My Accidental Marriage

By cupcakes6621

Started: November 12, 2023 Ended: Status: Ongoing Editing: When story ends Description: People say accident... More

Chapter 1| Lost Hope
Chapter 2 | Traveling
Chapter 3| Accidentally bounded
Chapter 4 | Decision
Chapter 5| Wedding
Chapter 6| Sleepless Night
Chapter 7| First Morning
Chapter 8| Blessing Of God
Chapter 9| Going Home
Chapter 10| New Home
Chapter 11| Visit to old life
Chapter 12 | First Conversation
Chapter 13| Telling our Friends
Chapter 14| Bonding
Chapter 15| Legally Married
Chapter 17| Cricket Match
Chapter 18| Gossips
Chapter 19| Committed!
Chapter 20| New experiences
Chapter 21| Inner Storm
Chapter 22| Planning
Chapter 23|Flight
Chapter 24| Bali
Chapter 25| Comfort Zone?
Chapter 26| Aloha Swing
Chapter 27| Drunken Mistake
Chapter 28| Dance
Chapter 29| Swimming Lessons
Chapter 30| My Khush
Chapter 31| A day at the Beach
Chapter 32| Caring Husband
Chapter 33| Staying in
Chapter 34| Worried
Chapter 35| Diving into the Past
Chapter 36| Comforting Arms
Chapter 37| Coming closer
Chapter 38| Nightlife

Chapter 16| Small Outing

1.1K 108 139
By cupcakes6621

Khushi looked confused when Manish stopped the bike near a crowded area. An area she was quite familiar with. An area that even though she had only visited like 7 or 8 times in her life, but She was quite aware off. And who wouldn't know it. Living in Delhi if one doesn't know anything about Chandni chowk Market then what do they know. Chandni Chowk was one of them most famous market areas in Delhi that was filled with whole sale markets to shop at, Delicious mouth watering street food to devour and a experience of an life time to in take.

Khushi watched in confusion as Manish parked his bike near one of the empty parking spots between hundreds of bikes and Scooty's parked. Khushi got of the bike followed by Manish who locked the handle of the bike to secure it.

Khushi:"umm do you need anything from here?"

Manish:"no.. Actually. Well I thought.. I mean Dadu.."(He sighed unable to get the right words to come out)"I know Khushi that it must be really hard for you to in take all  of the things that have been happening in our lives. Our lives have taken a drastic turn in the past few days. You might feel so uncomfortable as for you everything has changed in your life. Your family is far from you and we are practically still strangers. Well so Dadu suggested that I should take you out. Make you comfortable"

Khushi:"No.. There no need I.. You don't have to force yourse..."

Manish:"I am not being forced into this Khushi. And now that we are here why no enjoy it. (Khushi nodded as they started to walk inside)"Well.. umm I couldn't think of what place you would like to go. I mean girls like shopping so I thought this was the best place. If you don't like  markets then we can go to the mall as well?"

Khushi:"No no.."

Manish:"okay"

They walked next to each other silently. Their was an awkwardness between them that hadn't left them since the beginning. If they were honest with each other it had started to irritate them. They were still walking outside the market area so the crowd was less but as Manish and Khushi started to head inside the main market area, the crowd grew. Manish himself had to push past few people. He turned back to see Khushi a little behind him as the crowd started to fill between them.

Khushi on the other hand was struggling the worst. First of all the crowd was making her irritated. She hated crowded places especially like situation right now. Secondly she hated shopping and right now she stood in a place that held only these 2 things. One of them being shopping.

Many people find it weird that a girl can hate shopping, but Khushi has disliked it since she was small. She never had the patience to look at 100s of clothes and pick out only 1 or sometimes none out of them. Then after she started to live with Chachi and Chachaji, They never bought her any new clothes or items. She herself didn't know why, but she didn't like shopping. Especially in crowded markets.

Khushi:(trying to push pass 2 aunties who seemed to think talking in the middle of the way while there was a prefect area to chat in the corner of the street)"Excuse Me Aunty. Please move a little to the side"(She pushed pass them as she heard them mumble something in anger but khushi ignored)

Khushi looked ahead to find Manish only to see him no where in such a crowded place. God what would she do now. She doesn't even have his phone number to call him. Shoot. Should she go back and wait near the bike? Or Should she...

Her thought process was cut of when a hand slipped into hers as she felt a tug pulling her in a direction. She looked to the side to see Manish looking around the area as if trying to find a less crowded area. He started to move forward through the crowd using himself as a shield so Khushi was not bumped into as most people kept bumping into them.

Khushi's one hand was in her Manish's hands while her other hand wrapped around his arms that held her as she moved behind him through the crowd. Soon as they went further into the market area the crowd reduced a little.

Manish:(stopping near a corner)"uff guess it's not a great day to be here? too crowded"

Khushi:"It's like this most of the time here"

Manish:"yeah.. So what  umm what do you want to do?"

Khushi:"I.. I don't know, you decide."

Manish:(sighed tried of the awkwardness between them)"Khushi. May I say something?"(Khushi nodded looking at him)"Remember yesterday night we decided to be friends? We decided to let this awkwardness go away. Then why are we still so awkward?"

Khushi:"I don't know. I am trying Manish. It's just ... it's all new to me. I have never had any other friends then Pihu. In fact even with Pihu, it was her who was able to break through me. It will take time. "

Manish:"I know it will. But until then at least try to voice out your wants and needs. Khushi you have to be able to tell us what you want. You don't have to do what others tell you to if you don't want to. Just because your married doesn't mean you are bounded and have no freedom. You have all the freedom to do what you want. So when I am asking you what you want to do. It is not for a reply like I don't know you decide. "

Khushi:"Okay.. But honestly I really don't know"(She said with an innocent cute face making Manish smile slightly)

Manish:"Okay then. Do you need to shop per anything specific. OR.."(He said looking around)

Khushi:"Manish.."

Manish:"hmm?"

Khushi:"I.. I am not a big fan of shopping. "

Manish:"What? Shit!"(He looked down embarrassed)"I should have just asked you before and now we..."

Khushi:"It's okay. Do you want to shop for something"

Manish:"No..."

Khushi:"then what should we do?"

Manish:"Are you hungry?"

Khushi:"umm a little"

Manish:"Well then this place is famous for it's food as well. So what say?"

Khushi:"I have heard that they have one of the most famous Pau Bhaji here? Can we try it?"(She asked)

Manish:"Of course. I know where it is"

They headed to the food stalls area where the atmospheres was filled with the aroma of delicious street food. Khushi had been never been able to try the famous food here. Though she had been here 7 to 8 times with her Chachi and Chachaji, but that was only to baby sit the younger kids while they shopped.  Manish and Khushi sat on the empty table as they eat the Pau bhaji and chatted as well.

Chatting with Manish made Khushi open up a bit. She knew that Manish was taking a big effort to try and make her comfortable even though he himself might be lost in this situation, so she had to response positively to his efforts. After eating Pau bhaji, the 2 started to move around and look at few stops though they rarely stopped as neither him nor Khushi were into shopping or in need for anything. While walking for some time, Khushi's eyes landed on a gol gappe stand.

Khushi:"Manish"( She called out making him stop and turn)

Manish:"hmm?"

Khushi:"umm.. can we.."(Manish raised him eyebrows waiting for her to finish her sentence)"Gol gappe?"(she said pointing to the stall)

Manish looked at the direction of the stall then at her and nodded with a small smile while Khushi grinned at him as they walked to that direction.

Khushi:"Bhaiya 2 plate pani puri. Spicy and...(She turned to ask if spicy is okay for Manish)

Manish:"Both spicy"

Bhaiya:"JI."

The vendor served them pani puri which the 2 devoured with great interest. Though Manish was amused slightly seeing Khushi devouring the pani puri as if they were heaven or something. He chuckled as he saw a little pout come on her face when the last piece was eaten. Though he suggested one more plate but she refused. So he paid the vendor before they started to move again.

After walking around for some time and enjoying some more food such as Ice cream and other sweets, They decided to head back home. But as the evening came, The crowd only grew and the traffic was chaotic. After very difficulty, They found their way to where they parked their bike. Manish pulled it out of the parking spot as Khushi sat on it again.

 The 2 reached home in about 40 to 60 mins due to traffic. Khushi headed inside while Manish parked the bike. Dadaji saw Khushi enter the house empty handed and frowned a little. Khushi gave him a smile and bend her head in greeting before she headed up to her room. Manish entered few mins later to see his Dadaji glaring at him.

Manish:(confused)"Hi Dadu? What happened?"

Dadaji:"You tell me. Where did you go?"

Manish:"Shopping?"

Dadaji:"Oh now you will lie to your dadu.. Oh what a day I have seen today"(He said the last part dramatically)

Manish:"Dadu.. tell me clearly and stop being dramatic like Rohan."

Dadaji:"okay beta ji. Tell me one thing,  if you went shopping then where are the shopping bags?"(He asked raising his eyebrows)

Manish:"Dadu.. We went shopping. But she doesn't like shopping so we just explored the food stall and came back"(He explained while Dadu make a oh face and nodded)"Now may i have the permission to head up Dadu?"

Dadaji:"yes yes go who stopped you? Oh and remember next time take bahu out to a place she will like. (to himself but Manish could hear)"Nalayak. Ek bhi cheese dhang se nahi kar sakta" Translation:"Useless. Can't do a single thing correctly"

Manish shock his head at his Dadu's childish actions as he headed up to his room to change. Dadaji looked at his grandson walking away and smiled.  Though there hadn't been a big change in the relationship between Manish and Khushi. There was a tiny.. maybe 0.5% change in their relationship and that too for the betterment.  This was all Dadaji needed. He knew Khushi was the one for Manish. Maybe no one might see it now. But in his heart he knew that she will be his strength throughout his life. She will support him and maybe even bring the happiness that lacks in his life. While Manish will be the light to the dark world of Khushi.

Later that day..

After dinner everyone retired to their respective room. Manish entered his room to see Khushi seated on the bed with her books open as she looked deeply engrossed in them. Manish headed towards his side of the bed and moved a book to the side to settle down. Feeling the movement, Khushi looked up to see Manish and started to pack things up.

Manish:"arre... let it be. You keep studying."

Khushi:"Oh..umm okay"

Manish:"By the way.. what are you studying?"

Khushi:"Just some technical questions. For placements"

Manish:"Oh.. yeah Placement companies will start to come within a month or so. They keep reminding us too"

Khushi:"oh.."(Khushi closed her books as she started to pack them up)

Mainsh:"So what's your plan for the future?"(Khushi's hands froze mid way while Manish looked at her)

Khushi:"Umm My plans?"

The question was more to herself. She had planned to get a decent job to move out of her Chachi's house with her Dadi. But now.. She is already out of that house and so is her Dadi. On top of that She is married. Some where in her mind a thought always stayed that what if in the future Manish would want to get rid of her? What if he got tried of her as well? What if he also started to consider her as a curse in his life? Where would she go then? She can't go back to her Chachi's house. Neither can she burden her dadi anymore. She needs to be able to be independent to live of her own. She can't burden Manish for all his life. Of course she had promised Dadu that she would put efforts in this relationship. But If even after so much efforts their relation didn't work out then she couldn't burden Manish and his family anymore. Maybe as everyone said she might actually be a curse to others and maybe this family will realize it soon enough as well.

Manish:(seeing Khushi lost in her thoughts)"Khushi..."

Khushi:"huh?"

Manish:"I am just asking what your plan now.. Do you want to study further or do you want to do a job?"

Khushi:"Job as if now. I want to secure my career. Maybe after that if I want later I can study more"

Manish:(nodded)"If you need any help let me know. Though I might not be as smart as you. I have been through this. I had even gotten placed in 3 to 4 companies but I didn't need that so.."

Khushi:"Okay"

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

So guys I hope you enjoyed it.

Plz do vote and comment.

Will update next part soon.

Translations:

Mumma/ Maa - Mom

Mummiji - Mother in law

Papa - dad

Beta/ Baccha - kid

Taiji - Dad's big brother's wife

Tauji - Dad's big brother

Chacha -Dad's younger brother

Chachi - Dad's younger Brother's wife

Bhabhi - Big brother's wife

Dever ~ husband's younger brother

Dadi - grandma

Dadu - grandpa

Bahu - Daughter in law

Nani - Grandma ( Mother's side)

Ji - a word which shows respect towards the other person

Bhaiya - Elder Brother

Didi - elder Sister

Rasam - Ritual

Jaan/ Shona - An endearment which mean my life or my love

Mami - mother's brother's wife

Jiji - Sister

Saali - Wife's sister

jiju / Jijaji - Sister's husband

Bua - Father's Sister

Fufaji - Bua's husband

Dadi bua - Father's bua

Mausaji - Mom's Sister's husband

Mausi - Mom's Sister

Yaar - bro

Scotty - Indian 2 wheeler

Holi ~ An Indian Festival of Color

Chipkali ~ Lizard

Prasad ~ Food that is blessed by god himself

Mandap ~ holi fire where the Wedding rituals happen

Sindoor ~ red pigment consider the sign of married women

Bidaai ~ The ritual where bride bids farewell to her family

Damaad ~ Daughter's husband

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 223 13
Khushi snuck onto a floor she wasn't supposed to be on to acquire her favourite actor's autograph. However, she had no clue how her life would evolve...
110K 9.1K 19
ใƒŸโ˜… "๐˜œ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ญ" โ˜…ๅฝก Vaidehi Chauhan's dreams always started fr...
297K 11.5K 26
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...