The Mysterious Mr. Miller

بواسطة mahumwrites

"Why can't you let me go?" I asked, my voice dripping with frustration. He had cornered me against the wall... المزيد

PROLOGUE
1. MEETING MR. MILLER
2. LOOSE SCREWS
3. KINKY
4. THE INTROVERT'S PARADISE
5. BRIEF FREEDOM
6. OLD TRUTHS
7. UNINVITED
8. THE SOFT CORNER
9. SHOPPING WITH MR. MILLER
10. THE OTHER WOMAN
11. SPITFIRE IN MY HOUSE
12. A BUNCH OF RASCALS
13. NIGHTMARE
14. CONTROLLING AND ABUSIVE
15. SHARING IS CARING
CHARACTERS
16. ROADTRIP
17. HATE ME LIKE YOU DO
18. HURDLE IN THE WAY
19. THE KIDNAPPERS
20. SECURE
21. SEARCHING THROUGH THE PAST
22. A NIGHT AWAY
23. WALK OF SHAME
24. A PIECE OF TRUTH
25. ENCOUNTER
27. SKIN TO SKIN
28. GOODBYE?
29. SWEET BETRAYAL
30. FORCEFULLY YOURS
31. LOCKED
32. JEALOUSY
33. IN THE HAZE
34. INSIDE THE HEART
35. SNIPPETS OF THE PAST
36. CRIMES AND TERRORS
37. CAPTURED
38. FINDING HER
39. DAMSEL IN DISTRESS
40. ESCAPE
41. KEEP ME CLOSE
42. INNER TURMOIL
EPILOGUE

26. BEDMATES

12K 481 20
بواسطة mahumwrites

Thomas drove me back to my apartment while my mind kept stuck at Sean. I wanted to wait for him but who was I to say anything when Sean had ordered Thomas to take me home? There was no way in hell he would go against his boss' order for me.

Once inside my apartment, I sat down on the couch in the lounge with my eyes glued to the door. There was a turmoil in my belly. I felt guilty for leaving Sean there alone but then again, I don't think I was going to be any helpful.

At last, after a long torturous hour of waiting, there was a knock on the door. I jumped towards the door and opened it, revealing Sean standing on the other side. He had his signature standoffish expression on his face but this time, they were masking something deeper. Pain.

"Oh my God," I gasped as Sean walked inside, leaving a trail of blood behind him. There was an injury on his leg from which blood was leaking. It looked like a gunshot. "Call a doctor." I shouted.

"Don't." He said and sat down on the couch. "Thomas knows how to deal with this. It barely touched my leg." He said.

"But---"

"Doctors will involve police. Trust me, you don't want that." He said and I had to listen unwillingly.

I sat by him as Thomas debrided the wound and covered it with gauze piece. It looked so painful that I had to bit my lips to stop myself from gasping. Sean looked amused at my expression as if he wasn't the one being shot.

"Why did they do it?" I said, helping Thomas in cleaning him up.

"I initiated it. You should see what I did to him." He admitted proudly.

"Why would you do that? Are you stupid?" I glared at him, wanting to wipe that stupid smirk off his face.

"He said something to tick me off." Sean said and tried to straighten his leg when a painful groan escaped his mouth.

"Men and their stupid masculinity." I rolled my eyes and searched around for some painkillers in Thomas's emergency kit.

"The laptop they stole from your Dad crashed when they tried to hack into it. Paolo thinks Elijah must have given you a copy of information as a backup." He said as he gulped the painkillers with water.

"But he didn't give me anything." I said.

"He might have camouflaged it. They have already searched Ivana's house along with your Dad's. The only suspect is you." He said.

"I would have recognised if he gave me a USB, flash drive or something like that." I said.

"I know." He said. "But the Machiavelli's aren't going to give up until they have found it." He said and I nodded nervously, knowing very well he was right.

"Our only solution is to find whatever they are looking for first. It will help us strike a deal with them." He proposed. "Or the FBI."

"Hmm." I nodded absentmindedly. My thoughts were more focused on the huge injury on Sean's leg. I was the one who had caused it and he hasn't complained even once. He must be in so much pain and here he was, trying to find a way to protect me from all this.

What kind of man are you, Sean Miller?

•••••

I have read somewhere that turmeric helps in reducing pain. That's the reason why I was in the kitchen at 1 o' clock in the night, boiling milk with turmeric. After pouring it in a mug, I went to my bedroom where Sean was sitting on the bed, resting his head against the headboard. His eyes were set on the ground as he was lost in some deep thoughts. I don't know why it felt like he was hiding something from me. Then again, when didn't he?

Acknowledging my presence, he sat up straight. I walked over to him and took the space on the bed in front of him.

"Does it hurt?" I placed my free hand on his leg.

"I have had worse." He muttered, taking the mug from my hand.

"Have you ever been shot before?" I asked inquisitively.

"I've lost the count. The first one was when I was 14." He said and my mouth dropped.

"Why would you choose a life like that? Where you can die any moment?" I said.

"Anybody can die any moment." He said, taking a sip of the warm milk and then making a nauseous face.

"You know what I mean. Don't act innocent." I said angrily.

"What do you want me to do, Penelope?" My name rolled off his tongue. "Leave this life and start a cafe?" He asked softly.

"Is it as bad as you make it sound?" I raised my eyebrows. "You can do a decent job, maybe..."

"Maybe...?" He asked.

"Maybe you can get a nice girl, get married." I said. Someone that's not a stuck up bitch like his girlfriend, I thought to myself.

An unfathomable expression covered his face and he took a long, exhausted sigh.

"I can't live a normal life. I've made so many enemies." He whispered. "No girl could put up with this."

"Try me." The words left my mouth before I could realize. "I... I mean, you should at least try to find an alternative to this life."

Putting the cup on the nightstand, he held my small hand in between his large ones. My heart fluttered inside my chest and I sucked a sharp breath.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"The painkillers. They are making me dizzy." He said, struggling to contain a yawn.

"You should sleep now." I said but all my thoughts were converged on his hand holding mine. His hand was warm, unlike his cold exterior. I began to stand up but he stopped me.

"Stay with me." He said, bringing his hand to my face and tucking a dangling lock of my hair behind my ear. "Please."

Hearing please from Sean Miller's mouth was just as rare as finding a curly fry in your fries.

I nodded and stood up to turn off the lamp. The only light coming in the room was coming from the window. I lay down on the bed and felt the bed dip beside me. He scooted closer to me and then rested his hand on my belly. My knees started to feel weak and I felt a twitch in my stomach.

I slid closer to him, turning to my right to face him. We lay side by side, our faces inches away from each other. My eyes went to his lips and I licked mine, suppressing the urge to close the distance between us.

I might have, if Sean's eyes weren't starting to close. The painkillers must be messing with his head, that explains why he wanted me to sleep with him. Yes, there was no other reasonable explanation that would explain his overwhelming need to cuddle. But what about my overwhelming need to reciprocate? How do I explain that?

•••••

When I woke up next morning, I expected Sean's arms around me but the empty bed left me disappointed. I grunted before leaving the bed and going straight to the bathroom.

After changing into fresh pair of jeans and a top, I walked into the lounge where I found Sean engaged in a conversation with someone whose back was towards me.

"Look who is here." The man angled his neck to face me and then said, "You got my brother shot, Miss. Woods."

"Lucas?" I said in surprise. "How did you---"

"Thomas told him." Sean said. "My fault. I've made him my emergency contact."

"I told you this girl was trouble the moment I saw her. But you had to follow her halfway across the country." Lucas said and I rolled my eyes.

"Always full of praises for me, Mr. Miller, the Junior." I said sarcastically and took the seat on the empty couch. "How come it took you less than half a day to get here?"

"We have a private jet." He said.

"And yet, you made me ride for three days in your car?" I asked Sean, who shrugged in return.

"It was safer that way." He replied.

"Safer my ass. I got kidnapped." I mumbled.

"Whose idea was it to save the princess from kidnappers?" Lucas taunted.

"Mine." Sean said stiffly. "And I'd do it again if I have to. She is my responsibility."

Again with the word responsibility. I hated it and I wished for once, Sean admits he was with me for the sake of me and not my father.

"Fine. Have it your way. But I'm staying here with you from now onwards. Florida is Machiavellis den and you need all the backup you can get." Lucas announced.

"Sure." Sean caved in.

"Don't worry. I won't stay in this hellhole. I've booked a hotel nearby." He said to me and I rolled my eyes.

I have forgotten how much I hated Sean's brother. He had all the worse qualities of his brother and none of the redeeming ones. Or maybe Sean was like that too and his behaviour with me was just an exception he made. After all, I have watched him kill other people without breaking a sweat.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

164K 3.4K 25
check out the story trailer on Youtube "Black sugar wattpad trailer". ••• "Let go of me" I coldly said. "I'm gonna make you scream my name" he whisp...
394K 16.5K 41
"I don't fear darkness. I am the darkness." Being the leader of the largest Mafia group in USA, Ruslan Searlus is a man to be petrified of. Everyone...
756K 25.9K 58
"Stop fighting it so much Ari, I know you want me just as much as I want you." His lustful voice was like a whisper, his hot breath caressing my face...
287K 7.2K 63
This is book two in the Lost&Found Series but can be read as a stand alone. *** I heard the bag drop on the table before he grabbed my elbow and spu...