Handle With Care - Book 4 in...

By AsToldByMegan

Twenty years have passed since George Harrison met Lauren Woods. Life has settled down for the both of them a... More

Author Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 6

47 2 0
By AsToldByMegan

This past month leading up to the Hall of Fame ceremony passed very quickly. Lauren, the kids and I spent all the time we could together at our home where we could just be a family.

Annie has dreams of becoming a model like Lauren and although she is only 14 now she is beginning to want to do photo shoots. Lauren is definitely happy and excited about this, despite taking a backseat from being in that world.

She was now at the stage in her life where all that she truly desired was being a mom to the kids.

Darry is sweet and cares for his mother everywhere we go. He is always concerned for how she is feeling and what he can do to provide her joy always.

And lastly, of the Harrison children; Ollie is our mature musician who has started branching out into his own endeavors. He has plans this summer to tour with a band in America and although we are both reluctant to let him go we had to think about our own upbringings.

We both left our families at a young age to pursue our careers and he was now at that age. And in my case he's even a little older. I was living out of the country and performing a few years younger than Ollie is now.

I was so proud to bring all of my children and my wife to this event. The children had to accompany us over to the state of Ohio in the states and they were excited to be there. They were fascinated with being someplace foreign to them.

"What do people do in the state of Ohio?" Annie had asked her mother to which I burst out laughing.

Our kids ended up being so different than their mother.

"You always wanted our kids to be American," I said to Lauren, "and if this doesn't prove they are English I don't know what does."

"I will admit," she agreed, "I don't think they would be the same kids if they grew up in a place like Ohio."

We all laughed once more.

Then we soon arrived as a family and went inside to find our seats. There were many presentations leading up to our big moment and when it finally arrived I felt many nerves.

"Just speak from the heart," my wife encouraged me.

Ringo and I went and grabbed Yoko and her boys as we walked backstage to wait for Mick Jagger to induct us as the Beatles.

He talked briefly about how close we were in the sixties and also how we all were rivals. He then said he admired and looked up to us and that we were the greatest band to ever form even though he himself was still in his band from the same era.

Only ours didn't last.

Then finally, it was our turn to give our speeches.

Ringo had one too many to drink as he usually does and so he spoke freely and was the jokester he always has been all these years.

When my turn came next, I knew I needed to bring out the serious side of things. I wanted to make my children proud. I wanted to make Lauren proud and I wanted to make John proud.

I decided in that moment that I was going to reconcile with Paul. I was going to let him be right in whatever it is he wants to be right in. I was prepared to even settle the lawsuits over our Beatle salaries and earnings. I didn't care if he was right or wrong, I just wanted to keep him as my friend. A friend I met when I was 12 and he was 13.

Life is too short. For some it's even shorter than others.

I looked out at the sea of people there to support Ringo and I...and I spoke from that heart.

"We are so happy.....thrilled.... to be here accepting this honor. But this isn't the Beatles. This is Ringo and George. We wish Paul was here, we love him very much. And we all know why John can't be here."

I thought briefly about my late friend.

"You see John was the creator of the Beatles. Paul may see it differently but I remember John as this... intimidating figure. He wanted his band to be great and I was lucky enough at 13 that he auditioned me and I got the gig," I laughed and the crowd applauded.

"And the rest is history as they say," I added.

"As for Paul.... I wouldn't be here on this stage without him and his influence. He introduced me to John and he's the reason I am standing before you as well," again this was met with applause.

The world and everyone in this room loves Paul and we needed to make sure they knew there was no rift between us.

"... This all got a bit bigger than any of us expected it to," I continued, "but we do not take this life for granted and are grateful to be in the hall of fame for our hard work and our efforts in the sixties."

"Lastly, I would like to thank my wife Lauren and our children Oliver, Darry, Annie and Ethan. My life changed the day I became a father and I that will always be what makes me most proud..... Being a Beatle is a close second."

The crowd applauded and I turned it over to Yoko and Johns boys to speak about their husband and father.

I looked down at Lauren and she winked up at me with the biggest smile on her face.

Shortly following our acceptance it was time to take the stage to play some throwback songs. We were able to invite all of our friends to this historic event so many musicians were there to help us perform.

Ringo got up on drums and I grabbed my guitar. We played She Loves You, While My Guitar Gently Weeps; and With a Little Help From My Friends.

Along with Mick Jagger we had Jeff Lynne, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, and Bruce Springsteen up there with us.

Maybe I could take Roy Orbison out of my supergroup and bring in "The Boss." I laughed at the idea but as we all played up here I once again longed to make more music with my best friends... and to be a part of something historic in music.

....

Once we were at the after party mingling with everyone I decided to get a plan in motion to get us all together again.

Jeff was easy. He was always down for my adventures and accompanying me on trips and helping me with projects.

I went to him first.

"I can't just let that tape sit in my studio collecting dust," I said to him and he knew what I was referring to.

"I was wondering myself when you were going to bring that up again," he admitted.

"It's wild to me that we made that song and the world has no idea. People need to hear it," I said to my friend.

"Roy isn't here but we can at least get the other two in here and pitch some ideas," he said standing up to find Tom and Bob.

I decided to get up to find Lauren in the mean time.

I looked all over for the better half of ten minutes weaving in and out of guests at the party. Then I realized I hadn't seen Tom anywhere either. With Jeff now sitting down talking with Bob I went to go find my wife and my good friend who probably both went off to get away from all this madness.

I decided to check out in the hallway and see if there was anywhere they could have went just outside the venue.

We had finished eating hours ago and I was certain the wait staff had left already.

I knocked on the catering room door and it was her voice that said to come in.

"Lauren?" I said wondering what she was doing in there.

She was sitting up on one of the counters with her head back against the cabinet. A few steps away was Tom laughing as I entered.

"George," she said perking up.

"Was it too much for you in there?" I asked her.

"No, I am fine... it's a happy day. A celebration...." she said trying to look happy and excited.

"No," Tom said, "she isn't fine."

Lauren gave him a death stare and then returned her gaze to me.

"I'm sorry George I just needed to step away from all the small talk and let out a good cry."

I looked at Tom who was shaking his head. He was trying to tell me she wasn't okay. I now felt guilty I hadn't been with her all evening making sure she was feeling good.

Ollie took all of his siblings to the hotel and she probably wanted to be with them, especially Ethan.

Of course she was going to tell me everything was fine. It is my job to see through that and I failed to do so.

I looked back at Tom.

"Jeff and I were talking in there about forming something - about using that song we all made in Bobs garage.... We're hoping you're interested," I said to Tom as I went over and picked up my wife off the counter to hold her.

"Finally," he said, "I was hoping something would come of that."

"Well now my concern is on my wife," I admitted to him, "but if you could go find Jeff and help him convince Bob."

He nodded and did just that. The ball was set in motion. We just needed a time and place for us all to get together.

When Lauren and I were alone I went and locked the door to this room and kissed her passionately. She briefly looked like I took her breath away and she gave me the biggest smile.

"My husband is in the Hall of Fame," she said.

"My wife is the most beautiful woman on this planet," I then replied.

"I love you George Harrison," she said kissing me from my lips, down my neck, and onto my chest.

She then began loosening my tie and starting on the buttons.

I slowly pulled the straps to her dress down her shoulders and they dangled there.

Once she got my shirt open she put her arms inside of my shirt for a hug and felt her chest against mine.

I brought her face back up to mine and I set her back up on the counter. Just as quickly she undid my belt and in that moment I wanted my wife so badly.

Something about the spontaneity of what we were doing felt needed and fresh and like we were doing something we couldn't and had to sneak around. 

I knew she wanted me too and so we made love right up against the counter and it was the greatest ending to one of the greatest nights of my life.

When we were through we got ourselves looking presentable again and we laughed together about what we just did.

"That was... needed," she assured me with a smile.

I knew Lauren needed that. Now all I wanted to do was get her back to the hotel to our room and take the dress completely off of her.

"Let's get going," I said to her.

She nodded and we went back in to quickly make our rounds and say our goodbyes.

"There you are!" Jeff finally found me, "I was looking everywhere for you. Bob and Tom are in and they know Roy will be. Since we are all here in America they were thinking we could fly to California in the next few days to get something rolling."

"Let's all get to California then," I nodded to him, "how about we meet at Tom's on Tuesday morning."

"I will let the boys know," he nodded and then hugged my wife to say goodnight.

I quickly ushered her out after that. I didn't need to make any more small talk I just wanted to be alone with the love of my life.

"Wait," she said when we reached our room.

The kids were all across the hall and we had the key to their room as well.

She entered the room and I followed behind as she went over to Ethan and kissed the top of his head.

"Thanks Ollie," she said to our oldest who was still awake.

"You got it," he said, "they all fell asleep quickly."

"We will talk to you in the morning," I said to him and led Lauren back out.

Finally we were alone once more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 140 15
Anna Summers is a popular teen in 2015. She loves everything about 2015. Anna doesn't like old music. In fact, she hates it and dislikes the old time...
15.6K 447 23
Ella was sure she knew how her life would end up, probably in a kitchen cooking for some man. But life takes an unexpected turn of events when she en...
9.8K 361 55
Rachel is just an ordinary teen, living in ordinary 2015, with her ordinary family. But her world turns 360 degrees when she time travels to 1963, an...
12.4K 360 59
18+ The story of Ringo's little sister, and her relationships with the band members, and her life as the "5th beatle"