oeyä tìyawn ~ neteyam sully

By grapefruitkat

a broken girl trying to live meets a boy trying to prove himself all characters aged up neteyam x oc More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twentyone
chapter twentytwo
chapter twentythree
chapter twentyfour
chapter twentyfive
chapter twentysix
chapter twentyseven
chapter twentyeight
chapter twentynine
chapter thirty
chapter thirtyone
chapter thirtytwo
chapter thirtythree
chapter thirtyfour
chapter thirtyfive
chapter thirtysix
chapter thirtyseven
chapter thirtyeight
authors note
book two
alternate ending

chapter sixteen

1.8K 40 3
By grapefruitkat

Beatrice sat in front of Neteyam on his ikran, holding tightly on his arm that held her. Despite being far from danger, tears still slipped from her eyes as the realization that she killed someone set in. She felt Neteyams lips on her neck, causing the images to slip from her mind as she inhaled deeply, leaning her back against his chest. She squeezed his arm softly, remembering seeing his arrow kill an avatar, lifting his hand and kissing his palm softly.

As they landed at home, Neteyam helped Beatrice down, tightly holding her hand and intertwining their tails as he lead her to Mo'at. She held her free hand out for any of his siblings, fear building in her chest from being away from them. Beatrice gave a soft smile as Kiri immediately took her hand, Tuk in Kiris other, while Neteyam held his hand out for his brother. Lo'ak took it, not making any complaints, staying close to his older brother with his eyes glued onto the floor. Mo'at met them outside of her tent, her hand over her heart as she took in her grandkids appearances. She quickly rushed them in, sitting Beatrice down before starting to work on a balm for the cut on her chest and slices into her neck. Beatrice looked over the siblings, her heart lifting when she saw none of them injured.

Beatrice looked up as Mo'at sat in front of her, giving her a gentle smile. Beatrice watched as Mo'at brought her hand down her nose, never breaking eye contact with her. More tears formed in Beatrices eyes, slipping past as she sniffled before feeling the siblings cuddle with her closely. She tried to stay as still as possible as Mo'at applied the remedy, fighting her flinches from the stinging pain. She kept her head up so Mo'at could access the slices on her neck, it becoming more and more painful to swallow. Beatrices ears twitched as she heard someone else come into the tent, unable to turn her head in their direction. She felt the person sit behind her, and relaxed when she felt Neytiris hands on her shoulders. Her eyes closed slowly as she felt Neytiris hands move to her hair, everyone staying silent as the older Na'vi started to section Beatrices hair, beginning the braiding process. Neytiri began to hum softly, the sound comforting Beatrice immensely.

The young girl almost didnt notice the additional hands working on her hair, opening her eyes slowly and seeing Neteyam and Lo'ak joining their mother in the braiding process. The boys gave her soft smiles, a returning one growing on Beatrices face. Tuk climbed into Beatrices lap, making sure to stay out of her grandmothers way as she continued to work. Beatrice played with Tuks hair lightly, her free hand still holding onto Kiris tightly.

Even after Mo'at had finished tending to Beatrices injuries, the family stayed seated, working diligently on Beatrices hair. Neytiri didnt complain as Beatrices head came to rest on Neteyams chest, dozing off as the feeling of her hair being messed with made her sleepy. Neytiri was still able to style Beatrices hair nicely, loose strands of unbraided hair framing the girls face, along with others placed strategically throughout her hair. Once Neytiri had finished, she quietly stood and found Tuk also asleep, snoring softly on Beatrices lap. She gently picked up Tuk, Lo'ak and Kiri getting up quietly as well, the four exiting the tent with Mo'at. Neteyam gently stroked Beatrices face, holding her close to his chest.

Neteyam stared down at the girl, sighing deeply as images from the fight kept popping into his mind, causing his heart to race once again. He tried to push away the fear, failing as he tightened his arms around the girl. Neteyam could feel the tears burning his eyes as he remembered screaming for Beatrice, watching her fight against the avatar, fear evident on her face. At that moment he had his bow drawn, looking for a shot he could take without hurting his love, tears free falling from his eyes as he kept shouting out her name. He watched as she had ripped the neck from the avatar, his heart racing as he bolted forward, beating himself over and over as he blamed himself for her trauma.

Neteyam shook the thoughts from his mind, forcing himself to focus on the moment that was happening now. He laid a gentle kiss on Beatrices forehead, gently leaning down and picking her up bridal style, smiling softly as Beatrice buried her face into his chest while he slowly carried her out of his grandmothers tent. He followed after his family, entering their family tent last and making his way to where everyone slept. The Sully kids slept unconventionally, all usually ending up sleeping on each others limbs on the floor instead of in their own hammocks. Neteyam sat in the middle of where the kids usually pile, laying on his back and staying still as Beatrice adjusted, cuddling up to his side as she continued to sleep. The younger kids immediately joined them; Tuk immediately finding Neteyams free side with Kiri right behind her while Lo'ak climbed onto his siblings legs, his head resting on Beatrices calves as he looked up at his older brother. The group of kids stayed silent, just soaking in laying with each other before each kid slowly fell asleep; Tuk being the first and Lo'ak being last.

Neytiri watched over the kids as she cleaned her fathers bow, sighing deeply once she watched Lo'ak finally fall asleep. Jake came over and sat next to his mate, wrapping his arm around his mates waist and gently pulling her to his chest. The two older Na'vi watched the kids sleep silently, both fearful of falling asleep.

The next morning, Beatrice woke to Lo'ak startling awake on her legs, slowly lifting her head and looking down at him. She watched as he rubbed his face as he climbed off of his siblings legs, not noticing Beatrice wake up. Lo'ak quietly exited the tent, Beatrice looking around and noticing it only the kids in the tent, Neytiri and Jake nowhere to be found. The girl slowly sat up, careful to not wake her love next to her, quietly standing up and following after Lo'ak. Beatrice followed after him quietly, finding his sitting in a hidden corner of the mountain, her ears twitching as she heard him sniffling.

"Lo'ak?" Beatrice asked quietly, frowning as the boy jumped around, tears running down his face as he looked at the older girl. Beatrice opened her arms for him, Lo'ak immediately moving into her hug and wrapping his arms around her waist tightly.

"Im so sorry, Bea. I dont know why i always fuck up. I never meant to put us in danger. I never meant for you to get hurt. Im so sorry." Lo'ak cried out, Beatrice feeling tears filling her eyes as Lo'ak broke down in her arms. She shushed the boy gently, rubbing the back of his head soothingly before placing a gentle kiss on the side of his head.

"Lo'ak, it is not your fault. Do you hear me? It is not your fault. How were you supposed to know any of that would happen? Bubba, it is not your fault. Nobody is mad at you, i swear it. We are all here, we are all okay. Lo'ak, i see who you are. And you are amazing. Please, please do not linger on the events of yesterday. We have to look towards the future, not dwell on the past. It is okay, Lo'ak." Beatrice spoke softly to the younger boy, squeezing him tightly before pulling back and looking at his face. Lo'ak nodded slowly, wiping his tears with one hand while taking Beatrices hand with the other. Beatrice cupped his face gently, giving him a gentle smile as he composed himself.

"Youre the best sister ever.." Lo'ak whispered, looking at the floor shyly. Beatrice couldnt control the wide grin on her face, never having known what it felt like to have siblings until now.

"Youre the best brother ever, bubba." Beatrice spoke firmly, grabbing the back of his head lovingly before leading him back to the family tent. Her ears twitched as she heard Neteyam whistle, smiling softly as he was using their secret note to locate her. She whistled back, smiling as he came into view as the rounded a corner to face the familys tent. Neteyam smiled at Beatrice before seeing Lo'aks red eyes, concern filling his face. Lo'ak only gave him a small smile, nodding his head to Beatrice, causing Neteyam to chuckle as he watched the two near him.

"You always did have a way with words, Ma'Bea." Neteyam spoke once the two were close enough, causing Beatrice to roll her eyes at him. She turned back to Lo'ak, patting his hand softly as he looked back at her.

"Im always here, bubba. Come to me if you ever need to talk, okay?" Beatrice spoke softly, Lo'ak sniffling one final time as he nodded. The two let go of each others hand, Neteyam immediately taking over and rubbing his thumb over Beatrices hand as they watched Lo'ak go inside the tent.

"Thank you for talking to him." Neteyam spoke softly, Beatrice meeting his eyes at his words. She smiled up at him, nodding her head before Neteyam pulled her into a hug. He softly kissed the top of Beatrices head, her eyes closing as she savored the moment. They pulled away from the hug after a moment, their ears twitching as they heard his siblings start making their way towards them. Beatrice was bombarded with hugs from Tuk and Kiri, the three girls giggling to themselves before the group took off to work on things for around the camp.

After a few hours, Beatrice made her way over to Mo'ats tent alone, slight pain emanating from her injuries. As she entered, Mo'at gave her a large smile, telling her to have a seat happily. The two spoke about random things as Mo'at mixed together the balm she needed, Beatrice making sure to pay attention to the ingredients. Once Mo'at finished, she sat in front of Beatrice, the girl making sure to sit still as she was worked on.

"My dear, have you found a possible mate yet?" Mo'at asked suddenly, causing Beatrice to blush darkly. "Ahh, yes you have."

"I mean, i believe so, Tsahik. We still have some time though, before mating is even an option.." Beatrice responded softly, fidgeting with her fingers on her lap.

"Falling in love is the best part about life, my dear. You turn 18 not too long after Neteyam, yes? In just a few months?" Mo'at asked, her hands working diligently to heal Beatrices wounds.

"Yes, Tsahik. But what if who i want to be my mate changes his mind?" Beatrice asked genuinely, opening her insecurities. "I mean, i am really not much. I am not even full Na'vi.. i havent even been able to get my first kill, let alone my own ikran. What if i am not worthy?"

"You have many more qualities than being a hunter, Beatrice. You are good healer, and you take care of those you love. All things considered, technically speaking, you have made your first kill. I know it was not by the hunters test, but it is something to consider and ask Olo'eyktan about. That may make you feel better."

Beatrice nodded slowly, taking in Mo'ats words with a faint blush on her cheeks. "Thank you, Tsahik." Beatrice spoke softly, smiling at Mo'at as the older Na'vi finished working on Beatrices injuries. The girl brought her hand down her nose, Mo'at winking back at her as she got up. Beatrice followed her lead, getting up and exiting the tent to search for Neteyam and his siblings.

Beatrice found everyone in the family tent, freezing as she saw everyone with sad looks on their faces. Neteyam made his way over to her, gently taking her hand and pulling her over to the family.

"Whats going on?" The girl asked softly, anxiety building in her chest as she looked over Neytiris tear covered face. Neytiri only looked at Jake, who took a deep sigh.

"We're leaving. Tomorrow."

Beatrice felt her heart shatter at his words, a small what? escaping her lips before she looked at Neteyam. He refused to meet her eyes, instead finding Tuk and picking up the crying girl. "What do you mean?"

"For the safety of the clan, we are leaving. Far away. To prevent Quaritch from finding the clan and hurting anyone he can, from hurting you again." Jake let out, looking at the girl sadly before looking at his son.

"I want to go with you." Beatrice spoke firmly, causing everyone to look up at her with surprise. Neteyam could feel his heart burst out of his chest with love, fighting the tears that burned his eyes. Jake and Beatrice never broke eye contact, the older Na'vi seeing the fight in the young girls face and sighing. After a moment, he looked over to Neteyam, who was already staring at him with hopeful eyes.

"It might be dangerous." Jake responded, looking back at Beatrice.

"I can handle it." She responded, her heart racing. And she could. She could handle anything that was thrown her way, but only if she had Sullys by her side.

Jake stared at her for another minute longer, his face exposing the war he was having inside his head. He finally looked over to his mate, who was staring at Beatrice with a smile, tear stains still on her cheeks. He finally looked back at Beatrice, sighing once more.

"We leave after the ceremony tomorrow. Once we are banished, we have to leave as soon as possible." Jake responded, his children running over to Beatrice and hugging her tightly. Neytiri cried at Jakes words of banishment, not knowing how she could leave the forest.

Beatrice hugged the siblings back, looking up at Neteyam. He looked back at her, his eyes full of love and admiration. He rested his forehead against hers as he cupped her head gently, the two closing their eyes as they took in the moment in the big group hug.

Jake did not know it yet, but moving his family from the forest will have consequences.

hey everyone, please let me know if youre liking the story! i have a couple things up my sleeve for the rest of this story so i hope you enjoy :,)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.6K 1K 30
The sullys have gone through hardship with the sky people. The sky people have returned and destroyed their home but now they have to leave there hom...
8.2K 296 9
Avatar :- A 15 year old forgetful y/n tokito learning the life of Pandora...unknown that she is not such a normal girl...she is far from normal Avat...
111K 3.4K 27
Desire- a fickle thing of fantasy. Fae'voila, a performer of songs, content with her mundane life on a tiny island. Could not dream of love at such...
8.4K 247 19
𝐃𝐄𝐉𝐀 𝐕𝐔 ( avatar ) ( tsu'tey x fem!oc )