Racer's Heart©

By GWilden2023

Eighteen year old Maia Langston is-has always been-a racer at heart. Like her mother before her she wishes no... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Need for Racing
Chapter 2: Junkyard Treasure
Chapter 3: The Parent Talk
Chapter 4: Magic Touch
Chapter 5: Late
Chapter 6: Discovered
Chapter 7: Grandfather?
Chapter 8: Stolen
Chapter 9: Gone
Chapter 10: It's back?
Chapter 11: Sentiment Car
Chapter 12: Practice and Preparation
Chapter 13: Pep-Talk
Chapter 14: New Uniform
Chapter 15: Racer's Ready
Chapter 16: Family Conference
Chapter 17: Winner's Glory
Chapter 18: Their Taking My Car!
Chapter 19: Gone
Chapter 20: Enlistment Time
Chapter 21: Break-In
Chapter 22: It's Alive?
Chapter 23: No Driver?!
Chapter 24: Metal Robots
Chapter 25: Optimus
Chapter 26: SW3P
Chapter 28: Autobots
Chapter 29: Jet Attack
*quick author's note/intermission*
Chapter 30: Requiem
Chapter 31: Megatron
Chapter 32: Restoration and Celebration
Epilogue

Chapter 27: Speaking Car?

175 10 0
By GWilden2023

It all happened so fast-Maia could not make sense of it.

One second, they were rolling over the edge of the cliff at high speeds. Then the world began to spin, and she closed her eyes dizzily.

All at one there was a loud clunking sound. She waited for the crash but felt nothing-only stillness.

Opening her eyes, Maia gazed around dizzily. They were in the corvette resting on an overhang of the side of the cliff!

"We're....safe," Jacob broke the silence in a breathless voice. "We're alive!" He squeezed Maia's hand.

"Yeah, now let's get out of this car," Maia tried the door handle and thank the Lord it was unlocked. She practically fell out and almost hit the ground since she was so unsteady and shaken by the fall.

Jacob helped her to regain her balance.

I have to find out who's controlling this car! Maia then turned and faced the car, putting her hands on her hips. "Okay, whoever is controlling you better show themselves now as they almost killed us back there! I know you aren't just a regular car!"

There was silence. Maia was about to speak again when another, new and unfamiliar voice spoke up in broken English. "Fine! Give me second."

Both Jacob and Maia jumped, startled.

"Did that voice just come from the car?" Jacob whispered to Maia. She nodded her head slightly, her jaw dropped.

There was a suddenly clicking sound as the car began to shake and vibrate. All at once it furled upwards into a large red metal robot not unlike the monster that had just been chasing them!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 216 18
In which a simple, and lonely, Brooklyn Soldier tries to find his way into the 21st century, but instead breaks down the walls of a closed-off Russia...
159K 6.7K 57
Living at Cannibal Town is... well, it's definitely interesting? You get food, sure, but it's not really a safe place. So when Rio finds a flyer cake...
1.1M 19.2K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
138K 4.4K 33
A femme awakens, her past forgotten. Adopted by the local village, she struggles to find out who she is and from where she came. Join her on a journe...