Aptitude [Vkook]

BambiLuna16 द्वारा

Jungkook and Taehyung are not your typical married couple that people would simply bump into at a convenient... अधिक

One: Normality Is an Illusion
Two: City After Hours🔞
Three: Radioactive
Five: Backstory
Song for this Story
Six: Don't Forget Us
Seven: Bolt Rings and Death
Eight: Message
Nine: Meeting Again
Ten: What is it?
Eleven: Play Your Words
Twelve: Simon
Thirteen: Who's Son?
Fourteen: Flashbacks

Four: Shrike

146 13 41
BambiLuna16 द्वारा

Valencia have never deceived Jungkook before.

Since the second she met him, it was because of her that the other alters took notice in him. She was intrigued by him, and something about him made her want to grow closer - A divine connection, or perhaps fate wanting them to meet, but when she looked at him, she just knew she'd do anything for him.

Whether it was by watching his back from jealous fuckers in Orchids.

Putting in a good word for him to Boss.

Or the minimalist thing with just having him feel comfortable, she tried hard to make him feel noticed and not as the newbie in the empire.

Yet when Jungkook arrived, he was obviously there with a mission in mind, and those glaring eyes to Valencia - well Taehyung - would definitely not go unnoticed. Yet she still tried to help him, in whatever way he needed, even when he didn't want it.

It was like a distant attraction, perhaps one sided.

The others upon seeing this connection were intrigued. So digging deeper, trying to understand what it is that made her attached, they didn't expect for all to fall for him within the process. Eden was the toughest to crack, since that's just how he is. He's the last line of defense, so he has to keep his guard up.

It was after they ran away, spent a whole year together, where Eden finally admitted he was in love with him.

But it all started with Valencia, and since that day she vowed to be whatever Jungkook needed her to be - a friend, trainer, enemy, wife, anything.

She'd do anything for him, even if he hated her.

So, to have the same women who was once so in love now being the same one to deceive the man she loves is out of character. But that's just the thing, this isn't about him.

It's about their son.

A mother would do anything for her kids, and she's doing just that for the sake of this family.

For Yeosang's happiness.

That's why after five days, just as Seokjin instructed, she returned to the same spot where they have been meeting - waiting for him. Throughout these five days, Taehyung has been on timeout. Karma or Tigresa would be front, sometimes acting like Taehyung - like they've done many times before - and keeping Jungkook in the loop of his false promise.

Taehyung can keep that promise, that's why he won't be involved with what's happening now.

To escape the forest, Tigresa told Jungkook that they would be off meditating, so to not disturb them in the process. Jungkook didn't find that strange, since Taehyung would often times go meditating at random places in the woods to center himself.

Throughout these four days that passed, Jungkook would have birds or other animals spy on Taehyung's doings - since obviously he doesn't have that much trust in him into keeping his word. Taehyung never mentioned when he'd see Seokjin again, so perhaps Jungkook expected it to be sooner than later because yesterday no animals followed Taehyung around - so perhaps he expected Taehyung to actually listen to him.

Even today Valencia made sure to keep an eye peered on her surroundings, and so far, nothing suspicious on her beloved husband.

While leaning against the railing to gaze at the water, Valencia kept a headstrong mindset that what she is doing is for the best of their family. Yeosang will be happier. They can all leave together and start over again.

They can give the kids a chance.

That was all that would motivate her to stand here, just as a familiar presence made its way beside her.

"You sure don't slack off on attendance."

Here goes nothing.

"I'm in a really rocky page with Jungkook right now," Valencia says, tearing her eyes away from the river to face the side of Seokjin's face, "So please, let's get this over with."

Seokjin twitches the corner of his lips up, looking from the side of his eyes to Valencia, "I assumed that after having a great exchange with Eden the other day, surprised you're still here."

"It involves my son," Seokjin's smile drops, just as Valencia tone when she continues with her pointed stare to him, "Please, where's the vitals?"

There's a long pause in the air as Seokjin stares at her, now fully turning to Valencia, now his gaze is tight, "Do you remember mouse that was in my room?"

Valencia's remains still, looking between Seokjin's stiff expression, letting the memory of their hidden messages sprinkle over her memory.

"Did you finally catch it?"

"No, sneaky thing is fast," Seokjin laughs drily, pulling out a familiar vacutainer from his pocket, the liquid inside being clear blue, "But guess what? When I looked in my dresser, I saw it catching a cockroach with its bare hand."

Valencia lips pursed, "Did it kill it?"

"No," Seokjin extends the vacutainer to Valencia, "But it wanted to know where its nest was."

Nest....

No..

Every bone in Valencia body numbs, just like her blood cells and organs that felt as though the stopped working. Completely stopped. The voices of the other alters began to scream over each other, until one of them because too powerful to bear behind the gates of inner world, leeching forward and onto Seokjin - Karma shackling him close to his face.

"What did you do Seokjin!"

Seokjin looks at his face, a slow smirk twinkling his smile, "It actually worked, who would've known."

Suddenly right before Karma's eyes, the person who was once Seokjn disappeared like dust in the window.

A double..

That.... Wasn't him...

That wasn't-

"Karma, my precious Karma."

That voice.

That familiar, dark and deep voice.

Tense, rigid and still, Karma suddenly forgot how to breath - having it choke on his throat. His eyes slowly gazed to the side to follow the voice like a siren song, seeing a silhouette hiding in the shadows beside a tree.

Who was there the whole time.

Boss... He's here...

Once catching Karma's gaze, the silhouette giggles and steps out of the shadows - revealing himself in that familiar beige trench coat and smooth gelled brown hair back and away from his face. His steps are as slow and menacing as Karma remembered, standing right in front of him with that condescending dimpled smile.

He's here....

After sixteen years....

Here's right here.

"You know, I never doubted once that you were dead, you're just too special," The man purrs, leaning against the railing, "Wow, sixteen years, was it?"

Karma couldn't find himself gathering the words to speak, but he didn't have to because abruptly Eden laughs to himself, unable to believe what is happening right now.

This gets good by the second.

He can never resist his presence after all.

"Alright, will admit, you got me," Eden snickers, leaning back to the rail, "You got them all terrified there, must say, what a surprise."

Boss snaps his eyes to Eden, something in his smile stretching to his eyes as though it bloomed from the deepest parts of his soul, "Eden, my favorite boy," He purrs, caressing the side of his face, "What a shame you were the same face to betray me."

"Aw you know me, a family type of guy," Eden ventures sarcastically, "Now, you made a double of Seokjin, must say that was impressive how you mastered for him to behave exactly like him. Do you have him locked up in the shadows for being a traitor?"

"Oh, you know me so well," Boss chuckles, standing upright with the real antidote in his hand, stiffening Eden's expression, "Walked in on him prepping this up for the kid, didn't take long for Wonwoo to dig into his head to find out the juicy details of this meeting. What a surprise it was to know you were in the equation."

Eden smile strains, nodding slowly, "Kid a little dangerous, had to go to certain measures for his safety, you'd understand."

"I do, we've all been there," Now Boss stands closely to Eden, looking at him directly in the eye, shaking his head to himself, "I really do hate thinking you were part of this, I did really like you."

There's something about those words that perhaps somewhere deep down inside Boss's cold soul were true. The two got along well when they were on the same side, which could be added more to Eden's depth why he was so difficult to side with Jungkook - since he really didn't have a negative thought about Orchids or Boss, since they were each other's backbone.

Seeing him now face to face, maybe somewhere deep in Eden's consciousness he did feel bad for betraying the closest thing he had to a family back then.

But that doesn't change how he wouldn't go back and make things any different than how they are now.

He found a better way outside of Orchids, a better side of himself.

A true significance of family, who truly do love him.

And he loves this new side of himself too, even if sometimes he did miss the darker side.

Nothing is strong enough to replace the ties with his family.

Eden draws his eyes away from him and to the sky, "Yeah well.... I'm known to be quite disappointing."

Now Boss's head tilts to the other side, staring at him heavily, "I'm going to give you another chance Eden," This perked Eden's ear, "Come back to Orchids with me, and I'll make sure no harm will come to you and your family."

He could've said anything, literally anything.

But that threat? That wasn't working for Tigresa.

A flicker of blue purged Eden's eyes, for a moment Tigresa snapping out, "Hurt my family and that'll be the last thing you think about before I make you stop breathing!"

Boss recognized those threats so easily, unable to help the amusement, "Tigresa, charmer aren't we. It's a good deal, guarantees life for everyone."

Tigresa is boldly to his face now, disgustingly eyeing his entire being, "Maybe those blackmails work for other people, but not for me. I'll never work for you again."

"Oh sweetie, but it seems as though you're underestimating the power I have now."

Confused by the sudden words, from the trees another person appears and walks towards them.

Someone.... Extremely familiar.

Sickeningly familiar.

"Shadow, we have a location," The once Lieutenant of the Marines, who was also the head director of the agency Jungkook was part of, stands there with a tablet in hand, "Our units are closing in."

Orchids.... And the agency, along with the military joined together....

To capture them...

The power joined together-

No...

Oh no -

"Thank you Srgt. Jung Hoseok," Boss beams, eyes still focused on Tigresa, "We had eyes on you the second you stepped into the city Tigresa. Your face is all over these street cameras. Didn't take long to figure out where you're nested. Exciting right? How glad we are that you guys are alive!"

Tigresa is breathing shakily now, "You said... You'd never dare work with the rats."

"If it's for the same cause, you'd be surprise what I'd do, and well, what they'd do to," He chuckles back, "Now let's see how well your sons would be as a soldier of my empire."

Yeosang..... Hwanwoong...

The thought of their faces under Boss's control fired a raging anger in Tigresa's body, screeching before yanking a body of water from the river and forcing it to crash over them. Yet before the water caused impact, a force field shield them from the attack by Hoseok's hand and electric eyes.

Valencia abruptly shoots out and elevated the Earth beneath his feet, but Hoseok easily sliced against it before Valencia could send him out. Karma blared fire from his bare mouth to Boss, but that force field shield him while he confidently stood before him. Lastly Eden made his appearance, attempting to get into Hoseok's head but that was when he felt a sudden sharp strike on his neck.

He let his guard down to his back.

Paralyzing him instantly, he falls to the ground, twitching and flinching his entire body with his vision blurring, seeing Boss and Hoseok standing over him.

"I'm sorry Eden but looks like your vacation time is up."

Eden blinks weakly fading from consciousness, "N-Namjoon, d-don't."

And he faded from consciousness, not before sending a fragile distress signal to Jungkook mentally.

Across the city and into the forest, Jungkook was in the midst of chopping up wood but stops the second he felt Eden's voice in his head.

"Run."

Slowly standing up right, Jungkook looks around slowly. By that single message alone - since Eden never reaches into his head unless it's an emergency - Jungkook already knew Taehyung wasn't here, he went to see Seokjin, and it went wrong. Not just from his end, but possibly for all of them.

This means they found them.

They're likely here now....

Jungkook peers through the trees calmly, calling for all the animals to be ready to fight if they have intruders. He squares his shoulders and holds the ax tightly, keeping himself still.

Quiet....

Too quiet....

Hwanwoong abruptly teleported beside him, holding a basket of berries, "Hey dad, look at what I found -"

"Hwannie, I'm going to give you very specific instructions and you have to listen to me very carefully," Jungkook tells him lowly, now spotting the camouflaged individuals easing closer to them, "Go inside the cottage, get your brother, and go to the basement. Remember the car in the forbidden room? You are going to go inside, and get out through the tunnel, it's going to lead you to the road."

Hwanwoong shaking now by Jungkook's sudden seriousness, "D-Dad, what is -"

"You will drive away from here, and I will catch up - you hear me?"

"But dad -"

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!"

A loud bang echoed the trees, and Hwanwoong is pushed aggressively aside with now Jungkook standing where he was - rage swirling his eyes. Horror flashed Hwanwoong's gaze as he sees a bullet crash to Jungkook's chest, but lips then parted when it scrunches up by the pressure of his indestructible body before it falls to the ground.

Woah...

"HWANWOONG GO NOW!"

Suddenly bullets were flying on all sides, but Jungkook's wings outstretched from his back - wide and white long wings as they served to protect Hwanwoong behind him from the bullets to give him time to escape.

Hwanwoong never seen Jungkook's wings like this, ever.

It's so.... Beautiful....

The door to the cottage abruptly opens, out stepping Yeosang, "What is going on -"

As though time slowed down in its pace, Jungkook sees a bullet flying through the air, right to Yeosang, and not being fast enough to stop it as it lands right to Yeosang's chest.

This horror, undeniable fear just purged out of Jungkook's body, "YEOSANG!"

The boy stumbles back to the door frame by the sudden bullet digging the center of his chest, flinching to the sudden pain in his body - but most of all shocked. The world for a moment stood still, and Hwanwoong was beside him in seconds, his body shaking uncontrollably.

"S-Sangie?!"

Yeosang has his eyebrows knitted together in confusion, his fingers suddenly digging into the bullet hole. Jungkook watches this while being confused, just as Yeosang pulls out the bullet, observing it with his blood on it.

"Is this part of training?" He murmurs, watching as his blood slides voluntarily on his skin, reaching back to the wounded hole on his chest to seal it shut, "If not, should've not made bullets out of radiation material."

Suddenly the bullet splits into five tiny balls, spinning as Yeosang glares his orange eyes to the soldiers peaking in surprise.

"And back to your owners you go."

The tiny bullets shot out quickly to the soldiers in sight, killing them instantly while injecting the radiation in their bodies.

That's when the real attack began.

More bullets and tranquilizers were shot into the air, and Jungkook made sure to seal it from his kids, turning to them, "GO NOW!"

Yeosang rolls his eyes, stepping down from the porch, "I'm not leaving without you," And his hand finds the face of a fighter who lunged into attack, screaming to the burn on his face as Yeosang slams him to the ground, "I'm not a kid anymore."

Jungkook glares at him, "Sometimes I wish you had a bit of Hwannie's intuition because this is not a game! FOLLOW ORDERS!"

Someone with a bazooka suddenly appears through the bushes, but before they could've fired right to Jungkook, Hwanwoong teleported over the soldier and twists him into the ground, taking the bazooka and teleporting it away from the scene before warping back to them.

Yeosang looks to his dad, "You were saying?"

Jungkook couldn't stop them, not when they're practically being ambushed from all sides, even if he tried.

Hwanwoong seemed to have thrown his fear aside, or swallowed it down to not show it, because he was suddenly teleporting and getting the soldiers with the tranquilizer guns out of the way, knocking them out with his quick movements from his training. Jungkook handled the ones with the bullet guns, snapping it broken and having the animals in assisting him on taking many of them down. Yeosang was left with physical combat, fighting to maintain the radiation by the palm of his hands as he'd burn or injure his opponents brutally to the ground.

This went on until they managed to get all of them.

They looked around, keeping themselves guarded, but when no movement occurred, Hwanwoong looked a bit spectacle, "That's it?"

"Never thought my first encounter with people would be to fight them," Yeosang mutters, looking at Jungkook, "Where's dad?"

Before Jungkook could even answer, a bird screeched from one of the trees. Immediately Jungkook yanks Hwanwoong and Yeosang behind him, protecting them with his wing as something suddenly flew into the air and landed right in front of them.

Someone Jungkook recognized immediately.

They sent him.... Out of all people..

Shit..

Kneeled in front of him is none other than Mingyu, a previous comrade of his - from the same squad actually - when he was in the agency and in the Marines. Man of immense strength and instinct, one of their most powerful students.

Mingyu was actually one of Jungkook's closest friends, or considered as a friend. He made life at the agency simpler, and they'd have fun going against each other during training. That all changed when Jungkook went into Orchids, and when he decided to go against his mission and decided to run away.

The last time Jungkook saw Mingyu, it was fighting him with Mingyu being angry that he'd turn his back on them, on him.

Seeing the face that held many great and horrible memories had Jungkook feeling nauseous, especially when he meets his eyes with a grin.

This is not the same man anymore.

"Long time no see Kookie."

With such speed and strength, he catapults himself with his fist to him, but Jungkook shields himself with his wings - not letting anyone be able to get through no matter how strong they could be. The energy transmitted back to Mingyu, and he was now flying back, snarling at him when he lands to his feet.

Just as three more suddenly appeared.

All to which Jungkook knew well.

"Didn't think I'd see a litter of you here," The beauty siren of Mina's taunting voice sooths the air, ironically one of the women who worked for Orchids, heavy glowing eyes glaring at him, "How about a song?"

"You'd think you'll win his heart with a song?" A familiar slithering voice of Jaehyun traces from the tree, reptilian eyes focused on his with his sharp teeth twinkling behind his smile, also part of Orchids, "I believe old memories will work in his favor."

Hwanwoong looks around to the new people, beings just like him surrounding them, abruptly screaming when he heard a giggle coming close from behind his ear. Jungkook forces his wing as a shield to him, revealing Jisoo, enchantress of the shadows smiling at him - also from the agency.

"Poor child, you're so terrified," She coed sweetly, if only that were the case, "Don't worry, luckily for you they want you all alive."

Jungkook carefully steps back, just as they slowly eased towards him - waiting for any sudden movements - and Jungkook whispers to Hwanwoong, "Teleport us inside the basement now."

Yeosang looks at his dad, knowing very well Hwanwoong hasn't mastered being able to teleport more than one person, "Dad -"

"Hwanwoong, we won't win this," Jungkook growls firmly, side eying his son, "Teleport us now."

Hwanwoong is trembling from the pressure now, maybe even tearing up, "I've never had to do this before -"

"Hwannie!"

The boy shakily stands between him and his brother, with all his power trying to teleport them inside. He kept warping, between his brother and father, he tried concentrating on both, but his fear kept triggering his abilities from doing anything.

Up until Mingyu got impatient, also realizing what they were attempting to do, lunging towards them.

There's no time.

Jungkook immediately grabs his kids and flew into the cottage, breaking the walls and windows with his large wings, right before taking them to the basement and slamming the button to activate the steal roof from above to prevent anyone from entering the basement.

"WE'RE GOING TO DIE!" Hwanwoong suddenly screams, trembling in horror, "Where did these guys come from!? Where's dad!? How did they find us?! But they're like us so why are they attacking us -"

Grabbing his stressed son by the shoulders before he starts to teleport everywhere, Jungkook looks at him firmly, "Easy, easy," He tells him calmly, trying to ease him down, "I'll explain once we leave, but for now, we have to get out and go somewhere safe, got it?"

Hwanwoong is still hyperventilating, but he nods back to him despite it, making Jungkook rub his head and lead the two teenagers quickly to the forbidden room. Yeosang strays behind, having it sink in that this is likely the last time he'll ever come here again.

They're going to leave the forest.

All of them.

This was a day they never expected to happen so soon, or at all, but now that it's here, Yeosang regrets ever arguing on the matter.

"We don't have much time before Mingyu breaks through the barrier," And he gives them ear plugs, "Mina can summon you with her voice, so wear this to block it off."

Both boys take it, placing it on their ears to only find out that they are also microphones to be able to listen to each other clear. Jungkook turns around waves them over to get in the car - at the precise moment that a loud banging was heard from the outside of the metal steal.

"Oh Kookie, you know this won't keep me back for long!"

Quickly moving inside the car, Jungkook starts it with a push of a button, suddenly having it speak to him after it analyzes the people inside.

"Welcome Jeon Jungkook, Hwanwoong, and Yeosang."

Jungkook immediately demanded, "To Jimin."

A wall suddenly moved to the side that the car was facing, revealing a tunnel through the other side. Jungkook didn't waste time in taking off through it, letting the car steer in auto pilot mode while he gives his kids a brief breakdown.

"We won't escape this so easily. They will find the car and follow us," Jungkook tells them, looking back to their clear anxious faces, "The car will go on automatic pilot mode from here on out so you won't have to worry about driving, and I will try to keep those guys distracted. Whatever you do, don't stop and keep going. This car will take you to me and Taehyung's close friend, Jimin. I will meet you guys there the latest by midnight, but for now Jimin will take care of you and know what to do."

Yeosang edges forward, "Dad, no. We can help. We can fight with you -"

"Not those guys Yeosang!" Jungkook snaps, glancing to see they're near the end of the tunnel, "They are designed to kill, been training for it and they will not give mercy, Let me handle it."

Hwanwoong's hands began to shake, trembling as he looks at Jungkook, "What were you and dad part of that they want to take us?"

Jungkook was silent, unsure on what to say, up until the car made it out of the tunnel and Jungkook was in gear, glancing from all the mirrors to pause at the review one - where he sees all of them emerging from the woods and on the street.

Didn't take long.

Jungkook looks back to his kids, "I'll be back, okay?"

They didn't say anything in return, and he also made the car to go on lock so they can't escape from inside until they arrive to their destination. After giving them a very longing stare, Jungkook opens the door as the vehicle was running, and flew back towards his friends of the past - having the car lock automatically. Hwanwoong and Yeosang both looked from the rear window of the car, just as Jungkook stood in the middle of the road - being the barrier between himself and the kids.

Slowly he gave the car a subtly look back, frowning deeply as he stares as they leave farther into the horizon until they disappear - Knowing that he's not going to return to them now.

He has to know where Taehyung is and get him back, and with that he cannot have the kids involved.

It'll be too dangerous for them.

This is a mission Jungkook has to go through alone, down to his own past.

So Jungkook raises both of his hands, getting on his knees down in surrender. The crew approached him, Mingyu actually surprised that the soldier gave up so easily, but shrugged it off. Jungkook watches this, not before having a tiny shrike bird land on his shoulder.

"Tell Jimin everything, the kids are on their way."

And so, the Shrike bird took off, flapping through the air, leaving Jungkook to be handcuffed to the ground. The bird passes by the racing car down the road, chirping to the other birds to keep an eye on it, while moving through the forest until it all shifted before its eyes - having it become modern to suddenly futuristic in seconds.

The bird continued to move through cars and buildings as it all fades to the speed, soaring through the air until it reached an open window, landing on the sill to appear to be the living room.

"Jimin, where did you put my keys?"

"It's on the dresser!"

The bird chirps, just as a black haired man made it into the living room. Before the man made any move, he noticed the bird on the window immediately.

And he knew well it wasn't just a condescendence.

"Uh Jimin.... Did you leave food on the window edge or something?"

"What are you on about now-"

Suddenly the blonde-haired man emerges from the kitchen, stopping in his steps when he looks at the bird on the windowsill. The bird upon seeing him flies into the room, and Jimin extends his hand to have him land on his finger.

Jimin already knew immediately it was from Jungkook, and not exactly having that be a good thing because Jungkook once said before that if things aren't good, he'd send a shrike bird to him.

And based on what it said to him, it definitely was anything but good.

Looking at the other male now, Yoongi, Jimin says quietly, "They found them."

[Note]:

OOOOOFFFFFF

This is where things get a little all over the place, we ready??

It took me sometime to write this, I really wanted it to be well written.

Lots of love <3

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

37K 3.1K 15
[Inspired by the story; The Little Red Riding Hood.] Jikook au where Jimin works at The Incheon's Wildlife Center. He really likes animals, and is wi...
44.6K 2.2K 12
Completed 📘 Jeongguk know that once he vow and drink the blood, he can not back out. However, it was the only thing that help him with his problem i...
1.3K 73 20
"You didn't have to go, Tae. Everything would have been different." "I know." "We could have fought this together, I would have helped you!" Taehyung...
240K 12.6K 52
Taehyung and Jungkook the most beautiful and lovely couple went back to their home with their children And we are gonna see in this book that how the...