RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.1) (M...

By ZANE_555

It's been a long time since Y/N step foot in Vale. He was searching for information as best he can. Until he... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 6

1.2K 31 3
By ZANE_555

After a good night sleep, Y/N quickly gets up as he hears Glynda's voice through the monitors, informing us to get ready to take the initiation, and our gears will be located in our locker numbers in the near locker room. After hearing this, Y/N take a deep breath.

Y/N: "Well, it's time-"

???: "It's morning, it's morning, it's morning!"

Y/N turns his direction to a hyper ginger-haired girl as she drags a black-haired guy with pink highlights across and out the room.

 Y/N felt sorry for the guy, he probably goes through that on daily basis. After Y/N changed his clothes, he heads to the school's cafeteria for some breakfast. He spots the same talkative ginger and silent guy sitting on their table. Y/N decide to approach them, thinking they might be friendly.

Y/N: "Hey, mind if I sit here?"

Ginger-haired girl: "Sure! The name's Nora Valkyrie and this guy over here is Lie Ren."

Y/N: "I'm Y/N L/N. Um... if you don't mind me asking, but are you two a thing?"

Nora: "Oh, we're not really together-together."

She then rambles on about trying to get them in the same team, despite not being together-together as Nora claims. When Y/N ask if he's included to which Nora said, "You look strong enough." This continued all the way once they reach the locker room, until Ren grabbed his weapons from his locker.

Ren: "Nora?"

He then concealed his weapons in his sleeves.

Nora: "Yes, Ren?"

Ren: "I don't think sloths make a lot of noise."

Nora pauses for a moment only to grin back at him.

Nora: "That's why it's perfect! No one will suspect we're working together."

Y/N: "If that's true, then you shouldn't be seen together all day by anyone at all. Wouldn't that be more efficient?"

The two glances at each other before Y/N turn walk away, realizing that he made things a little awkward between them.

Y/N: "Well, I'll be going to find my lockers. Bye, you two."

Nora cheerfully waves him off as Ren stare after him. Y/N goes to find his locker room until he runs into a worried Ruby by her locker along with Yang, He decide to see what's up.

Y/N: "Hey, girls. Why the long face?"

Yang: "I keep telling her that she won't grow unless she meets new people."

Ruby: "Ugh, you sound like dad. Look, I don't need people to help me grow up. 'I' drink a lot of milk and that's all I need. Besides, I operate just fine without teammates before so, why should training to be a Huntress make a difference?"

Y/N: "Well, meeting new people can give us a more of an understanding and people can help with improving, whether it be fighting the Grimm or dealing with school work."

Yang: "He's right. Like it or not, teams are going to form today, you know."

Ruby tries to say something back only end with a sigh.

Ruby: "Okay... maybe I can be either your team or Y/N's team or something?"

Her sister begins to play with her hair for a bit and answers back.

Yang: "Maybe you should try being on someone's else team?"

Ruby: "My dear sister, Yang, are you implying that you don't wish to be on the same team as me?"

The blonde girl raises her hand up defensively. 

Yang: "What? No! I-I don't know.

Y/N: "You never know, the three of us can end up in separate teams."

The red-cloaked girl snaps back at him, flailing her arms as she does. 

Ruby: "Do you not have faith that we might end in the same team!?"

Y/N: "If you're that worried, then I'll try to be in the same team as you. How's that?" ("Better than being group up with complete strangers.")

This perks Ruby up. 

Ruby: "Okay, I'm counting on you."

Yang: "Y-Yeah, it would help you... break out of your shell!"

Ruby turns her attention to her sister, glaring at her.

Ruby: "What!? I don't need to break out of my shell, that's-

Juane: "Ridiculous!" 

The three turn their attention to Juane, who is still looking for his locker number.

Y/N: "Sounds like you're not the only one with problems. Well, I'm going to find my locker, so I'll catch you guys later."

Before he goes searching, he high five Yang and pat Ruby on the head, which made her a bit embarrassed. Y/N goes to look around, trying to find his locker number. He spots that he think is his locker number. The issue was that Weiss, and a red-haired girl are almost right in front of it and he really doesn't want deal with Weiss this early in the morning. He breathes in and out, preparing himself.

Y/N: ("Okay... you can get through this.")

After a few second of prepping himself, Y/N march towards them. 

Y/N: "Excuse me, can you move aside."

The red-haired girl turns around to face him.

Red-haired: "Oh! Sorry." 

Weiss: "You dunce! Do you have any idea who're you talking to?"

Y/N: "Don't know, just here to see if this is my locker aaaand it's not. Damn it."

Weiss: "This is Pyrrha Nikos."

Pyrrha wave at him with a smile.

Y/N: "Oh, pleased to meet you."

Pyrrha: "The pleasure is all mine."

They proceed to shake hands, much to Weiss's surprise.

Y/N: "I'm surprised you be hanging out with someone?"

Weiss: "I'm not with just someone. I'm with 'the' Pyrrha Nikos."

Y/N just tilt his head as he gazes at Weiss and then to Pyrrha as she just waves him hello again with a smile. 

Y/N: "Don't know."

Baffled by his reply, Weiss resumes further. 

Weiss: "She graduated from the top of Sanctum!"

Y/N: "Still no clue. Only know about the Sanctum part."

Weiss: "She's won the Mistral Reginal Tournament four years in a row! That's a new record!" 

Y/N just roll his eyes before speaking.

Y/N: "Please, nobody is unstoppable, Ice Queen. Still, that's a good resume you got there, Pyrrha."

Pyrrha: "Thank you."

Getting flustered and agitated, Weiss flail her arms.

Weiss: "She on the front of every Pumpkin Pete's Marshmallow flakes box!"

Y/N looks back at Pyrrha and asks.

Y/N: "Wait, you actually did that?"

Pyrrha: "Yeah, it was cool. Unfortunately, the cereal wasn't that good."

Y/N: "Yeah, no kidding. That cereal is anything but healthy or good." 

He overhears someone gasping only to turn around to see it's Jaune, who steps in.

Jaune: "That was you!? They only do that for star athletes and famous cartoon characters."

Weiss: "So, after hearing all of this, do you really think you're in a position to talk to her, let alone join her team?" 

Y/N: "It's initiation. From what I heard: the first person you see on sight becomes your partner. So, I might as well get to know my future teammates."

The heiress just scoffs. 

Weiss: "Hmph, as if I would end up in your team and not Pyrrha's."

Y/N merely scoff at her statement back.

Y/N: "Oh really? What makes you say that Ice Queen?"

The heiress glare at him before responding.

Weiss: "Well, I was thinking with a powerful warrior like Pyrrha, and a smart person such as myself, we can demolish the other teams in this school."

Y/N smiles, chuckling to himself. 

Y/N: "Ok, then. Let's make a bet, Ice Queen. If your paired up with... uh...."

He glances around the room until he spots Yang and Ruby, especially on Ruby.

Y/N: "Ruby, then I can order you to do one thing. If you're paired with anyone else, then you can order me to do one thing."

Weiss just chuckles at the notion.

Weiss: "Like she'd be my partner."

Y/N: "Well, are you up for it? The loser will have to do one thing the winner ask them to do. I'm sure you wouldn't back down now, right?"

Weiss: "Please, I'm a Schnee. I've never gone back on my words. This will be great for me so, deal!"

The two shook hands giving each a smirk and for some reason, Weiss's hands were soft and warm as Y/N noted. Out of nowhere, Juane pops into the conversation.

Juane: "Do you think what else is great? Me. The name is Jaune Arc, nice to meet you."

Weiss just glare at him before responding.

Weiss: "You again?"

Pyrrha: "Nice to meet you, Jaune."

Soon enough, they get sucked into their own conversation. Y/N slowly back off from this as he goes to find his locker. Luckily, he does find it and get his weapons and gears. Before he goes to check on Weiss, Jaune, and Pyrrha, Y/N accidentally bumps into a brown-haired guy.

Y/N: "Oops, sorry."

Brown-haired guy: "Watch where you going."

The guy marches off to what Y/N think is his locker. Y/N then goes back to see what they're up to only for Weiss to mention his name.

Weiss: "So, do you think you're in any position to ask me or Pyrrha to be in your team?"

Pyrrha: "Uhm, aren't teams supposed to have four members?"

Jaune slumped down.

Jaune: "I guess your right..."

Y/N proceeds to pat him on the back.

Y/N: "Don't worry, we'll never know until the initiation starts."

Pyrrha: "He's right, and I think you make a good leader."

Jaune perks up when hearing this.

Jaune: "Oh, stop it."

Weiss: "Don't encourage him."

Jaune: "Sounds like they're both on my teams and spots are running out. So, what do you say?"

Y/N see Juane was leaning closer to Weiss, making her uncomfortable.

Weiss: "Alright, you're too close!"

Y/N step in and stop him, telling him that he'll die out of embarrassment before Pyrrha throws her spear at Juane, launching him to one of the lockers.

Pyrrha: "I'm sorry!"

Y/N: "Well, that's one way to stop him."

The same brown-haired guy looks at the pin down Jaune, and starts laughing at him for a bit before leaving the locker room. Glynda then pops up in the announcement for everybody to meet in Beacon Cliff for their initiation. Weiss walks past Juane. Pyrrha gets her spear back before waving Y/N and Juane off. As Y/N stand beside Jaune, Yang and Ruby approach them. 

Yang: "Having trouble there you two?"

Y/N: "Eh, more or less. And I helped Jaune not get arrested."

Juane: "Huh?" How?"

Y/N: "Weiss comes from a noble family. They have the power to do that, so remember that."

Juane: "Sorry, I was just doing what my dad told me. He said girls like guys who have confidence."

Y/N: "Well, he's sort of right... sort of."

Yang: "But trying to flirt with 'Snow Angel,' wasn't the best of starts."

Ruby and Y/N help Jaune get up on his feet only for Y/N to realize something.

Y/N: "Ah, crap. I felt my sword back at my locker."

Ruby: "Well, go get it! Hurry!"

Y/N goes to find his locker until, Yang pulls from the side.

Yang: "Hey, Y/N. I was wondering if you want to be partnered with me. If you do we'll have a blast."

Y/N could see her wink at him.

Y/N: "I would love to, but it really depends on how things go in the initiation."

Yang: "Aww, come on, it be lame if I don't have someone I know around."

Y/N: "Okay... I'll do my best, but no promises. Deal?"

Yang: "Deal!"

Instead of giving him a handshake, Yang gives him a quick hug before running off to where Ruby and Jaune are at.

Y/N: ("Well, things are going to get very eventful today."')

As he finally found his locker, he stumbles upon Blake going through her own locker.

Y/N: "Hey, Blake. What's up?"

Blake: "On my way to Beacon Cliff. Shouldn't you be there?"

Y/N: "Uh, yeah. I sort of forgot about one of my weapons."

Blake raises a brow from hearing this. Y/N goes to wrap Grimm Slayer around his back.

Blake: "That's quite a sword you got there."

Y/N: "Huh? Oh, it's nothing special. It's just an emergency weapon."

Blake: "A what now?"

Y/N: "Well, I should be going now! Bye!"

Blake: "W-Wait!"

Before she knew it, Y/N dash off. She pouts a bit as she was about to ask him if he would like to be her teammate. Reluctantly, she walks out of the locker room. Y/N heads to the direction where Ruby and the others were going only to bump into someone. He looks to see Ozpin.

Y/N: "S-Sorry for bumping into you."

The headmaster smiles at him.

Ozpin: "Not to worry. Also, I have something for you."

He then gives Y/N a small paper. Y/N then goes to read it. "Bring me a chess piece and a few playing cards." This left Y/N confused.

Y/N: "Ozpin, what do-?"

Only to find the headmaster to be nowhere in sight. Y/N wonders why he gave him this.

Y/N: ("Ugh, I have no time to question his intention. I need to go.")

He puts away the paper in his pockets and rush to Beacon Cliff.

(A Few Minutes Later)

Y/N managed to make it to Beacon Cliff. He just arrived last as he stand on his launch pad before Ozpin and Glynda can explain about the initiation.

Glynda: "For years, you have all trained to become warriors, and today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest."

Ozpin: "Each of you will be given a teammates today. That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years. If I were you, I go with someone I can get along with."

As he said this, Ruby, Blake, Yang, Nora, Ren, and Juane look directly at Y/N, in confidence, with each of them making either peace sign or waving. Y/N give them a small smile and giving his own little wave before looking at Ozpin. Nora glance over to Ren and commenting. 

Nora: "See? I told you~!"

Ozpin: "After you've partnered up, make sure to find your relic, and go to the predetermined location programmed on the map on your scrolls that'll activate once you retrieve your relic."

Y/N see Ruby looking down at the ground. So, Y/N threw some pebbles to get her attention. He whispers to her.

Y/N: "Don't worry, I'll try to be on your team"

Ruby then smiles back and has a determined look on her face. Y/N ponder to himself. Ruby is positive, gun-loving, and fun. Yang can be reckless, but she's still fun to be around. Weiss is organized and can make the team more efficient. Blake is a mystery as he doesn't know her fighting style, but does know her semblance. And Juane... he has a sword and shield. Once again, Y/N can feel like Ozpin is staring at him. Ozpin continues.

Ozpin: "Also, there are no Grimm in the Emerald Forest. The only creatures you'll be facing are hostile and territorial wildlife."

The students begin chattering with one another after hearing that.

Y/N: ("Make sense. If we can't take on a normal brown bear, how are we expected to take on an Ursa.")

Glynda: "So, any questions?"

The only person who has their hand raise is Juane.

Juane: "Um, how are the Grimm being kept out from the forest?"

This question caught Y/N's attention only for Ozpin to step in.

Ozpin: "Oh, you don't need to worry. Anyway, take your positions."

On cue, everyone looks ready, doing a fighting stance. One by one, each student gets ejected into the forest via their launch pads. Every girl Y/N knows looked at him, with a face saying "Be on my team." Y/N just nods as they get ejected.

Juane: "So, what exactly is a landing strateg-"

Before he can finish, Juane gets launched as Y/N can see him flailing his arms around. Soon enough, it was Y/N's turn to be launched. He then sees Ozpin, giving off a smile to him.

Ozpin: "Good luck, Mr. L/N."

Before Y/N could say anything, he gets ejected. The ejection made him flew farther than anyone. He then takes out Crimson and Violet, shooting any tree that got in the way. Y/N turns them into small swords and as he about to hit a large tree, he uses his blade to stab the trunk and begins spiraling around it, land on a nearby tree, and finally jumps out of it to do a combat roll.

Y/N: "Phew, I did it."

He dusts himself before walking away to find the place where the relics are.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 395 37
Here is the third volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing RWBY Series.) (Discla...
1K 61 21
Dying Mercenary OC x Blake Belladona (This is my 1st RWBY story. Please don't go rough on me) A corrupted and ancient power has resided within the bo...
340K 5.3K 25
The world of Remnant is home to many mysteries and myths. Y/N one of the very few who knew the truth was highly capable to combat these threats but e...
719 11 22
Just an RWBY OC story I've been working on ---- Four friends, with the dream of becoming professional huntsman. Lucky for them, fate decided to gran...