Aptitude [Vkook]

By BambiLuna16

Jungkook and Taehyung are not your typical married couple that people would simply bump into at a convenient... More

One: Normality Is an Illusion
Two: City After Hours๐Ÿ”ž
Three: Radioactive
Four: Shrike
Song for this Story
Six: Don't Forget Us
Seven: Bolt Rings and Death
Eight: Message
Nine: Meeting Again
Ten: What is it?
Eleven: Play Your Words
Twelve: Simon
Thirteen: Who's Son?
Fourteen: Flashbacks

Five: Backstory

110 16 1
By BambiLuna16

"This man is going to die."

"I let my guard down."

"We all did."

"I had it covered, and you just had to get involved you sensitive bitch!"

"He threatened our family -"

"He's known for that!"

"What did you guys do? Where are we?"

"Shit, he's awake."

"Well someone has to take gear - Anyone besides Taehyung."

"I can -"

"Valencia, you've done enough. Karma go."

"Why do I have to?"

"Because your charming attitude can probably grant us survival,"

Eyes fluttered immediately - a reaction from that familiar feeling as though the consciousness was pushed ahead - followed by a pounding and fierce headache, to then feeling weak.... The body feels weak.

Fuck, that was a hard hit.

Karma groans in disgust to how nauseous this body started to feel - reminding him of how bad he handles alcohol because of how gross it makes him feel inside. Now mustering the strength to snap his eyes open, Karma was only being greeted with nothing but blurred darkness and his body feeling so tired.

Was he drugged? Is that why he feels so fucking hungover right now?

No, Namjoon wouldn't drug him.

He wouldn't do that to Eden.

"Oh Karma, not a surprise to see you being the one to have risen first."

He's here already?

Grunting to the headache, Karma manages to ease his head up after gaining a better sight to his surroundings - unfortunately for him, recognizing the room far too well.

They're in the ballroom hall of the Orchids empire mansion, behind him being a wall of windows in its own vintage design that's now covered by thick black curtain, spreading the darkness within the shadows of every corner. This room would be popular during Gala meets, annual parties, and formal gatherings - Karma would know, he participated in all of them and sometimes had to take care of some clients along the way.

Actually now thinking about it, Karma did have quite the fun here actually.

In that corner to his right, he remembers melting the head off this dealer for disrespecting boss during the meeting - of course ordered the majesty himself.  A few feet away, the memory was quite vivid of him dragging this bitch with a chain around her neck, who was grooming his three-year-old son into taking him to a brothel. And right against the wall right in front of him was where he fucked Jungkook the first time they got sexual - which funny to think about since he had to cover Jungkook's mouth with his tie so he would shut up from being too loud.

Being here now, looking attentively through the walls coated by murals and the large chandeliers hanging up from the ceiling, having the wall lampposts be the source of light within the darkness, listening to the faint sound of Symphony no.40 in G Minor by Mozart in the background - it almost began to feel as though time didn't change.

Everything is exactly the same.

Maybe even Karma is also the same. If for a moment he were to relive that past, nothing about his actions or behavior would be any different, he'd still handle everything as he remembers it - like some muscle memory instinct. 

He knows he can be that killer again if he decided to switch it up.

Karma doesn't know how to feel about that, and it did scare him.

"Glad to see you awake."

The familiar voice strayed Karma's attention from the marble floors to trail up the silhouette standing against the wall - dressed in an all-black attire while looking attentively to Karma's every move. He knows Karma is reminiscing the memories with his silence, and no doubt that bastard is enjoying it.

When Karma goes to brush the hair away from his face, he found himself unable to do so. Looking down, he noticed he wasn't tied up, but he couldn't move a muscle in his body, not even produce fire or heat in general.

So that definitely means one thing.

"Got Seokjin to work on your side again?"

The Boss smiles effortlessly, tracing his feet that took him to other side of the room, showing Seokjin tied up with his eyes closed, "Not really, but Wonwoo may have commanded him through his mind to keep you still and prevent any outbursts from happening. He's still on timeout."

And he gently pats Seokjin's head, facing back towards Karma, "Must feel nostalgic being here again."

"So nostalgic I could choke on bullets."

"That much detest for the past? I thought we had fun."

"Maybe with Eden you did," Boss's face falls monotone, just as Karma grins, "Never expected for you to be the type to throw a girly tantrum after a breakup. Kidnapping isn't the ideal way to win someone's heart, you know?"

Boss didn't say anything, but instead he walks toward Karma slowly. His every step was as powerful as one of a sinister king, slow and menacing, just like the glare in his eyes. It made Karma a bit unease as he slowly approaches him and kneels down to face him at eye level.

The look on his face alone made Karma sick, very sick.

He never liked Boss, he just did his dirty work and got it over with. Eden was more devoted to him, and maybe Tigresa - but that was because of Hwanwoong, similarly to Taehyung. Meanwhile Valencia was just trying to survive, for everyone. 

They all had different motives with Orchids, and Karma despite being good at what he does, hated every second of it.

Even if some moments he did miss it.

"I had all of you wrapped around my fingers, did you forget that?" Boss taunted, head to the side, "And not just because of the child, but perhaps because deep down inside, you all loved this life, just as much as I loved you working for me as my assassin."

Boss is anything but stupid. He knows them all well, since he studied them since the second he saw Taehyung in that parent/teacher conference while he was in middle school - manipulating the puppets as his parents so smoothly and deviously. He was so fascinated by Taehyung's mind, and once he discovered all of them, that just got him to patiently wait for him until the perfect moment to strict.

Having his caged in his hands as the perfect soldier.

Karma snarls his teeth, but Boss only smiles with those charming dimples, "Work for me again Karma, and maybe we all could just push the past behind us," He whispers, twirling with a curl of the mess of black hair on Karma's head, "Unless you want me to turn you in with the rats and they can take care of you in prison where they keep people like us?"

He's testing him.

He really is testing him.

Boss doesn't play so easy, especially if it's run by emotions. 

There's more to this, Karma knows it.

This whole scheme has been outrageous just for a simple deal, even to have the agency side with him.

They have something more up their sleeve, something he can't trust.

For his family.

"I'd rather rot than ever work for you again."

Boss looks between his eyes, his expression falling in dismay with a shake of his head, but not at all disappointed, "I was hoping you'd be more compliant, but maybe this would change your mind."

Suddenly the double doors of the hall open, two guards coming in while dragging someone between them. Karma heart began to accelerate by the second as they draw closer inside - his mind running to who possibly Boss dragged here to him - up until he was physically paralyzed when they threw the person before them on their knees but yanking the long strands of black hair up to reveal the face.

Karma really wanted Valencia to make the Earth eat them up right now. Maybe for Eden to gaslight him and convince him of this being a nightmare because he will not believe Boss managed to catch him.

Jungkook...

His husband.

They got Jungkook.

Immediately Tigresa leaped out to front, struggling against the restraints around their body in rage, "Don't you dare touch him!"

Boss now grins, rising to his feet as he walks towards Jungkook after seeing such reaction, meeting his empty doe eyes with his condescending stare, "Remember me? The Mafia lord you wanted to take down once upon a time? And guess what, now I work with your agency! The irony of life, right?"

Jungkook didn't twitch a reaction, only having Boss wave off the guards to leave. He analyzed Jungkook carefully by walking around him, especially the tatted wings on his back beneath his tank top, right before meeting his eyes again, "You've grown well, in all the right areas. You know, when Valencia would put in a good word for you, I didn't expect you to be so promising. How wrong was I, since you single handedly escaped my grasp and ran away with my best man. So devious, I applaud you."

Attempting to move, Jungkook was suddenly still - just like Taehyung - and he looks down to his body confused but then back to Boss, just as the man smiles at him and then back to Tigresa, "Maybe you need to discuss with your husband first before you decide right? I'll give you two sometime alone."

Tigresa glares heavily to Boss walking away from the room, but nothing as murderous as the stare Jungkook is giving them right now.

Just as Boss leaves them in the silence with the door slammed shut.

The sun has set by now and the stars twinkle the night sky, tracing it all the across to the city where the moving car finally stops in front of an apartment complex - leaving the two sons of Jungkook and Taehyung inside in a heavy silence.

In the past twenty-four hours, they have lived distinct lives. The forest, the animals and their family were all they knew yesterday - even this morning. They never knew of the city, of more people with abilities, or even about the technology that they have been seeing since the second they stepped foot into Seoul. It all has been.... A blur.

A shock actually.

Nothing is the same anymore, but that's what happens when you escape right? You're faced to how imperfect life truly is.

They lived a peaceful life, just last night finally being able to laugh at the dinner table to Hwanwoong exaggerating story while being on the hunt, and it was a harmony that felt like things were okay and fine the way they were. But now they're in a place they've never been to since they were at least four years old, and alone.

Without their parents.

This is the first time they have been away from them since entering the woods, isolated from society.

They don't even know where to begin on what to do.

Hwanwoong has stopped crying a long time ago, still hoping to see Jungkook coming around soon to explain everything of what's going on, or even have Taehyung pop up since he's been gone all day. Yeosang on the other hand is still, no crying or displaying certain emotions, and that probably has a lot to do on being the big brother for Hwanwoong. He has no idea what's going on, but he has to keep himself calm. If they both go into an emotional fit, they won't get things done.

Right now, Hwanwoong will depend on him and Yeosang has to keep his head up.

"Hwannie, we're here," Yeosang says quietly, looking over the large building through the window, "I just don't know where this Jimin guy would be -"

"Are our parents going to die?"

The sudden question left Yeosang frozen, surprised and taken back, but he had to gather himself together and face his brother. Hwanwoong wasn't even looking at him, but only to the back headrest of the driver's seat, his eyes only glowing numb.

So Yeosang places a hand on his forearm, "Hey, look at me."

Hwanwoong didn't move on command, but after a few seconds he sighs and looks at Yeosang.

And it was as though he could cry on the spot all over again.

"Our parents are the most powerful beings we know. They have taught us a bunch of times to not give up and survive, and best believe that's what they're doing now," Yeosang was so sure of those words, and that confidence fueled Hwanwoong back to the assurance, "What we need to do now is get to Jimin and we'll see what we can do from there. Dad said he'd come back, let's hope for that to be the case."

Even if the last line was a clear lie, for Hwanwoong that's what completely calmed him down. Yeosang knew Jungkook scarified himself to be taken just so they wouldn't find them, as a way to also find Taehyung. They both will need the help.

For Hwanwoong's sake, he doesn't need to know that now.

Yeosang needs him focused until he adapts.

So, after making sure they were on the same page, Yeosang smiles and leads the two out of the car. The air here in the city by far feels almost suffocating compared to the air in the forest, it even caught Hwanwoong off guard to stumble in his steps back, but Yeosang kept him still as he tried to adapt as much to their surroundings as he could. He analyzed the sidewalks, the streets, the buildings and the faint sounds of people in a distance or around the area.

The city, where they never thought they'd find themselves in.

"Alright," Yeosang says to himself and looks at Hwanwoong, "So we just have to go through the entrance and maybe ask for some directions on Jimin. There's probably a person inside or something."

Hwanwoong looks as though he's shitting his pants to the new surroundings, being like a turtle cowering inside a shell, so he just shrugs.

Well then, thanks.

Yeosang rolls his eyes and drags him inside the apartment complexing, having it ring a bell immediately. The place gave them a bit of the creeps since the walls are chipping from the pale green paint and the floors seem as though it hasn't been cleaned in years. The ceiling light is flickering and there's a large staircase, with wood seeming to be older than one would think.

The two would know, they lived around it.

Yeosang gulps as his eyes finds the front desk, which is dipped within the wall. Hwanwoong is gripping onto Yeosang's arm for dear life as they slowly approach the desk, revealing an old lady behind it. The woman was far too concentrated on the cat video she was watching on her phone rather than noticing there's two terrified and dishevel teenage boys approaching her.

Not until they stand over her desk.

She still didn't look up, so Yeosang clears his throat.

She still didn't look up, but she did say, "Can I help you?"

Her tone is stiff, despite how friendly she looks.

It sent a shiver down Hwanwoong's spine.

"Um," Yeosang gathers his composure together, nodding to himself, "We're here to see Jimin."

"Who?"

This caught him off guard, "Jimin..... Uh.... He lives here."

"Okay.... Go see him then."

Yeosang blinks at her, "Could you tell us the room number?"

Finally she looks at them with a pointed stare, "Listen, if you don't know then I don't know either. Besides, if he's someone you know, you'd have to know!"

Oh she's getting annoyed.

"B-But -"

"Yeosang?"

Both boys suddenly turn around, seeing an unfamiliar man standing by the stairs, looking between the two boys with lips parted - shocked actually.

He sure seems to recognize them, if only it was mutual.

The man then looks at Hwanwoong, his gaze immediately glittering, "Hwanwoong?"

Hwanwoong's grip on Yeosang's arm tightens, and Yeosang subtly eases him back behind him - keeping his guard up.

This man seemed to have noticed the protectiveness because he quickly makes it down the steps, apologizing, "I'm sorry - I'm Jimin. I'm a friend of your fathers."

Jimin.

Hm...

Yeosang rakes his eyes over him, doubtful after the stressful day he has had today, so he stands upright, "How should I know you're not lying?"

He may appear friendly, but Yeosang doesn't trust so easily.

Luckily for him, Jimin got to work.

He pulled out an ID - two actually. One being his driver's license, and another behind a veteran Identification. This perked a bit of Hwanwoong's curiosity silently, just as Jimin also pulled out a photograph from his pocket - probably knowing he was going to have to use some sort of proof of himself.

And the photograph was of them, with another male in the picture.

Taehyung and Jungkook were dressed in black suits, matching actually, while Jimin and the other male were dressed in a military cameo uniform - Marines planted on their chest along with their name. This picture is clearly old because they looked a bit younger here, and that's enough evidence to show the long-term friendship.

Now that raised a lot of questions for the two boys - How did they meet?

Were their dads also in the military with them? But their attire is different...

Reluctantly Yeosang looks at Jimin, frowning, "Our dad... He -"

"I know, I got the message from a shrike bird," He's definitely a green flag if he said a shrike bird, "Let's go."

The two teenagers followed behind the man, who seemed to be in a rather of a hurry as he led them to the top floor, down the hall before barging into the apartment. Hwanwoong did not step an inch farther away from Yeosang, and Yeosang also made sure he was close as they followed Jimin into the apartment with a bit of space - just in case.

His home is surprisingly cozy in a way, a small living room with a kitchen attached from the side- similarly to the boy's cottage. There's a hall that led to likely the rooms and bathroom, a simple place for someone to live in.

Or two for the matter.

A man sitting behind a whole set of computers is to the corner of the living room - near the large window that led to the small balcony. He had a headset on and seemed to be looking attentively through the screen filled with codes and camera screens of live videos, eyes jumping from screen to screen until he must've felt their presence because he looked to the side to see them.

He's the other man who was also in the picture.

"Wow, you guys grew up."

Another person who knew them, yet they didn't remember.

Jimin went off to the kitchen, getting water bottles and fruits, returning back to set them on the coffee table - noticing the two teenagers still frozen in their place, encouraging them with a hand to sit on the couch.

Yeosang was the one taking lead here while being with strangers, while also being extremely cautious of his surroundings as he sat down on the couch with Hwanwoong beside him - glaring at the fruits and water while nudging Hwanwoong to not take it until they get answers. The man behind the computer put the headset down and moves to sit down on the chair across from them, and Jimin sits down on the one beside him.

The attention nerved Yeosang, but in some strange way it made him feel the similarity of being under their parents gaze.

It's that stiff, hard, and serious stare.

One that wanted this to run smoothly.

"Now, um.... I know this is all a shock or so sudden to you guys, but um-" Jimin starts off, seemingly contemplating his words, but then looks at them, "So I'm Jimin, and this is my partner, Yoongi. We know your fathers for a long time and -"

"Not to be rude, but please get to the point," Yeosang says back, not trying to seem cold but unfortunately that's how it came out, "What is going on? Why are there people after us? Who even are our parents? We need to know everything."

Hwanwoong's gaze mellows to his brother's words, glancing down to his hands as they fiercely shake on his lap - the topic they've been avoiding for years now coming to light.

Yoongi glances between them, more so to Hwanwoong's anxiety, and sighs, "Alright if that's what you two want, I'm not going to sugar coat it -"

Jimin glares at him, "Yoongi -"

"As you may not know, people like us aren't common and they aren't accepted into society. The sad life is that once you're caught, you don't have a lot of options besides a possible death - and neither of them clearly wanted to die," Yoongi's voice is low, sarcastic, but directly to the point, it reminded Yeosang too much of Eden, "Who's after you is a mafia Taehyung was once part of, named Orchids, and an agency branched out by the military for people like us to assist in war and combat, Oasis. Jungkook was part of Oasis, while also being the Sergeant of the Marines - but no one had to know that Oasis part. You mind going next Jimin?"

His partner is still glaring at him, but he then rolls his eyes with his gentler stare to them, "Look, back then things were very complicated. Taehyung only joined Orchids because the boss kidnapped you, Hwanwoong," This perked the youngest attention, "They killed your mom, Wheein, so in order to protect you, Taehyung had to do what he thought made sense in that moment, and it was to join them since they wanted to recruit him."

Hwanwoong stayed still, the gloss in his eyes gone as sinks this information in, even Yeosang as well.

But that wasn't all.

"Jungkook was also one of the best agents in Oasis," Yoongi chimed in, pouring himself whiskey with ice to the stand beside the chair he's sitting on, "That's where he met Lisa, your mom Yeosang," Now the eldest attention was snatched, and not in a good way, "Your dad grew up with assassins against people like us, and they were good at it too. While he was in the Oasis, news spread of them being killed, even a video, and guess who did it?"

Yeosang gulps thickly, just as Yoongi nods over to Hwanwoong, "Your dad."

Taehyung.... Killed Jungkook's parents....

But... Why?

How did Jungkook ever forgave him for that?

What -

Yeosang and Hwanwoong now went into a deep mental loop, not believing the same people who they shared a laugh with last night or sing them to bed on a goodnight are the same people with blood on their hands.

Like this.

"Stop it, you're scarying them!" Jimin hisses to Yoongi, looking back to them, "Look, your dads did what they could to survive, okay? This would is just.... It's complicated for people like us. So, after the video, Jungkook ended up taking a mission to go into Orchids to eliminate the empire from the inside, entirely."

Hwanwoong glances between them, finding himself the voice to speak, "Then.... If he did, they wouldn't be here... So why didn't he complete his mission?"

"Because you two were more important," Yoongi waves to him with his glass, "Jungkook and Taehyung became the Bonnie and Clyde of the empire, even when Jungkook wanted to kill him, but obviously enemies to lovers concept always is so romantic -"

"What Yoongi means to say is, they had the same motive at the end of the day, and it's for a better life for you two," Jimin steps in, looking at them, "Sure, they did fall in love, but they couldn't bare bringing you two into that life, or for you to be threatened. So, they thought the best thing would be to run away, fake a death, and hide."

Now Yeosang is confused, "But Oasis? Isn't it a government facility either way? Why couldn't my dad just step in with them for help?"

Now this had Jimin a little nervous to speak, but Yoongi had no shame stepping into it, "Because if I remember correctly, you aren't the safest person on the planet," Subconsciously Yeosang flinches, making Hwanwoong notice and glare to them from behind his shoulder, "You probably don't remember this, but while Jungkook was out for revenge, you had to stay with Oasis, and they'd do tests on you consistently - without him knowing it. They were thinking of using you as a weapon kid. Not only because of that, but also because they wanted Jungkook to have Taehyung side with them, not for the greater good obviously, but to do the same thing since his abilities are unique."

Flashes and voices suddenly began to haze into Yeosang's head, blocked but passing like a fog, wincing even more as he sits back on the couch. Hwanwoong comes to his brother's defense as a shield, not at all amused by this, "So what? They ran away, get caught, now what do they want?"

Jimin seems conflicted by the question, shrugging his shoulders, "I don't know. Orchids and Oasis are at their prime right now, so I don't know what they could possibly want with you guys now unless it's for revenge."

"That's too petty," Yeosang mutters, blinking away the headache, "Look, if I'm being blunt, whatever their motive is I don't care. If my parents fought hard to help me and Hwannie escape whatever world this is, then it's our turn to help them escape."

Now this had Hwanwoong looking at him, frowning, "What.... But.... Jungkook said h-he'd be back - you heard him."

Yeosang now looks at him, a dejected cloud flowing through his eyes, up until Yoongi huffs, "Well, Jungkook is good at making false promises I'll tell you that," And he pours himself more whiskey, "He went to find Taehyung. If my memory is good, he was absolutely psychotically in love with him, the two with each other. It was insane, and clearly that hasn't changed."

Hwanwoong seemed to slowly allow that reality to sink in, taking a deep breath because he knows now that he has to be strong if they're going to go find them and be on their own so to say, now looking at the pair, "So how are you two in the picture? And why out of all people does our parents trust you guys?"

Jimin bought back a snort to Hwanwoong's question, seeing the kid building up his spine the longer they stay in this conversation, "Me and Jungkook were in the same squad in the Marines. We actually weren't that close, but I was the one who told him about Yeosang being tested," And then his gaze falls to Yoongi, "Yoongi was in Oasis, so he was more so the ins and outs. I'd get information through him, and then I'll tell Jungkook."

There's so much information being thrown right now that the two boys can barely keep up with them, but to some extent are grateful to the honesty. 

Their parents kept this secret well hidden from them to the point they can't even be mad or claim that they've lied - since they never said anything about the matter. Maybe if they were younger, they'd be upset, but having to go through what they did in this day, the two boys can understand what their parents have done and scarified just so they could live a safe life.

They did everything for them, especially running away from their dark past as hard as they could.

They've killed people today for the first time, so they get what it means to survive - it means blood has to be shed.

Now it's time for them to be saved.

"So, now what?" Yeosang suddenly asks, looking at them, "Let's go find them and bring them back!"

"Woah there kid, it's not that easy," Yoongi says, his voice now firmly while sitting up, "Me and Jimin will work on it. We have our insides in both Oasis and Orchids, so we'll handle it. The two idiots will want you two to be safe, so you're not leaving to do something risky."

Hwanwoong furrows his eyebrows, "But this is our parents -"

"And it involves Orchids, Oasis, and the military," Jimin says quietly to them, "If they find you guys, those people will use that against them, trust me we know the system."

"We can't just sit down and do nothing -"

"This is not up for debate -"

"But -"

"That is an order!" Jimin lost his patience, his voice deep and mellow now with a fierce glare, "I made a promise to Jungkook and Taehyung to be there for you two in case of an emergency, and you're not about to make me break that promise. You two are to stand down, understood?"

Yeosang scowls to the familiar authorative tone that Jungkook would often use on them, knowing now where he got it from - or at least the root of it.

So he has to respect it.

"Yes sir."

Jimin was genuinely surprised by both of their responses to his statement, but that must mean Jungkook engraved the 'sir' or 'ma'am' when addressing people in their heads. It's been a long time since Jimin recieved that respect, so he's quite shocked about it.

Yoongi looks between them, now softening his expression since he knows they had a long and shocking day, and they look like a mess too, "Try to get some rest, I'll be working on gaining information. We have a guest room and it's down the hall to your left, there's a bathroom inside. We'll bring you food and clothes in a moment."

The two brothers didn't say anything back immediately, but Hwanwoong then says back as they rise to their feet, "Thank you sir."

This also caught Yoongi a bit off guard as they leave to walk into the hall, now looking at Jimin.

"We're never having kids."

[Note]:

Wow, I did not expect for so many of you to actually like this story .... 

I kinda was just flowing into the zone, but I sincerely appreciate everyone loving the concept and plot of the story! I have so many ideas, and I can't wait for you all to read it!

Lots of love <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.5K 2.2K 12
Completed ๐Ÿ“˜ Jeongguk know that once he vow and drink the blood, he can not back out. However, it was the only thing that help him with his problem i...
2.5K 180 41
Boy: "But I will be alone." His shaking voice was heard, as the boy was more scared. Boy: "Again..." Woman: "No, we will always be there." She said...
14.9K 746 23
''๐‹๐ž๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐†๐จ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž. ๐ˆ ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ฒ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ฒ๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ž." Before they ran out from there, The main door of t...