Dawn - The Morning Twilight

MedievalTomboy által

Book 3 of 'Dawn' trilogy With a powerful slit, the morning rays penetrated through the curtains of darkness. ... Több

Things to Know
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Epilogue

Chapter 55

72 16 1
MedievalTomboy által

Acacia Point of View

Hand in hand, his other hand on my waist and my other hand on his shoulder, with a respectful distance between our bodies, we floated on the dance floor.

The chaotic excited people around us fell into still silence as they watched him lead me through the dance floor with finesse smoothly.

I am not exactly a genius dancer, but I can hold myself well against an alright partner. But with how Jerk is leading me, one can tell how good he is while dancing in pair. But then again, he is from an era and from monarchy where these kind of balls are as natural as breathing.

I slowly raised my head and took a glance at him. By the time my passive eyes met his, I found that he was already looking at me as if he was struck by lightning.

His face is scrunched up in such grand amount of shock and disbelief. His eyes blinked at me, as if he is still trying to detect dream from reality.

He opened his mouth and closed it several time like a fish but did not say anything. However, unlike the time in the past, he is handling me with a respectful distance and with a better attitude even though it is a couple dance.

After half the song is over, he suddenly started to smile at himself and at me as if he finally realized that this is indeed not a dream.

I shook my head lightly and ignored it. My eyes landed on the small figures beside us, holding each other just like how I and Jerk are, as they flowed around like water in cool spring creek.

Who would say they are only five plus years old?

Just look at how serious and honorable they are looking while they are taking the dance floor by fire.

My lips quivered with a small smile when I observed that Igses and Noemi tried to copy me and Jerk by following our moves.

When Jerk twirled me, Igses did the same, when Jerk changed the footwork, Igses did the same too. In short, no matter how good Igses and Noemi are, they still followed and did it so with obvious enjoyment.

"Thank you for accepting my dance offer." Just as the first song was coming to an end, Jerk whispered.

I did not respond back but spared him a brief glance before stepping back from the dance floor after the song came to an end.

However, this behavior of mine did not dampen the Jerk's mood at all. On the contrary, he even produced a foolish smile that I saw for the first time on his face.

His face was shining brightly like a sparkling rainbow on a moonless night; happy and content. I turned my face away and walked towards mom and dad who are snacking lightly.

Damien and Liam, on the other hand, found dance partners and went on to show off. I first took a huge gulp on fruit punch and had light snacks before sighing in ecstasy.

Gosh, I was so famished. When will they serve dinner?

"This is why eating on time is necessary." Mom scolded with a glare as she pushed some kind of salad made of nachos in my mouth.

Although it's not a heavy food, the feeling of something other than air going into my stomach made was wonderful.

"I was busy, mom. You know how occupied I was this afternoon."

"Busy, busy; why are you not busy. You are even too busy stuff some food in your mouth." Hearing her scold me, nag me, I felt more happy than angry.

How I missed this feeling!

For more than seven years, I missed her chide me and nag about my food habits. I totally love it when I hear her reprimand me with such serious face.

"Alright, let her eat something peacefully first." Dad came between us as usual.

"I was just thinking why this old man is not here to stop me." Mom and I said in unison. When she heard me say the same words along with her in the same tone and with same expression as hers, she frowned a little.

"Taking food in a timely manner is good for health. Do I have to tell this you as well?" Again, I spoke along with mom in same tone.

Mom turned to me and narrowed her eyes at my smiling face strictly before turning towards dad to continue.

"If I say something, you say I'm nagging. Am I nagging though? You bunch of father and children will never learn you lesson at all." This time, even dad was unable to hold it in and laughed out loud.

Mom sized me up just like she used to do, just like she liked to do and gritted out. "Are you done?" Which I said along with her.

Before she continue with her second degree nagging, I hugged her tightly and popped my chin on her shoulder.

"I so missed dad calm and loving gaze. I missed your nagging the most, mom. You don't know how much I missed your strict tone and your disciplinary glare. Say, why didn't you consider becoming a teacher?"

"Of course, your dad is a hero and your mom is strict and villain to you and your brother. Even though I don't have memories of you, I carried you in my womb for ten months; I fought with life and death to bring you both siblings into this world. I sweated like crazy to teach you how to walk, how to talk; I spared no pain and effort to raise you both and at the end of the day, what do I hear? Dad is s hero, calm and loving while mom is strict and all." She rambled as she burst out like a firecracker.

Here it comes. You cannot win any argument with your mother when she brings up the topic of how she struggled to give birth.

No matter how old they get, this particular statement is like a weapon they use when they want to win an argument. You cannot refute them when they bring up this topic and I noticed that it's not just my mom but almost all the mothers in the world love to use this weapon against their children.

Sometimes, it's just so funny when they think the other person is right but still want to win the argument and bring out this trump card out.

"Okay, okay, you are the best mom in the world and the most loving in our family." I pecked her cheek and winked at dad secretly as I slipped out from there.

Just in time, the dinner was served so I pounced on food. Only when I filled my stomach and got back a little of my energy back was I able to bring the kids and feed them the dinner.

The rest of the party went on well. I met new people and introduced Damien to my team and other circle of people I'm acquainted with.

"Damien, is your company attending the All Architects convention and Workshop? This time, the convention is decided to be held in Phoenix next week."Aviva asked.

"Of course. We got a confirmation mail a couple of months ago and received the invitation pass few days ago. We'll be there definitely. In fact, I am here from several days is because I already told my team that I would meet them in Phoenix directly."

"I heard that the invitation passes this time were handed to only few above the standard firms." One of the engineers from my team commented.

"Did you forget the mess that happened last year in the convention? The authorities decided to categorize the firm into two groups and hold two separate workshops for the both. What we are attending is the one where all the highly valued firms come together." Another one of my team replied.

"Hey, why are you frowning like a toad?" Liam held my chin and turned my face towards him and asked with a scowl.

T-toad?

Do I look like a toad?

"You mean, swan?" I gritted with a smile.

"No, you do look like a toad when you frown. So, why are you frowning, sister dear." He asked again when he noticed me frown.

"It's Igses birthday two days after convention. It'll be difficult to rush back and arrange a birthday party for him." I heaved heavily.

I can return back the next day of the convention as early as possible but it's still not enough time to arrange a nice birthday party for the little guy.

"That's why you are competing with a toad in beauty? What are we for? I will arrange a blasting party for my nephew." Why did Liam did not change at all even without my memories?

Why he is still sharp tongued with me?

I glared at him and in the end, I still nodded my head, asking him to not disappoint me. He sized me from head to toe and said something that made me want to beat him up.

"Of course, unlike an old lady like you, I, as a young one, know just the right way to make a perfect birthday party for my nephew. Leave it to me."

O-old lady?

Old lady!

"Did he just call me what I think he shouldn't?" I turned to Damien and Aviva and asked in utter disbelief and daze.

How am I an old lady? I'm only twenty eight; in the prime of my life.

"He did." Damien and Aviva nodded, amused at me.

"Alright, you don't have to feel depressed. You are old, so what? You are still my sister and I don't mind it anyway. Leave the arrangements to me and attend your conference."

No, hitting him once is not enough. I have to pull his hair off his head and punch him on the face.

How dare he -!

As expected, brothers are such rotten eggs!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is here. Enjoy!

What do you think about the chapter? Boring?

Finally they danced! And they danced without quarreling with each other.

Your views on Tzalmon and Acacia's first dance together?

Igses and Noemi are such a mood right?

Are all the brothers like Liam? Do you think all brothers annoy their sisters like him?

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends.

Lots of Love

Lady Prim

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

4.8K 138 14
READ THE GATHERING FIRST! A Sky: Children of the Light Fanfiction Here is the website for it! https://thatskygame.com/ I don't understand the copyri...
693 98 22
Mature Audiences: Everything happens in 3's, a murder, a lost love, and a fantasy, many years in the making... But will she survive when all three of...
124 9 40
Rodalya barely escaped the Luxillian army. Silus finds comfort in nature. Maxwell is the only survivor in his kingdom. Omsya is on the run. Chasus is...
95 0 10
After being pulled from the Lake of Fire with no recollection of how she got there, Trinity sets out on a journey to find out what happened to her an...