CHOSEN ✓ AVATAR

By AnAprilAries

In this alternative universe, Jake Sully was born on Pandora in the Omatikaya Clan under the name Tsyeyk. Aqu... More

CHARACTERS
CHAPTER 001
CHAPTER 002
CHAPTER 003
CHAPTER 004
CHAPTER 005
CHAPTER 006
CHAPTER 007
CHAPTER 009
CHAPTER 010
CHAPTER 011
CHAPTER 012
CHAPTER 013
CHAPTER 014
CHAPTER 015
CHAPTER 016
CHAPTER 017
CHAPTER 018
CHAPTER 019

CHAPTER 008

309 14 0
By AnAprilAries

CHAPTER     008
-----------------------
TSAHEYLU

~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~

WALKING DOWN THE LARGE SPIRAL OF HOMETREE, I WAS A LITTLE AMAZED AT THE SIGHT OF ALL THE PEOPLE WALKING AROUND DOING CHORES OR THE LITTLE KIDS PLAYING AND RUNNING AROUND.

So much harmony and peace brought a smile to my lips.

When I woke up, I couldn't find Neytiri or Tsu'tey or Tsyeyk anywhere, so I decided I'd better go downstairs and search the common area. So far I have been unsuccessful and when I try to approach someone to ask, the Na'vi just walk away or ignore me completely. I don't blame them, but they could be a little nicer at least.

I made my way through the common area to the outside expecting to find Neytiri around Hometree. Focused on my mission, I didn't realize the moment when several children began to surround me or laugh around me, trying to get my attention, I think. Ignoring them, they started to pull or touch my tail, and when they least expected it I turned around and hissed at them with my arms outstretched at either side of me like I was some huge roaring animal. The children squealed in amusement and walked away, trying to contain their laughter, including me.

A throat clearing sound behind me made me turn quickly and when I did, I found myself face to face with Neytiri. She watched me with crossed arms and a raised nonexistent eyebrow.

"You are late"

"I'm so-"

"Come" she turned around and walked to the outside of hometree, leaving me speechless.

I heaved a sigh and followed her without question. So far, it seemed that Neytiri would be the same as Grace with me, of course without the insults maybe, at least not ones I can understand.

She led me to an area a bit away from the hometree, where the creatures yesterday's warriors surrounded me in seemed to be eating nectar from the flowers in the small field. There were other Na'vi around us tending to some of the creatures. They didn't pay the slightest attention to us and continued with their business when they saw us pass by, as if we were invisible.

Neytiri motioned for me to wait a few seconds and then she approached with one of those creatures, holding it by a rope tied around it's snout. The creature is very similar to a horse, with clear physical differences such as the six legs and the fact that it has no fur. But quite similar after all.

"This is a Pa'li, very noble and kind creatures" Neytiri told me, caressing the Pa'li's neck and whispering lovely words to it.

"It's beautiful" I smiled, getting closer to it.

The Pa'li ​​didn't seem very comfortable with my approach at first, so I backed off, waiting for Neytiri to calm it down before trying again. I extended one of my hands and gradually brought it closer to it's muzzle, allowing it to assimilate my scent and define if I meant danger or not. I waited for a few seconds until the Pa'li ​​finally whinnied and pushed it's muzzle into my hand, making contact and making me smile.

"There you go" I whispered, getting closer and caressing it. "What's it's name?" I asked Neytiri without taking my eyes away from the sweet creature.

"Pa'le is female" Neytiri said from behind.

"Pa'le. It's nice to meet you" I smiled and patted her neck softly. She seemed to like it, because she nudged her face to my side.

"Get on" Neytiri ordered me, distracting me from the little moment with Pa'le.

I walked up to her side and with effort pushed myself on her back, looking for a way to sit comfortably. When I did, Neytiri extended me what looks like some kind of antenna from which those little pink tendrils came out from the end. Naturally, I took my braid from the end showing my own little tendrils.  Remembering what Norm told me about the way the Na'vi use them to connect and coexist with the world around them. I brought the little tendrils closer and let them intertwine with each other.

Pa'le's response distracted me for a moment, but Neytiri steadied her while I processed all the things I felt at once. It was as if someone else was inside this body, but at the same time as if we were one.

"That is Tsaheylu, the bond" she explained "Feel her. Feel her heartbeat" I closed my eyes, letting myself be enveloped by the sensation and feeling the connection between me and Pa'le. Our breaths and heartbeats perfectly synchronized "Her breath. Her strong legs. You may tell her what to do, inside" Opening her eyes, Neytiri touched her fingers to her forehead "For now, say where to go" she stepped back, giving us some space.

I held still for another few seconds, allowing myself to fully feel this connection and really understand what it's all about. Neytiri says that I can tell her what to do inside my head, which makes me understand that it's a bond that goes beyond the physical, is more mental and spiritual.

I took a few seconds to regulate my breathing and take it all in, not wanting to upset Pa'le with some thought that might scare her. Neytiri didn't say anything about it, she kept quiet giving me my space and I thanked her because all this is so new to me. Even if I'm here for only one reason, I would like to make the most of what they can teach me.

After all, Grace told me that the way they live and coexist is very special. Something that is difficult to describe.

When I was confident enough to try and ride, I opened my eyes and got ready, but before I could say or even think of anything, the noise of several gallops and calls distracted me causing me to startle Pa'le, who ran hard forward and because she took me by surprise the sudden movement made me fall to the ground with a thud. Getting mud everywhere.

The laughter was heard and looking ahead I found Tsu'tey and Tsyeyk on two Pa'li ​​looking at me as if I'm the best joke in the world. I groaned under my breath and stood up, trying to clean the mud from my body the best I could.

"That you call riding?" Tsyeyk mocked with that same smug smile that he seemed to dedicate only to me "You sky people are pathetic" they both laughed.

They don't know how much I want to throw myself at him and give him some good punches, maybe break his nose.

"You should go away!" Tsu'tey told me.

"Nah, you'll miss me too much" I gave them a teasing smirk "I knew you could speak English" I pointed to them both accusingly.

"She will learn nothing, look at her" Tsu'tey said to Neytiri, who came back from retrieving Pa'le "A rock sees more than her"

Whatever he said, made Neytiri smile but by the way he was looking at me, I knew they were making fun of me, again.

"We should give her the benefit of the doubt" Tsyeyk spoke, crossing his arms and staring at me "I bet she will quit after her first day of training in the forest " he then smirked at me again, showing his fangs with cockiness.

How I wish I could understand them so I can know what they are saying and stand up for myself.

"I bet she will quit in a week" Tsu'tey answered him, making Neytiri grin and shook her head.

"Alright kids, go back to your duties" she told them exchanging knowing glances and patting Tsu'tey's Pa'li ​​on it's rear.

They ran off laughing and again, I was left alone with Neytiri and Pa'le. I turned so I could see her face and with a raised eyebrow I asked her what they had been saying, to which she wiped her smile and ordered me to get on Pa'le with a shake of her head.

"Again" I let out a sigh, but nodded and went back to Pa'le. Like before, I got on her back with some effort and when I was comfortable I did the Tsaheylu with more confidence than before.

I took my time to reconnect in the same way as the first time and when I was sure of myself, I told Pa'le with my thoughts to start trotting slowly. And she did it, without letting me fall and going at a slow speed so that I could get used to it little by little. When I felt more comfortable I asked her to go a little faster and do a few laps around the small field.

"Neytiri, look at this!" I exclaimed proud of myself, laughing with joy for having managed to ride a Pa'li.

Then I walked over to Neytiri and made Pa'le circle her calmly. Even though she tried to hide it, I could see a glint of pride in her eyes.

"Very well, but there is a lot more that you have to learn to ride a Pa'li" I stopped Pa'le and Neytiri trotted over to another Pa'li, getting on it and doing Tsaheylu before coming up to me. "Come" and she took off on her Pa'li.

I followed her without question into the forest, trusting in my abilities and the bond I formed with Pa'le.

The rest of the day was spent riding the Pa'li ​​through the forest, jumping and even had a race. I was able to prove to Neytiri that I was good at this and that I was really willing to learn. She said that despite my performance today, we will continue to practice with the Pa'li ​​later, but for my first time I had done well for a sky people.

That night, the dynamic between us was more bearable. We were able to talk a bit more and I even teased her a bit, getting a few smiles from her now and then that she tried so hard to hide.

By bedtime, I was feeling great and looking forward to returning to my human body to document my experience today.

[>>>]

"It's the most weird and incredible thing I have experienced so far" I told her, while helping her clean some guns. "It's like you're sharing your mind with someone else."

"Sounds creepy to me" she replied, wrinkling her nose without taking her eyes off the gun.

"I know it sounds like that but the way I could communicate with her without talking was just something else" I admitted with a smile.

That morning I had decided to visit Trudy in the hangars and let her know that I'm alive after the mission two days ago. She said she was happy to not have a death on her report (joke) and found it incredible that the Avatar was still alive after spending a night on Pandora. That's when I proceeded to tell her what had happened to me and how I survived. We got into conversation and since she had things to do, I offered to help her while we continued talking.

Despite knowing her for a couple of days, Trudy is a person who instills confidence in me, so I feel comfortable telling her about all this. And even if she doesn't show it, she's enjoying it.

"What does Augustine say about it?" I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the mention of Grace.

"She's breathing on my neck all the time, asking me questions and reminding me that I have to document everything. Norm has also been assigned as my teacher" I groaned.

Don't get me wrong, I like Norm. But since I've been chosen by the Na'vi to learn their ways he snaps at me all the time and has this annoyed tone of voice every time I ask him a question. It's starting to get on my nerves.

"He's the lanky man, right?" I nodded. "I think he's just jealous" she shrugged.

"No shit" I replied sarcastically "He treats me like it was my choice to be chosen by them. They almost killed me the moment I stepped foot in their home"

"He'll get over it soon" she said.

"But it's not just him. I have to admit that I'm not entirely upset by Grace's new curious and inclusive attitude, but such a sudden change doesn't happen overnight for no reason, don't you think?" she paused for a minute, thinking my words over and choosing what she will say next carefully.

"I agree, maybe you should ask her and clear your doubts" I scoffed.

"I know for a fact that she won't tell me shit, Trudy" now she was the one that rolled her eyes.

"Not directly, dumbass. Be smart and figure a way to get information" I looked at her for a few seconds, assimilating her words. "Besides, maybe someone else there knows what's gotten to her" she shrugged.

Her suggestions cleared my mind and now I knew what to do. From the moment I told her that I had been accepted by the Omatikaya and saw the change in her behavior, I knew that there was something else there and that something is the real reason why she refrains from treating me as she did before.

I need to know what it is.

"Well, It was nice talking to you Chase, but I have have to take my baby for a flight, it's protocol" she stood up, brushing off some dust from her aviator suit.

I put the gun aside and also stood up, smiling slightly at her.

"Don't worry, I should go back and link already. Village life starts pretty early and Neytiri gets mad if I'm late" I shrugged.

"Good luck out there, sweetheart" she winked at me and smiled.

"See ya, Trudy" I turned around and left the hangar, walking towards the link room quickly to avoid earning a reprimand from Grace.

A/N:

HEY GUYS, I'm so sorry for the delay, but I've been kinda busy these days.

I just wanted to tell you that the first 14 chapters are kind of the introduction of Aquila and the story, from chapter 15 is where the story gets exciting and deeper.

So if you're patient, I hope you can stay and enjoy what's coming for all this characters. Specially Aquila and Tsyeyk, obviously.

Also, thank you very much for the 247 reads!

Besos y abrazos.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 3.5K 30
At a young age, Tahlani was banished from the Metkayina clan by the two people she loved, never to return again. Being a hybrid, born of the Metkayin...
12.5K 817 11
A young Na'vi child lost everything to the RDA, including his sight. But Eywa blessed him with specially tuned senses, and he survived the wilds of P...
70K 1.4K 21
Tanhì, twin sister of Sylwanin must find a way to look past the sky people's wrong doings to her spieces in order to teach an immature dream walker h...
143K 3.4K 40
||UNDER EDITING|| Y/n watched as the stars shot across the sky, her eyes reflecting each one. Neteyam however, we'll there was a sky full of stars, b...