The Violinist GxG (intersex)

By savage-_-potato

Vivienne is a 25 year old violinist, she spent her whole life struggling to succeed in the music industry bec... More

Characters
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
A/N: Sequel!

Chapter 1

43.7K 1.6K 676
By savage-_-potato

Vivienne

My life was never easy, it was never fun nor was it healthy. Perhaps when I was a kid I was happy but as soon as I lost my hearing at the age of fifteen everything changed. I was a passionate kid who loved music, I used to be told that I had talent but soon my dreams were crushed when I realized that I couldn't hear what I was playing, or anything at all. 

My parents made sure I got the help I needed by getting me hearing aids, but it was never the same as having your natural ability to hear. I hated how everybody around was good, was normal, I envied them so much. I still do...

Add to the list that I was an intersex woman, which meant not only did I get discriminated against for being deaf but also for having boobs and a dick. Weird combination, right?

But, I never gave up on music. I never gave up on myself, I continued working hard because the music was what I loved, it was what made me go on, I realized I had one advantage that other composers and musicians didn't have. I could feel the vibration of sound, whatever it was, piano keys, guitar strings, everything made a vibration. It was odd at first but I used it to my advantage. 

I would play my violin without hearing my music, I would compose it without having to hear a single note and it was "revolutionary" as the industry put it, some people accused me of faking my disability because to them there was no way I was that "good", as for others, well they saw me as a genius. 

A deaf violinist? Nobody saw it coming. 

Currently, I play for this local orchestra, I've only been with them for a few months now. I was a background violinist, I played with the group and never had the chance to solo play in an event just yet even though the conductor and director knew who I was and my talent, I was still the newbie and I wasn't going to get the spotlight anytime soon. And the pay wasn't that good either, I needed to find a better company or a better sponsor.

That is why, I was making my way to this music/entertainment company to test my luck. I was running through the busy street trying to get there on time. I quickly crossed the street gripping the strap of my violin bag, I was late because I spent my whole morning looking for my hearing aids and still didn't find them, so I went without them. 

It was dangerous to just run around the city without them especially when it was rush hour and I couldn't hear a thing, I stood on the sidewalk tapping my foot nervously as I waited for the light to turn green so I can cross. I glanced at my watch for a moment and realized I was 10 minutes late already, I should just cross, the street was empty and I'd been waiting for too long. 

The moment my foot was set on the road to cross I felt the wind get knocked out of my lungs, something had crashed into me sending me a few feet away. The pain was unbearable; my whole right side was aching terribly, but the worst part was my right wrist. I couldn't feel it or move it. I lay on the ground whimpering in pain, I could see people circling me trying to check if I was okay or not. A man wearing a motorcycle helmet had his phone out and I watched his lips move quickly so I couldn't tell what he was saying.

An old woman kneeled next to me with a worried look, she mouthed "Are you okay" along with other words that I didn't catch. I sat up with her help and nodded slightly. 

"I'm deaf," I said and signed at the same time using my left hand since my right was injured. She nodded and gently brushed my hair out of my face. I looked around me and noticed a motorcycle crashed on the road, I must've been hit by that. It's a miracle that I'm still alive.

"My bag?" I tapped the older woman on my side, she turned her head right and left before quickly getting up. A moment later she came back with my case in her arms, I tried to reach for it with my right hand but soon regretted it, pain shot up my whole arm like a shockwave. I whined holding my wrist in pain with tears in my eyes threatening to fall. 

Soon the ambulance came and I was taken to the hospital, I was rushed to the emergency room and the pain got worse. I was afraid the injury would stop me from playing again, a nurse and a doctor walked into the room to take care of my wounds, to clean what there is to clean and stitch what there is to stitch. 

 I don't know how long I've been there, but soon enough my hand was bandaged and my wounds were covered, and I was given some sort of shots to lessen the pain which made me relax a bit. I'm guessing the paramedics told them I'm deaf because a woman in casual clothes walked in, she signed to me what the doctor was saying. I was alright and my injuries weren't life-threatening.

"Doctor, is my hand going to be alright?" I asked sounding as hopeful as I could, the doctor turned to the woman and said something, the middle-aged woman gave me a look of hesitation before signing.

"You've broken your wrist, which led to tendinopathy. The tendon has suffered microscopic tears, it usually occurs when the tendons are overused either by sports or in the course of your work, the accident only made it worse."  

"What is that supposed to mean?" The doctor replied to the woman again, to answer the question I just asked. 

"It means after your wrist heals you can't overuse it, you can't overwork it or the tendons would tear and you won't be able to move your hand"  

I felt my world crash around me when the realization hit me, I won't be able to play anymore. This can't be happening to me, my career evolves around my hands, I work, I play, I make a living with them. I stared at my violin sitting in the corner of my room still not believing what the doctor just told me. I won't be able to play my violin.

When I didn't say anything they left the room to think and take in the sour truth. Why do all the unfortunate and unpleasant things always happen to me? Am I this unlucky? Why is the world trying so hard to break me? 

I was only making my way to this job interview, I was trying to get there to save my already dying career, but of course, I had to be so reckless and get hit by a motorcycle. Well done Vivienne..

After crying for hours about my shitty life, I decided to email the company and inform them about my absence. I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and checked my notification, I had an email from the company. 

"Dear Miss Gray, 

We are deeply disappointed with your behavior. Not only did we offer you an interview regarding your brilliant past and interesting career but we made sure to allow proving yourself in the music industry.

We are afraid that this opportunity will not be given again.

-Lilith Falcon- CEO"

Who the hell is this "Lilith Falcon"? I know it is fully my fault for not showing up to the job interview, but I didn't mean to get hit by a motorcycle, I didn't stand in the middle of the road and waited for someone to run me over. 

"Dear Miss Falcon,

My deepest apologies for this inconvenience. I had a terrible accident on the way to the interview, it was unexpected and unfortunate. Would you please reconsider your decision if that is possible?

best regards,

-Vivienne Gray."

I sent the email hoping they would change their mind and offer me a second chance, I waited for a few minutes before I rechecked my emails, and indeed I had a reply.

"That is, unfortunately, not possible. Your inconveniences and misfortunes are none of our business.

-Lilith Falcon"

This bitch...  

***********************************************

Hilo! I've decided to write a first chapter because why not, also for those who are wondering when will the last chapter of "Thunder Storm" will be posted, well I don't know but I've started working on it.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and please tell me what you think of it so far.

Muah

-S

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 5.4K 76
Rose Novak junior in college, finds herself drunk one night in her friend's basement with a candle in her hand playing a dumb game -with all of her f...
425K 16K 29
After Luna ran away from home she finds herself in a new territory, a new school and with a new life. She finds out about her true self and eventuall...
769K 35.2K 32
Alex lost her sight after her human mate left without explanation. She's suffered after her and spent most of her days trying to get used to the dark...