π“„Ό BEHIND THE MASK π“„Ή β—œ...

By yourlocal_rebel

To each other, they were just normal teens. To Robin and the team, they were a hero and a killer. Hiding thei... More

οΉƒ PRELUDE οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.
οΉƒ CAST οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.
οΉƒ PLAYLIST οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.
οΉƒ MAIN CHARACTERS οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.
οΉƒ TEASER οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.
1.οΉƒ GOTHAM CITY οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.
2.οΉƒ NOW THAT'S MORE LIKE IT οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.
3. οΉƒ LUCID DREAMS οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.
4. οΉƒ TITANS οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.
5. οΉƒ I WANT TO GET TO KNOW YOU οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.
6. οΉƒ HELLO TITANS, WELCOME TO GOTHAM AND GOODBYE οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.
7. οΉƒ THE PAST οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.
9. οΉƒ TARGET: GARFIELD LOGAN οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.
10. οΉƒ LOSING IT οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.
11. οΉƒ SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH ME οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.
12. οΉƒ BROKEN FAMILIES οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.
13. οΉƒ RUN AND DON'T LOOK BACK οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.
14. οΉƒ LOVES ME, LOVES ME NOT οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.
15. οΉƒ SURRENDER οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.
16. οΉƒ FREEDOM AT A COST οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.
17. οΉƒ MOVING ON οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.
18. οΉƒ EPILOGUE οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.
TITANS

8. οΉƒ I GUESS WE'RE FRIENDS οΉ„ β‡Œ β˜†.

114 3 1
By yourlocal_rebel

𓄼 BEHIND THE MASK 𓄹 ◜ 🎭 ◞₊
⤹ ... be the change you want to see in the world.
written by .. @.yourlocalrebel

THE MORNING NEWS frightened the people of Gotham even more.

Dick Grayson, Kory Anders, Connor Kent, Garfield Logan, Dawn Granger, Hank Hall, Jason Todd, and Bruce Wayne sat in Bruce's living room as they watched it. Bruce sighed as Poison Ivy's face was shown on the screen.

"First they sold drugs to Joker, now they're selling them to Poison Ivy?" Garfield asked.

"I know. This is bad." Dick replied.

"Yeah no kidding. We need to stop them, like now." Kory added.

MEANWHILE, A CELEBRATION was being held in the Abbott's house. After the group had finished their ice cream, they met with Poison Ivy to sell more drugs.

"Take that Batman!" Alyson cheered. Kali and Dean laughed as their sister danced around their living room. "This is so great!"

Kali got off the couch, making her way to the fridge. She pulled out two bottles, passing them over to her siblings before grabbing one for herself. She felt happier, if that was even possible, as the alcohol touched her taste buds.

"We're really stepping up our game." Dean commented, taking a drink out of his bottle.

"Oh just wait till we put your holograms to use. That'll be quite a show." Alyson remarked. Kali hummed in agreement.

"You know, it's been awhile since we've seen you this happy. We really must be doing good." Dean grinned.

"Either that or she met a boy." Alyson spoke in a joking manner as she focused on the news. Jason flashed through Kali's mind and she took a quick drink, trying to get him out of her mind.

Kali's silence caused Alyson and Dean to share a quick glance.

"Kali, did you meet a boy?" They both asked.

"I go out for coffee every other day, I'm going to meet people every once in awhile." The brunette responded, hoping they wouldn't push further.

"That wasn't a no." Dean said, a smile growing on his face.

"What's his name? Is he cute?" Alyson smirked, resting the tip of her bottle against her mouth.

"He's not cute." Kali tried to scrunch her nose up in disgust, obviously failing miserably as her siblings roared with laughter.

"Seriously though. What's his name?"

Kali sighed, not seeing a point in trying to hide. After all, they would never stop pestering her. "It's Jason."

"Jason? What's he like?" Alyson grinned.

"I don't think you're his type."

"Oho! Is that jealousy I'm hearing?" Dean laughed, clinking his bottle with Alyson's as Kali tried to continue her frustration. Is this what normal people felt as their family teased them about a stupid a crush? Not that Kali was admitting to having feelings for the boy.

"I'm going out." Kali spoke up, wanting nothing more than to escape the embarrassment.

"No! Don't go! We were only teasing!" Alyson cried.

"Yeah sis. We're happy that you're happy." Dean added.

"Still leaving!" Kali called out as she left the house. She tossed her now empty bottle aside in the alley before continuing on her way.

The sun was shining brightly, warming her up quickly. It was a nice change from the previous winter. She reached behind her head, tying her hair back in a high ponytail, leaving her front pieces out.

Along the sidewalks, there were many people running, walking, and riding their bikes. Everyone was taking advantage of the nice weather.

As she continued to walk, she overheard conversations.

"I don't understand, why haven't the Titans defeated them yet?"

"They better flee Gotham before summer. I'm not spending summer nights indoors."

"Those three are fucking psychos."

Ignoring the remarks, Kali continued on her towards her favorite place in Gotham City. The coffee shop.

THE TRIO RUSHED around, grabbing all the things they would need for their new mission.

Kali picked up the remote Dean pointed too, shoving it into her pocket. Dean did a quick look-over of the things they had set on the floor before shoving it all into a medium sized bag.

"Okay, let's go set up."

Following his order, they left their basement and house, heading towards a populated street.

Dean pulled multiple pieces of technology out of the bag, setting them down in specific spots. As he did so, Kali and Alyson set up the gas canister, positioned to where it would release the fumes towards the building doors.

"Guys, as soon as I press this button, the fire alarms will go off. Everyone will run out, the fume will release, and the Titans will be alerted."

"Good. How far can we go?" Kali asked, helping her brother attach the bomb.

"Seven streets down. There's a building that will conceal us while we watch." Dean replied, pointing over to it. It was tall, overlooking everything.

"What about security cameras near it?" Alyson asked.

"They've been looped since two hours ago. No one will know we were up there."

"But they'll know we were here?" Kali questioned. Dean nodded. "Good. Let's go."

Once the trio was situated and hidden, Dean pressed the button on the remote Kali had grabbed.

Fire alarms went off in the buildings surrounding their tech. As the doors opened with people desperate to get out, the fumes were released.

The gas was quick to surround people and the ones it didn't affect screamed.

"It's the Purge Monsters!"

Kali grinned, her eyes landing on the holograms Dean had programmed. The trio were holding their weapons and their bodies moved around slightly. They looked almost too real.

Her grin grew even more as the fumes cleared and the Titans ran in.

Nightwing, Starfire, Beast Boy, Super Boy, Hawk, and Dove.

"Where are they?" Dove shouted as the group looked around. The fumes blew past the holograms and Nightwing pointed to them. As the hero ran towards them, followed by Starfire and Super Boy, Dean pressed another button.

Super Boy called out, "Wait those are holograms equipped with bombs!"

"His X-ray vision." Dean explained as the bombs went off. Starfire and Nightwing flew backwards, landing on the ground near the rest.

Starfire was back on her feet in a matter of seconds, looking unharmed. Nightwing, on the other hand, gripped his bleeding leg.

The Titans surrounded him as unharmed citizens called for more ambulances.

When police sirens filled the air, the trio slipped into the shadows. They were quick to return to their basement, slipping their armor off in their changing rooms.

Kali had been more than please earlier that day when Dean informed her that he had made multiple holograms. They all saw this as an opportunity to harm at least one Titan. Getting two, even though only one was injured? Incredible.

Kali smiled proudly as she imagined what their father would say.

A SMILE WAS quick to grow on Kali's face when she saw Jason's motorcycle parked outside her favorite coffee shop. However, she was also quick to remove the smile as she walked inside.

She had been awake most of the night, waiting for a text or a call from her dad. She didn't normally get coffee two days in a row but it was necessary for today.

As usual, Kali ordered her coffee and was preparing to pay for it. She was surprised when someone else paid for her coffee instead.

"Jason?" She asked, putting her wallet away.

"In the flesh babe." He smirked, leaning against the counter.

"Babe?" Kali question, raising an eyebrow.

"You like it." He teased.

"I hate it."

"You like me."

"I hate you."

"Ouch." Jason playfully put a hand over his heart.

"Wow do I mean that much to you?" Kali asked, grabbing her drink.

"Nah." Jason grinned, wrapping an arm around her shoulder as he led her out of the shop.

"Are you kidnapping me now?"

"No, I was thinking we could hangout again." Jason replied.

"What did you have in mind?" Kali took a sip of her drink as Jason handed her something to put it in.

"The beach? We could take some time and forget about how shitty life is." The boy replied, handing her a helmet.

"Is something bothering you?"

"Just...stuff."

Kali didn't push any further, putting her helmet on before sitting behind Jason. She carefully wrapped her arms around his waist as he pulled out of the parking lot.

She looked around at the bustling city as they drove past stores and shops.

Kali had a feeling the beach would be crowded. Although, the beach was a weird place to visit in March. Nevertheless, it was a warm day. Maybe Jason wasn't planning on swimming.

Jason pulled into a parking lot that overlooked the sand. Kali handed him her helmet, taking her coffee back as she looked out across the water.

"I brought a blanket, that's all I got."

"Wow. You're so prepared." Kali teased, grinning at the boy.

"Oh shut up. I honestly wasn't expecting to run into you." Jason replied, walking down to the sand. Kali followed him, happily taking a few sips of her drink.

She looked around, spotting quite a few people on the sand. There were a few teenagers in the water, but other than that the beach was pretty empty.

Jason set the blanket down about a foot from the water. He sat down, gesturing for Kali to do the same.

The two slipped their shoes and socks off, setting them next to the blanket. Kali smiled at the feeling of the sand on her toes. She had never been to the beach before, but she had seen enough movies during her free time to know what it was like.

She rolled her sweatpants up a bit and stretched her legs out, allowing the water to gently clean the sand off her feet.

"Have you ever been to a beach before?" Jason asked, watching her draw a circle in the sand.

"No." She replied, looking back at him.

"Why not?"

"I never had a chance. My family was always too busy."

"Well, do you like it so far?"

"Yeah. It's calming." Kali answered. She grabbed her coffee, taking a sip before setting it back down again. "It's nice to get away from life for a bit."

"I know what you mean." The two made eye contact for a moment before Kali broke it. The girl looked back out at the water, watching the teenagers splash each other.

Jason rolled up his pant legs to his knees, scooting forward so that he was sitting next to Kali. Neither said anything until Jason kicked some water higher onto Kali's leg.

Kali looked over at him with a glare before kicking water on him as well.

"Hey!" He protested.

"You did it first." Kali reasoned, kicking more water on him. Jason grinned, reaching his hands forward. Kali was quick to realize he was about to throw water on her. To keep that from happening, the girl pushed his back, causing him to roll forwards into the water.

She laughed as he sat back up, wiping some of the water of his face.

"Oh so that's how you want to play?" He grinned.

"No. You were going to throw water on me." Kali replied. Jason grabbed her wrists, pulling her into the water as well. Kali quickly sat up, wiping the water of her face. Thankfully, the few inches of water she was in didn't reach all of her hair. She squeezed the small amount out as Jason got out of the water.

Kali watched him curiously as he walked over to her side of the blanket.

"Hey!" She shouted, watching him pick up her coffee. Jason made eye contact and held it as he took a sip. Kali jumped out of the water, pulling her coffee away from him.

"Tastes fancy too." Jason teased.

"Go to hell." Kali rolled her eyes, taking the straw out and throwing it at him. Jason laughed, picking it up. Kali took the lid of, taking a sip of her drink while glaring at the boy.

"Oh come on. You know that was funny."

"I hate you." She rolled her eyes, setting the drink back down.

"Mhm. Okay, whatever you say."

THE SUN WAS beginning to set and people around them were packing up their things. Jason and Kali didn't seem to notice, lost in their phones.

Kali's favorite game of all time had issued an update which now allowed it to be a two player game.

Jason said the game was so stupid that he would be able to beat it with his eyes closed. Yet here he was, losing the game again.

"Oh come on!" He groaned as Kali won again. The female laughed as she sat up.

"I guess I'm just better than you." She teased.

"Yeah right. No one's better than me."

"The game says otherwise."

Jason laughed for a bit, looking up at the sky for a bit. A comfortable silence filled the area and Kali set her phone aside. The two had been here for hours. A chill breeze blew over and Kali shivered slightly.

The brunette looked over at the water, watching the waves crash against the sand. Each wave was close to touching their bare feet, but Kali didn't move.

"I'm glad we're friends." Jason spoke, looking over to the girl.

"Friends?" Kali questioned.

"Yeah. Are we not friends?" Jason asked, his tone changing very slightly.

"Hm. I guess we're friends." Kali smiled softly, laying back down. Jason pulled her close, allowing her head to rest on his chest as they looked up at the sky.

The stars were beginning to shine, but just barely. Kali's eyes darted around as she looked at them.

A stronger wave hit the sand, the water rushing up to their ankles.

"Curfew's probably started by now." Kali whispered, noticing how the beach had grown quiet.

"It's okay. I'll get you home without anyone noticing."

Kali wanted to stab her stomach as butterflies filled it. The feeling was so unusual to her and didn't want to like it. But as she looked at Jason through the corner of her eyes, she let herself like the feeling.

END OF CHAPTER ﹄ ⇌ ☆.

Finally another Jason x Kali moment :)

Let me know what your thoughts are!

~ R E B E L ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 2.4K 46
Ever since the defeation of Trigon things have been different. And with the added night of partying and fun, the sexual tension between two certain T...
3.1K 160 23
The story in which a girl from Gotham wants nothing more than to remain invisible, but the crime fighting Robin won't let her. [Titans Season 1-4]
12.7K 244 26
The world is protected by many groups, both young and old, but none are as well known as the Teen Titans. With each member having a unique power or s...
443 1 15
Trigon, death stroke, team members, and Damien's temper? What a interesting mix when narrating the romance that blooms between robin and raven. Enjoy...