Elizabeth

Par General_Kenobi_FAN

Elizabeth "Lilibet" Gilbert has just adjusted to becoming a vampire when she and her younger sister are kidna... Plus

Elizabeth Gilbert
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By The Light of The Moon
Daddy Issues
Flashbacks
Crying Wolf
A/N
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Poll
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lie Dying
A/N

The Descent

4.4K 97 17
Par General_Kenobi_FAN

"This is what is best for him!" A blonde man shouted, but all Elizabeth could see of him was his back and his longish blonde hair. In the words of Bonnie, however, it was a hot back and he had a British accent that had her experiencing all kinds of sinful thoughts. Facing him, and inadvertently Elizabeth, was Elijah, but he had long hair and medieval clothing on.

"No, it is not. How is Finn supposed to meet the one who bears our crest if he is daggered?!" Elijah argued and Elizabeth wondered who Finn was and then did a double take as she remembered Trevor said there were four Mikaelson brothers. Was he the fourth?

"If we don't keep him like this, he won't be alive to meet them. He'll die by his hands if we let him go free!!" The blonde argued and Elizabeth could see a flash of pain go over Elijah's face at this before he sighed.

"Very well, brother. We will keep him there until one of us finds her." Elijah agreed and the blonde relaxed his posture slightly. Next, Elizabeth's vision swam as she began to wake up.
__________________

Elizabeth shot up with a gasp and looked around her room. There was no one there, but the window was open and a soft breeze blew through it. She grabbed her phone off the nightstand and opened it, her face going pale as she read the text Damon sent.
__________________

Black Cat: Trevor's bite came back and it's worse.

Lily Flower: what? How?

Black Cat: no idea, Trevor and Rose have no idea, either.
__________________

Elizabeth bit her lip and got dressed, thinking as she did so. Trevor had mentioned that Klaus wouldn't harm her while they were watching Empire Strikes Back and she wondered if she went looking at the information that Cody had, would she be able to ask for Klaus's help with Trevor?

She winced at that thought because only Elijah had promised Trevor wouldn't die by his hands, Klaus had made no such promises, and he wouldn't help Trevor because of his past betrayal. Then it occurred to her, what if she asked Elijah for help?

She hurried downstairs and saw that Jenna was going through a box full of documents.

"Whatcha doing that for?" Elizabeth asked and Jenna glanced up with mischief in her eyes.

"This is for that author I met yesterday. He's staying at the B&B just outside town. Would you run this to him?" Jenna asked and Elizabeth nodded, remembering how she was supposed to help Jenna yesterday and didn't. 

"Great, you'll like him. He's charming and easy on the eyes. His name is Smith, Elijah Smith." Jenna winked at her as she carried two boxes out to Elizabeth's car and Elizabeth carried the other two. After Jenna walked back into the house, Elizabeth wondered if Elijah Smith was the cover name Elijah was using.

If it was, then Elizabeth was in luck, she decided as she got in the car and drove to the B&B. When she got there, she got out and went into the office.

"Is Elijah Smith staying here?" She asked, politely and the landlady Mrs. Flowers nodded warmly, if a little blankly.

"Yes, dear. He's in room 3, working on his new book. Should I let him know you're here?" She asked and Elizabeth bit her lip as she steeled her nerves. She needed to ask Elijah about werewolf bites before the legend could possibly mean that Trevor would lose his life so soon after gaining his freedom.

"Yes, tell him that it's Elizabeth Gilbert and I have the documents from the historical society in my car. I'd like to talk to him, offer my knowledge on the town." She finally said and Mrs. Flowers went to talk to Elijah Smith. Elizabeth tucked her hair behind her ears and listened to the conversation and sure enough, Elijah's smooth, deep voice jumped out at her.
__________________

"Yes, Mrs. Flowers?" He asked and she could hear Mrs. Flowers shifting at the door.

"Elizabeth Gilbert is here with the documents from the historical society and she would also like to talk to you." Mrs. Flowers answered and Elizabeth was surprised to hear a jump in Elijah's slow pulse.

"Send her up and I'll help her get the documents out of the car after we are finished up here." Elijah told the landlady and Elizabeth could hear her footsteps coming back towards Elizabeth.
__________________

"Right this way, dear." Mrs. Flowers said, leading Elizabeth through the B&B to the room Elijah was in. He was sitting at a desk and got up when she walked in, looking as if he was drinking the sight of her in and that the sight of her gave him more substance and life than human blood ever would.

"Do you two want me to fetch you some tea?" Mrs. Flowers asked as Elijah moved away from the desk and stood in front of Elizabeth, his brown eyes staring at her with all the heat of the sun.

"Yes, please!" Elizabeth answered, quickly as she looked away from Elijah's passionate gaze, feeling like she'd be burned by its intensity. Elijah felt a little disappointed, but reminded himself that while he had waited over 900 years for her, she had only found out about himself and his brothers recently.

"Alright, I'll leave you two alone while I go make the tea." Mrs. Flowers said before leaving the room, leaving Elizabeth alone with Elijah.

"Can we talk?" She asked and Elijah nodded, looking as if he was unsure of what to say.

"Yes, Elskan, what can I be of service for?" He asked, moving to sit down on the ottoman at the foot of the bed.

"I want to know about werewolf bites." She said, biting the bullet and sitting down next to him. Elijah looked surprised and then concerned as he looked her over.

"Have you been bitten, Elskan?" He asked, looking terrified at the prospect and she hurriedly shook her head no.

"No, I was almost bitten by one last night and Trevor saved me, but he ended up being bitten instead. It had healed, but now it's back. Will he live? Is there a cure?" Elizabeth asked and Elijah looked to have a mix of emotions on his face.

On one hand, he was relieved that his Elskan hadn't been bitten. Niklaus's blood wouldn't be a cure unless the curse was broken and she would have died from the bite before that could happen.

On the other hand, he was furious that his and his brothers' beloved had almost been taken from them by a werewolf bite and he was grateful to Trevor for intercepting the bite. He looked at Elizabeth's earnest face and hopeful eyes and sighed before shaking his head.

"I'm afraid not, Elskan. The temporary healing was only the toxin absorbing into the blood and skin. The toxin will then cycle through the vampire's blood until every part of the body is affected. The only cure at this point is euthanasia." Elijah admitted, feeling guilty at the heartbroken look on her face. He didn't understand why she felt so deeply for Trevor, but he hated the sight of her pain.

"He just got his freedom and now he's going to die?" Elizabeth's voice was small as she imagined telling Trevor and Rose about this.

"Sadly, yes." Elijah said, grabbing her hand and patting it as Mrs. Flowers brought the tea in and put it on the table.

"Here you are, dears. Have a nice chat." She smiled at them before leaving and Elijah stood up and began preparing a cup.

"How do you prefer your tea, Elskan?" He asked as she collected herself and glanced at him.

"Just with sugar." She answered and Elijah nodded before adding some sugar to the cup and moving to hand it to her before going back and making himself one. He sat back down as Elizabeth took a tentative sip at hers.

"Is there any other questions you had, Elskan?" He asked, sipping at his tea and deciding that he preferred Earl Grey to whatever this was.  Elizabeth twisted her daylight ring and Elijah's eyes caught the movement as he thought about asking and decided to do it.

"Do you mind terribly if I ask you something?" He asked and Elizabeth turned to look at him.

"No, why?" She asked and Elijah took another sip of tea before asking his question.

"How did you become a vampire and who turned you?" He asked and Elizabeth hummed before taking a sip of her own tea.

"It wasn't that long ago, actually." She admitted, softly and she put her tea down before twisting to look him in the eye. Elijah put his own cup down and listened as she began to tell him.

"My dad and stepmom had a family game night every Friday. On May 23 of last year, Elena was invited to a party that her friends and at-the-time boyfriend, Matt Donovan, was attending. My dad had told Elena she couldn't go so she snuck out and went anyway. At the party she got drunk and into an argument with Matt. She called crying and asking for a ride home, I had just broken up with my college boyfriend and I decided to go with my parents to pick her up. On the way back, as we were driving over the Wickery Bridge, the car went over the bridge and into the river. I hit my head on the front passenger seat and passed out so I don't remember everything, but I woke up in the inn outside Richmond. Someone had pulled me out of the water and because I had taken in too much of the water, I drowned after I got some vampire blood in my system." She informed him and Elijah looked strange.

"Who turned you?" He asked, wondering if her sire was the one who rescued her and realized that it must be why she didn't want to turn them over to him.

"You have to promise me that you and the others won't hurt them." Elizabeth insisted and Elijah thought that his hunch was accurate. She wouldn't feel this strongly if her sire had murdered her.

"I promise, Elskan, that your sire will not come to any harm by myself and when the others come, I will inform them that they are not to be harmed for turning you." Elijah swore and Elizabeth took a deep breath, remembering that Rose had said Elijah was a man of his word.

"Damon, my sire and the one who saved me is Damon Salvatore." She admitted and Elijah frowned for a second, but honored his vow. Damon would remain unharmed for turning Elizabeth, he would make sure that Finn and Kol knew that as well. He then decided to ask another question as she took a sip of her tea.

"Are you and him courting?" Elijah asked and Elizabeth choked on her tea, sputtering in disgust at the thought.

"No! Damon is my cousin-slash-many-times Great-Uncle. I'm descended from his younger half-brother and he's like an older brother." Elizabeth managed after she got her breath back. Elijah looked relieved and a smile stretched across his face.

"That is reassuring news." He said and Elizabeth thought about the strange dream she had had, but decided not to mention it. She instead just sipped at her tea and found herself enjoying Elijah's company. It was comforting and safe in a way that she only felt around Damon, she felt that, like Damon, Elijah wouldn't let anything happen to her.

"I'm reluctant to admit it, but I must cut this short, Elizabeth." Elijah sighed as he finished his tea before offering her his hand for assistance. She finished her tea before taking it and Elijah's cheeks flushed a bit at the touch of her skin.

"The boxes are in my car." She admitted and they both walked out to the driveway of the B&B and Elijah grabbed the boxes out of her car. Elizabeth turned to look at him in curiosity, would Klaus be just as dedicated? Elijah grabbed her hand and she froze for a moment before he pressed his lips to her hand.

"I shall see you again, Elskan." He murmured and Elizabeth nodded before she could think about it. She got in her car and started it up as Elijah went back into the B&B. After he walked away, she caught sight of a written note on her passenger seat.

Do not be afraid to reach out to me, Elskan.

(###) ###-####.

Elijah M.

She added his number to her contact list and then decided to drive to the boarding house to let them know what she had learned. When she got there, she could see Elena's car parked out front and she parked her car next to Damon's which was also there.

She got out of her car and walked in, hearing Elena and Stefan talking about something.

"Yes but Elijah promised to keep me and everyone else safe as long as we play by his rules." Elena told Stefan and Elizabeth raised an eyebrow. Did Elijah mean to protect everyone from Klaus? She wouldn't play along with Elena's deal because whenever her and Damon did go along with Elena's plans, the two of them always ended up getting hurt somehow.

She had decided that when Klaus arrived, Elizabeth was to make her own deal with him.

"Right. As long as you play by his rules." Stefan snorted and Elizabeth heard Elena getting a glass out.

"Please don't go after Isobel." Elena requested and Elizabeth made a face at the mention of Isobel.

"Katherine said Isobel could have some answers and I just have a couple questions, that's all." Stefan defended and Elizabeth heard Elena adding water to the glass.

"Stefan, I made a deal with Elijah." Elena reminded Stefan and Elizabeth wondered why Elijah would make a deal with Elena. He hadn't seemed to like her back at that old house.

"Right, you made a deal with him. I didn't make one. You should keep your deal." Stefan told Elena who didn't sound impressed.

"Stefan, I don't want anyone else to get hurt." Elena stated and Stefan sounded like he was trying to appease her.

"When have I ever wanted somebody to get hurt?" He asked and Elizabeth thought of how he left her to Mason, left her to drown, and wanted to leave her to the tomb vampires.

"Vervain. I made it light but are you sure? Just because Katherine built up a tolerance..." Elena asked and Elizabeth walked in just as Stefan accepted the glass.

"Yes, bottoms up." He said, before taking a drink and ending up on the floor, sounding like he was trying to bring up a lung. After a moment, he recovered and stood up.

"Are you okay?" Elena asked, worried and Stefan nodded.

"Yeah." He said, as he looked at Elizabeth who gave him a stony look.

"Heard about the werewolf, you didn't get bit?" He asked, uneasily and Elizabeth shook her head.

"No, Trevor intercepted it. It's amazing he would do that for me when he's only known me for a few days." Elizabeth commented and Stefan winced at that.

"How can Elijah compel another vampire?" Elena asked, turning the topic back to Elijah and his abilities.

"He's an original. I don't really know what that means. I don't think anybody really knows what that means. Well, except maybe Isobel. Maybe we should ask her." Stefan mused before kissing Elena and leaving. The two Gilberts walked into the library where Rose and Damon were sitting with Trevor. It was clear from the beads of sweat on Trevor's forehead and the pallid color to his face that he was ill.

"I was born in 1460, that makes me 550 years old." Trevor mused, giving off an air of someone who had accepted their fate.

"Well, if you were a bottle of wine..." Damon teased, weakly as he winked at the older vampire.

"So I can die. I've lived long enough." Trevor commented and Elizabeth winced at that.

"You know, if you're gonna be morn, I'm just gonna kill you myself just to put me out of your misery." Damon threatened and while Elena looked scandalized, Elizabeth knew he didn't mean it and that he was worried about Trevor. They watched as Damon poured blood from a blood bag into a glass.

"Come on, it's just a little werewolf bite." Damon said and a grim smile flickered across Trevor's face.

"Just a little, fatal to a vampire werewolf bite." He reminded the younger vampire who seemed determined to give him some hope.

"Well, according to a legend which is notoriously unreliable source. Drink up." Damon ordered, handing Trevor the glass of blood. Trevor looked at it with disinterest, not feeling very hungry.

"Blood heals." Rose reminded Trevor hopefully and he finally started drinking it.

"Yeah, it does feel like it's working." He said, optimistically and Damon exchanged hopeful looks with Rose.

"Let's have a look, come on. Let me see." Damon said and Trevor pulled his shirt off, wincing and moving to show Damon and Rose his bite mark. It had gotten much worse and spread farther down his back.

"How is it?" Trevor asked, a hint of fear in his voice and Damon exchanged looks with Elizabeth as he noticed her and Elena were standing in the room. Elizabeth was staring at it with fear and realization that if not for Trevor, she could be the one with the deadly wound.

"Definitely...better. Right, Elena?" Damon asked, delighting in putting Elena on the spot. Elena was also shocked by Trevor's wounds as the older vampire looked at her in disdain.

"Um, it's not bad." Elena answered, uneasily.

"You hesitated." Elizabeth coughed.

"No, I didn't. It doesn't look too bad." Elena defended and Damon rolled his eyes before looking at his brother's girlfriend.

"Where's Stefan?" He asked and Elena looked relieved to be turning to this conversation.

"He left. I need you to talk to him. He's convinced that he has to find Isobel but I think that's gonna upset Elijah." Elena pleaded and Damon shook his head at that.

"No, can do. I'm with Stefan on this one but if you two could play nurse for a little while..." Damon said, hinting that Trevor was worse than he was letting on.

"It's not necessary." Trevor interjected and Damon looked at Trevor with a wide smile that was a little forced.

"It is necessary. Elena and Elizabeth are do-gooders. It's in their nature, they just can't resist." Damon told the older vampire before leaving the room with Rose. Elena glanced at Trevor before following them.

"So, how was the meeting with Elijah?" Trevor asked, softly and Elizabeth jumped, wondering how he knew about that.

"How did you....?" She trailed off at the amused look on Trevor's face.

"I heard that he was going under an alias in town and that he wanted to meet you so I just assumed you had met him before coming here. Plus, I can smell his cologne and scent on you." Trevor admitted and Elizabeth sighed at that.

"Yeah, I went to deliver historical documents to him for his "book". I asked him about the werewolf bite while I was there." She decided to be honest and Trevor looked surprised.

"What did he say?" He asked and Elizabeth floundered on how to answer this, but her face must have given it away because Trevor looked understanding and then peaceful.

"It's okay, Lizzie. I know." He commented before starting to stand up and losing his balance. Elizabeth helped him regain it and held him up. Elizabeth could hear Damon, Rose, and Elena talking from downstairs.

"Damon. Is he gonna die?" Elena asked and Elizabeth heard Damon sigh before answering.

"Probably. The wolf bite caused some kind of infection and it's getting worse." He admitted and Elizabeth could hear Rose let out a small noise.

"Like poison?" Elena asked, sounding horrified.

"I don't know, Elena. I'm not an expert in the field." Damon snapped and Elizabeth figured that Elena had jumped back a little at that.

"I'm sorry." She apologized and Damon scoffed.

"Death happens. We come, we go. Sooner he dies the better. It's gloomy as hell in here." Damon snarked before leaving.

Jules joined Sheriff Forbes at the bar and the blonde haired sheriff glanced up at her.

"Sheriff Forbes, hi. I'm Mason Lockwood's friend from Florida." Jules greeted the human warmly and recognition entered Sheriff Forbes' eyes.

"Jules, right?" The blonde asked and Jules nodded with a hopeful look.

"Is there any news?" She asked and Elizabeth shook her head.

"No one's heard from him. I've opened an investigation. As soon as I hear anything I'll let you know." Liz promised and Alaric was watching them from a booth. He then called Damon.

"Hey, Damon. The wolf is at the grill." Alaric left a voicemail as he watched Jules sit down at a table. Stefan then walked in and joined Alaric at his table.

"Is that the-?" Stefan asked as he watched the woman and Alaric nodded as Stefan gave the wolf a weird look.

"Yeah, yeah. I just left Damon a message." Alaric confirmed and Stefan turned back to Alaric.

"So you're doing his dirty work for him now." Stefan asked and Alaric didn't look amused.

"She could have a cure for Trevor. I couldn't find anything in Isobel's research except that it's fatal." He informed Stefan who jumped on that.

"Do you still know of a way to get in touch with Isobel?" He asked and Alaric frowned at that.

"Even if I did, she isn't gonna help." He reminded Stefan who didn't look discouraged.

"Katherine said that Isobel knew of Klaus." Stefan told Alaric who looked even more disbelieving.

"So this isn't about Trevor, it's about Elena. I have an old number, probably out of service." Alaric admitted and Stefan gave him a charming smile.

"No harm in giving it to me then?" Stefan asked and Alaric raised an eyebrow.

"You know you can't trust Isobel, even when it comes to Elena." He reminded the vampire and Stefan nodded.

"I know that." He admitted and Alaric sighed.

"Alright. I'm gonna see if I can find the number. If I do, I'll text it to you." He agreed before leaving Stefan who went back to looking at Jules.

Trevor, Elizabeth, and Elena were in Damon's bedroom as they helped Trevor get in the bed.

"I hate this. I'm a vampire, I haven't had a cold in five centuries." Trevor groaned and Elizabeth patted him on his good shoulder.

"Just get in bed." Elena said, a bit impatiently and Elizabeth swatted her on the arm in reprimand.

"We don't get sick. When we die, it's fast and sudden and it's certainly not drawn out in illness." Trevor continued as he got in the bed, twisting to where the bite mark was shown on his shoulder.

"You're not gonna die." Elena insisted and Elizabeth shot her a dirty look at the tone she took with Trevor.

"Such a human thing to say." Trevor scoffed as Elizabeth sat on the foot of the bed and Elena looked around in interest.

"You've never been in Damon's room before, have you?" Trevor asked, wryly as Elena picked up a book and looked at it. Elizabeth knew it to be Damon's first edition copy of Gone With The Wind.

"Not what you expected?" Trevor asked, as he got comfortable and Elena glanced at him.

"It's just a room with a bed." Elena denied as she sat down next to Trevor and then frowned.

"Maybe I expected there to be silk sheets." She joked and Trevor smirked a bit at that before his eyes dated between the two sitting with him.

"You're both lucky, you know. No one's ever loved me the way you're loved." He finally sighed and Elizabeth knew he was thinking of Katherine who he had sacrificed his freedom and closeness to the originals for.

"I doubt that." Elena admitted, she figured that at least Rose loved Trevor even if it wasn't romantic or Katherine had a small bit of gratitude for the vampire who had risked his life to ensure she could escape. 

"Rose is my best friend. Nothing more. I spent all those years on the run from Klaus and Elijah. I just never thought it was a good idea to set up roots. The whole idea of family is not exactly compatible with being a vampire. Why are you so eager to give up?" Trevor mused before looking straight into Elena's eyes.

"I'm not giving up on anything. Here." Elena denied before handing him a glass of blood.

"What do you call this whole deal with Elijah?" Trevor asked, keeping his gaze pinned on Elena.

"I call it my best option." Elena answered and Trevor shook his head.

"It's your easiest option. Elijah has no loyalty to you. He only has loyalty to the other originals and Elizabeth." Trevor murmured and Elena looked stunned that he would out and out say that.

"That's not fair." Elena complained and Trevor looked at her with mild annoyance.

"Life's not fair, doppelicious. Do you really think that your witch friend destroyed the moonstone?" He scoffed and Elizabeth tried not to laugh at the offended look in Elena's eyes.

"I spoke with Bonnie. I know that she had the help of another witch; unless you mean it's Elijah's witch, so no, I don't." Elena finally admitted and Trevor looked disappointed.

"You really are determined to die, aren't you? At least Katerina, Rose, and I ran, you're not even trying." Trevor muttered before he closed his eyes.

"I'm so tired." He sighed, Elizabeth and Elena made to leave, but then Trevor started talking in his sleep.

"No, stop, wait. Tell them to prepare the horses. The Lord Niklaus will want his horse ready when he comes out." Trevor muttered in his sleep. Elena and Elizabeth walked back to Trevor and Elizabeth leaned down to him.

"It's okay Trevor. Just get some sleep. You'll feel better when you wake up." Elizabeth murmured, comfortingly and Trevor shifted in his sleep.

"Rose, I'm not stupid. I know I'm never going to make it there before the sun." He continued before he sat up suddenly, his face contorted in pain.

"Elena, Lizzie, I need more blood." He gasped and both sprung into action. 

"Yeah, of course, here." Elena said, handing him the glass of blood and Trevor started to drink it, but ended up throwing it up. Elizabeth stared at the blackened and infected looking blood that Trevor was puking up.

"It's okay, everything's gonna be alright." Elena said, panicking a little bit before she rushed into the bathroom. Even though Elizabeth herself was a vampire, Trevor was still older, and she lost track as he suddenly sped off. When Elena came back in, she looked around before turning to Elizabeth.

"Where is he?" She asked and Elizabeth shrugged.

"I might be a vampire, but he's still older." She reminded her younger sister. They heard a noise behind them and when they turned around, Trevor had attacked Elena and sped her over to the wall, pushing her against it harshly. His vampire eyes and fangs were out and he looked almost rabid with rage.

"It's all your fault, Katerina. You Katerina, you did this." Trevor growled, looking furious.

"It's Elena. Trevor, Trevor! I'm Elena!" Elena pleaded and Trevor's expression didn't change as Elizabeth sped up and began tugging at Trevor's arms.

"You betrayed me! You betrayed us! I loved you!!" Trevor shouted and Elizabeth could hear the pain in his voice at that.

"I'm not Katherine!" Elena cried and Trevor released her, looking confused by this.

"Elena?" He asked and Elizabeth took advantage of this, pulling him away from Elena who was massaging her throat.

"It's me, it's Elena." Elena repeated and Trevor came back to his senses, his vampire face disappearing and horror going across his face. Elizabeth knew that he didn't like Elena, but he didn't want to attack her because she was a human.

"Oh my god Elena. I'm so sorry. I don't know what's happening to me. I'm sorry." Trevor apologized, feeling ashamed by the bruise he could see forming on Elena's throat.

"You're gonna be alright." Elena murmured, feeling bad for Trevor. She knew he didn't like her, but also knew that he didn't really like attacking humans.

"My mind, I'm..." Trevor stammered as both Elizabeth and Elena moved to support him as his balance buckled.

"It was just for a second." Elena soothed as they moved towards Damon's bed.

"I'm sorry, don't be scared of me." Trevor pleaded, looking at Elizabeth instead of Elena, but Elena assumed he was talking to her.

"I'm not. I'm not, but you need to rest." Elena assured as they helped Trevor lie on the bed.

"I'm scared." Trevor admitted and Elizabeth grabbed his hand, patting it reassuringly.

"You're not alone. We're right here." Elena promised and Trevor sat up, looking panicked.

"Here, where's here?" He asked, looking between them with frightened eyes.

"Damon's bedroom, you're in Damon's bedroom." Elena assured and Elizabeth plastered a smile on her face.

"Yeah, remember we were watching Star Wars in here." She reminded Trevor who didn't look assured.

"I want to go home." He whimpered and Elena smiled at him.

"Tell me about it." She requested and a wistful smile crossed Trevor's face.

"London, England. It was busy and there was always wine flowing when there was a celebration. When the Royal Family would come riding through the town, everyone would turn out to see them. King Edward and Queen Elizabeth were wonderful rulers, they provided peace after years of fighting." Trevor muttered and Elizabeth resolved to ask Elijah about what it was like in that era.

"Sounds exciting." Elena whispered and Trevor nodded.

"When you live long enough, everything disappears. So much time wasted, I just wish I wouldn't have been so afraid." He murmured before falling asleep again.

"We're going to have to change the sheets." Elizabeth muttered and Elena nodded, standing up and they left the room, glancing back at Trevor who looked peaceful.

Jules was eating while Stefan watched her with a small bit of curiosity and hostility. His phone went off and he looked at it; he then saw that Alaric had texted him the number. He called it but no one answered so he left a message.

"Isobel, it's Stefan Salvatore. I need to speak with you, it's about Elena. Please know that it's important." He said before hanging up and seeing Damon and Rose who had just entered the grill. Damon's eyes locked on Jules with hatred in his eyes and moved towards her, but Stefan stopped him.

"What are you doing here?" Damon demanded to know while Rose crossed her arms. Stefan could see a daylight ring resting on her finger and he recognized it as one that Damon had intended to give Katherine before he found out about her betrayal.

"I'm waiting for you. Listen, there's a lot of people here." Stefan warned and Damon rolled his eyes.

"Oh, damn. There goes my plan to rip her spleen through her back." Damon spat as Rose glared at the female werewolf who was eating without a care in the world about the innocent person she had bit.

"Hey, listen, I know you're upset about Trevor." Stefan began, but that was a mistake as both their eyes flashed at the mention of Trevor.

"Why does everyone think that I'm upset about Trevor? I'm fine. I don't know if you know this but sometimes, vampires die. I'm gonna have a friendly chat with lady wolf, brother. Ease up." Damon said, bluffing about not caring about Trevor. He and Rose joined Jules and Stefan made to follow, but the number he had just tried started calling him. He bit his lip, but answered it and left.

"Well, if it isn't the one I meant to kill...I'll have to get that right next time." Jules commented and Rose bristled as Damon glared at her.

"You won't live to see another full moon unless...unless you tell me how to cure a wolf bite...and then I won't kill you." Damon threatened and Jules glanced at him.

"Promise?" She asked and Damon glowered, but deciding that Trevor's life mattered more than his need to kill the arrogant wolf.

"Yes." He said through gritted teeth and Jules left some money on the table and then looked at Damon.

"Bite me." Jules spat at the two vampires and she got up, but both grabbed an arm with deadly looks on their faces.

"I'm not afraid of you." Jules told them and Damon's vampire eyes flickered.

"Then you are very, very stupid." Damon spat and a mocking smile spread on Jules' face.

How's your friend? Trevor, is that his name? Have the chills started? The unbearable pain?" Jules asked and Rose looked ill at the thought of Trevor going through that.

"If there's a cure, tell me or start watching your back." Damon threatened, realizing that Elizabeth had come very close to that being her.

"Did I mention the dementia? It'll eat away at his brain. Soon he'll be rabid. You want a cure? I'll tell you the only cure that exists: take a stake and drive it through his heart." Jules said before leaving a worried Rose and angry Damon behind.

Elena and Elizabeth entered Damon's bedroom, each carrying new sheets.

"Elizabeth and I brought some clean sheets." Elena announced, but both swore internally when they saw that Trevor was not there. Both put the sheets down and left the room to search for him, but couldn't find him. Elizabeth pulled her phone out and called Damon.

"It's Lilibet, I'm worried about Trevor. I think you and Rose should come home." She said before hanging up. Elizabeth froze and then grabbed Elena, who looked confused as Elizabeth heard a noise from another room.

"Go outside, he might think you're Katherine again." Elizabeth ordered, but Elena ignored her and headed towards the noise. Elizabeth breathed out through her nose and followed her stupid younger sister.

"Trevor?" Elena called out, cautiously as they made their way into the basement. Elizabeth knelt down and picked up an empty blood bag  before going deeper into the basement with Elena. Elizabeth dropped the blood bag she was holding when they caught sight of Trevor drinking blood from a bag, surrounded by empty and ripped ones. Elizabeth started pulling at Elena to leave, seeing that Trevor hadn't noticed them, but then Elena opened her big mouth.

"Oh my god." Elena gasped and Trevor jumped at the sound of her voice and turned to her, hostility and rage in his eyes.

"Katerina." He spat and Elena shook her head quickly.

"No." Elena denied and Trevor lunged for her, but Elizabeth vamp-sped her out of the way.

"Trevor, stop, stop, it's Elena. I'm not Katherine." Elena pleaded and Trevor stopped, looking confused at this.

"You're hallucinating. I'm not Katherine. I'm not Katherine." Elena insisted and Trevor lunged for her, shoving Elizabeth out of the way before pushing Elena against the wall and drinking from her neck. Elizabeth recovered quickly and broke a chair leg off  drove it through Trevor's good shoulder and ripped him away from Elena, throwing him to the floor.

"Elena, run!!" Elizabeth ordered as Trevor staggered to his feet and rushed Elizabeth who dodged and pushed him into the wall. He lunged for Elizabeth and slammed her against the wall, but she dug her nails into his bite wound, causing him to drop her, screaming in agony. Elizabeth vamp-sped to where she heard Elena and both hid in Stefan's room.

Elizabeth moved furniture in front of the door as Elena opened the window so sun could come in. Elizabeth broke a wooden chair and handed a leg of it to Elena to act as a stake. They stood at the door and sure enough Elizabeth heard Trevor at the door and watched as the doorknob tried to turn, signalling that he was trying to get in.

"Elena? I know that's you and not Katherine." Trevor said before he started coughing up again and groaning. 

"Lizzie? Please, I need your help." Trevor moaned, but Elizabeth stayed right where she was.

"Something's wrong with Trevor!" Damon said to Rose who looked panicked.

"Do you think he went rabid like that wolf said he would?" She asked, her voice small and Damon sighed, feeling bad about Trevor.

"No idea, but lets go." He instructed and Rose nodded.

It's night and Elizabeth turned her hearing towards the downstairs. When she didn't hear anything, she put her finger to her lips and Elena nodded before they left the room and snuck downstairs. Elizabeth winced seeing the infected blood that Trevor had coughed up on the wall and floor. When they got to the main area, they saw that the main door was opened. Elizabeth turned around and gasped in relief as she saw Damon and Rose standing there.

"Are you two okay? Where's Rose?" Damon asked, looking them both over in concern and Elena shrugged.

"We don't know." Elena admitted and Elizabeth nodded.

"He went nuts and started drinking blood like an addict. He was also hallucinating." She explained and Damon exchanged worried looks with Rose.

"Elena, go home. Lilibet, you're with us while we look for Trevor." Damon stated and both girls nodded.

Trevor was in the parking lot near some garbage cans at the high school. He reeled over and coughed up some more blood. A man was throwing out some garbage and saw him.

"Excuse me, are you okay?" He asked, moving closer to Trevor who bit him violently and drank his blood. He dropped the man's body to the ground, dead, before speeding off.
__________________

Later, Damon joined the sheriff and the police who had found the body.

"Hey." He greeted and Liz looked relieved to see him.

"Thanks for coming so quickly." She thanked him and Damon waved her off.

"No, I was close by Liz, what happened?" He asked, looking at the body and wincing at the jagged bite in his neck.

"A vampire. Luckily one of my deputies discovered the body before anyone else saw him." Liz explained, looking pained for the poor man.

"We have to secure the area then." Damon commented and Liz nodded before turning to her deputies.

"Don't cause a panic, but let's take this party into the cafeteria." She ordered and her deputies obeyed before she turned back to Damon.

"I take the east side of the school, you go west?" She asked and Damon nodded, knowing that Rose and Elizabeth were listening in.

"Sure, okay." He agreed before heading off in that direction.

Elizabeth was looking around for signs that Trevor had been there, but pulled ber phone out and saw a text from Elena, asking about both Stefan and Trevor. She turned to Damon as he walked up to her with Rose.

"Hey. Elena wants to know if you have heard from Stefan and what he's up to? She also wants to know if we found Trevor." She explained and Damon shook his head.

"My baby brother is not exactly my priority right now. Take this." Damon stated before handing Elizabeth a stake and she swallowed at the implication.

"Come on, let's go." He instructed her and Rose before they left to look for the ill Trevor.
__________________

Two students were walking to their car, talking about what was happening.

"Hey, what was going on back there with the police?" The boy asked the girl who shrugged.

"Some maintenance man had a heart attack. He just dropped dead." She suggested and she got into the car, but her boyfriend didn't.

"Eddie?" She called out wearily, but then his body fell on top of the car and the girl screamed in horror. She got out of the car and started to run, but Trevor caught her and bit her, draining her of blood. This was the scene that Damon, Elizabeth, and Rose arrived to. Rose and Elizabeth stared at the carnage in disbelief.

"Trevor, stop!" Damon shouted and Trevor dropped the girl before rushing towards him, but Damon grabbed him and pinned him to the ground.

"Trevor, Trevor! It's me, it's Damon. It's Damon." Damon soothed and Trevor's face went back to normal before he looked at the girl's body before he choked back a sob.

"Did I do this? I never meant to hurt anyone. I never wanted to hurt anyone." He sobbed and Damon nodded sadly.

"I know." Damon assured and Trevor turned to look at Elizabeth, desperately.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He apologized and Damon helped him up.

"Come on, let's get you home." Damon soothed and Trevor shook his head, sadly.

"No, I don't have a home, I haven't had a home in so long." He wept and Rose moved to embrace him.

"Oh make it stop, please make it stop! I hate it, make it stop!" He pleaded and Elizabeth realized that there was no hope for Trevor. Damon and Rose sped off with Trevor in their arms and she followed after picking up the stake she had dropped to the ground. 

Trevor, Rose, and Damon were in his bedroom. Trevor was in the bed, covered in sweat. He opened his eyes weakly and Damon gave him a small smile.

"Hi there." He greeted and Trevor shifted uncomfortably.

"I'm sorry." He apologized again and Damon shrugged.

"You went on a murderous rampage. It happens." He assured as Elizabeth entered the room.

"I'm sorry, Elizabeth. I don't like taking too much human life, I never have." He apologized to the baby vampire who had become such a good friend in such a short time.

"You shouldn't be here for this, go home Lilibet." Damon said, gently and Elizabeth shook her head stubbornly.

"It's the worst part about it: the hunt, the need to kill, the thirst, the pleasure it brings you afterwards. I wasn't meant to be evil. It hurts." Trevor continued as Elizabeth moved to put her hand on his arm.

"Stop talking about it." Damon complained and got smacked in the chest by Rose.

"Damon's a lot like me. He wants to care about others but when he does he runs away from it. I'm sorry for what I've done today." Trevor apologized again and Elizabeth smiled at him, reassuringly.

"I know." She accepted and he looked at her.

"And you need to know that the last few days have been the best I've had in over 500 years. My freedom may have been brief, but thanks to you, I was able to experience it." Trevor murmured before coughing again and Elizabeth clucked soothingly at him as she helped put another pillow under him.

"Why were you so nice to me?" He asked and Elizabeth smiled at him.

"You didn't deserve to suffer for falling in love and being tricked. I was happy to stop Elijah from killing you and I wish you had been able to enjoy your freedom." She admitted and Trevor put a hand on her own.

"I have, you showed me movies I've never watched before and felt living without looking over my shoulder. Don't let yourself lose your compassion, it's a gift that the originals don't experience that much anymore." He whispered before the pain came back and he screamed, startling them all.

"What do we do?" Elizabeth asked, panicked and Rose moved her off the bed.

"Go." She ordered and Damon looked at her.

"Rose..." He trailed off and the brunette looked at them.

"Just go. I got this." She said and Damon shoved Elizabeth out the door as Rose sat on the bed with Trevor and pulled him into her arms.

"Oh god! Make it stop, make it stop! I can't take it anymore, make it stop!" Trevor pleaded.

Tyler was sitting outside of Caroline's house, waiting for her. She arrived, looking confused to see hims sitting there.

"Hey. Where have you been?" He asked and she continued to look at him.

"At school. What's up? What's going on?" She asked and Tyler sighed.

"We need to talk." He stated and Caroline frowned at him.

"Why? What's wrong with you?" She asked and Tyler decided to bite the bullet.

"I just don't understand one thing." He admitted and Caroline looked confused.

"What?" She asked. 

"Why would you risk it? If a werewolf bite kills a vampire...why would you risk it?" He asked and Caroline sighed.

"Because you needed help." She admitted and he still looked confused.

"I could have killed you." Tyler reminded her and Caroline gave him a small smile.

"But you didn't." She reminded him and Tyler shook his head.

"I don't understand you, Caroline." He admitted and Caroline bristled.

"Why is it so hard for you to let someone else help you?" She asked and Tyler quickly backtracked.

"That's not it." He denied and Caroline scoffed.

"Yeah it is, Tyler. It's like you don't want anyone to care about you and I'm sorry I care. I care Tyler so forgive me if I overstepped my boundaries by actually giving in..." She ranted, but Tyler kissed her suddenly. When they broke away, Caroline gawked at him.

"You can't do that." She told him and he looked apologetic.

"I'm sorry, it's..." Tyler tried, but was interrupted.

"Everyone just needs to stop kissing me!" Caroline shouted before going inside and slamming the door shut.

Damon handed Elizabeth a glass of scotch before sitting down next to her on the couch. They had both promised themselves they wouldn't listen in on Rose's last conversation with Trevor so it was quiet until footsteps came down the stairs and Rose appeared. Her eyes were red-rimmed and tears were streaming unchecked down her cheeks.

Elizabeth stood up quickly and hurriedly embraced the older vampire who broke down weeping in the younger vampire's arms. Damon joined the hug and wrapped his arms around both of them as they all cried for Trevor.

Rose cried for her best friend who had been by her side for over 500 years; Elizabeth cried for the friend she had just gotten to know and yet had given his life to save her, suffering in pain before finally being staked; and Damon felt a few tears escape for the man who had come and warned him about Klaus and given his life to save Damon's little sister.

After a few minutes, they all pulled away and glanced between each other before Damon spoke.

"I'm going to have to show his body to Sheriff Forbes so she doesn't keep looking for the vampire. After I've done that, I'll bury him." He told the two women who nodded before sitting on the couch together as Damon went upstairs. Trevor's face looked peaceful for the first time since yesterday, but the stake resting in his chest and dessicated skin confirmed that the older vampire had died. Damon picked his body up and carried it out the back door, determined not to let Elizabeth see it.

"He wanted you to have this." Rose whispered, pulling a letter out and handing it to Elizabeth. Elizabeth took it and opened it to read it.

Dear Lizzie,

This has been a great few days and I'm glad to have experienced them. I know that you must be frightened of what is it to come with the other originals, but don't be. The people in this town don't worry about you like they should. You have Damon and Caroline and Jenna, but there's only so much they can do to help you.

I managed to get close to Klaus by being a good artist, but it's been so long since I've seen him that I wouldn't be able to draw a good picture of him. He is blonde with blue eyes, dimples, and he is charming when he's not killing. He'll adore you, just like Elijah does, and I hope that you'll always enjoy life like you do now. Don't feel like my freedom was wasted, it wasn't and I'm glad that if I die, I'll have died for a friend who risked Elijah's anger to protect me when you owed me nothing.

Keep smiling, if not for yourself, then for me.

Trevor

Elizabeth felt a few tears escape as she read the letter. Trevor's gratitude leapt out to her and she couldn't help but relish his friendship even if it had only been for a few days. She turned to Rose and wrapped her into another hug as Rose silently read the letter before deciding that she would honor Trevor's wish and stay to protect Elizabeth. She didn't care about Elena, she would protect Elizabeth.

On a dirt road in the woods, Sheriff Forbes parked her car and got out, seeing that Damon was waiting for her. As she walked over to him, he opened his car trunk.

"Here's your vampire." He said, showing her Trevor in the trunk and she was surprised.

"How did you find him?" She asked and Damon shrugged her question off.

"It doesn't matter. What matters is that it's over. I found that this bite on his shoulder caused it, must have caused some type of rabies. When I found him, he was in pain and begging for it to stop." Damon said and some sympathy crossed Liz's face as she looked at the bite wound which was still present.

"Did he say what gave it to him?" She asked and Damon shrugged.

"Some type of wolf, it attacked him on the full moon." He explained and Liz frowned.

"I'll have my deputies keep an eye out for it. Thank you Damon. Once again, you've helped keep this town safe." She thanked him and Damon nodded.

"I'll take care of burying the body." He said, closing the trunk.

Tyler walked into the grill and took a seat at Jules' table.

"Thank you for coming." Jules said, warmly and Tyler looked at her suspiciously.

"So what do you want from me?" He asked and Jules looked at him, entreating him to relax.

"Just to be your friend. Mason would have wanted that. I know about Mason and you." She informed him and Tyler looked startled, but decided to play dumb.

"You know what?" He asked and Jules snorted.

"I know you're a werewolf and I know your little friend Caroline is a vampire." She said and there was a hint of disgust in her tone when talking about Caroline.

"How do you know about Caroline?" Tyler asked, warily as he picked up on the disgust in her tone.

"You can't sniff them out?" She asked, but he didn't answer and it dawned on her.

"Oh my god. You're brand new. How many times have you turned?" She asked and he still didn't answer her. Jules leaned over and placed her hand on his.

"Hey, I can help you." She offered and Tyler looked uncomfortable as he pulled his hand away and off the table.

"Do you know where Mason is?" He asked, deciding that he'd rather have Mason than this creepy woman.

"He's dead, Tyler. He was murdered." Jules informed him and Tyler shook his head quickly.

"No." He denied, not wanting to lose Mason so soon after losing his father.

"You want to know who murdered him?" Jules asked and Tyler shook his head.

"Just stop." He snapped at her, but Jules continued.

"Your little blonde vampire did." She told him and Tyler shook his head again.

"No, Caroline would never do this." He denied, knowing this to be true. Caroline was compassionate and wouldn't have hurt Mason.

"She and her little vampire friends were behind it, Tyler." Jules told him and Tyler shook his head.

"Caroline is the only vampire in town." He told her and Jules scoffed.

"Is that what she told you? She lied. This town is crawling with vampires but don't worry, we'll get them." Jules assured and Tyler gave her a creeped out look.

"Who are you?" He asked and Jules smiled at him.

"I'm your friend. There are others like us and they're on their way." She promised.

Elizabeth drove up, still reeling from Trevor's death. She got out of the car and walked up to the porch. Elena exited the house and stopped in front of her sister.

"Did you guys find Trevor?" She asked and Elizabeth nodded with a sigh.

"He had to be staked." She said, sitting down in the porch and Elena sat in the other chair. It was silent as they both looked up at the stars in contemplation before Elena looked at her sister.

"Thanks for saving me back there." She said quietly before Elizabeth looked at her.

"How else are we supposed to lure Klaus here if you die?" She asked, snarkily. Elena rolled her eyes, but smiled as Stefan walked up to the porch.

"Stefan, you're home." Elena greeted, moving down to embrace him.

"Trevor?" He asked, looking at her before looking at Elizabeth. Elena shook her head at that.

"No, he had to be staked." Elizabeth said and Stefan looked stunned, but turned back to Elena.

"I um...I called Isobel." Stefan admitted and Elena didn't look surprised.

"I know." She confirmed and Stefan rushed to apologize.

"I'm sorry, I had to." He sighed and Elena put a hand on his cheek.

"It's okay. Did you find her?" She asked and then an unwelcoming and familiar voice answered.

"Not exactly. Hello Elena, Elizabeth." John Gilbert greeted, looking at his daughter and then his niece.

"Uncle John." Elena gawked at him.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

221K 4.8K 40
TVD STORY! Elena had a twin, not biological, but ny heart. Her name was Elizabeth Gilbert. She had always known about the supernatural and she knew t...
332K 7.3K 24
• 2nd book of The Gilbert Sister series • (S2) Torn between whats right and wrong Damons choices might just get some he loves killed. Determined to...
3.8M 96.6K 43
The youngest Mikaelson and the oldest Salvatore meet under unlikely circumstances and fall in love. [SEASON TWO - THE VAMPIRE DIARIES] [BOOK ONE OF T...
29.9K 558 12
Summary: (y/n) is the Salvatore younger sister and she is low key in love with with one of the originals. You know which one. That's basically it. A...