My One Weakness (A Thor Fanfi...

By LokisSecretFan

Thor always had women throwing themselves at him, but only for his looks or title. Now he was to be crowned k... More

Chapter 1: Surprises
Chapter 2: Lunch
Chapter 3: Friends?
Chapter 5: Here's to Us
Chapter 6: Thanks Laufey
Chapter 7: Not so Imaginary Dreams
Chapter 8: Preparations
Chapter 9: The Battle
Chapter 10: A New Life

Chapter 4: Jealous?

3.5K 58 41
By LokisSecretFan

Thor's point of view

It had been two days since Chantel and I ate lunch together, and my mother was hosting a ball tonight in celebration of our 'engagement'.

I was just supposed to wear my armor and Chantel would wear something to match me a bit.

Both Frigga and Odin were extremely excited about tonight, but I did not share in their enthusiasm at all.

Frigga and Odin wanted to share the news of our engagement to everyone and have them be anticipating their soon to be new king and queen.

I, however, found this all quite a bore. We had fourteen months left until the wedding and the coronation, yet we were hosting a ball in celebration of Chantel and I now.

Even though I tend to have a large annoyance with all the parties that are hosted in the castle that I have to go to, I do enjoy the food, so I guess I might be able to tolerate it.

I had gotten all ready and the party wasn't for another 3 hours, so I decided to wander around the garden.

As I sat down under my favorite tree,  my thoughts inevitably went to Chantel. She was pretty, no doubt, but pretty doesn't account for personality. She's probably like every other girl, flirting with me because I'm a prince. That's that. I'm not going to like her, I just won't.

About a half an hour later, I had dozed maybe a little bit, I heard Frigga calling me, probably something about my armor. I got up from under my favorite tree and headed back to the castle.

~~~~~~~

Chantel's point of view

One of my maids, Eleanor, dabbed on my last bit of make up.

"There you are your highness," Eleanor bowed, "You are now ready like a true princess to go to your engagement ball."

"Eleanor, would you mind if Chantel and I had a few moments alone?" My mother asked.

During my near 4 hours of having maid after maid clean me up and prepare me for the ball tonight, my mother had silently sat and watched the whole time.

"Chantel, pretend I am Thor and I just walked over to you, stand and act how you would in front of him."

"I'm sorry mother, but I can't. Otherwise you would have a huge bruise mark on your cheek right before the ball was about to start." I said with a super fake smile.

"Chantel!" My mother said with a mix of surprise, disappointment and a dash of disgust. "How can you think such thinks upon your future husband?"

"How can I? He is selfish, and cares only for himself. I don't know why all those girls throw themselves at him, but they can have him, I for sure don't want him."

"Chantel, you are being selfish right now. Do you know how much our family depends on this marriage? How much everyone on Vanaheim AND Asgard depend on this? I don't care if he is rude, you are following through with this, and you have no say in it."

"Yes, I know mother. But I have a right not to like him since this is a forced marriage, you can give me that at least."

My mother just rolled her eyes and kissed my forehead, knowing nothing in this universe or the next could change my stubbornness.

"Alright, stand up so I may look at you." My mother said.

I grumbled and stood up extra slowly, just to annoy her. When I finally got all the way up to a standing position, my mother smiled and hugged me.

"Oh my child, you look so lovely. You truly are a fit bride for a king."

"Mother! What if I don't want to be a fit bride for a king? Especially if it's Thor."

She just laughed and walked to the door. "Don't be late to the party, I mean it."

And with that, my mother left the room to go get herself ready.

As soon as my mother left the room, I took a running start and flopped onto my bed. And, threw my heels across the room of course. I still had a little over two hours left before the ball started, so maybe I could  just take a small.....little..........nap. I fell asleep almost instantly.

~~~~~~~~~~

Thor's point of view

My mother had called me so that I could practice walking in and out with Chantel, but she wasn't there. Her mother apologized thoroughly and said she should be here in front of the throne room doors any moment, but everyone could tell she didn't believe that.

"I'll go and find her," I volunteered, only because I wanted to get this over as soon as possible.

"Great idea," Frigga said, almost in a relieved tone.

I started towards Chantel's room thinking either she was in there, or ran away. I personally liked the second option the best, but I'm sure only she and I would agree on that.

I walked up to her door and knocked.

Silence.

I knocked a little harder, still nothing. I gently opened the door, trying to listen for a reaction, and got no response. I prepared to open the door all the way, just in case she was trying to pull a prank or something.

After I had mentally prepared for a few seconds, I shoved the door quickly the rest of the way open and walked inside Chantel's room.

There, on top of her bed sheets, all dressed, ready to go was Chantel peacefully sleeping.

I sighed. She looks so beautiful when she is sl--No. I will not fall for her, she is just like every other girl, I reminded myself.

I walked over to Chantel's bed and started to try to nicely shake her awake, but to no avail. I shook her a little bit harder, but Chantel was a non-moving rock. So, I decided to start shaking her hard.

She woke with a start, and before I could even move away, she quickly proceeded to punch me in my face.

"Ow!" I stumbled back. "What was that for?!?"

Chantel was wide awake now. She gave an obvious fake smile and said, "Friendly tip, never shake me awake if you want to keep your precious face un-bruised. Now, why have you awoken me?"

I was taken aback by her abruptness. "How dare you speak to me like that! I am a prince of Asgard!"

"And I am a Princess of Vanaheim," Chantel answers coolly, "So how dare you shake me awake to do your bidding! Now, I ask you again, why have you awoken me?"

I couldn't believe she would talk to me like this, but I could not hit her, for fear of what Mother would say. So, I had to submit to her stubborn will.

"I have woken you because both our mothers requested that we practice entering and exiting together at the ball properly."

Chantel grumbled, probably about as happy about this as I was, which was negative 25%.

"Fine," she said. "Just let me freshen up a little bit. I will be right there."

"See you soon," I said and closed her door and walked down to the throne room doors.

~~~~~~~~~~

Chantel's point of view

I took a huge breath in, and let it all flow out. I had never spoken to anyone at all like that before. It gave me a feeling of almost control, although I could barely hold my composure together.

I went to my bathroom and brushed my hair out to get it back to its silky smoothness.

Once I had cleaned myself up a little better and put my awkward heels on, I walked out of my room and towards the throne room.

When I reached the throne room's doors, Frigga, my mother, and Thor were all waiting.

"Alright. Thor, Chantel, are you ready to practice walking in and out together with REAl smiles on your faces?" Frigga asked as if we were two small children she was telling to play nicely together.

Thor grunted, and I shrugged.

My mother sighed, " That's the best you can get out of Chantel when she's grouchy."

I reluctantly took Thor's arm and we both put on our fake smiles, and we strolled into the throne room, practicing waving to citizens here and there, and walking up to the throne.

After we walked to the throne, we walked back out, practicing more waves, and more fake smiles. We ran this cycle over and over until my feet could barely take it anymore.

When Frigga finally thought that we could walk correctly, she said we had an hour before we had to be back in front of this door, ready to walk in.

Thor and I left immediately, not wanting to be near each other for one second more.

I decided to just go back to my room and wait there. When I sank down onto my bed, reality started to set in a little bit more. Thor and I were acting so childish, but we are living with each other for the rest of our lives. We can't keep this up forever or we'll be more miserable than we already are! Oh well, he hates me anyway, not sure why but we need to chat for real this time. Maybe at dinner, I decided.

When I had thought all of this out, I realized it was probably already time to get back to the throne room doors.

My mother and Frigga were at the doors when I got there, and Thor was just arriving as well.

"Now," Frigga said to Thor and I in a scolding voice. "It does not matter how much or how little you two both like each other, you need to look as happy as can be because this ball is mainly about making the citizens acquainted and comfortable with their soon-to-be King and Queen. So at least make your facial expressions a believable happiness. Agreed?" Frigga was very serious about this, we both could tell.

"Yes Frigga," we both said unanimously.

"Good," she said now get ready to walk in, smile, and wave. Good luck."

I took Thor's arm and prepared my best smile, as I could tell that Thor was attempting also.

The doors opened suddenly, and unexpectedly, and Thor and I were ushered in and we immediately started waving and smiling.

This continued until we walked all the way to the throne and we each sat down on one.

The crowd roared and cheered for us and it was only when Thor put his hand up that the crowd started to settle. He then cleared his throat.

"My people," Thor said in his booming voice. "This is a happy time. I shall soon take charge of Asgard as Odin has so graciously decided-" The crowd had started to cheer very loudly, and Thor had to quiet them again to be able to continue. "And I am extremely happy to introduce my new soon-to-be bride, Chantel, who will rule beside me as my Queen." The crowd was now almost deafening. I felt so amazed, seeing so many people excited for me to rule.

Actually, in all reality they were most likely clapping for Thor and his muscular self, but I wanted to enjoy the moment.

What was bothering the most was when Thor was introducing me and calling me his bride, how awkward and fake it felt. Hopefully the citizens didn't think of it that way.

I could see a few of my people, the Vanir, spread out among the crowd, cheering extra loud, and clapping extra hard.

I gave the crowd my best smile and I waved, and even turned and smiled at Thor.

He smiled back, and felt like there might have been something there, but Thor seemed to realize this, and shook it off as if it was nothing.

I turned back to smile and wave to the citizens, but with a little less joy. Thor had just proven something. He had proven that it wasn't that he didn't like me, but that he was too stubborn to even try.

After the crowd died down, Odin came up to the throne and gave a few words to Thor and I, encouraging us, and then told everyone that dinner was served. How we were going to seat this many people, I had no idea. But I was happy that so many people had come to support Thor and I, and I was also very happy that some Vanir had come to wish me good luck, because they knew this wasn't easy for me.

Thor and I were at the front of the line to welcome people, shake hands, and make friendly chatter if possible. We talked to the people about things like issues they wanted fixed, or tips they had, and we smiled and hugged all of the children.

After what seemed like a never-ending line of people, Thor and I went to our seats which both had our food we previously picked out at them. When everyone had taken a seat, Odin stood up with his glass of champagne.

Odin cleared his throat and said, "I would like to propose a toast to the future couple, and rulers of Asgard, Thor Odinson, and Chantel of Vanaheim."

Everyone cheered and raised their glasses, clinking them together. Thor and I clinked our glasses together, and everyone 'awwwwed.' I blushed, but Thor looked indifferent, and I could tell he wasn't happy.

There were so many different foods, some that I couldn't even see how much there was. From twisted pieces of bread, to bowls and bowls of pudding, to towers of sandwiches stacked almost to the ceiling.

Thor and I quickly ate our food so that we could go sit and chat with more guests, trying to learn names and be friendly with everyone. It seemed to be working because the people really enjoyed talking to us and had smiles on their faces.

After food, it was time for everyone to head to the ballroom, and for Thor and I to take the first dance. This was one of the more scarier parts of tonight, because everyone would be watching and judging Thor and I.

Thor and I walked into the room very formally with my arm linked around his. We walked together into the center of the room and got set as the live music ensemble was getting ready to begin.

When they finally started, the first song was a slow and beautiful piece, which in my opinion, is easier to dance to. Each time Thor would spin me around or pick me up as he spun me around, my red billowy skirt would twirl far and wide around me, sometimes even hitting Thor in the face. I would struggle not to laugh.

As the music piece was coming to an end, Thor spun me away from him, then back close to him right up against his muscular chest, and dipped me down, holding in that position. I smiled at him, and he smiled back at me, but then realized what he was doing and shook off the smile. The crowd of people cheered very loudly as the song ended, and Thor gently pulled me back up and gave me a soft kiss. I kissed him back, I mean, who wouldn't, and even though this was just staged, I was enjoying it.

The next song started up, slightly more lively, and everyone else started joining in on the ball room floor. The tradition was for Thor and I to now go and find different partners to dance with for each song, and end on the last song back together again.

The first person I danced with was a young man around his early 20's, about my age. He was a wealthy tailor who made very friendly chatter, but seemed too genuinely posh, if you understand my meaning.

The next person I danced with was a more poor, and older man around his mid 50's. He was a jailer, but seemed friendly enough. He just talked about what he saw in his jailing job too much for my liking. I smiled and listened though, not wanting to be rude.

After the jailer, I danced with a candle maker who had a very light-hearted soul, as if nothing could dampen his spirits. Too bad bad he was in his 70's.

After my dance with the sweet old candle maker, I got an idea, and ran over to Loki. He was flirting, as usual. I pulled him aside.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything," I chuckled. Loki blushed ever so slightly, but in a flash was back to his regular color.

"And what may I do for you Chantel," Loki said with his usual hint of mischief.

I pulled Loki closer and whispered my evil plan into his ear. When I was finished, Loki was grinning from ear to ear.

"I'm in," he said.

When the next song started, Loki reached around my waist and pulled me close. The music ensemble was playing a slow song, which made my plan even better.

Loki and I danced very close together, and at times I would rest my hand on his chest, or lay my head down on his shoulder.

My secret evil plan was to make Thor jealous and have him reveal his actual feelings towards me without realizing it. I would glance over sometimes at Thor, who was dancing with Sif at the moment, to see if my my plan was working. Sure enough, Thor was glaring over here at Loki and looked like he might just explode.

Loki leaned down and whispered in my ear, "Pretend I just complemented you, and give a girly giggle. It'll drive Thor completely bonkers."

I internally sighed. It will drive me bonkers as well. I took a deep breath and smiled while giving the best high pitched girly giggle I could.

"How was that?" I questioned Loki.

"Perfect," he said with a grin. "Just look at Thor's face now."

I turned and looked at Thor, and he scared me. If you thought he was angry last time, that didn't even come close to Thor's face now. He was absolutely fuming and let's just say Sif was most likely losing some air from Thor's tense grip.

I could tell the song was ending soon so I whispered the finishing touch of this plan into Loki's ear. His mischievous grin came back and stayed there on his face.

As the music ensemble played lists last line of the song, Loki spun me high up in the air, then brought me down and spun me away from him, my dress fanning out, then he spun me back into the crook of his arm, and dipped me down low and held me there through the last notes of the music piece. As he held me in the dip, he reached down and I reached up and we kissed a long and pretend passionate kiss.

As Loki pulled me back up, we both smiled and could barely contain our laughter as we saw Thor stomping over to where we were, and he was dragging poor Sif along with him.

Loki and I turned to face Thor (and Sif, I guess), and we tried to keep our faces as straight as possible.

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?" Thor yelled at Loki and I.

Loki responded, "Well, Chantel here had said that you don't really care about her at all, so I was making her feel loved.

Thor looked like he was going to tear Loki's head off, so Sif and I scooted farther away from the two brothers.

"YOU ARE NOT ENGAGED TO CHANTEL, I AM! YOU DON'T GO FLIRTING WITH MY FIANCÉE! I LOVE HER AND I ALWAYS HAVE I JUST DIDN'T WANT TO LOOK WEAK! SO STAY AWAY FROM HER SHE IS MINE AND I LOVE HER!"

Thor stopped his rant and took a lot of huge breaths, while Loki turned and winked at me. I winked right back.

Thor looked over and saw me and froze, realizing he had just said all of that in front of me. I smirked, because, for one thing, my plan totally worked, and two, I knew he could give me a shot, and he had been this whole time, he just didn't want to tell me.

Thor then shuffled over to me with his head hung low. "So you heard all that?" He mumbled, his head still hanging down.

I smiled and playfully punched him in the arm, but he didn't even seem to flinch or notice at all.

"I have been trying to get you to admit that ever since I met you, and it took me and Loki flirting to make you come out with it."

"Yeah, I'm sorry," he mumbled again, but as he looked up this time. I smiled at him and took his hands, which made my hands look microscopic.

" I'm just trying to make this more enjoyable by giving it a shot, it most definitely isn't going to be a perfect relationship, it can just start off as a friendship. All I'm asking is that you try it with me. Is that okay with you?" I asked looking him in the eyes.

Thor sighed, "Yes, it is, and I'm sorry for being such a rude and stubborn person, you really are one of the kindest and most patient people I have ever met." Thor said, as a smile started developing on his face.

"Good," I turned around and pecked Loki on the cheek, "Thank you for helping me," I said to him.

"Oh, it was my pleasure," Loki said with his mischievous smile, and Thor just rolled his eyes.

"Just call me when you need help causing mischief, and I'll coming running," Loki said and escorted Sif to go take the last dance with.

As I turned around, Thor pulled me close to him, "Now then, Chantel, would you like to have the last dance with me?"

I blushed, " Of course Thor, I would be honored." I said as I laughed.

The music enemble started up another slow song and Thor and I began to dance. This time, I rested my hand on his chest and rested my head on his shoulder at times because I meant it, and now I felt that I could truly express my affection instead of holding back like I had to for so long. Thor also spun me around a lot in the air and on the ground because my skirt was so large and fanned out so much that it added a nice touch to our dance. And for the last section of the piece of music, I rested my hand and head on Thor, and we just slow danced until the end of the final, beautiful song.

This time when we kissed, it wasn't faked, it felt more natural. Everyone that was packed into the ballroom cheered and clapped for us.

Thor and I climbed up the steps to the stage hand in hand where the music ensemble was, and thanked and congratulated them.

Then as they picked up and started leaving, Thor and I turned to face our large audience of people.

Thor's voice boomed over everyone and everything as he started talking, "I just want to thank everyone again for coming out and supporting Chantel and I, it really means a lot." He said, and took a pause as everyone started cheering again. When they stopped cheering for the most part, Thor continued. "I want to tell you guys that Chantel and I are very excited to be ruling you soon and we thank you for all your support. Please grab some more food from the dining tables if you want some, and you all may head out. Thank you all again!" Everyone cheered as they filed out to take more free food and leave. As soon as everyone has left, I just laid down on the stage because I was so tired. Thor smiled down at me, but he looked tired also.

Odin and Frigga walked in, both tired, but looked excited. "We're so proud of you guys!" Frigga said. "Did you have a good time?"

Thor and I looked up at each other and smiled. "I think we had a very good time." I said.

"Wonderful!" Odin said. "Now, you two better be off to bed soon, it's getting late."

"Alright," Thor and I said together, and headed toward our chambers.

Frigga walked up to Thor and asked him if she could borrow me for a second. He agreed and I told home to go to his room, that I'd be there in just a little bit. Thor went ahead as I turned to Frigga.

"So," Frigga said, "Is he being nicer to you?" she asked with a wink.

"Yes indeed, we are going to try this whole marriage thing together, so all is well with us." I said with a grin.

"I'm so happy for you both, a lot of the time arranged marriages don't work out." Frigga said with a smile.

"Well," I scoffed, "It took Thor long enough, but he finally came around."

"Well, I won't keep you, I'm sure your tired too." Frigga said as she gave a yawn, and walked away over towards Odin.

I smiled to myself as I walked back towards Thor's room. My plan had worked and now Thor and I were going to be happy and give love a shot. Although, kissing Loki wasn't all that bad, but I'm sure everyone wants to kiss Loki, and everyone wants to kiss Thor. And now I have Thor, some people would call me lucky, and I am lucky, but I could tell already that he was going to be a challenge at times. I laughed to myself imagining everything that could happen when Thor was stubborn like that cute pouty face, or that adorable voice he gets when he's trying to be mad.

At this point, I had reached Thor's door, so I knocked and waited. I didn't have to wait more than a few seconds, I'm sure Thor was waiting for me. He opened up the door with a big grin on his face.

"May I come in?" I asked, and Thor quickly moved out of the way of the door as I ran in and threw myself onto his fluffy bed. Thor ran and jumped right on top of me.

"Thor......you're.....aggghhhh......squishing........me..."

"Oh! Sorry about that," he said, and rolled off of me. I pretended to dramatically gasp for air, and Thor just laughed.

"Hey Chantel, I have something to tell you," Thor said shyly.

"Oh? And what could that be?" I asked, although I was pretty sure I knew the answer.

"I think I'm in love with you," he said as he blushed and looked down.

I smiled and snuggled up next to him and looked up at him.

"I think I'm in love with you too Thor." I said and closed my eyes.

I felt the sheets come over Thor and I, but I was too tired to go back to my room. I heard Thor start to lightly snore almost instantaneously, and I soon followed as I drifted off into a deep and peaceful sleep.

[A/N: Hello to everyone I am so sorry that I have not posted in an uber long and that I did not turn this into a regularly summer posting book, *my long list of excuses here* but I am here now and I will try to post as much as possible, because I really do enjoy posting and I enjoy hearing what you guys think. So I made an extra long chapter as an apology, I hope you accept, thank you!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 245 13
(y/n) is a humble maid of Asgard, cleaning and tidying rooms, and attending to the general of the Asgardian Army. But, she's clumsy. When she bumps i...
1.6K 71 37
On Asgard, Odin is critically ill, possibly even dying. Odin has banished Loki to Midgard for all eternity. Odin has sent for Thor to take the throne...
27.1K 898 34
(Loki X Reader) [COMPLETED] y/n, princess of Etiof, arrives on Asgard as a child after escaping from her kingdom, helped by one of her mother's ladie...
448K 18.7K 66
{SET BEFORE THE EVENTS OF 'THOR'} - "Did you know," she said, sitting on the ground and turning to the prince, "that Midgard has an entire language d...