RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.1) (M...

By ZANE_555

It's been a long time since Y/N step foot in Vale. He was searching for information as best he can. Until he... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 2

1.9K 45 4
By ZANE_555

At nighttime, Ruby is walking on the street of Vale as she looks around the block, she's in.

Ruby: ("I almost forget how large the city is. It's so much more fun than at Patch, though I'm used to living there. Still...")

She thinks ponder over things the city provides.

Ruby: ("I can listen to music at scroll shops, visit cafes, check out weapon stores. And time just fly by-.")

The red-hooded girl stops her train of thought as she remembers something.

Ruby: ("Oh, right. I should get some combustion dust for Yang since she uses up all of hers last night. Not sure why she uses them in some nightclub.)

She looks around for a bit only to happily smile to see the dust shop to still be open. As she enters, she's greeted by the shopkeeper of the dust shop.

Ruby: "H-Hello..."

Shopkeeper: "Hm."

She goes to check out the dust from the small several shelves.

Ruby: ("Combustion dust... Combustion dust... hm?")

Only for something in the magazine shelves that catches her attention, a magazine about weapons.

Ruby: ("The latest issue of Weapon Magazine! Awesome! I'm sure I have some time to read just a few pages before getting some dust for Yang.")

Several moments later, Y/N managed to reach the dust shop, Dust till Dawn. To his surprise, he doesn't detect any police officers or pro Huntsmen around the area.

Y/N: "What the?"

He readjusts himself to look fine before heading to the dust shop. As he enters, he's greeted by a multitude of dust of all types along with the shopkeeper himself. 

Y/N: "H-Hi."

Shopkeeper: "Hmm."

Y/N couldn't fathom that there were no authority figures around this area, considering that the White Fang had been stealing dust after dust in Vale recently. As he walks around the shop, observing the many dust the shop has, he notices a red-cloaked girl with headphones on, who is reading a magazine.

Y/N: ("Huh... she looks familiar, somehow... but where? Cool cloak, though.")

Moments later, Y/N heard the shop's door open. He goes around the corner, expecting to see Adam and his men, but it wasn't them. Instead, he saw a ginger-haired guy with bowler hat. 

Along with him are a bunch of goons wearing red glasses behind him. Y/N quickly gets a magazine himself and goes to read it, all while he glances over at the unexpected visitors.

Y/N: ("Wait... Aren't those Junior's men?")

After taking out the cigar from his mouth, the ginger-haired man speaks to the shopkeeper.

Bowler hat man: "Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a dust shop, this late at night?"

As he said this, one of the henchmen pulls out a gun at the shopkeeper as Y/N begins to tense up a bit as he tries to calm down, realizing that the ginger-haired man is Roman Torchwick. Hands in the air, the shopkeeper stutters in his voice.

Shopkeeper: "P-Please. J-Just take my lien and leave-"

Roman: "Shhh, shh, calm down, we're not just here for your lien. Grab the dust."

As he said this, the henchmen get to work, taking all the dust around the shop via using several cylinders to take the dust from the tube containers on the walls.

Y/N: ("I hope he called the police before they had showed up.")

One of the henchmen places an open case on the display to the shopkeeper. Slowly, the shopkeeper proceeds to fill the case with the dust crystals as Roman takes a red dust from his hand and putting it in his pocket. Another henchman appears out of the corner of a shelf and notice both Y/N, who's pretending to read a magazine and Ruby, who's unaware of the situation due to her headphones. The henchman unsheathes his sword, pointing at them.

Henchman #2: "Alright kids, put your hands where I can see them."

Y/N puts his hands up before speaking.

Y/N: "No dust here. Only magazines."

He chuckles a bit but, the henchman is unamused by his remark. He then turns to see Ruby remain motionless.

Henchman #2: "Hey! I said hands in the air!"

Ruby doesn't respond back which irritated the henchman as he approaches her.

Henchman #2: "You got a death wish or something?!"

The man turns her around, her hood dropping to reveal her surprised expression, still wearing her headphones. As the man look furious at her, he motions her to lower them, which she does.

Ruby: "Yes?"

Henchman #2: "I said, put your hands in the air, now!"

Ruby: "Oh! Nice weapon you got there."

Henchman #2: "Did you not here what I just said!?"

Ruby merely looks at the man with confusion before turning her gaze to Y/N.

Ruby: "Is he robbing this place?"

Y/N was quick to respond.

Y/N: "Well, this guy and a whole bunch of them."

Ruby: "Ooohhh..."

Meanwhile, the ginger-haired man waits for his men to finish the robbery only to see one of his men fly past him, landing near the shop's front window. The man motions for another henchman to handle Ruby, raising a gun at her and Y/N.

Henchman #1: "Freeze!"

Cut to outside the dust shop as Ruby dropkick the henchman, crashing through the window in a flash.

Roman: ("A semblance?")

He and the other men look outside the broken window to see Ruby getting up and unfolding Crescent Rose into its scythe form. As he scowls at her, Ruby smiles back at them before twirling her weapon, striking into the ground and turning off her headphones. Y/N seeing this scene unfold, quickly get out the dust shop via the front door and stand near Ruby.

Y/N: ("Another scythe user?") "Cool weapon."

Ruby: "Thanks!"

Y/N: "Well I got to leave, bye."

Ruby: "Already!?"

The bowler hat-wearing man just look at the two before speaking.

Roman: "Okaaay..."

He looks back at his remaining men.

Roman: "Well, get them!"

Y/N: "Wait, me too?!"

The henchmen head out of the dust shop and dash towards both Ruby and Y/N. Ruby spins around on top her scythe and kicks the first approaching criminal in the face. She gets Crescent Rose out of the ground and fires it off to hit another one with the end part of her weapon, sending him flying. Y/N takes out Crimson and Violet and proceed to use them as blunt weapons as he proceeds to hit a henchman in the back of his head. Two other henchmen goes to attack him only for Y/N to kick in the gut and hitting another in the chin. Ruby fire her scythe and brings the side down on one attacker and dodges the other's gunfire with her rifle's speed, getting close enough to knock him into the air and follow him upwards so she can beat him away to the Roman's feet.

Ruby: "Nice move there. And weapons."

With a smirk Y/N looks at Ruby.

Y/N: "Thanks."

The ginger-haired man looks at his knockout men.

Roman: "You were worth every cent. Truly, you were."

He then turns to both Y/N and Ruby as he drops his cigar and crushing it with his cane as they hear approaching police sirens in the distance. He continues speaking.

Roman: "Well, Red and... uhm... you, I guess? I think we can all say it's been an eventful evening, and as much as I'd love to stick around..."

He goes to raise his cane and opens the bottom to reveal a rifle with a cross grid.

Roman: "I'm afraid this is where we part ways."

He unleashes a blast from his cane. Both Ruby and Y/N prepare to dodge it only for the blast to explode mid-air.

Roman: "What the hell?"

He then notices a blonde woman with glasses with her riding crop at hand, standing behind Ruby and Y/N. They turn to look at the woman as she walks past them to confront Roman.

Ruby: "Wow! A huntress!"

Y/N: "A huntress?"

Roman: ("Shit. A huntress.")

He slowly backs away as the blonde woman speaks, adjusting her glasses a bit.

Blonde woman: "Roman Torchwick. You're under arrest."

Roman remembers the red dust he has.

Roman: "I'm not so sure about that."

In quick session, Roman takes out the red dust, throwing it at them.

 Y/N: "Look out!"

The woman extends her riding crop and the dust suddenly stop in mid-air. Roman then shoot the red dust, causing an explosion which push them back. The explosion causes a smoke screen. By the time the smoke cleared up, Roman was nowhere in sight. The woman looks a bit agitated from the crime boss's escape until, Ruby quickly approaches her, with stars in her eyes.

Ruby: "Can I get your autograph?!"

The woman just glares at her, and Y/N intently. Y/N nervously chuckle as he speaks.

Y/N: "It was self-defense, I swear."

______________________________________________________________________________

(Xiao Long/Rose Household)

In the brightly lit living room, Ozpin is sitting at a chair as he shows both Tai and Yang the footage of Ruby taking down Roman's goons via the tablet he has in his hand. The headmaster turns towards Ruby.

Ozpin: "I thank you for your heroics, but I advise you to get a Huntress license. Vigilantism is technically illegal."

Yang gets up from the couch, jumping to Ruby's defense.

Yang: "What? Is she going to jail for helping people?"

Tai: "Yang, stop. If it weren't for Ozpin, the authority would have arrest Ruby."

The headmaster merely glance at the blonde girl, who sit back down. He responds back.

Ozpin: "Well, not technically."

He looks at Tai.

Ozpin: "That's why I'm offering a place for her in Beacon, where she can get an official huntress license so her actions would be completely legal."

The blonde man's eyes widen a bit from his statement before speaking back.

Tai: "N-No. Ozpin, you can't be serious. Ruby only needs 2 years to complete her training at Signal Academy."

Ozpin: "I'm aware of that. But she clearly possesses abilities far beyond her age would suggest, Tai. She's even shown to be quite capable."

He motions to the footage of Ruby's fight against the henchmen. Ruby steps into the conversation.

Ruby: "Oh, you could thank Uncle Qrow for training me, right Yang?"

Yang: "Yeah!"

Tai rubs his head slowly before he looks back at his daughters.

Tai: "Girls, leave the room."

Yang: "Oh, come on-"

Tai: "Now!"

Reluctantly, Ruby and Yang leave the living room. Unbeknownst to the two adults, the two sisters instantly made the decision to eavesdrop on their conversation via pushing their ears against the door. They overhear their father and headmaster arguing.

Tai: "Oz. I don't want her to end up like Summer."

Ozpin: "I know you don't. I regret for what happened to her too."

Tai: "Oh, really now?"

Ozpin: "I get that you blame me. You have every right to be mad. I miss her too."

Gritting his teeth, Tai gets up from the couch, looking down at the headmaster.

Tai: "You have no idea what it was like to lose her!"

Ozpin just look down at floor, his expression visibly upset.

Ozpin: "Believe me. I know more than you can imagine."

Tai: "Then you know why Ruby can't go until she's ready. I... I don't want her to become a target because of-"

The headmaster cuts him off as he also gets up, noticing the two sisters eavesdropping on their conversation. He then takes Tai at the far corner of the living room before continuing, whispering to him.

Ozpin: "I can assure you, Tai. Her silver eyes would place no more target on her back than that of any other huntsmen."

Tai doesn't respond, merely looking down at the floor. Meanwhile, the two eavesdropping sisters were wondering why they were unable to hear their conversation as they whisper to each other.

Ruby: "Did you hear anything, sis?"

Yang: "Nope. I don't why they suddenly went qu-"

Ruby: "Yang? What is... it..."

They then notice their father looking down on them, glaring at them with the door slightly open. The sisters nervously chuckle.

Ruby: "H-Hey, d-dad."

Tai closes his eyes and taking a deep breath before opening the door and letting them both back in the living room. Tai looks at Ruby, asking her.

Tai: "Ruby... Do you really want to go to Beacon?"

The black-haired girl would ponder for a moment before looking back at her father with a smile.

Ruby: "More than anything."

Tai would look over his shoulder at Ozpin, who was checking a message on his scroll. Noticing Tai's gaze, he responds to Ruby.

Tai: "Okay... you can go."

Ruby: "Yes!"

Ozpin: "Well, it's settled then."

The headmaster slowly gets up from the chair and head out to the door.

Ozpin: "I'll be taking my leave. I have someone else to discuss with."

Ruby: "Headmaster, wait!"

The man turns around to see Ruby as she continues.

Ruby: "What about... that guy who was fighting with me? Is he alright?"

Ozpin gives her a smile before responding.

Ozpin: "Not to worry. Mr. L/N, is merely being questioned at the police station by Professor Goodwitch about what happened. He's not in any trouble at all."

The black-haired girl felt relieved, considering they were abruptly separated since the dust robbery. As the headmaster left the household, Yang walks up to Ruby from behind, hugging her.

Yang: "I can't believe you're going to Beacon with me! This is the best day ever!"

Ruby: "Y-Yeah..."

As Yang let go of the hug, she continues.

Yang: "So, who's this guy that was fighting with you?"

Ruby: "Oh. He... uh... I forgot to ask his name."

Her older sister just smiles.

Yang: "Oh, I'm sure he'll be fine. As for you, you got to get ready for Beacon."

Ruby: "Y-Yeah!" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 61 21
Dying Mercenary OC x Blake Belladona (This is my 1st RWBY story. Please don't go rough on me) A corrupted and ancient power has resided within the bo...
14.3K 285 9
An evil plan revealed. A terrible truth uncovered. Even after they had stopped Roman in his heist, Team RWBY aren't convinced it's over and with the...
14.8K 460 35
Here is the second volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing Series) Disclaimer: I don't own RWB...
61.1K 904 47
I DO NOT OWN RWBY ROOSTER TEETH OWNS RWBY THERE ARE SOME FEW SPOILERS IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED RWBY YET So this is just a fanfic for the readers who wa...