RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.1) (M...

By ZANE_555

It's been a long time since Y/N step foot in Vale. He was searching for information as best he can. Until he... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 3

1.8K 40 11
By ZANE_555

(Vale's Police Station)

Y/N is sitting in an interrogation room, right underneath a bright light in the otherwise dark room. Sitting at the opposite side of the table, is Glynda Goodwitch, who is looking at a tablet she has in her hand.

Glynda: "For someone who call himself a 'regular bystander,' you sure know how to fight well."

The tablet shows footage of Y/N fighting Roman's henchmen with Ruby. Y/N just chuckle embarrassingly.

Y/N: "Yeah, well... I had a mentor that taught me about self-defense."

Glynda: "I see."

There was a moment of silence before Y/N decide to break the silence by speaking up.

Y/N: "Um... how long have I been here? I thought the police were done questioning me."

The woman looks at her watch for a bit before responding to his question.

Glynda: "It's been over 30 minutes since then. We're merely waiting for Headmaster Ozpin to show up."

Y/N: "Ozpin?"

Right on cue, the door of the room open, revealing Ozpin, holding a mug and walking inside. Glynda hands him the tablet.

Ozpin: "Apology for the long wait. I had finished my discussion with Miss Rose."

He goes to sit down in front of Y/N as Glynda stands beside him.

Ozpin: "Hello, I'm-"

Y/N: "Ozpin, Headmaster of Beacon, right?"

The headmaster smiles at this.

Ozpin: "You're well-informed."

Y/N: "Y-Yeah, you can thank Qrow leaving his scroll open. I know he works for you."

Ozpin: "I see. I'll cut to the chase, then."

Y/N was a bit confused by his remark but, he continues anyway.

Ozpin: "I would like you to attend my academy. Like Ruby Rose, I see great potential within you and-"

The headmaster gets cut off again by Y/N.

Y/N: "I'm sorry, but I must decline your offer."

Glynda was surprised by the sudden refusal and Y/N bowing his head, while Ozpin pauses for a moment before asking.

Ozpin: "Do you have a reason?"

Leaning back from the bowing, Y/N's voice speaks calmly.

Y/N: "I feel like it would be better if I didn't attend an academy. I... I don't deserve this chance. Hell, I wouldn't fit in at all."

Glynda: "That's... that's a horrible thing to say to yourself."

Y/N: "W-Well, it's... kind of true."

Ozpin: "Is there other reasons that you have?"

As he said this, Y/N ponders for a bit before he answers.

Y/N: "I mean... there's nothing special about me. Besides, if I'm going to attend an academy, I'll do it fairly and not just be given to me."

Even though this might be his chance to start a new school life that his mentor, Qrow wanted for him. To just branch out and hang out with people his own age. But he just can't do it.

Y/N: ("Sorry, Qrow.") "Once again, I'm sorry. If we're done talking, I'll be heading out now."

He heads to the door of the interrogation room. Glynda looks back at Y/N with a mixture of concern and surprise at his responses. Ozpin, however, remains motionless before he takes out some files and looking back at Y/N.

Ozpin: "You sure you want to leave with these in my hand?"

Y/N was confused by his remark. He turns around only to see the headmaster holding up a bunch of files. One of those files were from Signal Academy and another one, old and tattered, with the bold letter that said, "Omen Academy." Y/N's eyes widen as he quickly dashes towards Ozpin to grab those files only for him to stop moving and standing in place.

Y/N: "What... the...?"

He glances over to see Glynda with her riding crop pointing at him.

Glynda: "Please, Mr. L/N. Listen to what the headmaster has to say."

As she deactivates her semblance, Y/N proceed to walk back to his seat, glaring at the headmaster before asking.

Y/N: "How... How did you get your hands on them?"

Ozpin: "Oh, I got it from Qrow. He was investigating the town, Brightwell and their school, Omen Academy, for their illegal practices."

Y/N looks away from the headmaster's gaze. He knew Qrow was investigating Brightwell when he found him, but he never mentions about those worn-out files before or that he gave them to Ozpin.

Y/N: "Are you trying to blackmail me or something?"

Ozpin: "No, I wouldn't do something like that. I merely send Qrow to find Brightwell, and found these records weeks after finding you, the sole survivor of Brightwell's Grimm invasion."

The headmaster could tell that Y/N was upset as he doesn't say a word or looking at him or Glynda.

Ozpin: "Don't fret. The Omen's files on you only show your name, age, and weapon choice. The rest of the files were worn-out and burned to see and read the rest."

He motions to the part of the file that said, "Semblance and Training." He goes to look at the files more closely to find anything else before speaking again.

Ozpin: "Oh, it said here that you're quite the troublemaker, but again, the rest of the files are not exactly clear to see to elaborate further."

Y/N doesn't look back or even respond. Glynda is starting to worry more about this whole conversation. Ozpin merely look upon him, examining him, until he speaks once more.

Ozpin: "I'll be honest with you. I want you to join Beacon as a student, but also as my secret agent. Just like Qrow."

After hearing that last part, Y/N glances at Ozpin as he continues.

Ozpin: "Mr. L/N. If you were to accept my offer, then all of your past records here will be removed..."

He motions Glynda to place down a shredder on the table.

Ozpin: "And no will know about these except for me and Miss Goodwitch over here. We won't tell a soul."

Slowly, Y/N begins to turn his head to face the two adults. Ozpin then takes out a file that hasn't been burned or damaged up. The file is about Y/N's expulsion to Signal Academy. Ozpin begins to speak.

Ozpin: "You crippled your sparring partner by accident, resulting in your partner to be hospitalized."

As he said this, Y/N's eyes look away, not wanting to face Ozpin or Glynda.

Y/N: "He... He didn't deserve it. He was kind person. And yet... I... I-I'm sorry that I did this to him."

A moment of silence occurs. Glynda was surprised by Y/N's response as she thought he might be a troublemaker only to feel bad about him. A smile begins to form in the headmaster's face.

Ozpin: "Fortunately, there is a possibility for your sparring partner to make a full recovery."

This perks Y/N up as he looks at the headmaster with surprise.

Y/N: "Y-You really mean it?"

Ozpin: "Of course. I'm sure I'll pull a few strings to have that student rejoin Signal in a few weeks. That is, if you were to agree to my offer, Mr. L/N."

Despite hearing this, Y/N is a bit reluctant to agree.

Y/N: "I... I want to see some evidence first... if you don't mind."

Among the files, Ozpin hand a document paper to Y/N. He proceeds to examine the paper as it's about his sparring partner getting the best medical attention he could get as requested by Ozpin. After reading through it, Y/N felt so relieved that he was getting a full recovery and going back to Signal within a couple of week or so. Upon reading of all this, Y/N sighs in relief.

Y/N: "Thank goodness."

Ozpin: "With your help, Qrow won't have to carry the burden of completing these missions I've given him. Well, what do you say? Do we have a deal?"

The headmaster extends his hand for Y/N to shake. Y/N pause for a moment, pondering over his decision before he takes a deep breath.

Y/N: "O-Okay... I'll... I'll attend Beacon and be your secret agent. But I just want to see what Beacon is like and... if it means helping Qrow in his missions... I'll do it."

As Y/N shake his hand, the headmaster gives him a warm smile.

Ozpin: "I can assure you, your life at Beacon will be a memorable one. In addition, you'll have a new home to live."

Y/N: "What do you mean?"

Glynda: "We're quite aware of the living condition you and Qrow live in. A few cabins, staying in several inns, and visiting local bars."

Y/N: "Oh... so you know about that too."

Glynda: "If you succeed in the initiation, you'll be able to live in a dorm."

Y/N: "Oh... okay." ("I wonder, what would happen if I fail at the initiation?")

After that, Y/N gets up from his seat before Ozpin speaks.

Ozpin: "Well, now that's settled. You may leave, Mr. L/N. Hope to see you at the initiation."

Y/N: "Thank you, sir."

As he exits the room, he sees Ozpin giving the files to Glynda as she starts shredding the files via with the shredder. Outside the police station, Y/N goes to walk away, pondering over his talk with Ozpin and Glynda.

Y/N: ("I've become a student of Beacon in exchange for a full recovery and my expulsion to be revoked. I've become Ozpin's newest secret agent in exchange of those Omen's files to be shredded and help out Qrow. I'm glad that Ozpin would do this for me... I really am... but I can't tell what his true intention is. I get that Ruby girl because of her skills, but me too?)

He just sighs, telling himself to not over think it.

Y/N: ("Okay, I'm going to do my best! Third time's a charm, after all. I won't ever let it happen again. Never... again.")

Meanwhile, Glynda continues to shred the files as she looks back at Ozpin, who is drinking from his mug.

Glynda: "Professor Ozpin, you sure it was okay to lie to Mr. L/N about his files and even forging those documents about his sparring partner?"

As he finishes sipping his drink, the headmaster looks back to the blonde woman.

Ozpin: "It was necessary for him to join our side. We needed another agent like Qrow to complete these missions. Also, the rest of the Council would have Mr. L/N killed for his connection to Brightwell and Omen Academy. We need to show them that he can be useful and a productive member to the rest of the 4 Kingdoms."

He looks over the original files that he has on Y/N.

Ozpin: "That's why I made those copies to shred and not show the original ones to him."

He then examines at the original files about Y/N in both Omen and Signal Academy, pondering to himself.

Ozpin: ("What happened that made this horrible troublemaker into a well-mannered individual? Is it because of Qrow or something else?") 

(Timeskip to the Next Day)

Y/N made it to the airship heading to Beacon. He found many students all scattered around. He spots a red-haired girl wearing a spartan-like outfit standing among the crowd. He also found orange-haired girl talking energetically to a guy with black hair and a pink streak in his hair. Among the crowd, what caught his eyes was the same girl he met at the dust robbery. The thing is, she's being hugged by a blonde girl with long yellow hair and lilac eyes. He overhears their conversation.

Ruby: "Yang, please stop."

Yang: "What? I'm not allowed to be proud of my little sister?"

Ruby: "I-It's embarrassing."

The blonde girl notices her sister being fidgety.

Yang: "What's wrong, sis? Aren't you excited?"

Ruby: "I am, but I'm nervous. I didn't think I be moved two years ahead from Signal to attend Beacon."

Y/N overhear her comment, thinking she accepted Ozpin's offer as well.

Y/N: ("She went to Signal. Just like me.")

Yang: "I thought you were happy to accept Ozpin's offer."

Ruby: "I really am. And I was trying to act cool in front of Ozpin and Dad. But now, I'm... I'm not sure."

Yang: "Well, don't worry about it, Ruby. This is where you're going to blossom and make tons of friends and be the bee's knees!"

This is when Ruby shoves her sister off and comments worriedly.

Ruby: "I don't want to be any kind of knee. I just want to be a normal girl with normal knees. I just... I just don't want to be treated as special."

Yang goes to her sister and give her a sideway hug before replying.

Yang: "You are special..."

Y/N prepares himself to go approach Ruby and her sister. After a couple of deep breath, he steps forward only to almost trip in front of the two sisters.

Yang: "What the?"

Y/N: ("Shit! I messed up!")

As he did that, Ruby gaze upon him before speaking.

Ruby: "Hey! You're that guy from before."

Straightening his back, Y/N composes himself before he looks at Ruby and responding back.

Y/N: "Yep. Nice seeing you here, Ruby."

The black-haired girl was a bit confused as how he knows her name.

Y/N: "Oh, Ozpin mention you to me."

Ruby: "Oh."

Y/N: "I'm Y/N L/N and you are..."

He looks at Yang, who is watching them talk.

Ruby: "This is my big sister, Yang."

As she said this, Yang approach Y/N with a cheeky smirk.

Yang: "Hey there good-looking~. Thanks for helping my sis against those baddies."

Y/N could tell that she was flirting with him. So, he decides to change the topic.

Y/N: "Your sister? But both of you hardly look alike."

He motions to both of them before Ruby goes to explain.

Ruby: "We're half-sisters. Different moms. Same dad."

Y/N: "Ooohh..."

He kept staring at her before Yang asks.

Yang: 'What are you looking at?"

Y/N snap back to awareness before responding.

Y/N: "Oh nothing, it's just that your hair is very bright to look at."

Yang: "Aww, thanks. I think we're going to do just fine together."

As she said this, she winks at him while Y/N feels a bit embarrassed as Ruby sigh.

Ruby: "Sorry about my sister, Y/N. She's like this around guys who catch her interest."

Y/N: "I see... I hope we can get along, you two."

Yang: "Gladly!"

She proceeds to hug his arm much to Ruby's shock and Y/N's surprise.

Ruby: "Yang!"

Y/N tries to recollect his composure the best he can. He then sees Ruby looking behind him, catching his attention.

Y/N: "What's wrong, Ruby?"

She then points behind him, he turns his head to see that she's pointing at his large sword, Grimm Slayer.

Ruby: "Why do you have this weapon wrapped up, isn't that going to be difficult to draw it out and use?"

Y/N: "I... use it when I need to..."

His response baffles the two sisters and Y/N decides to distract them.

Y/N: "Hey, look!"

Ruby and Yang turn their heads to look out the airship's window.

Ruby: "Wow."

All three gaze upon Beacon Academy in sight.

Ruby: "I guess home isn't too far after all."

Yang goes to wrap her arm around Ruby's shoulder before speaking.

Yang: "Beacon's our home, now."

They suddenly hear some groaning, and they see a blonde guy hunched over nearby, running to the back of the ship.

Y/N: ("Poor guy.") "Well... I guess the view isn't for everyone."

The two sisters giggle at his comment. Y/N gaze upon the view of the school.

Y/N: ("I think I'm going to like it here... maybe.") 

A/N: Due to work and thinking over what to write next, I'll be taking a little hiatus for now. So, I hope you understand. Thank you for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.1K 904 47
I DO NOT OWN RWBY ROOSTER TEETH OWNS RWBY THERE ARE SOME FEW SPOILERS IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED RWBY YET So this is just a fanfic for the readers who wa...
12.5K 345 10
Y/N spends his time wandering around the world of Remnant, inside and outside the four kingdoms. All for the sake of practicing his Grimm slaying ski...
340K 5.3K 25
The world of Remnant is home to many mysteries and myths. Y/N one of the very few who knew the truth was highly capable to combat these threats but e...
9.9K 395 37
Here is the third volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing RWBY Series.) (Discla...