REBORN: As a Mom & a Wife βœ“

By raindrop_bubblegum

Karthik&Meenakshi In the heart of South India, traditional customs still hold sway, including the practice of... More

β€’ Synopsis
β€’ 01
β€’ 02
β€’ 03
β€’ 04
β€’ 05
β€’ 06
β€’ 07
β€’ 08
β€’ 09
β€’ 10
β€’ 11
β€’ 12
β€’ 13
β€’ 14
β€’ 15
β€’ 16
β€’ 17
β€’ 18
β€’ 19
β€’ 20
β€’ 21
β€’ 22
β€’ 23
β€’ 24
β€’ 25
β€’ 26
β€’ 27
β€’ 28
β€’ 30
β€’ 31
β€’ 32
β€’ 33
β€’ 34
β€’ 35
β€’ 36
β€’ 37
β€’ 38
β€’ 39
β€’ 40
β€’ 41
β€’ 42
β€’ 43
β€’ 44
β€’ 45
β€’ 46
β€’ 47
β€’ 48
β€’ 49
β€’ 50
β€’ 51
β€’ 52
β€’ 53
β€’ 54
β€’ 55
β€’ 56
β€’ 57
β€’ Epilogue
!!New Story!!
Bonus 01
Bonus 02

β€’ 29

8K 484 40
By raindrop_bubblegum

Night 8:00pm, Madurai:

"Stop right there" Savithri came out with carrying a big pumpkin and lit a camphor on it and started doing aarti of them.

"Rajamma, throw this aside" Savithri gave that pumpkin to a servant and let them inside the house.

"Patti, where is Chitti?" Meenakshi asked as soon as she entered the living room.

"She is upstairs" Savithri said to her. Meenakshi and Aditya along with sleeping Kushi went upstairs to meet Yamuna.

"Was it necessary?" Karthik asked as himself got comfortable on the sofa.

"It WAS necessary because my son always ENJOYS being in danger" Savithri sarcastically said to him.

"Really?" Karthik rolled his eyes. His parents are still opposing his job after so many years.

"You are correct aunty. He is everytime in danger. Like he and danger are best friends" Arun supported Savithri to scold more.

"I know right. This guy thinks as if he is some sort of hero and forgets he is a human" As Arun wanted Savitri started scolding Karthik.

"Leave that aside. What happened to your beard? Want to join sanyasi??" Savithri saw Karthik had grown too much of beard.

"Even my time will come" Karthik mouthed to Arun and smirked.

Arun shivered seeing that smirk. "Evil"

"How are you, son?" Savithri finally cooled down and turned towards Arun and asked him.

"I'm good aunty. How are you?" Arun said to her with a small side hug.

"I'm fine son. It's been months you should have contacted us" Savithri hugged him back.

"I wish to aunty. But this son of yours will not leave a single day without giving me work" Arun sobbed infront of Savithri.

"I know I know. He is just like his father. Stupid" Savithri consoled him.

Karthik saw the drama going on between them and face plam himself.

"mama!!" a child's voice shouted loudly from the upstairs and started running towards Karthik.

Karthik smiled seeing the little kid infront of him and opened his arms to hug him.

"mama, I missed you!" The boy jumped and sat on Karthik's lap and hugged his tummy tightly.

"I missed my lil champs too" Karthik laughed and ruffled the boys hairs.

"Arjun, get down. He is injured da" A lady who was around Karthik's age, dressed in a chudidar walked down the stairs slowly while keeping one hand on the rail while other on her big baby bump.

Meenakshi walked behind her. Kushi was feeling drowsy so she made her sleep in that crib in their room and came down. Seeing Meenakshi, Arjun ran towards her and hugged her legs. Meenakshi ruffled his hair and picked up him in her arms.

Aditya was about to get down with them when a servant came near him and said "Aditya sir, Elder Master is calling you inside his study"

"Ok" Aditya said and left to study room which was on second floor.

Karthik saw Aditya leaving behind the servant to the second floor. He thought it might be because of his admission in University.

"You are fool da" Yamuna came near Karthik and smacked his head. Karthik laughed while rubbing his head. It was nothing new to them. Literally it's less now, when they were attending college together Yamuna beat him more then this.

"So how is my another Lil champ doing?" Karthik came near her baby bump and asked the baby inside.

"Great" Yamuna beamed a bright smile which reached her eyes.

"You guys talk. I will arrange the table for dinner" Savithri said them.

"I will help you, Patti" Meenakshi said and left with Arjun to help Savithri.

"Where is Siva mama?" Karthik asked her as Yamuna took a seat beside him.

"As usual. Just with his last minute work. Will reach a day before my baby shower" Yamuna said as leaned comfortably on the sofa.

"Really? Work is more than his pregnant wife?" Karthik asked while getting irritated.

"Saying who actually did" Arun murmured but they both heard it.

"Exactly. Saying who left his wife in labour to do the duty. My husband is better he was there was me" Yamuna hi-fi with Arun and lectured Karthik for talking bad about her husband.

"It's different. I'm a police officer and he is the director of the company" Karthik scoffed at them. He still regretted not being beside his wife during labour.

*Ring*

"Excuse me" Arun left the living room and went to back yard to receive the call.

"Don't be gloomy. You know one thing?" Seeing Karthik like that Yamuna didn't like it.

"What?" He is still mad at her.

"You don't have to do video call if you want to see me from next month onwards!" Yamuna said excitedly.

"What?" Karthik asked confusedly.

"As you know my in-laws recently built their company in Coimbatore right? And it's still unstable so my father-in-law wants his second son to look after the company until it's secure and can continue being Director from here only" Yamuna explained to him.

"Waah, good to hear it" Karthik was happy that he finally can see his sister whenever he wants.

"What good to hear?" Divya came down and sat opposite to her siblings. She took a apple on the table and started eating it.

"What's with you hair and clothes?" Karthik asked seeing Divya with messy state. Wearing shorts and a loose t-shirt with a crow nest on top of her head. She was no less then a homeless creature.

"Is it some kind of fashion?" He asked her again.

"Be a final year fashion student!" Divya forcefully took a bite of the apple and looked at her siblings.

"Do fifteen embroidery designs, do different kitting designs and sewing a whole new designer outfit by end of this month! I will look like this only right! Bear it till end of the month" Divya took another bite of apple and glared at her both siblings.

"Divi, it was Ok if it's just us. But we have a guest now. So... the dress you are wearing is inappropriate" Yamuna said while a smile plastered on her face. But for both of them heard: "Girl keep your business with you we have a guest so just don't show your beggar face"

"Who is that important guest? That you are considering me as a pig!" Divya stood up on the sofa and shouted.

"Sir, I thi---" Arun blinked his eyes to see whether what he is seeing now is real.

Arun came back from the back yard. He needs to return to Coimbatore as he had some issue going on in his home. He thought to inform Karthik before departing.

Divya's eyes met with Arun. She stood straight on the sofa adjusted her glasses, got down from the sofa. She naturally walked till the stairs, when she stepped on first stairs she suddenly ran in lightning speed to her room and locked herself.

"You made a fool out of yourself, Divi" Divya leaned against the door and started cursing herself.

"He must think I'm some pig!" She in frustration fell on bed and did air kicks to let go of her embarrassment.

***
*Ahem* Arun cleared his throat and went towards Karthik.

"Sir I think I should leave now" Arun said while keeping Divya image aside in his head.

"This early?" Karthik asked him.

"Yes da. It thought you would be there for my baby shower" Yamuna said in disappointment.

"Sorry Akka. But some issue came up and I need to attend that. But I will come as soon as my work is done there" Arun said to her.

"At least eat dinner" Karthik said to him.

Arun looked upstairs near Divya's room and then looked at Karthik, who was already glaring at him. "I think I should leave now"

"Yes you should!" Karthik immediately agreed with him.

Arun laughed seeing Karthik in that state. But liked how Karthik is still protective to his sisters.

He went towards the kitchen and informed about his dispatch to Savithri and Meenakshi.

Savithri asked him eat to dinner which he kindly refused but when Meenakshi also stated insisting, he ate the dinner and left the place.

"Is Aditya still talking with thatha?" Meenakshi saw the upstairs seeing the study room door is still closed, she thought they both are having a deep discussion.

"I think so" Yamuna said and sat on the chair near the dining table.

"Sir, Master is calling you inside the study room" a servant came near Karthik and informed him.

"Ok I will come" Karthik said and left the place.

"Was it that serious?" Yamuna asked worried seeing Karthik also leaving to the study.

"I don't know" Meenakshi said as she saw the back of Karthik.

Karthik knocked on the door and went inside. He saw Aditya stood beside his father and was staring at the laptop screen without blinking his eyes. Aditya had a different emotions which Karthik didn't understood.

"You called me?" Karthik stood infront of the desk.

"Come here and see this" Kumarswamy had a stren face.

Karthik went beside him and looked the screen. His eyes widened seeing a man and woman with a girl inbetween them laughing and posing to the photo.

"What the hell is this. Who dare to first our family!" Karthik voice was dipping in dangerous tone.

"It's not fabricated nor its photoshopped. He himself sent me this" Kumaraswamy said and sighed in disappointment.

"I know it must be someone. Anna, can't do this. He won't do anything without saying you, right?" Karthik said and saw Aditya who was controlling his tears.

"He is a 48 year old man, Karthik. He is old enough to do anything" Kumarswamy said but his voice was hurt.

Who wouldn't be disappointed when a nephew of yours whom you raised as your own son took a big decision without saying a word to you.

"We can talk right? I know he will listen to you. After all he belongs to Legacy" Karthik again tried to convince his father.

Kumarswamy didn't say anything. He opened an audio file and played it.

"Hi chittappa. How are you? I must be a bad human being right? When my brother got married. I didn't attend nor I sent congratulations. I must be a bad elder brother to my only Thambi. When my niece gave birth to a cute baby as a maternal uncle I never did anything. I must be a bad uncle to her, well she don't even know my existence. When my dearest sister died... I couldn't even attend her funeral as her twin. I am worst younger brother, right?

I know Chittappa what I did was not fair at all. When my own parents left me and my sister alone you and Chitti took us under your wings and took care of us as your own children. I was happy when I heard people saying I have the best family. Mother, father, sisters and brother. I had everything.

When we reached eighteen and legacy started to talk about the heir, the next CEO. Suddenly people started saying that I and Karthik would fight for the CEO position. I was angry when people started to raise a fight within us. And that time I heard this one 'They say blood is thicker then water. But they don't know money can make that blood thinner'. 'We know that current CEO just took pity against the former CEO childrens'

That day I just want to punch those peoples and say my Chittappa isn't like that. But the talk about Karthik being the next CEO gone up. I some what left happy and relief. Because if being seated in CEO position causes problems in our bond I don't need that. And I started to plan my own start up.

Then one fine day, you announced me as the next CEO, making everyone shut their mouths. Everyone were happy when you announced it. And then suddenly you brought a marriage proposal. Without any choice I married her and we had Aditya. We never loved each other. I and Kamini just did our duty as a couple. Then we divorced as we thought we are burdening eachother.

When I divorced her I felt as a little burden is lifted. Then I finally decided to let go of that burden which was hunting me down. I write down my shares to Aditya and left to overseas.

I know Chittappa. I'm a coward right? I left everyone in a mess. But I don't want to be tied to that burden anymore Chittappa. I want to be free from that burden.

Today, I messaged you after a long time to inform you that I no longer want to come back. I always felt lucky to have you guys beside me. But I want to end this now. The guilt I am carrying through the whole time. The guilt of not being able to fulfill the role of a son.

Chittappa, my company is running well and last year I found a woman who understands me well. She is also a divorcee and a single mother. That's why I want to serve our ties till here. I don't want to return to India. Thank you for everything Chittappa. You and Chitti never made me feel lonely. Thank you.

And Aditya.... I'm sorry"

The room was pin drop silent. Kumarswamy leaned against the chair and closed his eyes. Karthik don't know what to say and saw Aditya crying silently. He saw Aditya making fist to control his anger.

"Aditya!" Karthik shouted when he saw Aditya running away from there.

Karthik chased him, but Aditya was a step ahead and closed the door.

Hearing the loud sound everyone stopped their work.

Meenakshi jumped hearing those sounds and looked Yamuna who also jumped in fear. Savithri was worried and started walking upstairs.

Meenakshi helped Yamuna and went upstairs.

"Aditya, open the door!" Karthik banged on the door continuously. He suddenly had different types of ideas.

"Adi. Please da open the door" Karthik tried to talk nicely.

"What happened Anna?" Divya came out hearing Karthik's voices and saw him banging on Aditya's door.

"Aditya locked himself in the room" Karthik said to her and again started banging the door.

"What's happening? What happened to Aditya?" Savithri was worried when she saw Karthik banging on Aditya's room door.

"Stop it, Karthik" Kumarswamy said in his usual stern voice.

"But Appa, Aditya.. he locked himself. I don't know what he will do to himself" Karthik said. He was scared, Aditya was in teenage who can think about any dangerous things.

"He won't. He is not a coward like his father" Kumarswamy said to him and went near the door.

"Aditya, what happened to you is unfair. But you remember right I'm still alive? Take your time" Kumarswamy said and asked the other to leave the place.

Meenakshi was confused. Seeing her confused and worried face Kumarswamy asked everyone to come in the study room. Which was safety for them to talk.

Everyone went and sat in the study room. Meenakshi stood beside Karthik.

"Ennanga, what's happening. Why did Aditya locked himself in room?" Savithri asked as soon as they went inside.

"Every child would cry when their parents abandon them" Kumarswamy said to her. Meenakshi didn't understand what he was trying to say.

"What are you talking, Appa?" Yamuna asked him.

Kumarswamy explained everything to them. For a second he felt like he made decisions without asking them first.

"I think after Anna and Anni's death. Everything changed. I am not good for being a head of the family" Kumarswamy stood near the floor to ceiling window and looked at the full moon.

"It was not your fault" Savithri stood beside him and said to him.

"Is Raaj anna happy with his new family?" Divya asked out of mind. She still can't believe her 'Raaj Anna' did this.

"By his message he was" Kumarswamy said to her.

"Then that means, Anna won't come back" Yamuna said. A tear slipped down. She missed those days when those five siblings would laugh out their hearts out.

"I think so" Karthik said.

Meenakshi stood straight. She doesn't remember Raajan getting married to another woman in her previous life. All she remembered was around this time, her father brought his another family with him.

"Let's go back to our rooms. We have a work tomorrow" Kumarswamy said to them. One by one everyone left to their rooms.

***
"Where are your parents Aditya?" A teacher asked a 16-year old Aditya.

"Aditya, you know right, it's PTM?" The lady teacher politely asked him.

"Mam, he doesn't have parents" a male teacher who sat beside her whispered into her ears.

"My parents are still alive and I'm not an orphan!" Aditya shouted making the teachers flinch in fear.

Karthik stood near the door and saw his nephew's behaviour. He dragged Aditya by his collar who was leaving the room and made stand beside him.

"I'm sorry for his misbehaviour, mam" Karthik said to them and made Aditya to bow his head down to apologise to them.

"You are?" The male teacher asked them

"Karthikeyan. Aditya's Chittappa" Karthik gave a polite smile.

"Oh Aditya's guardian" that female teacher said.

***
"I am just a mistake done by my parents. I'm just a burden to everyone" Aditya was crying so hard that his eyes became puffy.

"Let me wash my face" Aditya got up from the floor and went to the bathroom. He tapped his face with a towel and saw himself in mirror. His skin was glowing after crying so much.

Turning off the lights in the bathroom, Aditya sat on the sofa and looked at the photo near the side table. It was a family photo. Like all family of three would take. But in that picture no one smiled, only that boy was smiling.

"I'm just unwanted" Aditya murmured.

*Knock* *Knock*

Aditya saw the clock on the wall, which was saying twelve thirty. 'Who might be at this hour'.

"Adi, it's me".

He heard Meenakshi's small voice. He had a different emotion but chose to keep quiet.

"Adi, please da. Open the door".

This time he heard a hurt voice of Meenakshi. Without thinking much he went to open the door.

Meenakshi gave a big smile seeing Aditya and showed the tray in her hand to him. "I brought food"

"I'm not hungry" Aditya said lowly.

"Are you some robot? You haven't eaten anything in the afternoon too!" Karthik came out of nowhere and stood closely behind Meenakshi.

"I just.. don't want to eat" Aditya said it but his stomach made the grumbles sound.

"At least your stomach is being honest" Karthik said.

Aditya didn't say anything, he just walked and sat on the sofa. Meenakshi looked at Karthik to help her. She can't see Aditya like this.

"Let's go" Karthik said to Meenakshi.

They both went inside the bedroom and sat near Aditya.

"Today Patti made your favourite. Chapati with vendakkai poriyal" As she opened the plate covering over the food.

"Why are doing this?" Aditya asked in a low voice.

"Huh?" Meenakshi didn't understand.

"Why are you doing this to me? I'm just a burden-- uhmhh" Meenakshi stuffed his mouth with a big piece of chapati.

"It's tasty right?" Meenakshi asked him seeing Aditya munching on it.

Aditya didn't say anything and nodded continuously. He was hungry!.

Meenakshi smiled and fed him. Aditya also ate without saying a word.

"You still need some?" Meenakshi asked him as he took the last bite of his fourth chapati.

Aditya shook his head negatively while drinking the water from the glass. Meenakshi kept the plates in the tray and got up to wash her hands in the bathroom.

Aditya's tummy was full and he cried so much that his eyes were tired. He thought to sleep but the person infront of them wasn't ready to leave.

"You guys won't go for your room?" Aditya finally asked seeing his uncle and aunt not moving from their place.

"We will" Karthik got from his place and went towards Aditya.

"What are you doing!!" Aditya was shocked when Karthik pulled him up and hugged him.

"Chittappa leave!" Aditya was so embarrassed. He doesn't know when Karthik hugged him last. 'Was it when he won first place in sports in his seventh grade?'

"You used to like it whenever I hugged you" Karthik said while patting his back.

"Whatttt! That was when I was a kid! Now it's different. I'm grown up" Aditya said till trying to push Karthik.

"You are still a kid to me Aditya. Even if you get married you are a kid to me. Remember one thing, you were NEVER a burden to us" Karthik said slowly while rubbing Aditya's back to cool down.

When Aditya heard what his uncle said he burst out into tears and hugged Karthik tightly. Those words made him feel comfort to his wounded heart and being in Karthik hug made him feel warm and protected.

"I'm not a burden to you guys?" Aditya looked up and asked Karthik.

"Nope not at all" Karthik ruffled his hair. This time Aditya didn't hate it. He liked it.

"Why?" Aditya again asked him.

"Why, Why?" Meenakshi came near them and glared at Aditya.

"We love you. That's why!" Meenakshi smiled and wiped his tears.

Aditya looked at both of them. Being with his uncle made him feel protected like father and being with his aunt made him feel cared for and love like mother.

"What are you staring at?" Meenakshi asked him.

"Nothing.."

Aditya finally realised. He wasn't unlucky. He was always lucky from the birth, because he had his Chittappa beside him. Now he has his Chitti too.

"Chittappa, Chitti... I'm sorry" Aditya broke the hug and looked at both of them.

"Today onwards I will be your responsible. Take a great care of me. And.. " Aditya looked at both of them, with a lightning speed he hugged them. Which made Meenakshi to stumble but Karthik got hold on her.

"And I love you both!!" He hugged them tightly and laughed happily. 'I shouldn't think about the past where they didn't care. I have a people who care about me, who love me..'

Meenakshi and Karthik broke into a smile and hugged him back.

***
"He looks cute when he is sleeping" Meenakshi said while she stood near the bed and stared at sleeping Aditya.

"Yes" Karthik said while encircling his arms around her waist and rested his head on her shoulder.

"He must have cried a lot" Meenakshi said as she saw the puff near Aditya's eyes. She leaned into Karthik's arms and kept her hand on his.

"Yeah, so much that he slept while hugging us" Karthik said irritatedly.

Aditya hugged them first so they waited till Aditya to broke the hug. But even after fifteen minutes Aditya didn't moved. So Karthik broke the hug, only to see Aditya was already asleep while hugging them.

It was easy to lift Aditya as he is still a skeleton with skin covering over it. But due to Karthik's injury he had little difficult to place him on bed.

"You must have spent a lot of childhood with him right?" Meenakshi asked him.

"Yes. But still he felt lonely.." Karthik said while he remembered those days when Aditya would still awake as he didn't see him.

"No problem. Let's make Adi as our son, mama" Meenakshi said as she turned to face him.

"Our son?" Karthik asked her again to confirm it.

"Yes. Can we?" Meenakshi looked happy into Karthik's face.

"Ok. At least I don't have to have a son as my second born" Karthik said as he leaned to kiss her lips.

"What do you mean?" Meenakshi didn't understand and stopped him in middle from kiss her.

"If we have a son as our second born. He will get all your attention from me. But now we have a son who is all grown up to mind his own business. So I'm all good to have my wife full to me" Karthik said as he took her hand in his and started kissing the fingers.

"Second born?" Meenakshi asked him. If he plans now, it will be difficult to manage both babies.

"Not now. Kushi is still a baby. When she is three or four we will decide another one. Only if you are ok with it" Karthik said as he knew why Meenakshi asked him.

Meenakshi looked at Karthik's eyes. She is happy that she got reborn.

"mama?" Meenakshi called him as she was staring directly into his eyes.

"Hn" Karthik also started at her eyes. Those pitch black eyes always attracted him.

"Did I said you this today?" Meenakshi asked still staring at his honey brown eyes.

"What?" Karthik asked as he pulled Meenakshi by her waist towards him.

"That.. I love you" Meenakshi said and pulled him near to her face by his collar and kissed his lips.

Karthik was a little taken aback but seeing her kissing him has improved from last time he got excited and took over her.

Under a full moon light, they both kissed like a couple crazily fallen in love with eachother at first sight.

*****
Hello guys!!
Hope you guys like it!!! 😊❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 590 169
Author: Chaos Egg/ζ··ζ²ŒδΈ€ι’—θ›‹ Category: Danmei novel Status: 569 Chapter(Finished) Introducing: Wan Xiangxiang was riding the last subway train when it su...
455K 9.7K 51
Two girls are exchanged at birth and are given to the wrong mothers and after 13 years the truth comes out Rosabella Rossi is different from her sist...
99.2K 3.8K 22
❝ π˜ͺ𝘡 𝘸𝘒𝘴 𝘒𝘭𝘭 𝘒 𝘭π˜ͺ𝘦. ❞ ― 𝐒𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑 . . πšŒπš˜πš›πš’ πšœπš πšŠπš— πš•πšŽπšŠπš›πš—πšœ πšπš‘πšŠπš πš•πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšŠπš—πš πš‘πšŽπšŠπš›πšπš‹πš›πšŽοΏ½...
674 71 9
"Sometimes I feel like a doll. Breaking inside, piece by piece. Cursed for its beauty" For every prayer she sent, she only got misery. She lived her...