anything to have you back."
She nods at me as if she would have expected it and begins: "I need you to prove me other girls would date you as well. Not just me. What I want is for you to come together with someone else for three months. If you do, then we can come back together. If you don't, I'll move on and tell everyone that the relationship between you and that girl was just a deal."

I look at her with my eyes wide open. Did she go insane or something? There's no way I'm going to play with someone's feelings, just to get back with her. But what's more insane, is that I am even considering doing it. Only for her.

"Fine," I give up. "I'll let you know who my new girlfriend is tomorrow morning."

"Not so quick, Loverboy", she stops me by bending down to me and brushing her thumb on my lips, sending a feeling of desire all across my body. Screw it. The deal is worth it. "We both know you'll have plenty of options to choose from", she adds, admitting there are other girls wanting me. I hardly hide a grin. Tessa only goes on with her mastermind plan: "You'll have to date someone that would represent a challenge. Someone, that wouldn't fall so easily for your charms." She takes a break for suspense and it's only after a good few seconds pass by that she ends her speech saying: "Someone, like Sofia Estair."

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." I let out. There's no way in hell Sofia Estair would ever want to date me. Not only is she royalty, and I mean it, the girl is a freaking princess of a small country somewhere in Europe who decided to spend her college years in the States; but she also just got back together with the love of her life, who happens to be most dangerous guy in the world, Alec Dunn. I might be friends with him and all, but he would for sure hunt me down if I so much even looked at his girl. He would even get away with it since he's the CEO of the biggest hotel company this planet has and everyone would believe him rather than me. That is if I could talk. Knowing Dunn, he might spare himself the drama and just kill me on spot.

"That's my condition", Tessa says.

I try to change her mind again: "I wouldn't even be alive for dating you afterwards. Dunn would make sure of it."

"Take it or leave it." She whispers while brushing her lips on mine, to tease me and give me a picture of what I'll be rewarded with if I played along with her little scheme.

Damn it.

"Fine," I say, not knowing what I'm putting myself into. "But only if you promise me we'll get back together afterwards."

She smirks at me and slowly presses her lips on mine, creating another chill through my body. "Promise." As she lets go, she reaches out her hand and asks: "Deal?"

I sigh and shake her hand: "Deal."

She still keeps holding my hand as she uses all her strength and pulls me closer, giving me hungry kisses. "The deal starts tomorrow." She whispers out of breath. I push her til we're both laying on the floor. "Let's make this a last day for you to remember." She adds and slowly tucks on my shirt, to remove it.

I'm sure going to remember this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 97 24
I swallow nervously looking away from him "I have them for you." He says quietly. "Have what?" I say lowly, wanting to hear him say it the same way h...
658K 21.6K 61
They're on opposite ends of the financial spectrum. Complete contrasts when it comes to popularity. And their relationship has a deadline. Lily: Col...
1.8M 45.6K 64
Abby Ryan has her whole life planned out, up until graduation that is. As a journalism student at the University of Southern Washington, she has one...
29.6M 505K 68
"I'm the sexy guy in school, and all the ladies want me. So don't act like you don't. And try not to make it seem like a surprise Princess because yo...