Ties And Fate (Book 1)✔️

By NunenaClarke

Wang Linxue transmigrated into a novel and becomes the villanous second female lead of a wealthy family. In t... More

Chapter I.
Chapter II (Arc 1).
Chapter III.
Chapter IV.
Chapter V.
Chapter VI.
Chapter VII.
Chapter VIII.
Chapter IX.
Chapter X.
Chapter XI.
Chapter XII.
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII (End of Arc)
Chapter XIX (Arc 2)
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Chapter LIV
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
Chapter LVII
Chapter LVIII
Chapter LIX
Chapter LIX
Chapter LX
Important news!!!
Chapter LXI
Chapter LXII( End of Arc)
Very Important News!!!

Chapter XLI

1.8K 45 3
By NunenaClarke

The two walked side by side on the streets whilst Wang Linxue looked around the area. Downtown was a bit crowded by this time of the day so they stuck close to each other.

She came here frequently but Xi Jinwei looked out of place. She wanted him to have a sense of normalcy instead of going to a high end restaurant. His life outside was extremely monitored by his grandfather because he would become the new Xi Successor.

She didn't know if he knew it yet though.

She saw how the people around stared at him. She also raised her head to look at him by her side as they strolled. He was a really handsome young man who was quite tall and had a cool aura about him.

But it wasn't the only thing that made people turn their heads at him.

It was also how exotic he looked. He almost didn't look Chinese but at the same time you could see he was.
She even wondered if his mother was a foreigner but it was never stated in the book what race his mother was. Only that she was very beautiful.

" Woah!"

She tripped on her foot suddenly but regained her balance. Xi Jinwei gripped her shoulders to steady her confused.

" Be careful. Where is your head at?"

He had seen her staring at him for a while now and he was quite pleased and said nothing of it. But not at the expense of her tripping.

She hesitated at this. She didn't want to rouse any emotions since she knew how his mother died. She wanted to know more about him but it was better to forget about it completely and not pry.

" Forget it." She turned her head away.

" Tell me." He turned her body towards him. Now he wanted to know what was on her mind.

" You sure?" She really didn't want to ruin this date. Affirming with his nod, she asked.

"You know you kinda look like a foreigner right?"

Not expecting that, he frowned but nodded. He knew he looked somewhat different.

" So is your mother you know, a foreigner?"

He stayed silent for a moment but shook his head. His mind was far as gripped her shoulders. Wang Linxue was about to tell him to forget it but he continued.

" My grandfather was though. My grandmother has a picture of him back at her house. How he was here in China during that time to be in a relationship, she doesn't talk about it." He shrugged and raised his eyebrow at as if to say, ' Is that all?'

" Mmhm." She didn't want to continue and smiled remembering something.

" Come on."

They entered a small rice shop where they literally sold any kind of rice you would like. There were only a handful of people here. Wang Linxue, though became a rich young lady who mostly ate food perfectly done , she still had a taste for outside food.

Xi Jinwei was surprised someone like her came out for food like this.

" Uncle!" She waved at the man behind the counter who was preparing a meal with a helper.

The man saw who called and smiled widely, " Girly, it's you. You haven't come in a while now. Where is your other friend Minxia?"

The man gestured to the helper to pick up a bowl full of ingredients to give to him. When he poured the ingredients, the helper stirred the food.

" I didn't come with her today ."

The man then turned her full attention to the pretty girl coming his way. Then saw who was with her and raised his eyebrows suprised.

" Girly. You have a boyfriend now?" He asked bluntly.

Wang Linxue was about to say they weren't yet but Xi Jinwei stretched his arm for handshake.

" My name is Xi Jinwei, Uncle." He answered smoothly shaking the man's hand.

"Wow. Very good looking. My daughter is always buying these cosmetics so she could have skin like his but only in her dreams." The man's laughed boomed in the shop. Wang Linxue laughed with him since she knew his daughter as well.

Xi Jinwei was stunned by how she acted around the man. A young mistress from a rich family always acted reserved in a way but she was so.... carefree.

He loved her even more after seeing this unable to take his eyes off her as she wiped the tears from her from laughing too hard.

" Erm, Uncle please give a good one today. Nothing spicy though."

" You got it. "

They both sat down on a wooden chair and table with a standing fan blowing at them a couple of distance away in the shop, a contrast to the fancy restaurant they would have gone to.

" You come here a lot?" Xi Jinwei asked curious.

'' Yeah. The uncle here serves the best rice. Found it when I was strolling with Minxia, that foodie. "She chuckled.

"Do you mind that we eat here today?" She tapped the table lightly in question.

" I don't mind. As long as it's with you." He murmured staring into her eyes before smirking as her cheeks rippened before his eyes while she looked away.

" Here you go braised pork over rice ( Lu Rou Fan). I'm giving it to you on the house because of your new boyfriend...." The uncle said as he placed the food on the table wiping his hand with a towel around his neck.

Wang Linxu almost rolled her eyes.' He wants something.'

" If he takes a picture with me." He finished.

" Ah." Xi Jinwei gasped as he sat there a bit surprised. " Uncle, I'm not a celebrity."

" It doesn't matter ,come on." He gestured he come stand beside him.

" Hurry hurry." Wang Linxue teased gesturing like an old woman waving her grandchild to go do something urgently.

He flicked her forehead in annoyance before getting up.

The man held his phone out to Wang Linxue before he placed his arm around the young man while Xi Jinwei smiled a closed lip smile making a thumbs up.

Taking the picture several times, she was done and handed the phone over with her hand over her mouth trying to suppress her laughter.

" Linxue." He almost growled when she wouldn't stop wheezing in laughter but he was smiling inside.

" Okay sorry. Free meal. Let's eat."

They started eating with Wang Linxue complaining she had to exercise soon after to maintain her figure or else she would be fat.

"Then you would be my little pig." He teased pinching her nose. " Before adding an  . " Oink Oink."

She pushed his hand away before continuing the meal shaking her head in disbelief that he called her a pig.

When they were done, they chatted the uncle up and Xi Jinwei who didn't like to talk much engaged as well. She thanked the uncle for the free meal while he told them to come by more often in the future.

When they left the shop it was getting late and the sky started to turn orange and somewhat bluish signalling sunset. It was beautiful as it was mesmerizing so they walked slower to gaze at it.

For some reason she was reminded of her past life.

They were both silent as they headed back to the car. Xi Jinwei who clearly had something in mind stopped prompting Wang Linxue to stare at him.

" Linxue."

"Mm."

"Would you be my girlfriend if I asked you?" He said almost quietly.

Shocked her eyes trembled before she looked down nodding. She shyly answered him," If you asked."

He breathed a sigh of relief. It meant she also felt the same way for him as he felt for her. A few months ago, she rejected his advances so he had to make sure they were on the same page on this date and that he wasn't lying to himself.

'' Ok." He would ask her very soon but not today. He wanted her to get used to him better before .

" Young Master." The body guard called out when he realized they were done with their date.

Wang Linxue was surprised. She had completely forgotten that he was following them.

" The car has been parked over here ." He gestured to Jinwei who nodded and held her palm to lead her there with him close.

Wang Linxue was led to the car gaping like a fish out of water ,her heart beating rapidly at his somewhat cold hands.' He laughed when he turned to see her expression.

'His hands were always somewhat cold. 'She noticed as she felt his larger hand holding hers.

They arrived at the Wang mansion and they both got out together as they stood in front of the gates.

"Thank you for the date, Xi Jinwei. Even if we didn't go where you wanted to." She smiled, eyes sparkling in content. Perhaps she had fulfilled a wish she had as an orphan in her past life. Go on a simple date with a guy she likes.

Xi Jinwei nodded as her stared at her quietly. He .... really wanted to kiss her right now.

" I mean, the restaurant would have been nice and it would have been an excellent date. But there's nothing like stepping outside to roam about during a date you know. It's so freeing . I'm not saying eating at a restaurant is bad, I'm just sa....."

Not letting her finish her words, Xi Jinwei suddenly bent down and pressed his lips against hers.

Soft lips that had a cold, lavender fragrance entered her mouth. Wrapping an arm around her waist, he licked her lower lips before pulling away.

With an arm around her waist he kissed her warm cheek slowly, his breath teasing her skin as she trembled. He lingered, smelling the sweet smell of flowers she had that danced on her skin.

He pulled away and stared into her eyes. He hope she liked the kiss since he had never kissed a girl like this . Before he could judge if she liked it, she bolted away into her house leaving him outside at least satisfied that he got to kiss her.

The body guard saw this and smiled. His Young Master looked happy unlike usual for the past few days. His grandfather had given him a task and was clearly stressing him out. He opened the door for Jinwei and drove off soon after.

Wang Linxue who ran all the way to her room crashed on to the bed face red.

She touched her lips almost scared that she would lose the feeling that was still there after the short kiss.
She closed her eyes for a moment before opening it again.

'Why did he have to be so...so...' She screamed in the pillow.

Jinwei, ah, Jinwei!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 14.1K 33
"If you dare to leave me, I will scrap these legs!" The angry man pointed to his long legs and said.    "If you don't go, you won't go, I won't go...
47.6K 766 170
Xiang Xiaoyuan transmigrated to a book with a male lead, becoming the male lead's stepmother. However, being seventeen and in the middle of his adole...
2.9M 110K 138
Ye Zexi transmigrated as the big villain in a danmei novel, who shares the same name as him. Then, he found out that everyone regards him as an imagi...
648K 36.3K 56
Its journey of two opposite personalities. Will they fall in love or become enemies... Let's see.... *I don't own any characters. This story is pure...