Falling For You

By RSGajbhiye

Saanvi Meshram had only one intention throughout her life: she would study hard and pursue a job that will ha... More

Prologue
Characters Information
Hit and Miss
Feeling The Presence
The Slight Change in Weather
Author's Note
And the result is...
The fictional world is much better than the Reality
So, you mean that she doesn't have real friends at all?
New friends?
Author's Note

What did you just say?

47 2 1
By RSGajbhiye

The next morning in the Meshram household was the usual they had before; Sunil was making breakfast while Sakshi helped him, Sunita was sipping her tea while flipping through news channels on their television and Saanvi came out of her room just after her bath.

When she woke up early in the morning, she realized her phone was switched off due to not charging it the night before. As she put the phone in charge, she started doing her daily routine starting from arranging the room as well as keeping the books she needed for the day. Once she was sure that everything was done according to her, she got ready and got out of her room. For some reason, Saanvi was feeling relentless since she woke up as if something was going to happen.

Once she came outside to dry her towel, she saw the same group she saw the day before playing gully cricket except only two people were not in the group, Sachit, and Saatvik. Ever since the night before, Saanvi was feeling different. Different as in, she was feeling something she had never felt before. Yes, she had her share of crushes in her life, thanks to her studying in co-ed schools every four years. But having a crush is different and having someone to look at you the way she had always seen the MC in the K-dramas she adores is different.

She was sure her cold heart which fluttered twice in her life so far including the night before was melted with the way Saatvik kissed her in her hand. Saanvi was still in her trance when she saw Sachit looking at her while he had a bunch of newspapers in his hand. She noticed the way he was feeling guilty and with a simple gesture with her hand, she asked him to come up to their house.

Sunita who stopped surfing through news channels due to a call from her office didn't notice the photo of Saanvi with Saatvik showing on the local news channel. The moment Saanvi opened the main door of their house for Sachit, he saw the photo instantly with wide eyes. Following his gaze, she looked at the news channel with her photo on it and saw the headline: Who is this mysterious girl dating Saatvik Sardesai?

"What is the meaning of this?" Saanvi says as she unmuted the channel that was playing the news and hears the news anchor talking about her.

"Last night, we got some information that the city's heartthrob has been dating this girl for a few days. We just know her first name so far and looking at the other photo that was taken last night, Medhansh Kulkarni, son of business tycoon Mahesh Kulkarni, is someone she is close with." The news anchor says. "From the amount of information we have for now, it is clear that the girl is dating not just Saatvik Sardesai but also double-timing Medhansh Kulkarni. We will give you more information about the couple after a short break, so stay tuned."

"I am dating Saatvik Sardesai and double timing Medhansh?" Saanvi says not believing the words that came out of her mouth. "That's rubbish! And who do they think they are? I am not dating anyone as of the moment and I double timing Medhansh?"

"Saanvi, let me explain," Sachit says at which point they show the photo of her with Saatvik in front of the stadium on the screen. "They took a picture of you with him in the stadium, and they think you are dating him now."

"But I do not even know that much about him, let alone date him. Why would they think that I am dating him? And why is Medhansh involved in this drama as well?"

"I am not sure about Medhansh's involvement in this story but Saatvik has no idea about this at all," Sachit says. "I even called Susheela Aunty, who also takes care of his house. She told me that he left the house early in the morning. He left with his father and he hasn't been picking up his call since then."

"I don't care about that, tell me, does he not even have a single idea about this whole news at all?" Saanvi asks.

Sachit shakes his head. "I don't know."

Saanvi was at a loss for words when she heard this, she was sure that Saatvik must have some sort of idea if something happened or not but alas she was wrong. Maybe, he doesn't even have any idea at all.

As she was still thinking about the situation she was stuck in, she heard her phone ringing from her room. She recognized the ringtone immediately and ran to answer her phone.

"Medhansh, have you seen today's news?" She asks him the first thing after answering the call. "You knew about this, didn't you?"

"I knew." Medhansh calmly replies. "I tried to convince my dad to do something about it but he didn't listen to me. I am sorry."

"But, if you knew about it, then why didn't you tell me about it?"

"I did, I messaged you the whole thing, but looks like your phone was switched off."

"It was..." Saanvi trailed off and sighs. "What should I do now?"

"Just be calm, ignore the people for the time being, and do not answer any reporter you meet. I will tell Mom to do something about it, just be calm until it all dies down." Medhansh tells her. "I will do something about this as soon as possible."

"Okay."

Saanvi was about to cut the call when Medhansh says. "I am sorry."

"It's not your fault. It was mine to be talking to people I shouldn't have talked to in the first place." Saanvi says. "Nevermind, from now on, I won't be talking to people like Saatvik ever. Not even by mistake."

Medhansh doesn't say anything else for a while. "It's not your fault either. As I said, this happened out of nowhere. Just be like your usual self." He says and sighs. "I am leaving for New York next week. I know the break isn't over yet but I have to go there soon. Before the break ends."

"You are not leaving because of this, right?" Saanvi asks. "Because that's bullshit. You didn't do anything wrong and if it's anyone's fault, it's mine."

"Saanvi, don't blame yourself. Yes, what happened now is just bad timing, and please don't think that you are the reason for this. I am leaving because I had to, and I was going to tell you about this last night, but didn't get the time to."

"But you didn't and you know that I share everything with you, right? Yet you didn't tell me about this." Saanvi says. "I know that you don't like to keep things from me, as much as I don't like to keep things from you."

"I am not leaving because of this." Medhansh half lied. "I am leaving because I want to be there before the break ends."

"Promise me, that you aren't lying to me?" Saanvi asks.

He gulps a little while replying. "I am not lying."

"Cross your heart?"

"Yes, I cross my heart." He says remembering their favorite movie line. "Now, are you sure that I am not lying?"

"Okay, but, you will have to ask me if you need anything, clear? I will not come to your place, but I can send you stuff. Don't think twice, because Saanvi is here." Saanvi says.

"Deal," Medhansh says. "Now, I will call Mom after this call. Bye!"

"Bye!"

As she cuts the call, she walks back to the living room and sees everyone looking at her. It was Sakshi, who strides towards her and asks. "What happened? Whose call was it?"

"It was Medhansh. He said that he is doing something about the rumor soon, and in the meantime, I shouldn't answer any reporter and act like my usual self."

"And?" Mom asks. "Did he know this was going to happen?"

"He had a doubt about it," Saanvi told her. "He is going to ask Mausi to do something about it."

"Meena does know how to handle situations like this," Sunita says. "I just hope that this doesn't gets worse."

"How worse would this get?" Saanvi jokes. "It's not like people will follow wherever I am going just because I am rumored to be with a Billionaire's son?"

"He is a millionaire's son." Sakshi corrects.

"You get my point though, right?" Saanvi says. "It's not like they would follow me from now on."

Sachit who was going to keep his mouth mum about this topic, opened up. "About that." He sighs. "I think, you should be prepared for some reporters following you. If one guy did it without your notice, I am sure, that others' will do it too."

"I will tell our Rickshaw wale uncle to drop and pick you up from classes from today until this matter cools down," Sunita says before Saanvi could reply to Sachit. As a mother, she knew when and how her daughter would get angry. And a single twitch in her face when Sachit said that was enough for her to realize that Saanvi would be mad at him.

"But, it would cost more. And you know I love to commute by bus. Why are you-"

"It's for your safety," Sunita says trying to convince Saanvi. "And If I am the one who is already giving you money for traveling by Bus every day, it's better if you travel by Rickshaw. I will talk to him and tell him about your schedule."

"But-"

"It's final."

Seeing that she didn't have any other option than to listen to her mother, she gave in. Once the decision was made, and after Sachit left, Saanvi gets ready for the day. As she was brushing her hair and making a pony, she looked at herself in the mirror, looking at the girl she had grown into. The one she was during her childhood and the one now is a different person. The one in her childhood didn't talk back when it was needed and now she talks back to those who talk bad about her. There was a part of her mind, that kept reminding her of her mistakes during her childhood that still haunts her in her adult years.

It's not your fault, Saanvi. Letting go of that is the only thing that will make you live life much better. She remembered Medhansh's words that he always told her.

But was it worth forgetting about it?

A girl who asked for her help, years ago, must still be living her life not feeling safe and if she was there when that girl needed her help the most, she would have been able to save her. Or perhaps, be with her at that time but thinking about all the what ifs is not going to solve everything, right?

As she made her way outside the room, she saw that the news was still playing the same news about her and Saatvik again and again and if she didn't have controlled her anger now, she would have smashed the TV in front of her dad. Sunil who noticed her frown from afar, asks. "Are you alright, beta?"

She shakes her head. "I don't know papa. I don't even know what will happen in class today. I am pretty much sure, people will call bad about me in both: typing and government exam class."

"You know, sometimes, I wished that I wasn't as aggressive and quick to jump to conclusions when I was young. I think that you got that trait from me."

"What do you mean, paa?" She asks.

"I am as hot-headed as you are, beta. Maybe even more than you." Sunil replies. "There are so many times in my college times that I got into trouble because of that."

"But you don't look like one most of the time, papa." She states. "I think, that the only time you got angry in front of me was when I told you that Abhay made a move on me."

"Well, that's because I know now how to control my emotions in front of others. Yes, I am calm when it comes to your mom but she saw my worst sides during our 27 years of marriage."

"Which reminds me that due to the pandemic, we couldn't even celebrate your guys' 25th wedding anniversary," Saanvi says as she sulks over how her plan to have a big event for her mom and dad didn't even take place due to the pandemic. "I had such a big fit during the pandemic started and even then you weren't angry at all."

"That's because even if I am a house husband, and spent most of the time in the house alone, I was happy to spend time with those who I love the most. You: My sweetest and strongest bachcha. Your sister: My strong yet independent bachcha. And your mom: the love of my life. I was happy to spend time with you and doing so made me realize that my love for all three of you can never change." Sunil says as he pokes Saanvi's cheek. "And you beta, are the exact copy of me when I was of your age."

Saanvi frowning at the way her dad poked her cheek huffed a little and poked her tongue out. "You know that I don't like it, papa!" She exclaims. "And besides that, I think you should tell me how to control my anger?"

Sunil nods his head. "You just need to remind yourself that not everything need to be answered physically. Like, remember the time when you kicked that guy who was hitting on Sakshi." Saanvi remembers the moment but winces immediately as she thinks that she was not seen by her father. "You should rather use words than show your emotions by kicking or punching them."

"So, you want me to not fight when someone mocks and tries to hurt anyone who is close to me...?"

"If you want to live in this world, fighting is not always the answer for everything. Sometimes suppressing your emotion helps." Sunil says. "The amount of time I have fought over things that were so trivial and regret doing that later made me realize that supressing your emotions works."

"Even if I saw someone doing bad things to someone right in front of me. I shouldn't fight?" Saanvi asks.

"If the bad thing you are referring to is anyone harming the person physically then you shouldn't think twice and help that person but if not then suppressing your emotion and keeping it under control is the best option."

"But why should I do this?"

"Because this world is cruel and you are just getting to know about a part of it soon," Sunil says worriedly. "You have been living with us all the time and you never saw the way how the world works, at least from my point of view and I am worried about you. Worried about the fact that someone might try to hurt you while we are not there with you."

Saanvi getting the idea about the fear her father has, tries to clear his fears. "Papa, as you said, I am your strongest bachcha, I can take care of myself. I know that there will be a people and two who would mock me for the article that was posted today but I don't care about any of them, unless and until my family knows the truth." She says. "I will take care of me, papa. And if anyone tries to cross their line, I will defend myself."

She tries to make him feel at ease but a part of him was still scared. "But, if someone like Abhay tried to make a move on you like yesterday then what?"

"Then I will get that person's arm and then dislocate it, making him miserable and making him realize his mistake."

Sunil laughs at her comment heartedly. "You won't change, right?"

"Never."

Sunil shakes his head as he tries to brush away his doubts but his thoughts aren't leaving his head. He didn't show her his emotions on his face but deep inside he knew that he had to do something on his behalf to take care of her.

Once her mom announces that she is ready to leave for her office, Saanvi and Sunita first prayed in front of god and then left. While Saanvi was scrolling through her phone, she saw some articles about her dating Saatvik on her home page, and regardless of whether she had reminded herself not to read any of them at all, she clicked the one that was in front of her. This was the same article as before but there were some changes in this article. It starts with her and Saatvik and ends up with the news about how his family is always on the news nowadays. Just after that article ended, she got more articles about Saatvik's family.

Sanjay Sardesai tries to kill the new CEO of the Sardesai company.

As she was going to read the said article, her mother announced.

"Here we are. We have reached the destination."

When she turned her attention to her mom, she noticed that instead of reaching her typing institute, she was right in front of her government exam training center. Noticing the questioning look on her daughter's face, Sunita says. "You will be attending this class only for the time being. I was afraid that you will get anguished in the typing institute, so I came up with this solution."

Remembering the fear her father had for her, she noticed that her mom had the same fear as well, the only difference is with the way they both have shown care for her is different. Smiling looking at her mother's concern, Saanvi didn't say anything to her mom and obliged.

Once she got out of the rickshaw, she took her mom's hand and said. "I will be fine today, I will take good care of myself. Now you go to your office, with a clear mind, and as Medhansh told me, act like your usual self."

Sunita smiles. "I will, beta. Now go! And I will send Kaka by 1:30 pm to pick you up."

As she waved her hands once her mother left, she took a deep breath and turned towards the building. She was sure that she would be mocked by a lot of her classmates but she knew that she wasn't in the wrong here.

Once she was in the classroom, she saw her Current Affairs Professor Ajay Deshpande looking shocked. "Saanvi! You came early!" He said to her. "Why?"

As she told him the whole tale of how she was dragged into the mess, she noticed how the professor didn't give her a judge-mental look at all. Once finished, he says. "It's okay. I will be studying you early for a few days and about the incident. I think it's better if you talk things out with Saatvik. I am sure that he will do something about it."

"But that's the thing, he isn't picking up his call. His best friend tried to call him, and all we know is that he had left with his dad since early in the morning." Saanvi explained and saw the shocked expression on his face. "What happened, sir?"

"It's been a long time since I have heard about Sanjay," he said. "Last time, I heard about him, was when he got arrested for hurting Bhabhi."

"Bhabhi?"

"Sanjay is from our friends' group. My twin brother and I are his only closest friends so far," he said. "My brother gave exams and is now an Inspector but I chose to be a teacher to those who are aspiring to be one of the higher officers."

"So, you know his family?" Saanvi asks. "Are they as problematic as it was told in the articles?"

"I know his family, yes. But are they problematic, not so sure. It's just there is a communication gap between Sanjay, Savita Bhabhi, and Saatvik. They just need to speak up their mind than ignore each other. That's the problem." He states and noticed the way Saanvi looked at him in disbelief. "It's weird to say that they need to communicate but maybe it's too late."

"So, you aren't weirded out with the fact that your friend, tried to kill his wife?"

"No, because I know how much Sanjay loves his family, it's just his bad timing."

Not having more questions about him, Saanvi decided that it would be better for her to focus on her studies than on him and his family. Slowly the class started filling up and she felt the gazes of her classmates while she was studying. Needless to say, she knew what they must be thinking about her now. The day before, she denied knowing anything related to Saatvik and now, she is rumored to be with him.

It was all okay until Adhya came towards her with a furious look on her face. "I knew that you are a mysterious person, but never thought you would be a liar as well." She says.

Saanvi who was minding her own business, looks at Adhya with a smirk formed in her face. "I don't care what people think about me, as long as I know the truth. And to be honest, him dating you or rumored to be with you is like finding a nice guy from our class. None."

"How dare you?!" Adhya says and was going to slap Saanvi when she stops her and twists Adhya's hands.

"I don't want any type of fight during the class." Ajay sir said. "Now, everyone back to their studies."

Shruti, who was aware of what happened last night, wanted to say about last night's incident to the class but kept her mouth mum. Shruti, who was sitting alone in the back of the class, got up and sat beside Saanvi.

"Hi!" Shruti says. "My name is Shruti."

Saanvi was a bit shocked by someone trying to sit with her looked at Shruti and with a small smile says. "Hi, My name is Saanvi. You must be aware of it, now, I guess." She chuckles dryly.

"Yeah, everyone in the city now knows about you," Shruti says. "But no big deal, it's not like there will be reporters surrounding you, right?"

"Yeah, let's wish for something like that," Saanvi whispers. "Anyway, let's focus on studies, now. At least that will keep me at peace for once."

Shruti nodded her head, just focused on the study and they all learned the lectures throughout the day in silence. One by one as they learned about some topics of the day, the gossip about Saanvi kind of slowed down in the classroom. Abhay finally stood up from his seat and stood in front of Saanvi. "Do you like Saatvik?" He asks.

"Why do you think, I will talk to you now after what happened yesterday?"

"Will you answer my question?"

"I am not dating him, and neither will date you," Saanvi says. "And besides that, now is not the time to focus on dating, this is the time to focus on what a person should be in the future. My main focus has been and always will be to get a job first. So please, don't ask me questions like this in the future."

"You will still lie to our face, Saanvi," Adhya says. "There was a big photo of you two in the newspaper as well as on the news channel. Doesn't that mean that you are indeed dating him?"

"If someone told you that you are dead according to some newspaper and news channel, will you believe that?" Saanvi asks Adhya to which Adhya keeps her mouth shut. "I think that your silence is enough for my answer."

As she stood up from her seat, and picked up her stuff, she didn't look at anyone else and left the classroom. Following her, Shruti got up from her seat and walked at the same pace as hers.

"Where are you going?" Shruti asks. "You are not going home, are you?"

"Well, I was planning on going to Library today, but looking at my situation, I think, it's better if I go home than listen to my heart," Saanvi says. "Why do you ask?"

"Then come with me, I was going to the library now to read some books, I will drop you." Shruti offers. "If you are not okay with it, I will not force you."

Saanvi looked at her rickshaw and then at Shruti, contemplating. "Which library are you going to?" She asks.

"The one close by," Shruti says as she points at the building from her view. "It's the building right there."

"I do need a book to issue for a week from the same library," Saanvi says. "I will come with you. Just can you wait, till I tell my rickshaw uncle to wait for me."

Shruti nods her head and waits for Saanvi. Once Saanvi comes back, they both walk to the library while Saanvi covers her face with her scarf. "I can't even roam out in the open freely." She says out loud. "I swear to god, if he calls me now, I will swear his ear off for this situation."

Shruti was going to comment on that when Saanvi got a phone call. "Speak of the devil, and the devil's call is here," Shruti says. "Come on, swear his ears off."

"It's not gonna be him, I am sure of it," Saanvi says and picks up the call. "Hello!"

"Hello, Saanvi! Are you okay? Please tell me you are okay. I am sorry for not calling you before." Saatvik says breathlessly. "Are reporters following you? Please tell me you are fine. Oh my god! Did they stalk you to your house?"

"How did you know it was going to be him?" Saanvi asks Shruti.

"I had a hunch. Now go and tell him what you feel about the current situation." Shruti says and I looked at the phone.

"You know what, Saatvik, I hope you clear this misunderstanding as soon as possible. Because if you didn't then I swear to god, I will make sure to come where you are right now. And ruin your day." Saanvi says, not swearing at him on the phone. "Is that clear? Now if you excuse me, I am busy with my stuff. Goodbye!"

"But Saanv-" Saatvik tried to say but his phone was cut off.

"What happened, dude?" A player asks him. "Is your girlfriend mad at you?"

Saatvik looked at the phone and reminded the whole conversation in his head. He knew from her harsh words that she was upset and he knew that sooner or later, the reporters who were trying to follow him the day before would follow her now.

If only, I would have given her a heads-up before. She is going to kill me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.2K 1.8K 38
✧┈┈┈┈┈•♛•┈┈┈┈┈❤┈┈┈┈•♛•┈┈┈┈┈✧ This a fanfiction on most rumoured unofficially official most loved couple Shubsara This is imaginary love story of S...
86.8K 7.4K 27
True love never fails This story is based on this very commonly used phrase If your love is true, the whole world might fight against you, but you wi...
766K 23.1K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...
115K 5.5K 35
After Virat's big misunderstanding, he broke all the relation with the one person he loves the most. After few years, they again crossed the paths w...