simply in love (jenlisa)

بواسطة mandunini_

a story of two people in love. nothing extraordinary, just lisa and jennie being simply in love with each oth... المزيد

prologue
1
2
4
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23

6

1.5K 98 30
بواسطة mandunini_

"It's only been two days," I said in surprise when she came in sight, leaning against her car with a grin.

It's only been two days since I last saw her, and that's when she said she loves me.

"I would see you everyday if I could," she pushes herself against her car and comes to me. My eyes darted to her injured hand she's hiding behind her, until she brought it out holding a stem of yellow rose. "Only for you, hun."

I took the lovely flower from her hand. I can't take my eyes off it. It's gorgeous. Lisa's doing everything to make me happy.

Should I even ask for more?

"Where do you want to go, honey?" she smiles wide, taking a step closer to place a kiss on my cheek.

That endearment still surprises me. It makes my heart flutter. Lisa's making me feel a lot of things.

"Anywhere with you is fine," I smiled.

"Come on, just anything you have in mind? What do you wanna do today?" she asks, seeming to be in a good mood.

"Uh..." I looked around as I tried to think.

That's when I spotted familiar brunette hair with stubbles all over his jaw, coming out of a store with his black backpack on, white shirt and black worn-out jeans an converse.

His smile briefly appeared when he saw me, it slowly faded seeing the flower on my hand.

"Hey Jennie."

I nodded. "Did you double check the inventory?"

He saluted playfully, "Yes, ma'am," he laughs. Then his eyes darted to Lisa again, then to me, "Have plans?"

"Yeah," I answered simply. "You?"

He yawns.

"Going straight home. I'm tired."

"Me too, this was a tiring day for us," I forced a smile. "Great job today, by the way. You really know how to persuade people."

"You bet I do," he grinned, then looked over at Lisa again, "Your friend?"

"Girlfriend," I corrected him, biting the insides of my cheek. Coming out to people was never easy, but you just learn to be more calm about it overtime because it should be simply introducing your lover to people. Love should make everything simple.

I felt Lisa's hand on my shoulder as she leaned a little to extend her uninjured hand to Andrew, "Lisa."

Her voice was deep and cold.

"Andrew. Nice to meet you," replied Andrew shortly, also shaking her hand quickly before looking at me. I appreciated that he didn't react differently. He turned his gaze back to me and smiled, "Enjoy on your date. See you tomorrow Jen."

I felt Lisa's breath hitting the back of my neck.

"Yeah, okay. See ya."

We waited for a few moments until Lisa spoke. "So that was Andrew."

"He's okay, right?"

"I guess so," she shrugs, still looking serious as she opened the car door for me. "Have you decided where to go? Or are you too tired to go out?"

I whipped my head back to her at her tone.

She bit her lower lip. "Sorry.. just.." she shook her head, "Where do you want to go?"

"Home."

Her face fell. "Jennie..."

I looked far ahead. "You can come with me and meet my family if you want."

"What?" she asks in surprise, then takes a deep breath when I looked at her questioningly. "I mean I don't want to come unprepared."

"Okay. Then let's just stay in the streets, talk. Like usual."

She frowns but nodded, "Okay."

I watched as she circles her car to go to her side. On our way, she kept glancing at me. "It's not that I don't want to meet them, you know. I just haven't gathered courage. I want them to like me."

"They already like you."

"Really? Do you talk to them about me?"

"Of course..." I tilted my head down, "And they've been asking about you a lot."

Awkward silence followed.

I used to be fine with quiet moments with Lisa, used to love just being around her and watching her every smile.

When her car came to a stop, I faced her.

"Can I meet them today-"

"Is this still going somewhere-"

We said those at the same time and stopped, her brows furrowing. I was surprised too that she was willing to meet my family.

"You're doubting us?" she sounded hurt... and maybe mad. "Just because I couldn't meet your family earlier?"

Closing my eyes while pinching the bridge of my nose, I leaned my arm on the door. "It's not that, Lisa," I slowly opened my eyes to look at her. "Don't you think we're too different?"

"In what way? That I love you and I want to make this work, and you're doubting what I could do for you?"

My chest was getting tight hearing her voice tremble.

I'm aware of being in love with this woman. And I'm also aware of hurting myself more if I do this.

"If you want to make this work then why lie to me?" I couldn't hold myself back. She looked taken aback. I bit my lower lip and continued, "Did something happen in Japan? Why were you avoiding me? You weren't injured yet when you were gone and don't you say it's because of work- you lied."

"How did.." she clenched her teeth, looking away.

"You were avoiding my calls, you were avoiding your employees," I was vague, trying to hear more from her. "What happened in Japan?"

"Fuck, what did Rosé tell you?"

I suddenly felt cold, numb.

She saw my reaction and panicked.

"Something happened?"

"No, no... Jennie, fuck, no," she leaned to me and all I could do was flinch and move away but she held my hand, maybe scared that I would run away. I tried to shake her off but.. "I didn't know at first. We drank that night. I woke up beside her, I thought something might have happened that's why I couldn't talk to you yet; I was scared. But Jennie, nothing happened. She told me so when I got injured while trying to avoid her. I- shit, it's a lot but please believe me."

"You're telling me you avoided me because you thought you cheated, then learned you didn't and used your wrist to keep your lies for those days you avoided me," I stated with a blank face.

"I was scared because you've been jealous of Rosé before and.. and I just realized I'm in love with you, I couldn't lose you," she's still panicking, looking into my eyes, "I'm so sorry."

I looked out of the window, a bitter smile creeping on my lips. "All those sweet words and gestures just because you wanted to make up for your lies. I knew something was off."

"I knew I loved you before I even left for Japan," she leans on her chair, head down towards the wheel with her arms around it. "It's... fuck, it's a white lie. Couldn't you look past it just this once, Jennie? I didn't cheat on you. I would never."

"You know damn well why I don't believe those words Lisa," I said calmly, even when it's hurting me inside.

I'd rather feel numb again than feel this.

She raised her head and looked at me with those sad brown eyes, "I'm not him. I won't do what your father did."

"You don't know that, Lisa..." I whispered, "I don't think you'd be honest about it either. Who would, right?"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry for lying..." she says quietly, "But please let's talk it out. I promise I'll be more careful, I'll be better. Our differences? Fuck, I can live with that. And I'll try not to burden you with those things. I just... do you even feel the same way I do, Jennie?"

"I..." I let out a deep breath, "Need some time alone."

"Don't break-up with me," she pleads.

I bit my lower lip.

She sighed and brushed her fingers along my cheek, "Jennie, please..."

My eyes slowly drifted to the window behind her and did a double take when I realized who's outside looking in.

"Oh my God," I muttered.

Lisa also looked over her shoulder in surprise, seeing my brother.

She tilts her head a little realizing he didn't see us, he was just looking at his own reflection in Lisa's window. I lowered my head in embarrassment.

"Hyunsuk-ah..." I sighed.

"He's wearing the shoes," Lisa says with a small smile, watching as my brother walk further. She looked at me, a hopeful smile on her face, "Can I say hi?"

My mouth zeroed, not knowing how to respond. I looked at my brother who's jumping on his place like a fool, as if testing his shoes.

The truth is, I didn't give him those. I just left it on my table. I guess he saw that it was for him because I often leave my room open if ever they need stuff inside.

"He should at least thank you in person for those shoes," I bit the insides of my cheek.

She smiles a little before pushing the door open. I went out too and called my brother. "Hyunsuk!"

His head perked up, his smile wide. But his eyes widened more when he saw whom I was with.

"Noona!" he runs over to us, calling me but his eyes were on Lisa, still grinning, "Ooh, Lisa is this tall, huh? She looks like a celebrity."

How could I save face with him being like this?

Lisa chuckles at his reaction.

"Lisa, this is my brother Hyunsuk," I introduced him. "Hyunsuk-ah, this is—"

"Sheesh, of course I know Lisa Manoban! You stare at her pictures all day!"

I met Lisa's questioning gaze but it was obvious a smile was about to appear on her lips.

"Nice to finally meet you Hyunsuk," she speaks for the first time.

"It's about damn time," he crosses his arms, "How can you come here all the time but never inside our house? I was starting to think you're just playing my noona's heart— ouch!"

He yelped because I smacked him in the head.

"I'm taking her seriously, Hyunsuk," Lisa firmly answers, her eyes on me, "Very, very serious."

"How serious? Are you planning to propose to her anytime soon?" he asks while scratching the part that I smacked.

"Yah!" I glared at him. "Just go and thank her for the gift, then go home."

His face lights up as he faces Lisa, "I really love it, Lisa! You're awesome! You should marry my noona!"

"Stop talking about marriage," I whispered to him with gritted teeth. Then I straightened up, trying not to pout as I stared at Lisa, "Sorry about him. He's just like that when he's so excited."

"I don't mind," she smiles, then turns to Hyunsuk, "I wasn't sure if you'll like that kind of shoes. That one's a limited edition. Next time I'll contact you to know what you prefer."

"Heck, yeah— aw, noona!" he whines when I pinched his ear and dragged him closer, then I draped an arm around him although he's already a bit taller than me.

"You," I darted my eyes to Lisa, "Don't spoil him. And don't be fooled by him."

She quipped a smile, "Yes ma'am."

God, I love that smile.

"And you," I looked at Hyunsuk, "Go home."

He turns to Lisa, "Want to meet our mom? I swear she'll like you."

I quickly shook my head. "Not now, Hyunsuk. She needs to go," I said, letting go of him.

Lisa just stared at me blankly for a while before nodding her head to Hyunsuk, "I'll meet her next time, okay?"

"Promise you'll come back?" he asks, I sighed.

"Yeah, sure," she responds nicely.

I didn't expect Hyunsuk to raise his fist, waiting for Lisa to bump it.

Lisa's dopey smile flashes as she bumps it.

"Thanks again for the shoes Lisa!" he says, jogging backwards.

"You're welcome, Hyunsuk."

"Bring Jennie noona back to us when you're done talking!"

I glared at him until he was out of sight. Lisa was smiling as she goes in front of me, "Your brother is cool."

"You're only saying that because he idolizes you."

"As long as he wants me for you, he's cool," she forces a smile, "Just please, don't push me away."

"I still think we're too different..."

She steps closer, slowly leaning in. I closed my eyes and felt her lips swiftly leave me a lingering kiss then she quickly pulls away, "We'll handle it. I promise we can do that."

I still had my doubts but true to her words, she tried to do everything. The following week, she picked me up from work everyday which got me surprised. She takes me out for dinner, listens to me talk about how my day went and just... kisses my worries away.

This is the first time I got inside her house, inside her room. Her parents are nowhere to be found. I doubt she'd bring me here if they were here.

I sighed on her lips when my back hit her bed. She gently pushed me down.

I gasped when I felt her teeth sink on my shoulder blade, then pressed her lips to soothe it. It wasn't a harsh bite but definitely nothing I've felt before.

This whole thing is different, actually.

My chest was rising and falling heavily when her darkened eyes went to the skin exposed by my shirt, the first two buttons were popped open and the thin strap of my tank top underneath was pushed down to my arm.

Her cheeks turned red when our gazes met.

I can feel that she loves me with the way she touches me, the way her gaze liners on me. She's doing more everyday, spending time with me and treating me special.

And yet, we both know I haven't fully recovered from the scare of last week.

She kissed my forehead and rolled off me when I straightened my clothes, covering my exposed skin.

"Do you want to sleep here? You can have my room," she talks, as if her eyes didn't show sadness seconds ago.

"Next time, honey. I think I should go home," I replied.

She smiles and nods. "Let's go."

We both stood up, fixing ourselves. I was looking at myaelf on the vanity table when my eyes caught something sparkled from the table, catching my eyes. I curiously looked over the familiar-looking necklace.

I brought it to my hand, letting the pendant hang in the air.

"Your necklace is pretty."

Suddenly, Lisa is behind me, her hand wrapping on my own that's holding the necklace.

"That's.. not mine," she bit her lower lip while looking at the necklace, I was watching her reflection until she looked at me. "Do you want one of those?"

I looked directly into her eyes. "Whose?"

She broke eye contact. "A friend. Left it on my car. I'll return it tomorrow."

She was leaving out the details so I knew it was definitely Rosé.

"Your friend is lucky she didn't forget it elsewhere. This one is pretty expensive."

"Yeah?" she wraps her arms on my waist, looking at us on the mirror, "Okay, I'll return it as soon as I can."

"Good. She said it herself, she can barely afford it with her paycheck. I'm surprised she's not keeping it carefully."

Her face was unreadable as we held our gaze.

She firmly places her hands on my hips and turns me to face her. "Jennie."

"Lisa," I said, equally just as firm, "You can't keep lying and keeping things from me."

"I just drove her home yesterday because someone at work suggested it and I couldn't say no in front of them," she says defensively, "I haven't even spoken to her outside work except yesterday."

"You even covered her scent with your perfume," I shook my head, smiling in sarcasm.

I remember when Rosé's scent first lingered in her car before. Hers was strong, I'm surprised it wasn't there yesterday when Lisa drove me home but I remember Lisa's scent being stronger than usual.

"I didn't want us to fight," she sighed, sounding agitated. "Why do you always do this? Police me, see if I'm lying before saying you  actually know things... this shit is so fucking.."

"Tiring," I finished for her, looking into both of her eyes calmly, "You lie, and I catch you lying. Must be really tiring for you."

"I'm sorry, okay?" she her forehead creases, her hands gently stroking my cheeks, "I won't keep it from you anymore even if we fight."

"I'm sorry too," I said.

She smiles forcefully, pressing her lips on my temple, "I love you, Jennie."

"I'm sorry, Lisa."

That was the end of us.

-

A/N: but not the end of this story, just to be clear. hahaha

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

181K 1.5K 20
-COMPLETE- A STORY WHERE JENNIE KIM AND LALISA MANOBAN HAS AN INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP BUT KEPT IT FROM THEIR PARENTS AND USES THE TERM "PROJECT" JUST T...
7.6K 163 9
Well nothing to say.....just read it and find out by yourself
112K 4.4K 32
2 Girls. 2 separate lives. 1 chance encounter. How will two strangers' relationship develop after unfortunate circumstances forces them both to reinv...
16.8K 1K 49
Lisa's life changes in a day where she meets a woman not in a very pleasing situation. She doesn't know what will happen afterwards, and for the firs...