The Fears Of Albus Dumbledore

By hinnyforever6833

Minerva Mcgonagall transfiguration Professor of Hogwarts has had enough. Since first year Harry has had to fa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 3

1.1K 50 1
By hinnyforever6833

Compared to Harry Sirius Black was having one of his best if not the strangest week of his life.  Thinking back to five days ago one moment he was sleeping in a forest somewhere near France on his way to see Harry when all of a sudden his old house elf Kreacher immobilised him and drops him in a conference room in gringotts. Before he could move he was filled with veritaserum and questioned by Madam Bones and the Minister of Magic. They then transported him  to the ministry and he was tried in front of the full wizengamot minus Dumbledore. Sirius was then released and given his freedom. He gave a short statement and was transported not to St mungos as he thought he would but back in the same conference room he was in before. The goblins then took him for healing and a purge. He was enraged to discover his  memory had been altered to such an extent that he didn't know he was married and had forgotten much of his life. As he sat there in a rage at his actions and planning his revenge his wife appeared.
"I hope you are recovering well dear husband." Iris said sweeping gracefully to his side.
"Iris." He whispered reverently. They stared at each other for the longest time just drinking in the sight.
"You look a little better than a mange ridden dog right now." She said eventually. "But Andi will be here soon we will be taking you too Black Manor to heal."
"What about Harry he needs my help?" Sirius countered. "This tournament sounds far too dangerous. We need to-"
"Peace husband I have things well in hand." She said taking his hand. "For the fee I am giving the goblins the are examining the goblet to try and prove tampering. I myself will be going to Hogwarts to see Harry and I have taken the guardianship that should have been ours all along. Once you take the Lordship we will have more than enough power to protect Harry. If we can't remove him from the tournament I have made plans to have us tutor him at school this year along with Remus. Minnie already gave her approval. And she has approved for him to spend every other weekend with us as long as it doesn't effect hid school work. Provided he is removed from the tournament if not we will move into accommodation on Hogwarts grounds for the school year."
"We have him? He will be safe?" Sirius asked softly.
"He is and we will keep him safe." Iris said reassuring you. "You just rest Andi will be here soon to take care of you while I deal with the little details."
"Rearanging the world to suit you is little details?" He asked chuckling sleepily.
"Rest now my darling dogstar and get strong." She said as he settled back to doze. Smiling she left him sleeping. When he woke the next morning in his own bed wrapped around his scantily clad wife he felt a peace he had not had since hos friends death. Sirius was still grinning at the thought as his wife entered the room.
"Andi wants you to rest until Monday but today I will go and get Harry and bring him here."
Iris said smiling at the pout on Sirius's face and the corresponding smile at the news he would see Harry soon. "Now as Andi has to work today and I don't trust you to follow healers orders Remus will be here shortly."
"Remus? Really." He replied brightly at the mention of his old friend. "Good I have missed Moony."
"Hopefully he will keep you in line until Harry is brought here." Iris added. "Now do you think I look intimidating enough."
Sirius took in her regal looking dress and grinned wolfishly.
"Oh no Sirius no." She said firmly taking in his look. "I have to meet the minister and the goblins in five minutes. So wipe that look off your face."
She chuckled at the pout forming on his face.
"All you need is a cattle prod and whip." He said snarkily.
"Now, now husband you know I don't take out this things in public." She delighted over the incredulous look on his face. "Although we can revisit that later."
She learned over to kiss him goodbye and winked at him as she left the room.
On her way to the floo she crossed paths with Remus who smirked knowingly at her as they passed. Standing at the floo she straighten her robes and tightened her occlumency barriers. Giving herself a mental nod, it was time to go to war.

    -----------------------------------------

Harry sat sullenly ignoring all those around him. He was still angry why did he have to sit with these bunch of idiots. Ron was glaring at him and he had hatefilled looks from most of the room. He only looked up when the post began to arrive but as he didn't expect to get anything he was about to get to his seat when hedwig came gliding down to him. Grabbing  the letter he absentmindedly feed hedwig some bacon as he recognised Remus's handwriting. He opened the letter and read.

Dear cub,
          I know this week hasn't been the best for you but I advise you to read the prophet this morning.
                 See you soon
                     Moony

As Harry finished reading Hermione had unrolled her copy of the prophet and let out a mouse like squeak that had those around her staring.
"Harry, Harry you have to see this!" She exclaimed excitedly.
Shoving the paper his way he saw Sirius's picture smiling as he shook hands with the Minister. Harry looked over towards the headmaster's who had his own copy infront of him. The old man looked like someone had stolen all his lemon drops.
Albus was confused how could they have freed Sirius without him. As chief warlock they should have notified him of the trial. Realising he had a spoon of porridge halfway to his mouth he returned to eating with great effort to be seen as unaffected.
Minerva smirked in a way more reminiscent of the potions master than herself as she knew this was just the beginning.
Harry was throughly reading through the article as Hermione read it out loud to her friends.
          LORD SIRIUS BLACK            ☆            INNOCENT                 ☆
Exclusive by Rita Skeeter .
In a emergency session of the wizengamot yesterday morning fugitive Sirius Black was proved innocent in the trial he was denied of 12 years ago. Now Lord Black was detained for the death of Peter Petigrew and twelve muggles. This reporter heard in an legendary hearing that not only was the head of a noble and ancient house incarcerated without trial he was sent there because and this is a direct quote from Ministry official Bartimus Crouch 'everyone knew he did it why did we need a trial?'. Why indeed? Lord Greengrass of the neutral party was sworn in as temporary Chief Warlock as Supreme Mugwump and Headmaster of Hogwarts Albus  Dumbledore was unable to attend. We saw first hand the heartbreaking conversation between the Potters and Lord Black. The terrible news that they feared for their lives and the life of their child. It was proven that Petigrew was the secret keeper and Lord Black was free of any wrong doing. The news that Lord Black was a animagus and he used that to escape had many asking the question how secure is Azkaban really?
Lord Black was asked where he went from here? And he gave me the following statement.
'From here I will be going to St Mungos to get treatment for the longterm affects of dementor exposure. Once I have fully healed I will be spending time with my wife and nephew and my remaining family. The Minister has seen fit to grant my wife and I the magical guardianship of my nephew Harry Potter as we were named in the Potter wills as the preferred guardians. We will be getting in touch with Harry as soon as possible to tell him the news.' When asked Lord Black said that Harry has known of his innocence and was an instrumental in the Minister's looking deeper into his incarnation. Lord Black has asked that they be left in peace to get to know each other again. Many of you will remember the much lauded and controversial Lady Iris Black sister to Lady Lily Potter. Her return to Britain has spark many questions. Where has she been? What has she been doing with herself ? And probably the most important why did she leave in the first place? Lady Black had this short statement. 'After the deaths of my sister and brother in law I was quite upset and vulnerable. I believe those of the dark still loose hexed me and made me believe that my nephew was dead and that my husband was truly guilty. As you know neither of these things is the case. Unfortunately it had been too long for the DMLE to trace who placed this curse on me. We will be contacting my nephew and trying to make up for lost time.' This reporter is glad to see things are looking up for the young orphan to have family again and such an illustrious family at that. I of course will update my readers once I know more. For more information on the emergency session please turn to page 4 for a full transcript.

Hermione finished and was going to ask what Harry thought about it when the Minister with a contingent of Auror's, Madam Amelia Bones and a few goblins marched into the room. At the head Lady Iris Black strode confidently.

Albus was in shock and it was almost as if he could feel all his plans come crashing down in that moment. There was a reason he kept that blasted woman away. She had a habit of always questioning him. She never followed orders and she got others to follow her.

Draco sat at his table in shock. First a letter from his father telling him to stay far far away from Harry Potter. Then the one person that both his parents told him never to get on the wrong side of came walking in to the great hall. There could be no mistaking who she was his mother showed him pictures of her. Sinking in his seat Draco only hoped that she wouldn't notice him.

Harry was confused he had seen this woman before but who was she? Dumbledore helped him out at that point.

"Ah Lady Black and guests." Ablus's twinkly eyes dimmed as they glanced over the collection of people invading the great hall. "How may I help you today?"

"Well for starters you can explain to me why you have allowed a 14 year old to be entered into a contest for of age wizards." She countered.

"It was not my fault the goblet was tampered with." Albus defended. "Perhaps we should talk in my office."

"No this will be done out in the open." Iris replied. "So there can be no doubt. My nephew Harry Potter was put into this tournament against his will and knowledge. The goblins with me have inspected the goblet of fire and found clear evidence of tampering. Madam Bones and the Minister are here to launch a full formal investigation as to how that happened."

"Yes Albus Lady Black is correct." Fudge said with a lot more conviction than he had ever heard before. "The fact of the matter is you could have had the names redrawn within the first four hours as you suspected tampering but you did nothing and now an underage boy is forced into a dangerous tournament. Do you realise that Lady Black could have you tried for negligence and line theft."

"Now Cornelius-" Dumbledore began.

"Minister Fudge to you Headmaster." Cornelius snapped. "Your actions could lead to the death of an ancient and nobel house. Amelia will be investigating that is not an option."

Cornelius finally noticed the crowd and turned to them
"Good morning everyone. It has been proven that Harry Potter was entered into this tournament against his will and knowledge. The goblins carefully examined the goblet and there is clear evidence of tampering. Unfortunately Mr Potter is now bound by the magic of the goblet. As of this moment he is a champion under threat of losing his magic if he doesn't compete. The Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory, Mr Potter will not be referred to as a Hogwarts champion in any way shape or form. He will compete as the champions of Houses Black and Potter. For your safety auror's will be patrolling the grounds. The British Ministry apologises for the confusion and upset this has caused you all."
As Fudge finished his speech he went closer to Dumbledore who looked furious that he was  ignored and refused any control over things.
Harry could see the difference in the looks he was receiving from the others in the hall. He could only hope things would be better from here on out.

         ----------------------------------

Albus Dumbledore stood in utter shock all his plans had been suddenly derailed he knew that Lady Iris Black would not follow his advice or be convinced to follow him in any way. If he tried she would only fight back in more of a vicious and public manner. His shock was so bad he almost missed the words coming from Cornelius's mouth.

"- of course. As she is Harry's legal and magical guardian I am sure you agree that they must have time to get to know each other." He said missing the vacant look of disbelief in Albus's gaze. "As Harry is not a champion of hogwarts Lady Black has arranged for privet tutor's for Harry as well as an accommodation that will be arriving at the grounds on Monday."

Dumbfounded Albus could only nod he knew it would do no good to argue. He had to put up with Lady Black's inference for now.

"I have cleared things with Minerva Harry will be coming home with me for the weekend." Lady Black said smiling lightly.

"Impos-" Albus began but was soon cut off by Lady Black.

"Come now Albus thanks to the nasty spell that kept me away from my nephew all these years you will surely not deny me the chance to know him now." Iris's eyes glittered the challenge evident in the air  "Lily would be most disappointed in the distance that stands between Harry and I. As per the will Harry was supposed to come to Sirius and I first. Do you know who sealed it by the way? It held the proof of Sirius's innocence I would much like to get my hands on the person who caused my husband to rot in Azkaban for 12 years."

Iris to great pleasure at the pale faced old goat. As she had predicted he changed the subject.

"I am as shock as anyone at this news. I hope that you can give Sirius my wishes for a speedy recovery?" He thought he had played the perfect blend of innocence and grandfatherly concern. Little did he know he didn't fool anyone but the Minister. "I am sure whatever  arrangements you have discussed with Minerva will be fine. I must go and make sure all the preparations for the first task have been finalised. Please excuse me."

As Albus turned away he missed the glares he recived from most of the staff and Lady Black. Thanking the Minister and the goblins for all their help Lady Black bade them goodbye and headed towards her nephew as the minister engaged in small talk with the other headmaster's and the goblins were led from the hall by an enthusiastic Filius who was chatting to them quietly in gobblediegook.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.7K 5.1K 70
Remus didn't want friends. Could not have them. Was forbidden from having them. Was convinced he'd never have friends. He simply wasn't capable of su...
311K 14.8K 78
She was thought to be dead by her father and the whole world. They were all wrong. She wakes up from her slumber of fifty years and finds that everyt...
25.2K 1.1K 65
BOOK: 2 Harry Potter is starting his third year at Hogwarts. Sirius Black has escaped Azkaban. Remus Lupin is teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts...
120K 3.5K 52
A young, mischievous and curious smart girl is send back in time to change the heart of the heartless, soon to be, dark lord. What will happen if the...