Aptitude [Vkook]

By BambiLuna16

Jungkook and Taehyung are not your typical married couple that people would simply bump into at a convenient... More

One: Normality Is an Illusion
Two: City After HoursπŸ”ž
Three: Radioactive
Four: Shrike
Five: Backstory
Six: Don't Forget Us
Seven: Bolt Rings and Death
Eight: Message
Nine: Meeting Again
Ten: What is it?
Eleven: Play Your Words
Twelve: Simon
Thirteen: Who's Son?
Fourteen: Flashbacks

Song for this Story

94 9 3
By BambiLuna16

Hey guysssss!

So, I thought it was a good idea to share you guys a playlist of songs that I've been listening to while writing this story! In that way you guys could get a gist of how I came up with the idea, or if you wanna vibe into it while reading, it's entirely up to you!

I will also be writing small notes along with the song as a way to express from my perspective as to how the songs connects with the story, or why it was that song choice.

Once again, thank you for reading this story!

Playlist

Nothing is Lost- The Weeknd

"I thought I could protect you from paying for my sins. And I been walking this earth long enough that death's a gift."

(I listen to this song so much while writing this story. I just truly believe it helps me bring the essences of family love, strength and the bond with Taekook and their kids in the story come to life. If you read some deep family moments in the story, I was likely listening to that song while writing it.)

Rockabye - Clean Bandit ft Sean Paul and Anne- Marie

"She tells him, oh love, no one's ever gonna hurt you love, I'm gonna give you all of my love, nobody matters like you. She tell's him your live ain't gonna be nothing like my life, you're gonna grow up and have a good life. I'm gonna do what I've got to do."

(The way this song makes me tear up. It kinda reminds me of when Taekook both lost their wives and had to take care of their kids on their own. We don't really see single father songs out there these days, but this song did remind me of this story before taekook met.)

Brother - Kodaline

"Though we don't share the same blood, you're my brother, I love you that's the truth. We're living different lives, heaven only knows if we'll make it back with all our fingers and our toes. Five years, twenty years, come back. It will always be the same. If I was dying on my knees, you would be the one to rescue me, and if you were drowned at sea, I'd give you my lungs so you could breathe. I've got you brother."

(Do I really have to go into details with this one? Honestly, I was not thinking of this song while writing about Hwanwoong and Yeosang's relationship, but once I came upon it, it was just so perfect to them in the story. As we see from time to time again, they'd really do anything for each other and care so much. Right now they are living different lives and this song is so perfect for them now, especially these lyrics.)

Pompeii - Bastille

"But if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing changed at all? And if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like you've been here before?"

(This song honestly reminds me a bit of Taehyung while being in Orchids, then and now. It does bring me to that Karma scene while he was looking around the ballroom, being a bit nostalgic to the memories - even if they weren't good memories. Orchids at one point was their home, and they saw it crumbling before their eyes when they left, as in that connection. So this song did remind me of that.)

As Long As You Love Me - Justin Bieber ft Big Sean

"As long as you love, we could be starving, we could be homeless, we could be broke. As long as you love me, I'll be your platinum, I'll be your silver, I'll be your gold. As long as you love me."

(I think this song really juggles with a lot of pairs in this story, it really is flexible - Taekook, Yoonmin, Yeosang and Hwanwoong, etc. I think the main message it just able love, trust, and being with someone throughout all the things that could happen - which we see a lot in this story.)

Demons - Imagine Dragons

"Don't wanna let you down, but I am hell- bound. Though this is all for you, don't wanna hide the truth."

(This song really brings to me to Taehyung and Jungkook hiding their personal lives from their kids for the sake that they won't see them as monsters, or the demons of their past. They want to keep their relationship light, but now they can't hide it anymore since now they're involved.)

Titanium - David Guetta ft Sia

"I'm bulletproof, got nothing to lose, fire away, fire away. Ricochet, take your aim, fire away, fire away. You shot me down, but I'll get up, I'm titanium."

(Jungkook, my love, this reminds me heavily of his character - aside from being literally bulletproof. It brings me more about his character and his past, while being in the military and holding onto so much, this song really resonates to him.)

Fire On Fire - Sam Smith

"I don't say a word, but still, you take my breath and steal the things I know. There you go, saving me from out of the cold."

(In some way this song reminds me more from Taehyung's perspective on Jungkook, since Jungkook did ended up saving him the life he used to live in. Their love is what saved them, and Taehyung still took a big risk in abandoning everything, like Jungkook did too, for their own good.)

Ribs - Lorde

"You're the only friend I need. Sharing beds like little kids. We laugh until our ribs gives out, but that will never be enough."

(I've always had a soft spot for this song, and I believe it can reflect to anyone in the story. I did think of Yeosang and Hwanwoong, but I can see also everyone having their moments reflecting about life, thinking of a time where they had a friend to laugh like that but now that not being enough.)

Drop Dead - Holly Humberstone

"One time just ain't enough. I take you back, I call your bluff. Why don't you put a bullet to my head. My ride or die, I'll take your love and tell myself it's good enough. But you know, and I know, one look and I drop dead."

(So random, but it reminds me of Boss (Namjoon) and Eden, mainly from Namjoon's perspective. Yes, we know, 'villian' of the story, but his connection with Eden will be revealed so much more and it's literally kinda like this song - a push and pull kind of thing, very toxic but very real.)

We Go Down Together - Khalid and Dove Cameron

"If you go down, then we go down together. If you hold on, I might just stay forever. If you get hurt, I'll try to make it better. If you go down, then we go down together."

(With this song, I kinda wanted to show a deeper and more raw side of Taekook's relationship. They have their ups and downs and it's not always perfect, considering they're all they have besides their kids, but they went through a lot - trust issues, childhood trauma, relationship trauma, society discrimination - and that can affect their behavior with each other, but through that they still will be there for each other.)

Acróstico - Shakira with her sons

"The only thing I want is your happiness and to be with you. Your smile is my weakest. To love you works to numb the pain, it makes me feel better. For what you need, I'm here. You came to complete what I am."

(I did translate this version, since I am multilingual, and honestly the spanish lyrics to this hits so hard, but I tried my hardest. This song really is deep and touching on a parental love for their kids, and it's simply endearing. The song has its own personal story to itself, but the genuine love is what transmits to me.)

Eminem - Mockingbird

"I know sometimes things may not always make sense to you right now, but hey, what daddy always tell you? Straighten up, little soldier. Stiffen up that upper lip. What you crying about? You got me."

(This song, along with Arcostico, is just so deep. The essence of this song really transmits a father's love to their kids, despite the negativity that happens in the family, and it's just really deep. In relations to the story, I just feel like this is something both Taehyung and Jungkook would resonate a tiny but considering the mother of their kids isn't around, so they had to take care of them on their own before finding each other, but even then they were still away from them because of their jobs.)

Runaway - Aurora

"And I was runnin' far away, would I run off the world someday? Nobody knows, nobody knows. And I was dancing in the rain, I felt alive and I can't complain but no, take me home. Take me home where I belond. I can't take it anymore."

(This song really makes me feel nostalgic, but I'm assuming that what the kids are probably going to be feeling sometime in the story about missing home. They wanted to experience life outside, or feel alive away from the woods, but now that they had, they want to go back home and I believe this song really brings that feeling out.)

My You - Jungkook

"All these lights are colored in by you. All these times are precious due to you. Four seasons passed with you. Four scents were left 'cause of you. All the reasons why I can laugh out. All the reasons why I sing this song. Thankful to be by your side now. I'll try to shine brighter than now."

(This song really reminds me a lot of what Jungkook and Taehyung feels for their kids, kinda like a bedtime song. It's so tender and soft, it's simply perfect."

Let It Go - The Neighbourhood

"If what they said was all pretend, then it'd be different. If it depended on if anyone was listening, and I was listening. And when they said that what I wanted was a figment, I had to turn the other cheek but I was listening, yeah I was listening. Listening to all."

(Now this song I really brings the first chapter to life, while the talk of the past. This section of the lyrics really connected me a lot to the topic of normality that was introduced in that first chapter, and it just really speaks out to both Taehyung and Jungkook's character.)

Rescue - Lauren Daigle

"I will send out an army to find you, In the middle of the darkest night, it's true. I will rescue you. I will never stop marching to reach you, in the middle of the hardest fight, it's true, I will rescue you."

(Either Yeosang and Hwanwoong to Taekook or Taekook to them, this really just brings me to feel like they'd do anything to make sure they don't feel alone, or know that no matter what, they're going to be there - no matter what could possibly happen.)

Lost Boy - Ruth B.

"I am a lost boy from Neverland, usually hanging out with Peter Pan. And when we're bored we play in the woods, always on the run from Captain Hook. "Run, run, lost boy", they say to me. "Away from all of reality." Neverland is home to lost boys like me, and lost boys like me are free."

(This song in some way reminds me of the kids perspective to them living in the woods with their dads. Where they were free like lost boys, Captain Hook being the dangers that lies outside of it. Just something innocently they'd think about."

Stay Alive - Jungkook

"Just smile like you always do. You resemble me so much, I resemble you so much. At times, I get scared for no reason, why am I feeling like this? At the end of this endless nightmare, that I don't know if it'll ever end, you raise me up everyday. Came like a miracle, look like a miracle."

(This really speaks to me as to how Taekook see their family, or their kids, and even each other. This song really speaks out a lot of this story, how they saved each other and would do anything to keep it. Kinda like a plead to stay alive, which works well with how things are in the story right now.)

Anyone - Camila Cabello

"That you are the only one I'll ever love. Yeah, you, if it's not you it's not anyone. Looking back on my life, you're the only good I've ever done. Yeah, you, if it's not you it's not anyone."

(Another Taekook envisioned song. They could get mad at each other, has fights, or be disappointed, but no matter what, they'd prefer it to be just them than it being anyone else.)

I hope you all enjoy the playlist and the little notes to the side! If you'd like to add some more songs, go right ahead!

Lots of love <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 6.6K 20
Jungkook a boy who is going through a lot, hides away from everything not wanting anyone to know anything and it stayed like that until Kim Taehyung...
46.3K 2.2K 12
Completed πŸ“˜ Jeongguk know that once he vow and drink the blood, he can not back out. However, it was the only thing that help him with his problem i...
279K 13.7K 52
Taehyung and Jungkook the most beautiful and lovely couple went back to their home with their children And we are gonna see in this book that how the...
18.6K 924 23
''π‹πžπ­'𝐬 𝐆𝐨 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐑𝐞𝐫𝐞. 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞." Before they ran out from there, The main door of t...