Chess Pieces Aftermath: Luciu...

By HiroYuu101

Aius The angel who's still in rebellion This story is the last installment of Chess Pieces and Chess Pieces A... More

Aius
Synopsis
First Letter
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Second Letter
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Third Letter
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Epilogue
Before the Coffee gets cold

Chapter 20

23.6K 1.4K 761
By HiroYuu101

We finally reached the finale of the Chess Pieces Aftermath series. This is also the end of the Chess Pieces series.

You guys have been there with me for three years since I started writing the CPS. It breaks my heart to write this note and say goodbye to all the characters in this series. Napamahal na sa 'kin ang bawat myembro ng EL Ordre at Red Faction, either the heroes or the villains. CPS is my first series and I think most of you knew me as the author of this series that's why this will always have a special place in my heart.

I am grateful to each and every one of you. Kahit na masakit sa ulo ang plot, maraming plot twist, at na palagi ko kayong pinag-o-overthink, pinapaiyak at sinasaktan, you guys still love the series. I will miss all your theories, your reactions, and how all of you got engrossed with each story of this series.

Dito na nagtatapos ang kwento ng bawat myembro ng EL Ordre at Red Faction. But as I've said before, the ending is always the introduction to a new beginning.

I hope you guys learned a lot from the series. Sana rin hindi n'yo makalimutan ang lahat ng mga natutunan n'yo.

See you at the second-generation stories!

Next update will be the Epilogue.

----

Maraming test ang ipinagawa pa sa akin ng doctor just to make sure that I was really okay and there would be no complications even after waking up. Even without the tests, I could already tell I was indeed okay. But I still followed the doctor's orders as Rey was watching me like a hawk. I had this impression that it wouldn't do me good if I angered her. The proof was the frightened look in Gray's eyes whenever she gave me orders and I was about to complain.

The tests and my vitals turned out okay except for the slight pain that I could still feel in my arm and leg. Ang sabi ng doctor, ang kailangan ko na lang daw ay pahinga but I still need to have physical therapy just to make sure there wouldn't be any problem with my basic skills and brain functions since I was in a coma for almost six months.

The gang visited me the next day after I woke up. Kumpleto pa ang mga gago. The private room I was in was wide but it looked small with all those tall and broad men inside. It looked even more cramped. Kung saan-saan na nga sila umupo but none of them minded it.

Ang gugulo ng mga gago. Sigurado akong nakakaistorbo na kami but since I was a VIP patient, the hospital staff just let us be. It was only when the doctor came in and checked in on me and he found Kylo and Creed on their usual banters that the doctor decided to send them away. Natakot yata sa lutong ng mga murang pinakawalan ni Kylo.

"Pwede ka na raw lumabas bukas," Rey said after my third day of waking up. Pinapanood ko sila ni Gray na ayusin ang mga gamit.

I was thankful for them. Madalas ay sila ang nag-aalaga at nagbabantay sa 'kin sa hospital. I already told them that I was fine, na hindi na ako kailangan pang bantayan but they insisted that they would do it as they didn't have anything to do.

In a short version, they told me that Gray was still receiving his therapy. But he showed a lot of improvements compared to before. Nakikita ko rin naman iyon. Mas maaliwalas na ang mukha ni Gray. His eyes seemed more alive and there was an obvious happiness and contentment in his eyes.

Some of his alters were still switching out. Madalas ay si Zeno. Sa apat na araw na nasa hospital ako, dalawang beses kong nakasama si Zeno. Isang beses ay si James na walang ginawa kundi ang magtanong kung pwede ko na lang daw ibigay sa kanya ang motor na ginamit ko at nasira sa aksidente. He said he would fix it instead.

They were still switching out pero hindi na ganoon kadalas. As if all of them could already manage it and finally be able to live a normal life. Because they finally accepted each other and their condition.

"You can stay with us, Kuya Lucius," Gray said as he looked inside the small fridge, looking for something to eat.

I sighed. Kung minsan iniisip kong nagpupunta lang si Gray dito para kumain. Rey was cooking for our meals pero si Gray na rin kasi ang umuubos ng lahat ng laman ng fridge that the hospital provided. Hinahayaan ko na lang.

"It's okay," I said as Gray took out the salad and started eating it. "Doon na lang ako sa condo."

From the couch where she was sitting, Rey stood up. Itinigil n'ya ang paglalagay ng mga nagamit kong damit sa loob ng travel bag para nakaayos na iyon sa paglabas ko bukas. She looked at me, frowning, clearly not okay with what I've said.

"Hindi mo pa nga nagagalaw ng maayos 'yung braso at binti mo. Sino ang mag-aasikaso sa 'yo roon?"

"I can just hire a nurse," I reasoned.

"Magha-hire ka pa, eh, nandito naman kami ni Gray." Bumalik na s'ya sa pagkakaupo at itinuloy ang ginagawa.

"I don't want to impose."

"You won't," Gray said as he ate the lettuce. He chews first before pointing at me with the plastic fork he was using. "Ang tagal din nating hindi nagkita, Kuya. Gusto kitang makakwentuhan."

Rey sighed. Pareho kami ni Gray na napatingin sa kanya.

"Kailangan n'ya ng pahinga, Gray. Baka ma-stress s'ya kapag kinulit mo."

Nagtatampo ang tingin na binigay ni Gray sa kanya.

"Makikipagkwentuhan lang, eh. Na-miss ko lang si Kuya Lucius."

I chuckled. Nakita kong napapangiti rin si Rey pero pinigilan n'ya. Yumuko s'ya at itinuloy ang ginagawa at doon lang pinakawalan ang ngiti.

"Sige na, Lucius," she said when she looked at me again. "Hindi ka makakaistorbo sa 'min. Gusto rin naming gawin 'to. You let me stay at your hotel before and made sure I was taken care of. Gusto kong bumawi sa pagtulong mo sa 'kin noon."

"I wanted to help you back then. Hindi naman ako humihingi ng kapalit," I said.

Rey gave me a gentle smile.

"Alam ko naman. Ganoon ka kabait. Pero gusto ko pa ring bumawi. Gusto rin kitang tulungan ngayon."

"Two against one, Kuya," Gray said. Ngumisi pa talaga. "Hindi ka namin titigilan hangga't hindi ka pumapayag."

I looked at the two of them. I know how persistent Gray can be. Minsan nga ay nagrereklamo si Hunter dahil hindi n'ya masaway si Gray. Hindi n'ya mapigilan ang kapatid sa gustong gawin. Just like when Gray decided to join the EL Ordre despite Hunter's disapproval.

And now, Rey's with him. Sa palagay ko ay wala na rin akong laban sa kanilang dalawa.

I was just worried and embarrassed. I was embarrassed that they needed to look after me. I didn't want to be a bother. Lalo pa at sila na ang halos magbantay sa 'kin sa buong panahon na nandito ako sa hospital.

But then, I remembered what Rey said. That I have friends, a family that wanted to help me. Na kung nagkabaliktad man ang sitwasyon, gugustuhin ko ring tulungan sila. I just didn't want to take advantage of their kindness.

"Alright," I said, sighing in defeat. "Pero hanggang sa magamit ko na ulit nang maayos ang mga braso at binti ko."

They both beamed at me. Ang laki ng pagkakangiti nila na para bang pinagbigyan sila sa isang bagay na matagal na nilang gusto. I couldn't help the chuckle that escaped from my lips. This couple was just fucking adorable.

They got busy trying to tidy up the room. I was facing my laptop as I have so much pending work. My father visited me yesterday and told me not to worry about the hotel as he took over for a while and I should just focus on my recovery. But I guess, hinahanap-hanap din ang katawan ko ang pagtatrabaho.

Rey and Gray were done with what they were doing when we heard a knock on the door. Pare-pareho kaming napatingin doon. I was thinking it was just the doctor but when the door opened, I realized I was wrong.

Natahimik ang dalawang kasama ko sa kwarto na kanina ay nagkukulitan lang. I stopped typing on the laptop as well, surprised by my visitor. I shouldn't have been surprised as I know she was working in this hospital but still, hindi ko akalaing makikita ko si Ishtar ngayon.

I saw the reluctant look on her face before she smiled and walked inside, closing the door behind her. She was wearing a white polo blouse and black slacks under her white lab coat. Seeing her like this reminded me how much everything changed between the two of us.

"Hi," she greeted. Hindi s'ya masyadong lumapit sa 'kin at tumigil ilang hakbang pa ang layo mula sa kama ko.

I heard Gray clear his throat. In the corner of my eye, I saw him and Rey stood up.

"Pupunta lang ako ng nurse station. Aasikasuhin ko na discharge papers mo, Lucius," it was Rey.

"Sa labas lang ako, Kuya," Gray said and I knew that he would stay outside just in case. Gusto ko sanang sabihin walang magiging problema but I knew that Gray would still stay there.

They both left the room after that. Hindi ko inalis ang tingin ko kay Ishtar. I was torn on what I should do with her.

I didn't want her here but at the same time, there was a part of me that wanted to talk to her. For the last time.

Silence stretched between us after Rey and Gray left. Nanatiling nakatayo si Ishtar, nag-aalangang lumapit. I just waited for her next move. Sa ilang beses na itinaboy ko s'ya, patuloy pa rin s'yang lumalapit so I knew that even if I told her to leave, she still wouldn't go away.

When she probably saw in my eyes that I wouldn't send her away, she finally walked towards my bed. Naupo s'ya sa upuan na nasa gilid lang ng kama ko. I looked away as I didn't want her this close. I never want her to get close to my life anymore.

"How are you?" she asked. I could hear the slight tremor in her voice. "I was worried. Palagi kitang binibista nu'ng tulog ka. I was so glad when I hear that you finally woke up."

I didn't say anything. I couldn't say anything. Nanatali lang ang tingin ko sa laptop ko. There was so much in my mind right now and I knew that if I say something, hindi maganda ang mga salitang lalabas sa bibig ko.

The last dream I had with Angela was still fresh in my mind. It was a beautiful dream and a part of me was hoping that it was real. Na nakausap ko nga talaga si Angela. That it was her saying goodbye to me.

Ayokong mabahiran ng kahit anong negatibo ang alaala o panaginip na 'yon. I finally heard her say that she loves me again. I finally saw the love in her eyes again.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Mariin kong ikinuyom ang mga palad ko, hoping that it would erase my anger or anything unpleasant in my chest. Ilang sandali bago ko iyon tuluyang nagawa. I opened my eyes and looked at Ishtar.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

She gave me a sad smile. As if she was sad that I didn't know the answer and that I had to ask her that.

"Of course, I wanted to make sure that you're okay," she said. "I was contemplating if I should visit you or not. Natatakot kasi akong baka mapasama sa condition mo ang pagbisita ko."

"And yet you're here."

I saw the pain in her eyes.

"Lucius... I just want to talk to you."

"Ano pa ba'ng sasabihin mo, Ishtar?" I tried to control my anger. "I don't think you still have anything to say. Whenever you speak, whenever you tried talking to me, you always just said something that made me angrier at you."

"It's because you never gave me a chance to speak." She looked exasperated. "Lagi mo akong itinataboy. Gusto ko lang namang magpaliwanag sa 'yo."

I wanted to tell her that nothing could make me understand why she did that, what she did to Angela. I could never fucking understand it. Hindi ko matatanggap ang kahit na anong paliwanag n'ya.

But I wanted this to get over with. I was so tired of everything, of Ishtar. Sa tingin ko, kapag pinagbigyan ko s'ya ngayon, baka sakaling hindi n'ya na ako guluhin pa.

"Alright," I said as I exhaled harshly. "Talk. Explain. Sabihin mo na ang gusto mong sabihin."

She looked surprised. Hindi yata inaasahan na pagbibigyan ko s'yang makausap ako ngayon. For a while, she just stared at me. Surprise was written on her face. And then she smiled. Nakita ko pa ang pamumula ng mga mata n'ya kasabay ng pagkakaroon ng pag-asa roon.

"Thank you..." she said. Ibinuka n'ya ang bibig, magpapaliwanag na yata. But then she closed it again. "I didn't know where to start."

"Start by telling me why the fuck you did that to Angela."

"You'll forgive me?"

Napabuntong-hininga ako.

"No," deretso kong sabi. Nakita ko ang muling pagdaan ng sakit sa mga mata n'ya. "But I want to give you a chance to explain yourself."

Her face crumpled. She was about to cry, I know. Kabisado ko na ang ganoong expression n'ya. But then, I thought I knew her already. Pero hindi ko inaasahan na magagawa n'ya ang isang bagay na alam n'yang sobrang makakasakit sa 'kin.

It pained me to think that our relationship was severed with what she did. Ang dami naming pinagsamahan. Lumaki kami nang sabay. And it pained me more to think that I thought I knew her and yet... And yet she did something unthinkable.

"I just did that because I love you so much, Lucius," she said. "Natakot akong maagaw ka ng babaeng 'yon. I was afraid when I saw that you were drifting away from me. You're mine. I am your Queen. You were supposed to protect me and be with me. Everything was okay until that woman came into the picture."

"That woman had a name, Ishtar," I saw through gritted teeth. Hindi ko na napigilan ang galit ko. "And that woman was the love of my life."

"Iyon nga!" Tears pooled in her eyes. "Bakit ang bilis mo s'yang minahal? Bakit ang bilis mong nahulog sa kanya? When it was me who was with you all the time! When it was me who was with you with that goddamn game!"

Ishtar started to cry. I saw so much hurt in her eyes. Sinusubukan kong intindihin s'ya. I didn't look away from her hoping that I could understand her. But I don't. I can't. Pakiramdam ko pa nga ay ibang tao ang kaharap ko.

But then, I realized that maybe I didn't really know her. Na mali talaga ako sa pagkakakilala sa kanya. Noon, hindi ko matanggap ang nagawa n'ya kay Angela. Hindi ko matanggap na ang babaeng kasama kong lumaki, the woman I protected, and the woman I considered as my sister, did something that take the life of the woman I loved.

Pero ngayon, nagsisimula ko nang matanggap ang lahat. Paunti-unti. It was easier to accept and understand what she did if I just think that I didn't know her... If I just try to forget the Ishtar who was with me since we were kids. She was long gone. And the woman in front of me was someone I barely even know.

"It was so unfair, Lucius," she said between her sobs. "I did everything for you—"

"Stop, Ishtar," I cut her off. Dinig ko ang pagod sa boses ko. "Just stop already."

She sobbed. Hinayaan ko s'yang umiyak. She buried her face in her palms and I just watched her. All I could feel was exhaustion as I looked at her.

"You wasted the chance I gave you to explain yourself. What a shame..." I chuckled in remorse. "Now, I'm regretting even talking to you."

"Lucius..."

"I was hoping to hear that you regret what you did, that you'll apologize. Pero wala 'kong narinig na pinagsisisihan mo ang ginawa mo. You even tried to put the blame on the love you say you have for me." Napailing ako. "That's bullshit. I don't want that kind of love. I never wanted it. Kaya 'wag mong isisi ang ginawa mo sa pagmamahal na sinasabi mo."

"Pinagsisisihan ko naman ang ginawa ko..."

"Really?" Muli akong natawa ng walang laman. "It doesn't seem that way. Sa tingin ko, nagsisisi ka lang kasi galit ako sa 'yo. Na tuluyan na akong nawala sa 'yo. But you are never sorry that Angela died, that a life was taken away because of what you did."

She looked at me with tears rolling down her eyes. Pero wala akong maramdaman na kahit ano. Or maybe... Pity.

I pity her. I pity people who couldn't even see what they did wrong. I pity those people who couldn't accept their mistakes, who even tried to justify what they did wrong. I pity those people who didn't know how to feel regret or how to apologize. Because those kind of people wouldn't learn anything. They would just repeat their mistakes. They won't have a chance to be a better person.

"I hope that this will be the last time we'll talk. I gave you the chance, Ishtar. But you ruined it. You just wasted it. Ang akala ko kasi, kahit papaano, magsisisi ka. But I guess I was wrong about you."

"Lucius, please..." She tried to hold my hand pero iniiwas ko ang kamay ko sa kanya. "At least try to remember what we had before. Hindi mo ba talaga ako mapapatawad?"

I shook my head firmly. Siniguro kong makikita n'yang hinding-hindi na magbabago ang desisyon ko.

"I won't. I can't. I'm sure of that. Masyado akong nasaktan at nagdusa dahil sa ginawa mo. And I wouldn't be able to forget all of that."

Napahagulhol na s'ya. She was looking at me, pleading with her eyes as I wouldn't let her touch me anymore. Pero pagod na ako. Pagod na ako sa kaiisip na kasalanan ko ang lahat. Na dahil sa pagmamahal n'ya sa 'kin ay nawala si Angela.

I already understood and slowly learned to accept that it wasn't my fault. I closed my eyes and just remembered the last dream I had with Angela.

Angela wanted me to be happy. She wanted me to be free from pain. I suffered so much. I guess it's time for me to finally let go of my guilt and pain.

Ilang sandali pang nanatili si Ishtar. Pinanatili kong nakasara ang mga mata ko. I didn't want to look at her anymore. I could hear her sobs. Maya-maya ay tumayo at naglakad palapit sa pinto.

She opened the door. I knew she looked back at me. I could feel her stares. But when I didn't open my eyes, she finally went out.

And when she closed the door, I decided to cut off my ties with Ishtar too. It was time to close that chapter of my life.

Rey and Gray took care of me while I was having my physical therapy. The couple was so good to me. Kung minsan ay nahihiya pa ako dahil alam kong bumabawi sila sa panahong nagkahiwalay sila pero parang nakakaistorbo ako roon.

But they didn't let me feel that way. Kung minsan ay dumadalaw din kasi ang mga kaibigan namin. Nanggugulo lang. Everything was in chaos whenever they would visit that I think I was starting to miss the peaceful moment of those six months I was in a coma. Wala kasing magugulo sa panaginip ko noon.

In no time, I was able to use my arm and leg properly again. Like they were new. My therapist even said na masyadong mabilis ang naging recovery ng braso at binti ko. I think the training I had with the EL Ordre helped me to recover quickly.

I decided to go back to work again. My dad wouldn't even let me. He wanted me to rest. To take a vacation. But I know that I could rest more with my friends and my family near me.

This time, I wouldn't isolate myself anymore. I know that people are there for me.

Dad only let me get back to work after I promised that I'll let him help and we'll divide the workload. Pumayag na lang ako. Alam ko namang hahayaan n'ya ulit ako kapag nakita at nasiguro n'yang okay na nga ako at nakapagpahinga n'ya.

The first day after I got back working at the hotel was hectic. Sa buong araw ay nasa opisina lang ako. Dad was helping me. He was reviewing the files that I needed to sign. Nauna s'yang umuwi nang masigurong pipirmahan ko na lang ang ilang dokumento.

It was past ten when I got to finish signing the papers. Dad was pestering me to go home. Pero wala pa iyon sa plano ko. There's someone I need to talk to. Bumaba ako sa lobby ng hotel at dumiretso sa café na nandoon.

There were only a few customers inside. Karamihan ay nakaharap na lang sa laptop with a coffee and sweets on their table. I looked at the counter and saw a woman sitting behind it. Nakapangalumbaba s'ya at nakatulala.

I smiled inwardly and approached her. Hindi n'ya kaagad ako napansin kahit na nasa harap na n'ya ako. Mukhang malalim talaga ang iniisip n'ya.

"Is the tea that is only exclusive to your coffee buddy available?"

Ada looked up at me. For a while, it looked like she couldn't really see me. Ilang sandali s'yang nakatitig lang sa 'kin. And then, she blinked. Recognition dawned in her eyes before she rolled her eyes at me.

She rolled her eyes at me! What the fuck?

At parang kulang pa ang ginawa n'yang pag-irap sa 'kin, tumayo rin s'ya at tumalikod na para bang ayaw n'ya akong makita. She pretended she was busy doing something on the coffee maker. Pinunasan n'ya pa iyon kahit na alam ko namang malinis na malinis iyon.

"Ada?" I called her, confused about what she did. "Is there something wrong?"

Hindi pa rin ako pinansin ni Ada. Nakatalikod lang s'ya sa 'kin. Ayaw nga talaga akong harapin.

What the hell?

"Ada?" She was still busy cleaning the surface of the coffee maker. "Hey..."

Hindi pa rin talaga s'ya humarap. I took a deep breath.

"Adalina..."

It was only then that she turned and looked at me. I was surprised when I saw the look on her face. There were so many emotions in them. Anger, worry, sadness. It was obvious that she was trying not to cry.

Nagmadali akong lumapit sa kanya. I went behind the counter. Tatalikod na sana ulit s'ya sa 'kin pero magaan ko s'yang hinawakan sa mga braso n'ya at pinaharap sa 'kin.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

She shook her head. Her lips pursed. Mukhang wala talagang balak magsalita.

"C'mon... Tell me. I'm your coffee buddy, right?"

At first, she looked like she really wasn't going to tell me anything. Hindi pa nga makatingin sa 'kin. But then she looked me in the eye and her tears fell.

"Aksidente lang 'yon, 'di ba?" she asked. Nanginginig ang boses n'ya. "Aksidente lang 'yung nangyari sa 'yo?"

I frowned. I couldn't understand what she was trying to say.

"Of course," I said. "Naaksidente ako."

"Hindi mo 'yung sinadya, 'di ba?" A tear fell from her eye but she quickly wiped it.

"What? Of course not. I fainted while I was driving."

Her lips quivered. I watched as more tears pooled in her eyes. Hanggang sa tumulo ang mga iyon mula sa mga mata n'ya ay hindi ko s'ya hiniwalayan ng tingin.

"Ang akala ko kasi... Ang akala ko—" She sobbed. She couldn't continue what she was saying so she just shook her head.

I stared at her. My heart was in pain as I watched her cry in front of me. She looked hurt but at the same time, relieved.

Ilang saglit ko pa s'yang pinanood. And then I finally understood her questions. I finally understand the anger and sadness I saw in her eyes earlier.

She was worried. She thought I did it on my own. That it wasn't just an accident.

I took a deep breath. Sinubukan kong hulihin ang tingin n'ya. But she was busy wiping her tears so I cupped her face and did it for her instead. Wala na s'yang nagawa kundi ang tingnan ako sa mga mata.

"Kaya ba hindi mo 'ko dinalaw sa hospital? Masama ang loob mo sa 'kin kasi akala mo sinadya ko ang nangyaring aksidente?" I asked.

"Dinalaw kita... Kaso isang beses lang. Hindi ko kayang—" She sobbed. "Hindi ko kayang makita kang gano'n."

"Eh, nu'ng nagising na ako, bakit hindi ka pa rin dumalaw?"

Another tears fell from her eyes. Mabilis ko iyong pinunasan.

"Naiinis ako sa 'yo. Ang akala ko kasi talaga—" Mariin n'yang pinagdikit ang mga labi n'ya at muling umiling.

I didn't know why but I smiled. Hindi dapat ako ngumiti ngayon. Umiiyak pa naman si Ada. But I just really couldn't help it while thinking that she was worried about me. She was so cute.

"I'm sorry," I said. "It was really an accident. I was overstressed, that was why I fainted. Bago 'yon, madalas na talagang sumakit ang ulo ko. Siguro, nasobrahan na talaga ang katawan ko no'ng araw na 'yon."

"Hindi mo kasi iniingatan ang sarili mo," sabi n'yang humihikbi pa rin.

Mas lumawak ang ngiti sa mga labi ko.

"Galit ka pa rin sa 'kin?"

She glared at me. Natawa ako.

"I promise. It was just an accident. I never had that thought again when I started talking to you. Kasi may nakinig ng mga kwento ko. Hindi ko naman sasayangin ang mga ginawa at advice mo para sa 'kin."

Humihikbi pa rin s'ya pero pinipigilan nang umiyak. Mas napangiti ako.

"I am thankful that you're there for me. That you helped me. Malaki ang naitulong mo kaya nabawasan ang bigat sa dibdib ko. You made me realize things I wasn't able to understand before."

Unti-unti, nakita ko ang pagngiti n'ya. I almost sighed in relief when she finally stopped crying.

"Okay ka na ba?" she asked. Hinawakan n'ya ang kamay kong nasa pisngi n'ya pa rin.

I nodded.

"I'm fully okay now. Pero mas magiging okay ako kapag nainom ko na 'yung exclusive tea na para lang sa 'kin."

She chuckled and it seemed like a huge weight had been lifted off my chest. Mas lumawak ang ngiti n'ya nang tumango sa 'kin.

"Saglit. Igagawa lang kita."

Ayoko pa sana s'yang bitiwan pero lumayo na s'ya sa 'kin. I just leaned on the counter, watching her make the tea she always makes for me.

Ah, no. I was only looking at her face. May bakas pa rin ng mga luha sa pisngi n'ya at pinigilan ko ang sarili kong abutin s'ya para alisin iyon. She was smiling anyway.

"Ada..." I called her.

"Hmm?" Hindi man lang s'ya nag-angat ng tingin sa 'kin.

Ilang saglit ko pa s'yang tinitigan bago humugot ng malalim na paghinga.

"Samahan mo 'kong bisitahin ang puntod si Angela."

Napatigil si Ada at agad na tumingin sa 'kin. She looked surprised.

"Bakit?" she asked.

I smiled. Hindi ko na talaga napigilan ang sarili ko at pinunasan ang natira pang mga luha sa pisngi n'ya.

"I want to introduce you to her."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

867K 23.8K 39
Bratty and spoiled, Crystal Angeline Perez is used to getting whatever she wants with a snap of her fingers. But when the ever-possessive Jacob Muril...
15.6M 542K 49
Archer The beast who's acting like a guardian angel.
52.2K 745 26
Warning: R18🔞 Cabrini Empire #3 "I'm your brother's girlfriend, why are you doing this to me?! You feel so good inside me!" Nathalia Lonzaga grew up...
102K 1.5K 57
Ayara Terrise Monterio a fresh graduate, trying to find herself in the world of filming. Not knowing that following her dreams will lead her to the p...