Bitter truth

By _Minaaz_20

Fatima a 25 years old doing her PG as a CS (cardiac surgeon). She is trying to run from her past but What hap... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70.
Chapter 71.
Chapter 72.
Chapter 73.
Chapter 74.
Chapter 75.
Author's Note

Chapter 30.

670 25 0
By _Minaaz_20

It's been a week after that. Fatima didn't saw her mother once as she was shifted to VIP room and no one was allowed except Hasan and two nurses. Aziz made sure that Fatima was no where near her mother. Aziz even told to switch the CCTV cameras as it was invading their privacy.

Bilal met her only once after that and that to before they were leaving. He gave his number to Fatima and said that she can call him anytime. Fatima was still uncomfortable around Bilal but not like before.

Hasan was making sure that she was alright and was not thinking something unusual about her, especially he was making sure that she was not blaming herself for anything.

She was getting nightmares again and Hasan didn't knew about any of these. She didn't tell him. She usually get panicked in her sleep and get up with cold sweats on her forehead. She didn't scream in her sleep so Hasan didn't know any of these.

It was night and Fatima again woke up with a nightmare breathing heavily and getting panicked. She look at her side and got scared for a moment but tried to compose herself. She slided herself near Hasan and buried her face in his chest.

"Hey what happened?" Hasan asked stroking her hairs. She flinched hearing his voice and moved away from him.

She sat on the bed looking down, fidgeting her fingers, Hasan sat infront of her and held both of her hands.

"Nightmares?" He asked in a low voice drawing circles with his thumbs.

Fatima just nodded still looking down.

"I thought you weren't having any, was it the only one from past 3 weeks."

She shook her head.

"From when?"

"1.. week." She said in a low voice.

"Talk to me luv."

"Please..I don't want to. I..promise I'll tell you but..please not now. Please don't..be mad at me I'm sorry please just.." she was saying further but got cut off in between.

"Relax relax you know I'll never force you in any thing. Don't tell me anything I'm absolutely fine and I'll never get mad at you Jaan. No need to force yourself, just don't stress about anything. Everything will be fine sweetheart."

She nodded. "Can..I please..hug you."

"Why would you even take the permission come here." He said wrapping his hands around her. Gently caressing her back and stroking her hairs. She felt calm in his embrace.

"Fathi." Hasan said in a low voice.

Fatima looked at him.

"Why didn't you wake me up. I told you to wake me up if you get any nightmares."

"I didn't want to burden you. I know how much you are over working in hospital. I know you are getting so tired. So, I thought I'll disturb your sleep because of my stupid nightmares."

"Fatima, how many times should I tell you this, that you are never a burden to me and your nightmares are not stupid and stop neglecting your health. If you again get nightmares wake me up without thinking twice. Understood?"

Fatima just nodded in response.

"Fatima, I can't listen your nods."

"Ye-s" she stuttered. It was the first time Fatima was getting scared of him. His voice was scaring her. She was just looking down at her hands.

"Now sleep Fatima."

"Ok-ay." She said and without wasting a single second she was trying to sleep.

Fatima was trying so hard from half an hour to sleep but she just can't sleep until she hold his hand. She was scared of Hasan, she was thinking why he even got mad at her.

'maybe because I disturbed his sleep' Fatima thought.

She was just laying in the same position from past 1 hour. Her back was facing Hasan. It was around 5am she slowly got up without making a single sound. She tip toed herself and went into the washroom.

She did her buisness and did her ablution and went out. To her surprise Hasan was not there. She looked around and he was not there. She sighed and sat on the bed. Tears started escaping her eyes and rolling down her cheeks.

After crying for 5 minutes she stood and offered her Salah. Tears were countinously rolling down from her eyes in her Salah. She was blaming herself for Hasan's behaviour. She thought she was getting too much dependent on him.

She sat on the prayer mat while spacing out in her thoughts. It was around 6:30 she didn't realised until she heard a knock on the door. She got up wiped her face to get away from her dried tears. She went near the door and opened it.

"Assalam ul alaikum Fatima. Are you fine?" Hania asked with worried expression.

"Walikum as salaam yes." Fatima said in a low voice.

"What happened to you. Talk to me."

"No no it's nothing I'm fine."

"Everything will be fine rosy. I don't know what's going on but know that I'll always be there for you. Don't stress out and come let's go and eat breakfast."

"Thank you so much hania." Fatima said with a smile.

"No problem. Come let's go."

"But Hasan.."

"Bhai already went to hospital. Didn't he tell you?"

"No. Maybe because I was sleeping."

"Yeah, maybe." With that hania dragged Fatima to the dining room.

Fatima greeted everyone and sat on her seat. It was her first time eating breakfast without Hasan. Her thoughts were disturbing her, she just want to see Hasan. Even though she knew he was mad she still wants to be with him. She knew that he will never hurt her but she was still blaming herself for his behaviour.

"What happened bete?" Laiba asked with concern looks.

It took few seconds for Fatima to come back in her senses.

"Um.. Nothing ammi." She said in an extremely low voice.

"Why are you not eating?"

"I don't feel like eating."

"Why? Are you stressing about something?" Laiba asked worried.

"No no I'm fine."

Laiba was still not convinced with her answer but she let it go. They all went to their respective rooms. She was getting ready to go to hospital with that a message popped up on her screen. She looked at the message and her eyes started brimming with tears.

"Don't come to hospital today."
It was the message from Hasan. He was really acting so strange. He was never like this. It's almost been 7 months of their marriage but Fatima never saw this side of him.

He always care for her and do what ever she ask. He was acting so strange today. She was getting so tensed. Her tears were rolling down uncontrollably. She wiped it and messaged him with an okay.

She didn't ask anything because she thought she would disturb him. She was getting little scared of him because in her past when ever he get mad it usually ended up with broken bone and uncountable bruises. The thought made her shiver.

She sat there spacing out. She decided to cook so that she can take her mind off from Hasan. She was trying so hard to remember what might she had told him to get him angry but she found none. She came to conclusion that maybe because she disturbed his sleep.

She was just cursing herself for making sound and waking him up. If she didn't held his hand it wouldn't have happened. With her thoughts she went in the kitchen. She told the cook to take a leave for today as she will cook today.

She started making lunch and dinner. It was around 2pm and most of the work was completed. She was now making a sweet dish as it was compulsory in their house to have atleast one sweet dish at the time of dinner.

"What are you doing here?" She turned around to look hania.

"Making lunch and dinner."

"Can I ask you the reason and why didn't you go to hospital are you fine?" Hania asked approaching her.

"Yes yes I'm fine."

"As if I'll believe you. Anyways come let's go outside for some time."

"Where?"

"Just some mall or park."

"Okay, give me half an hour I'll make this and come with you."

"Okay. I'll help you."

They both did the final touch up and went to their room to change clothes and get ready. Fatima got ready within 15 minutes but she was pacing in the room.

"Hasan did you had your lunch? I'm going with Hania to a mall." She messaged him.

She went down in the living room and sat on the couch waiting for hania to come. She got up and went to laiba's room and knock on the door lightly. Laiba opened the door.

"What happened bete? Come in."

"I need your permission."

"Of what."

"Actually hania and I decided to go to mall so can we go." Fatima asked fidgeting her fingers nervously.

Laiba kept her hand on fatima's. She looked at laiba with a smile.

"Yes, bete you can go and from next time no need to get so Nervous."

"Thank you Ammi."Fatima said with a genuine smile.

Laiba hugged her out of no where. It took Fatima a second to hug her back. Tears started rolling from her eyes. She tried to held it back but was of no use. Laiba was just patting her back.

"Everything will be fine bete. Don't stress yourself." Laiba said breaking the hug.

Laiba sensed that something was wrong with her.

Fatima just nodded looking down.

"Faaatttiiimmmaaaa." Hania was shouting from down.

Laiba and Fatima chuckled and went out of the room. They both went down in the living room where hania was there.

"There you are.." " oh..!! Mother daughter time." Hania said with a smirk looking at laiba and Fatima.

"Someone is jealous." Fatima said with a smile.

"I'm not jealous."

"I never said your name." Fatima said with playful smirk.

Hania rolled her eyes and laiba just chuckled at their interaction.

"If you are done with your savage replies can we go." Hania asked.

Fatima grinned at her and said yes.
With that they left after saying bye to laiba.

It was around 8pm. Fatima and hania returned. They were extremely tired. They went to mall from there to restaurant then to park and finally back to home. To their surprise haya was also there. Fatima messaged Hasan multiple times but she didn't got any response.

After eating dinner with everyone Fatima went to her room. Well she barely touched the food. She offered her prayers and was pacing in her room. She called Hasan but still no response. She started getting worried. It was around 12.

She called again and again still no response. She called safa, even she didn't answer. She went panicking to laiba's room and knocked on the door. Laiba opened the door.

"What happen bete?" Laiba asked worried.

"Ammi.. Hasan didn't came till now." Fatima said with tears.

"First come inside bete." Laiba said taking Fatima in her room. She made her to sit and gave a glass of water.

Hadi was sitting on the bed and laiba and Fatima on couch.

"Now tell me what happened?" Laiba asked calmly.

"I called Hasan multiple times but he is not answering. I even called safa and she isn't picking up either. It is almost 12 and he was never this late before." She said in one breath still panicking.

"I'll go and check." Hadi said.

"Wait. Maybe he is doing surgery. So let's wait for sometime. If he didn't return we can go and check. Okay." Laiba said to Fatima. She just nodded in response.

"Bete take some rest. I'm sure he will come in an hour don't worry."

"Sorry I disturbed you." Fatima said in a low voice.

"It's not a big deal bete and now go and take some sleep."

Fatima nodded and went back to her room after saying goodnight and bye. She was pacing in her room and she started feeling tired. She sat on her bed and made a call to Hasan. Still no response. Her eyes started getting heavy and she looked at her clock.

It was already around 1am. She was feeling so tired and her head was spinning like a ball. Her eyes were shutting. Without realising she slept while sitting. Her head was leaning on the headboard and her legs were crossed and she was holding her phone.

It was around 2:30 Hasan came back. He opened the main door and to his surprise laiba was sitting there on the couch.

"Assalam ul alaikum Ammi." He said sitting beside her on the couch.

"Walikum as salaam where were you?" She asked in a Stern voice.

"In the hospital." He said casually taking the water from jug.

"And you didn't even feel right to inform any of us that you will be late."

"What happened ammi? You know sometimes we get emergency patient and it wasn't the first time so why are you angry and why didn't you sleep yet." Hasan asked calmly.

"Yes, it wasn't the first time for us but it was for Fatima. Do you even have any idea how worried she was because of you. She was panicking and crying and why didn't you pick her call. She called you numerous time but no you won't have time to just say that you will be late."

Hasan was feeling bad and guilty.

"I'm sorry this will not happen again."

"Go and say sorry to your wife."

"Did you forgave me?" Hasan asked with a smile.

"Yes." She said returning the smile.

"Thankyou ammi love you." He said getting up.

"Did you had your dinner?"

"Yes ammi."

"Okay now go up fast it's already so late."

Hasan nodded at her and started walking on the stairs. He opened the door after sighing. He just stood on his place looking at Fatima's state. He went near her without making a single sound.

There were dried tears stains on her cheeks and her eyes were a little swollen. Hasan was just feeling so bad but he was also fighting with his own thoughts though. He took her phone carefully and put it on the side table.

He placed his hand under her neck to make her sleep comfortably, but as soon as he touched her she flinched badly and shot her eyes open.

"Relax relax it's just me." Hasan said in a low voice moving a little bit away from her.

She just looked at him and without wasting a single second she wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him. He hugged her back and started caressing her back.

"Hasan are you fine?" She moved a little and asked in a worried expression.

"Yes yes I'm fine Jaan. Let's sleep now we can talk tomorrow." He said looking in her eyes.

She just nodded in response. But she flinched again.

"Ye-s." She said in a low voice looking down.

Hasan hugged her tightly.

"I'm really sorry please don't get scared of me and don't force yourself for verbal answer it's totally your wish. I'm sorry."

Fatima just nodded in his embrace.

"Now sleep Fathi you must be really tired."

"Have you ate something?"

"Yes yes I've. Did you ate?"

"Yes."

"Really? How much?"

"I wasn't hungry."

"I knew. Do you want to eat now?"

Fatima just shook her head.

"I'll change and come you sleep fathi."

"Okay."

Hasan kissed her forehead and went to washroom. He came after 5 minutes and saw that she was already asleep. He offered his Salah and went to his side to sleep. He pulled Fatima closer and slept while interlocking his one hand with hers and another wrapping around her. Even though she was asleep she snuggled in his chest which made Hasan's face lit up. He kissed the top of her head and slept peacefully.

It was around 5:30 Fatima groaned due to alarm sound. She tapped on the side table to make the sound stop. Well she succeeded. She turned around on her bed and saw his calm and peaceful face. A smile crept on her face seeing him. She kissed his cheek gently and got up from the bed. She went to washroom did her business and ablution. She went in her walk in closet and wore some decent clothes.

She went to him and started brushing his hairs with her hand.

"Hasan get up."

"Hasan."

"Get up fast."

"5 minutes fathi." He groaned and turned the other side.

"Hasan it's already 5:45. You will be late for Salah. Get up hubby."

Hasan opened his eyes and smiled at her. He was just looking at her as if she was the most beautiful thing in the whole world. She blushed under his gaze. A smirk was formed on his face.

"Stop staring at me and get up." She said while moving a little away.

He grabbed her wrist gently and pulled her little and she landed on his chest. She gasped a little and was moving away but he wrapped his hands around her waist pulling her more closer.

"Hasannn.."

"Yes Jaan." He said with a smirk keeping some strands of her hairs away from her face. She was blushing hard.

"Leave me.. It's already late." She said in barely audible voice.

"What if I don't."

"Our Salah will be missed." She said while looking the other way.

"Ohh..!! I didn't think about that."

"Now, will you leave me and get up."

"Yes your highness but."

"But?"

"After I get my kiss."

"You mean now."

"Um hmm."

She gulped and was blushing hard.

"You will leave me then."

"Yes."

She looked at him shyly and kissed his cheek gently and moved away quickly.

"Now leave me."

"What was that?"

She looked at him confused.

"What you asked for. Now leave me Hasan it's getting late."

"Do you think I'm a kid."he said pulling her more closer. Their faces were just inches apart.

"Hasannn."

He smirked at her and loosened his grip on her. It took a moment for Fatima to come back in her senses. She noticed he loosened his grip so she immediately sat straight. Hasan was just laughing at her seeing her flushed state. She stood up and took the prayer mat and started offering her Salah. Hasan also went to washroom and offered his Salah after coming back.

____________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 8.1K 38
-one woman can be enough to crush a corrupt politician's heart- "You look so scared of me," he chuckled in dark amusement, getting up from the couch...
3K 345 32
Meet Jonathan Anderson and Vanshika Williams!!😊😊 " Do you like me?" Vanshika asked him. " Yes I like you." Jonathan replied. " Do you love me?" Van...
15.2K 827 48
Ridhimaa returns home after two years, completing her postgraduate. She decided to enjoy her vacation with her family. One day she goes to market wit...
600 62 6
Abhi popped the question, Pooja said 'yes'. She believed they were meant to be, but her to-be mother-in-law thought otherwise. Will Pooja be able to...