favorite crime (ethan landry...

By JAYJSMAYBANK

and i watched as you fled the scene doe-eyed as you buried me one heart broke, four hands bloody. ~ ‼️ based... More

introduction
02
03
04
05
06
07
important 🍉

01

383 8 0
By JAYJSMAYBANK

one year after the attack

Y/N:

"hey Y/N, ready to go?" tara calls out to me from the room next to me.

after our so called friend and sam's psychotic boyfriend tried murdering us, we decided we needed to start from square one again.

"yeah just give me a minute!" i say fixing my hair, and giving myself one last look in the mirror.

we were currently attending the same university, and when we moved here, me, tara, and sam decided to live in the same apartment a long with our new roommate, quinn. mindy also met someone, a sweet girl named anika, and chad and my brother have their own place, with their new roommate named ethan.

me and ryan are still on good terms with our adoptive parents. although in the beginning after they told us about our real parents we were a bit doubtful, but we eventually got over it and forgave them. they may not have birthed us but they still raised us as their own, and gave us the love every child deserves from their parents since the day we were born.

they even suggested us to move over here, and are paying for our college education. i can't thank them enough.

anyways, we were on our way to a halloween frat party, and i honestly didn't want to go since these type of college parties give me major anxiety, but tara wouldn't stop begging me and i eventually gave in.

she can also get out of control at times at these things, so i wasn't going to let her go on her own, she already has sam paranoid.

tara walks into my room, "woah you look so good". i see her expression from the mirror.

she was dressed as a pirate, and i was going as (your favorite scary movie character).

"thank you tee, so do you." i compliment her back, giving her a small smile.

"now let's go, sam will be here any minute." she grabs my hand and drags me out of the room. as we're walking down the hallway we hear moans coming from quinn's room.

honestly good for her, she lives her life careless not caring about what people think and i love that. if roles were reversed and it was a man jumping from girl to girl, society would praise him.

"get it quinn!" tara yells, causing the both of us to chuckle as we walk out the front door.

~

we walk into the party and right away i feel my ears throb from the loud music. i swear, i felt like they were gonna burst any second.

"i'm gonna go get a drink, do you want one?" tara yells over the music loud enough for me to hear.

"i'm okay right now thank you." i yell back.

she nods and walks away from me as she goes over to a table filled with a ton of alcohol bottles.

i look awkward just standing here as i scan my eyes through the room and randomly spot mindy and anika sitting down on a couch.

i make my way towards them as i bump into people and a few couples sucking their faces off, jesus why can't they just get a room.

i sit down next to them, crossing my leg and resting my back on the couch, "hey guys."

"Y/N so glad you made it." anika pulls me into a hug.

"hey Y/N." mindy says looking straight ahead.

i follow mindy's gaze and notice shes looking at some guy dressed in a ghost face mask. these stab fans, we just can't escape them.

"it doesn't bother you guys?" we both turn to look at anika.

"i mean, being at a house party after you were almost brutally murdered.. at a house party?"

mindy lays her head back on the couch, "no i think of it like being struck by lightning." anika confusedly nods her head, trying to understand what mindy was saying.

"the odds of it happening twice to the same person are extremely low." mindy smiles.

anika scoots closer to her, "well i guess i should stay close to you then." mindy pulls her leg on top of her lap.

"and this is my cue to leave." i giggle as i get up from the couch, they were cute together but i did not want to be a third wheel.

"see you later!" i hear mindy say behind me.

as i'm looking around the place trying to find something that can keep me entertained in the mean time being here, i spot chad, my brother, and ethan in a random corner.

i lock eyes with ethan and we both smile at one another, the truth is we've known each other the past six months since we moved here, but we weren't close. we would exchange looks and smile a lot, and there was tension alright, but neither of us had the guts to talk.

i move my gaze away from him and look down at the floor, slightly blushing. i've never dated anyone before. i've only had my first kiss but that was really it, i didn't have an actual relationship.

flashback:

"i really like her Y/N." wes sighs as we're both sitting on his bed, as he tells me about his crush on tara.

"you should tell her." i reply.

"i don't think it's a good time though, she just got attacked, and now that sam is back she already has a lot going on." he expresses as he runs a hand through his blonde rooted hair.

"give her space then, and just be there for her. once we put an end to all of this and figure out who's behind this shit, that's when you go for the shot." i try to reassure him.

he fidgets his fingers, "what if i'm not alive to see the end though?" he lowly states.

i'm looking at him confused now, "what are you talking about? of course you will, none of us are going anywhere. not while we fight back."

for a second he didn't say anything.

i didn't notice him staring at me, as he starts to lean in and suddenly, his lips come in contact with mine. i was in shock, as i slowly gave in and kissed back for a few moments till i pulled away.

"what's wrong?" he worriedly asks.

"you have feelings for tara, i can't do this." i quickly get up and leave.

"Y/N, wait!" he calls after me, but i don't bother turning around. that was the last time we talked to each other.

end of flashback

and the following day wes and his mom were murdered. i will never forget arriving to his house and seeing cop cars everywhere, and the body bags.

he was my second best friend i was close to after tara, his death is something i don't think i'll ever get over. even till this day i randomly think about him and tear up. i will never forgive amber and richie for all the pain they've caused me and my friends. i'm so glad they got what they fucking deserved.

snapping out of my thoughts, i look at a random direction and see a drunk tara walking away with some frat boy. oh no, nothing positive ever comes out of these type of situations.

i immediately walk up to chad.

"ch-" i try to say but my brother cuts me off.

"hey sis! you enjoying the night?" ryan pulls me into a hug and ruffles my hair, i can smell the alcohol from his breath.

"no guy has tried getting in your pants right?" ryan protectively asks me.

"no but-" this time chad cuts me off.

"Y/N! how you doing? my friend here, he's a snack, right?" he asks at me, i turn to him as he has an arm around ethan, the question obviously referring to him.

ethan smiles and looks away, trying to hide his embarrassment.

"yeah, he's pretty cute." i genuinely grin. oh my god i did not just say that out loud.

"i told you man!" chad playfully hits his elbow.

ethan looks at me, "y-you really think so?" he beams at me.

i can feel my brother's stare as he suspiciously glances at the both of us, studying our sudden interaction.

i giggle and nod my head, "yeah, i do."

i was too deep in my thoughts, i forgot about tara. shit.

"chad your needed." i point up at tara and the random guy who were now making their way up the stairs.

he begins to walk towards them, ryan by his side leaving me and ethan alone.

"i- uh.. thank you for the compliment." he speaks as i turn to see him, trying to keep eye contact with me.

"yeah, of course." i shyly look down, playing with my finger nails.

"i think you look really pretty today." he says, as i slowly look up at him with a smile forming on my face.

"i mean you always do but- i just think you look more- no not like that-" he struggles to find the words to say.

i stare at him in admiration as i feel my heart skip a beat.

"what i mean to say is that you've always been pretty to me Y/N." he finally says.

"well, lucky for y-" i stop when i hear chad's voice and the sound of punches being thrown.

me and ethan look at one another and walk towards the commotion.

"get the fuck off me!" the random frat guy pushes chad. tara is on the stairs, trying to stand up, clearly drunk.

"what the fuck is wrong with you!" ryan punches him on the face making his body collide with mine, his weight causing me to fall on the ground.

he turns to me, "watch out you dumb bitch!" he slurs out, causing some of his saliva to fall on me.

my brother gives him another push, "don't you fucking talk to her that way!"

i slowly pick myself up from the floor, ethan right next to me as he reaches his hand out, and helping me up, "are you okay?" he softly asks me.

"yeah. thank you." i grunt, holding onto him as i try to regain my balance.

sam randomly appears, "guys guys! yeah sorry to interrupt, i'm just gonna tase you in the balls real quick." she puts her taser in his area and tases him, earning some 'ooos' from the people around us.

"don't ever lay hands on my sister." she sternly looks down at him.

he groans in pain, grabbing his penis, "fucking bitch! fuck you!"

"sam, are you fucking kidding me?" tara stares at her in disbelief, as sam turns to her.

"your stalking me now?" she walks past her.

a random guy points, "holy shit it's that psycho girl!"

"and those psycho twins!" someone else yells causing attention towards us as people have their phones out recording everything.

we sigh, walking out of that place not wanting to be in there any longer.

~

"tara" sam follows after her sister, "will you stop?"

"i can't believe you did that, you embarrassed me!" tara angrily responds.

"that guy was a dick, he was gonna take advantage of you." she tries to reason with her.

"so?!", she finally stops walking and turns to sam.

"so?" sam copies.

"if i wanna hook up with an asshole, that's my decision!" she exclaims.

"it's my decision! it's not about you, i mean your out of my life for five years and now you can't leave me alone for five minutes!" she calls her out.

"because your not dealing with what happened to us, have you even gone to see the counselor... once?"

"no and i'm not going to!" they keep going at it.

"i'm uninterested in living in the past like you are."

sam looks at her sister, clearly offended, "what's that suppose to mean?"

"guys come on.." chad cuts into their argument.

tara squints her eyes, "it means i'm not gonna let what happened to us for three days define the rest of of my life."

"so your just gonna pretend it never happened?"

tara closes her eyes, shaking her head, "what are you doing here sam? in new york, your working two shitty jobs to help with rent or whatever but what's your plan?" she questions.

sam doesn't reply and just stares at her.

"because i know what i'm gonna do. okay cause i'm gonna keep going to college and get my degree and i'm just gonna live my life. my life." tara motions her hand on her chest.

"you just follow me here and won't let me out of your sight."

sam shakes her head, and softly tells her "i'm just trying to look out for you."

"i-" tara irritatingly runs her fingers down her face.

"i know you are." she lets out.

"but you can't do it for the rest of my life though."

"you have to let me go."

sam sighs hearing her sister.

suddenly a group of girls walk by us, "hey!" she catches our attention as she throws her drink all over sam. me standing next to her i got some of it on my clothes.

"murderer!" she yells.

"what the fuck is wrong with you bitch!" sam pushes her as chad and tara run to hold her back.

"you got a problem with me?!" she tries to fight back but can't due to chad's and tara's hold.

"you guys should stay away from her! and them!" she says pointing at me and ryan, "they know what they did."

"we didn't fucking do anything!" sam defends.

"sure bitch!" she smirks, as her groupies push her away from us.

without thinking i walk up to her, with all my force, smashing my fist directly at her face. i knew it hurt because i felt blood smear onto my knuckles.

"ow, you fucking crazy bitch!" she cries out grabbing her now bleeding nose.

"we got that on video!" one of her friends shout.

"like i care, don't you ever mess with her again." i flip them off as they help the girl up and leave. stupid bitches. with the video they have, they're most likely gonna file a lawsuit against me but i can care less, nobody messes with my loved ones.

"holy shit, you showed that bitch!" my brother cheers, i just look down at the sticky wetness that's soaked on my clothing, i can't really complain though as sam got it worst.

everyone begins to walk away, leaving me with sam and ethan.

"i-i have tissues if you want tissues" he stutters as he pulls them out, "i have like three tissues." he hands them to me and sam. god, he's so awkwardly adorable.

sam dries herself up, and catches up with the others.

"i'm sorry, you guys have to deal with that." ethan turns to me, as we both began to walk.

i sigh, "eh at this point we're kinda used to it."

"at the end of the day these people don't know the full story, all it takes is one idiot to spread false information online and suddenly everyone is biting your head off."

we continue to walk in silence, nothing but the sound of our footsteps echoing, and chad and mindy bickering about some random stuff.

it was a cold dark night, in the streets of new york but for some reason it brought me a comfort feeling as the street and building lights shined through the night sky, every person in the street having their own different lives and stories.

we arrive back to the apartment, as i immediately run to my room and into the shower because i couldn't be in this musty clothes any longer.

getting out, i change into something more comfortable. "that's better." i think to myself.

there's a knock on my door, "yeah?" i say as i'm brushing my hair out.

"it's me." i hear ethan's voice.

i set my brush down on my little stand, and walk over to open the door.

"come in." i step to the side as he walks inside.

"i just wanted to tell you that.. um.." he starts, as he puts his hands on his jean pockets, "i know we haven't talked before, but if you ever need anything or someone to talk to, you can always reach out to me." he looks at me, "if you don't mind, i'd like for us to be friends."

"to be honest, i haven't really opened up to anyone ever since the attack.. but, i'd like that." i warmly smile at him. although i've been having a hard time communicating with new people, i think it's time for me to slowly start making some sort of progress. that was the point of us moving here.

he gets a little closer to me. his tall figure hovering over me, our faces not being too far away from each other now. this made my heart start to race, suddenly the door swings open, revealing quinn.

we quickly jump back, away from each other.

she puts her hand over her mouth, "jeez, did i cock block you guys too?" she asks.

me and ethan embarrassingly look at each other and quickly turn to her, "what did you just say?"

"oh it's cause i just walked in on tara and chad about to kiss each other and from the looks of it, the same thing is happening here." she smirks as she signals her finger at us.

"no, definitely not." ethan shyly replies not making any eye contact and instead looks down.

"yeah, we were just talking." i scowl at her, quinn furrows her eyebrows at my sudden reaction.

"okayyyy, well i just wanted to see what you were up to. come join us in the living room, once you two are done 'talking' of course." she shoots us a smile and walks away.

i close my eyes and shake my head, turning my attention back on ethan.

"so..." he sticks out his hand to me, "friends?" he stares at me with that charming smile.

i connect my hand with his, as we shake our hands together, "friends."

~

new book i'm so excited omg :) just an fyi i am in my finals weeks at school and i also work so i might be slow at updating this story but i'm gonna try my best to be consistent and update frequently. 🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 55 8
y/n and Ethan, sworn enemies since they met in New York. "What's your favorite scary movie?" I only own y/ns character the rest are from the movie...
36.4K 377 29
Warning: there is cursing and mentions of murder, if the triggers you please go read elsewhere pls♡ I feel like theres not anough of jack/Ethan on he...
98.6K 1.9K 14
Scream 6 re-imagined as the love interest of Ethan Landry! I included many scream 6 scenes (especially towards the end) so major spoiler warnings...
4.9K 105 18
- 𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐘 - Ethan Landry x Fem oc! Started: 5-22-23 Finished: 9-11-23 Isabella Carpenter falls for Ghost Face, yet again...