The Innocent Mistake

By Poohbear8435

"Sidhaaarth..", the young girl cried again. "What did you say?", He asked. "Sidharth?", She replied a little... More

The Cover
Prologue
The Innocent Mistake - 1
The Innocent Mistake - 2
The Innocent Mistake - 4
The Innocent Mistake - 5
The Innocent Mistake - 6
The Innocent Mistake - 7
The Innocent Mistake - 8
The Innocent Mistake - 9
The Innocent Mistake - 10
The Innocent Mistake - 11
The Innocent Mistake - 12
The Innocent Mistake - 13
The Innocent Mistake - 14
The Innocent Mistake - 15
The Innocent Mistake - 16
The Innocent Mistake - 17
The Innocent Mistake - 18
The Innocent Mistake - 19
The Innocent Mistake - 20
The Innocent Mistake - 21
The Innocent Mistake - 22
The Innocent Mistake - 23

The Innocent Mistake - 3

1.9K 284 146
By Poohbear8435

Consider the story as fiction and refrain from abusing me. If you aren't liking it then I will change the character names.

Unedited 🙏
________

(Toilet Flush Sound)

(Tap water running)

(Door creaks)

Sana saw Priya strolling outside the bathroom door and gulps.

"Maa...", Sana speaks in scared and meek voice

"Did you get it?", Asked Priya halting in her trail.

"Maa, I think I am feeling fine today.", Sana said.

"Sanaaa!! I am sick of your excuses and I really don't have time for it. I am getting late for my office. Your father doesn't take any responsibility and everything is on my shoulder. Just give me the stool sample container now..", Priya yelled.

"S... S.. Sorry Maa.. since I was feeling better, I didn't collect any stool in the container..", Sana stuttered.

"Arggghhh..  I asked your father to do this work but you gave him 4 different excuses in these 5 days since we saw the doctor. The first two days went into constipation, the next day you forgot, yesterday you attended the nature call in a hurry without taking the container and now you are telling me that you are feeling alright? Rrrrr.. Do you realise that food poisoning is a serious problem? If they don't identify the underlying cause, the treatment will delay. You have your exams in two weeks...", Priya scolded her daughter angrily.

"But, I am feeling better..", Sana spoke in irritation.

Priya's phone rang and she answered it.

"Hello... What?.. Oh hell!! Nisha can you manage it for a while, I am on my way.", Priya hurriedly ran towards the door and Sana sighed in relief.

"Sana.. I am going to talk to you in the evening. The maid will come at 10. Eat your food and drink lots of fluid. If you are not feeling well then ring me up. Don't watch television, anyways I've disconnected the cable so there is nothing to watch. No going out. Do your revisions especially the ones where you missed classes.", Priya gave a set of commands and left even before Sana could answer.

"Yes Maa.. Bye", Sana replied in a depressed and soft tone to literally no one but herself now.

Tears ran down her cheeks automatically when she closed the main door, having realised how lonely she was. It wasn't until a few weeks that she would start crying all of a sudden. She would be irked and disturbed by any trivial issue. The most recent was collecting a stool sample. She was absolutely disgusted even at the thought of someone handling or testing her stool hence she had been procrastinating it. She decided to hide her sickness by telling she is fine. Anyways her parents were never there to watch her.

She locked her room door and sulked alone as usual. She decides to divert her attention by indulging in revising her favourite subject Biology.

Opening the book, she looked at the index of chapters which were all ticked by her except for the chapter reproductive system. She was reminded of the dreadful day when she missed the lecture and the subsequent day due to fever.

Pushing back the thoughts, she went to the page and started reading it. Just after reading few paragraphs, she felt like throwing up. She rushed to her bathroom and flushed out the water which hadn't even reached her digestive system.

When she returned and tried reading the chapter, she realised that the chapter was just worsening her mental health. The words reminded her of her best friend, Sidharth with whom she spent doing the practical session of the theory which she was reading now. She shut the book immediately and curled up into her bed to cry again.

<Ding dong>

The sound of the doorbell stuttered her. The clock displayed 10:18am. She went and opened the door to allow the maid in.

"Good Morning Sana baby", greeted the maid who has been working for them since 8 years now.

"Good Morning Aunty..", Sana wished in a flat tone.

"Are you alright? Your eyes have turned sore? Were you crying?", Asked the maid.

"No aunty, I was studying..", Lied Sana.

"Oh.. okay. I know it's your 10th matriculation exam hence you must be studying overnight. It's good but don't spoil your health baby.", Suggests the lady.

"Hmmm", Sana quietly nods.

"Did you eat something baby?", The lady asked.

"Not yet aunty. I don't have an appetite.", Sana answered.

"You will spoil your health like this. Skipping breakfast can lead to acidity. Have something to drink at least.", The maid insists.

"Okay Aunty.", Sana agrees.

The lady went in and warmed up some milk for Sana. She poured it into the glass and brought it back.

"Baby.. drink this milk quickly and give me the glass. I will clean it along with other dishes.", The lady placed the milk on the living room table and called Sana, who was now in her room. She then went inside the kitchen to clean the pile of soiled dishes left by Priya in the sink as usual.

Sana came out and looked at the milk. Plain milk was her all time favourite but today she felt disgusted by just the look of it. Nevertheless, she picked up the glass and gulped the entire content in one go. Her stomach grumbled as she went to the kitchen to pass the glass.

"Aunty glaaa...", Sana couldn't complete her sentence as she felt extremely nauseous. She pressed her palm to her mouth and ran at full speed to the bathroom to empty the milk she had consumed just a minute ago.

"Baby, are you alright?", The maid followed her and asked in concern.

Sana couldn't speak until she emptied every single droplet of milk from her gut. She gargled and rinsed her mouth before stepped out fully exhausted.

"I am fine Aunty. I shouldn't have drank that milk even after feeling disgusted by looking at it.", Sana said.

"I am sorry baby. I insisted on drinking it because that was your favourite drink.", The maid said.

"It's okay Aunty.", Sana said politely.

"It's definitely acidity. That's what I was telling you a few minutes ago. You should have some lemonade.", The maid suggests yet again

"Please aunty, I don't want anything right now.", Pleads Sana having drained up all her energy after puking. She held back the urge to yell at the lady because her mother wouldn't spare her life if the maid resigns. Sana sometimes felt her mother loved the maid more than her own daughter.

"Should I call madam and inform her?", The maid asked.

"No aunty, I want to sleep for a while.", Sana said immediately because telling her mother will worsen the situation, she thought. That too when she had almost convinced her mother that she was feeling well.

"Okay baby. Rest for a while. I will finish my work and while I am leaving, I'll make you some lemonade.", She suggests and Sana agrees.

.
.
.

"Sana, I am going shopping. Do you need anything?", Priya asked opening her room door.

Sana paused on the task of chewing the pencil and moved her eyeballs away from her books to look at Priya.

"Aaa.. a sharpener. The one I had broke", Said Sana

"Hmm.. why do you need it though? Your teeth aren't enough, is it?", Priya asked sarcastically as she had seen her chewing the pencil. Sana made an irritated face.

"Anything else? Sanitary napkins?", Reminds Priya.

"No maa. I haven't opened the previous one.", Sana said.

"What? Last I got was 3 months back. What have you been using during your periods?", Asked Priya.

"Maa, what will I use when I haven't got one.", Sana said irked by her mother's question.

"Sana? You haven't got your periods since 3 months? Why didn't you tell me before? We have to go and see the doctor.", Priya questioned walking inside and sitting on her bed. Reminding of the doctor was a final nail in the coffin and Sana lost her calm. To avoid the doctor since the last visit, she had been secretly taking antiemetic medicine and skipping food during exam hours.

"Maa, I am studying. It will come when it has to come. What will you or the doctor do? For God Sake!! Please do not disturb me. Tomorrow is my last paper of the preliminary exam.", Sana screamed.

"Stop yelling at me, Sana. I am not your kid to yell at me. I am your mother. Show some respect. You are getting arrogant day by day. I had been tolerating your tantrums for quite long now as I felt it was due to your exams pressure. I won't tolerate it any further. I am taking an appointment with gynecologist for day after tomorrow.", Priya yells and leaves.

Sana annoyingly throws the pencil in her hand. She had been always an obedient child but now she would burst out without control.

.
.
.

[Bell rung]

"Pens down.. everyone.. pens down.. stop writing..", the invigilator cried infront of the class.

"Okay, I am going to collect the papers now but please be seated in your places and don't leave until you are asked to.", Invigilator said while collecting paper from the students one by one.

Soon the classroom was filled in with more class 10 students from other examination hall. While every student started discussing the questions and answers from their recent exam, Sidharth sat lost in his thoughts with his head down.

"Hey dude. Looks like your papers didn't go well just like mine.", Said a boy who occupied the seat beside him.

"Hmm..", Sidharth hummed nodding his head.

"Chill, we still have a month and a half to prepare of the finals though. Will get there.", Said the boy.

Sidharth nodded his head again in agreement.

"So, excited to go home for study breaks?", Asked the boy.

"I am staying in the hostel.", Sidharth replied.

"Why? Don't you want to go back to family and friends?", Asked the boy.

More than family, Sidharth's attention went to the word friends, which reminded him of his only friend, Sana. The friend whom he didn't have any face to show. The reason he decided to stay back at the hostel during the study break was the fear of facing her.

"Hey seniors.", A voice broke Sidharth's thoughts and he looked ahead to find a group of 9th class students standing in fron of the classt.

"We are excited because we are soon going to be seniors ourself. Hence we are throwing a party to everyone to come and join us in our celebration to our seniority.", The entire class laughed while Sidharth just stared blankly.

"Well jokes apart,. We are here to invite you for your farewell party tomorrow. We hope to see y'all.", Announced the boy and everyone hooted in joy.

.
.

"Mrs. Kapoor, the blood reports have arrived and.." the doctor paused. Her facial expression was intriguing and disturbing Priya.

"And what doctor? Is my child alright?", Priya panicked as all kinds of negatives taughts cluttered her mind. She didn't want to hear of any dreadful disease happening to her daughter.

"She is pregnant.", The doctor said.

"What? What are you saying? Who are you talking about? How could Sana be? There must be some mistake with reports, you might have got someone else's report.", Priya blabbered in shock.

"Mrs. Kapoor, that's why I ran an ultrasound on her and unfortunately, she is pregnant.", Confirmed the doctor.

"How is it even possible, doctor?", Priya stood up and screamed while slamming her palms on the table.

"I am sorry..", is all the doctor could say.

"She is just 16..", Priya mumbled and collapsed on the chair. She hid her face and cried loudly. Sana, who was asked to sit outside the clinic, came inside hearing her mother scream.

Finding her mother crying her eyeballs out, she ran to her side and squat near her chair.

"Maa.. maa.. what happened? Why are you crying?", Sana asked in fear and concern. Priya paused and lifted her head to look at Sana with her blood shot red eyes.

"Whose dirt are you carrying in your stomach, bitch?", Priya grabbed Sana's hair and gripped it in anger making her shriek in pain.

"Aaahhh.. Maa.. it's hurting..", Sana cried.

"Mrs. Kapoor, please stay calm.", The doctor was petrified.

"Tell me you little slut. Whose dirt are you carrying?", Yelled Priya twisting Sana's hair by encircling it around her palm to tighten her grip. Sana held her hair and wriggled in her torturous grip. Her painful cries were unheard by her mother. The innocent girl had no clue about what her mother meant by dirt and what she was speaking about.

"Mrs. Kapoor, leave her now else I will have to call security for help.", Yelled the doctor.

"She is my bloody daughter. I have all the rights to do whatever I wish.", Priya yelled back.

"No, you don't. If you don't stop, I will have to call the police.", The doctor warned.

"Do you even understand my condition doctor? She is just 15. She is freaking pregnant! I can't celebrate her pregnancy unlike other parents would. How do you expect me to react?", Asked Priya loosening her grip on Sana. Sana was shocked hearing the news in clear words from her mother's mouth.

"Nurse, please take the girl out.", The doctor signalled. The nurse obliged. Sana observed her mother's face while going out, which caused her tremble in fear.

"I totally understand Mrs. Kapoor but aren't you acting in haste? Why are you beating her like a cattle? What if she is a victim of sexual abuse or molestation? Your behaviour can cause damage to her mental health.", Explained the doctor.

"Huh!!", Priya gasped learning the possible reason. Her anger was now turned into horrible nightmare. She shivered at the thought.

"Drink some water Mrs. Kapoor.", The doctor said passing her the glass.

Priya wanted to deny it but her throat was indeed drained due to screaming and crying. She accepted it and gulped the water.

"How long she has been pregnant?", Priya asked.

"A little over 13 weeks.", The doctor replied.

"Doctor, I want it terminated.", Said Priya.

"Mrs. Kapoor, she is very young. Her body isn't in best condition to go through this procedure. Her iron levels are low. It could be dangerous and life threatening. She can develop infections. Even the slightest miscalculation can make her incapable of getting pregnant in future. I won't suggest it.", Said the doctor.

"What do I do doctor? Teen and unmarried pregnancy isn't appreciated or supported in our society. Her life will become a hell.", Priya cried.

"Mrs. Kapoor, I suggest you to speak with Mr. Kapoor first. Be calm and don't jump to decisions which might leave you in repent for life.", The doctor said.

Priya nodded her head totally lost in her thoughts of how she will break the news to her husband and what would be the consequences of it. She got up from her chair and exits the cabin. She saw Sana sitting outside and sulking into her palm.

"S...Sana..", Priya spoke in choking voice which made Sana stand up immediately in fear.

"Come.. let's go home.", Said Priya in a low voice and starts walking to the exit. Sana wiped her tears and followed her mother.

_________

To be continued.. ❤️❤️

Please remember it is a fiction. If you feel I am making a mistake, then I will change the character names.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 640 13
What to write.... Just read the story to know as I can't think of any good description. Taekook / kookv As always top kook Tae as girl ( warning do...
862K 40K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
23K 3.5K 14
A famous singer, who is losing something. A musician who does not have something. Two broken souls connect through music and create a harmony.. (Comp...
570K 12.8K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.